Thursday Chatters start a new year---January

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • Yeah Janelle that's fantastic!!!!!!!
    Inspiration that's what I need and you're it.

I have been keeping a journal, drinking all my water and really trying with the food. I'm not doing too bad just have to remember it's one pound at a time.
    I'm on a learning curve here at work. I did get back some of my duties so that's not a problem but some new things that everyone seems to think I'm capable of learning. They're going to send me to some of our branch offices in february - halifax and moncton maybe quebec city too - to meet the people in workers' compensation(I'm responsible for doing all the claims)-so should be interesting.

well hope we all have a great day OP

see you all soon

maureen
  • Afternoon!
    Maureen, it sounds like they are keeping you very busy. I'm glad you are enjoying it. Good for you for journaling.
    Janelle, keep up the good work!!!
    Jeanne, how are you doing?
    Susan, how is your gluten free diet going?
    Dori, how is Zumba?
    Tammy, did you get lots of walking in at Disney?

It's a lazy afternoon here. No specific plans here this weekend. If it's warmer, we will go walk at a track.
    Keep up the good work!!

• My slovenly, sloppy, no mind, no focus, redneck husband, bought me a gift certificate for 2, 30 minute massages for making goal!

He is a very good and intelligent man, and I love him dearly, but most days he has no more focus than a gnat. Then he does something like this.

Now, if I could just get him to take his heart meds, like he is supposed to! Would some one here like to beat this into him? Or at least loan me a bigger skillet to whack him with?
  • Wow, janelle, your husband did good!!!!!
    Why won't he take his meds? That's scary.

It's a beautiful day here. I heard the Weather Channel nuts bemoaning the fact that it had not snowed as much in NY this winter as last winter. What is the matter with these people!!!!! I guess it's easy to talk when it's not your state.

Everyone drink your water.

• Finally on here again!
    Janelle, congrats on the loss!
    Tina, you might be right about Maurice having a complex. He is so funny! I have been buying some new clothes! I rarely go shopping for clothes, so this has been fun! lol Tim and Lauren will be here Friday, and I am sending some things home with them. I admit that I brought way too much! Sending home some clothes, undies (lol), shoes. Also books that I have read, and anything else I think of between now and when they leave.

One thing that I bought is a flag holder. It is a triangle display box. I wanted one for the flag from Bob's funeral, but those that I found at home were so expensive. I happened to be in Michaels a couple weeks ago, and saw some that were $20. I was so excited because those at home were about $40. When I got to the register, it rang up at $10!!! It was even more on sale!

Maureen, I know that journaling is a big key. Need to get back to that. I have been doing well with the water though!

Walking at Disney was amazing! I wore a pedometer the 3 days that I went to the parks. Tuesday - 6 1/2 miles, Wednesday - 8 1/2 miles, Thursday - 5 1/2 miles. My legs and feet really didn't hurt from all the walking, but my rear end hurt! It even woke me up in the night. Want to keep up the walking now that I am back in Georgia. Walked quite a bit yesterday, but today I just crashed all day. Hurting and sleeping because of fibro. It doesn't happen often, so I am all the more thankful for the good days.

Janelle, so sweet of your husband to do that for you! Please tell him to take his meds and stay healthy for you! My husband died 3 1/2 years ago, and my life and my son's life will never be the same.
  • Hi everyone! Wow, can you believe January is over!

Not too much new here. I've been busy crocheting! Still working part time and still putting resumes in. I don't know how I'll ever work and fill these orders. lol! I think it will quiet down in the summer.....

Hope everyone is good and staying op.....It's on 2:10 and I only have 8 POINTS LEFT.........EEEEEEEEEEKKKKkkkkkk!

Talk to ya all later, gotta get ready for work!
  • Hi Everyone,
    Tammy, you will have to model some things you bought and take photos.
    It sounds like you've been busy.

Jeanne, is your house the way you want it now? I still haven't found pictures to hang in the dining room.
    We finally found a ceiling fan for the living room...a perfect one.

Susan how are you?

Maureen, when do you begin traveling for work?

Mimi, I hope you like your new place.

Dori, you are too quiet.

Janelle, when are you going to use one of your gift cards?

I really stayed OP today. And, I drank all my water.

• Massage, Wednesday, at 1:30! Right after I do the last stage one, workout A of the NROL4W.

My boys got me a gift massage at the same place a few years ago! It's great! Can't wait!
  • Massage, Wednesday, at 1:30! Right after I do the last stage one, workout A of the NROL4W.

My boys got me a gift massage at the same place a few years ago! It's great! Can't wait!
  • STOP

Go to new February thread.