3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers > WW Clubs and Groups

#272 Bale of Turtles Welcoming in the New Year

Old 01-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #46

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All TGIF!!!!

Gearing up for a great winter!!! A lighter,healthier winter!!!!!!!!!!! Feel like a big blob but thats going to change. Will check in to the challenge thread and sign up.
Girls we can and will do this! This is our year!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #47

S/C/G: 220/207.75/160

Height: 5'-3"

Happy Friday, everyone

I rejoined ww but will still count Tops as my official weigh in which is Thurs
evenings. Even though I have been OP since Mon and exercised abit over holidays I was still up 2# last night.

Hope everyone is keeping on track & doing their best. I find weekends are tough & this weekend have been invited to potluck to catch up with some gf that went away over the holidays. But there is always going to be challenges that we have to deal with in better ways.
Any ideas on veggie dish that goes with ribs & baked potatoes (yes - that is what will be there)

We have been lucky so far with the weather, so loving that.

Have a good Friday!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #48

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. I am back. I am finally feeling better. I was having some personal issues. Mainly New Year eves my grandmas bday and the first one since she passed so that was a little ugly.

I am still trying to work but my job messed up my schedule for January so not to ohappy about that. I did get registered for the class. So I start back to classes on Monday.

My eating has been horrible since I have been sick. My body is trying to settle back into 280 which is not good. Everyone have a good day. I have errands to run. I am taking one last weekend trip before the crazyness starts.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #49

Hi turtles - I went for my 3 mile walk & on way home bought a veggie tray
and herbed greek yogurt dip, so that should be fine for potluck & will take
wine.

Hope everyone stayed OP today!
Old 01-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #50

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Saturday to you all.... I have a million errands to run today and tomorrow will most likely be working most of the day, I brought everything home with me so am hoping to get some good desk work done which will help lower my stress.

I made it to weigh in and stayed for the meeting on Thursday - I was down 1 lb which really surprised me but I won't argue lol. Supposed to be fairly nice here this weekend and the dogs really need to get out of the house so hope to get them to the park.

I am behind on reading posts but I sure everyone is doing well and staying on track.

Have a great day all!

Impossible is nothing!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #51
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

I"ve been busy, busy trying to get the house organized, specifically the garage. What a mess. But I made huge strides in fixing that yesterday/last night and hopefully will finish today. Well, the half of the garage that I mainly use. The other half? Hubs is a total slob and I ain't touching that. lol

After an arctic blast the weather has turned pleasant and quite nice . . . wish the whole winter was like that. Am off to exercise in a few then am tackling the rest of the garage. The best part? Hubs isn't home so I can throw stuff out. Yeah, like we need another broken radio/cd player 'in case we paint'.

Am going to weigh in in a bit too. Haven't been on the scale since last Sat or Sun and feel like it hasn't budged, despite being OP. We shall see . . . .

Have a great day, all. Look at my sig . . . I got that line from gardnerjoy. Ain't it the truth? Let's do it.

eta: as suspected the scale has not budged.

^^ Spiney Norman!

Strength is the ability to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands
and then eat just one of those pieces.
Don't give up what you want most for what you want now.
I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday.

Last edited by loose seal : 01-07-2012 at 10:28 AM.
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #52

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

happy weekend everyone.. been doing not to bad at getting everything gelling again.. even getting that darn water in... picked up a dvd today at costco - not to sure if I will try it just yet or wait til I feel I'm more ready for it but figured it's a step in the right direction.. still loving my treadmill so for now that will work.. wishing everyone a fantastic weekend
Old 01-07-2012, 11:45 PM   #53

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. So I was doing okay with eating. We went to an outlet at Myrtle Beach and walked around just about the whole thing. Which I undid later when we hit up the buffet. I will weigh in on monday and restart this effort again.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #54
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 12.31.12: 286.6/260.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

life4evr~ Buffets are rough! Glad to hear you're feeling better!

Taylorsjourney
~ I hope your weekend is going well too!

loose seal~ Sorry to hear about the scale, how did the rest of your day go?

Princess1122~ Congrats on your 1lb. loss!

bandit2~ How has your weekend gone so far?

terrod99~ This is definitely our year!!!

My weigh in this morning went AWESOME!!! Sundays are my weigh in days, and I am psyched to say that I am down from 276.2 to 269.4! I know the big loss is due to this being my first week really OP, but I'll take it! I talked to the school nurse on Friday because I was down just shy of 5lbs. at that point and asked her if I was being unhealthy with my weight loss. We talked about what I have been doing, and she said that it sounded like I was doing well and that I should expect a higher loss the first week or two, but that it would probably peter out as I kept going. I know I should be aiming for 2lbs./week, but I feel great, so I'm sticking with it!!! I have to work at the restaurant tonight, and I'm a little concerned. We mainly serve comfort food, much of which I LOVE, so it's going to be a challenge! I think if I prepare something before I go and bring it with me, that could help! Have a great afternoon everyone!

I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl...
**Mini Goals**SW:286.6 1/1/13
**5%(272.2) 1/20/13**10%(258)**Big #! 249**15%(243.6)**50lbs.(236.6)**20%(229.4)**25%(21 5.0)**OneDerland (199.9)**Big #! 190**100lbs.(186.6)** Big #! 179**40%(172.2)**125lbs.(161.6)**45%(157.8)**GOAL 150**
Red = Goal Reached

June Exercise Challenge: 90/1300 Minutes
One for every 5lbs.

KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #55

Kim - that is awesome.. congrats on the huge loss and good luck with work tonight.. maybe if you picture the food with huge lumps of melted fat oozing all over it that will detract you from it LOL...

Life4evr - buffets are hard but think of the fantastic walking you got in.. maybe it won't be so bad in your w/i... I always try to look for the positive

Terri - I like the bring it on attitude.. 2012 take down year.. literally...

Banditt - awesome job with the walking and the veggie tray choice... sounds like you've got a handle on it

Princess I hope you got a little bit of a stretch and break with all that work.. wow doesn't sound like fun for the weekend....

Loose seal did the scale move today???

Well last night I watched a part of the dvd I had picked up and thought oh dear not to sure it was for me.. today after a great night sleep ( finally) I thought let's give it a whirl.. I decided before I clicked play that I would work in MY comfort area and do what only felt comfortable for me... Ripped in 30 is the title of it and for a while I thought I should be ripped to be trying this BUT I made it thru ( it's only 20 mins - but def a feel/burn program) and although I can feel the wakening of some muscles I don't use in that way ( pray for mobility tomorrow) I am happy I tried .. no wait I am PROUD that I tried.. not sure how I will feel in the morn when I am sure those muscles are talking a new language to me but for today I succeeded LOL.. bring it on Jillian Michael s - yes you scare me but not enough to walk away.. .. hope everyone is having a great day
Old 01-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #56

Hi turtles:

Sounds like everyone is busy and keeping on track which is great.

Kim - awesome weight loss! Good luck tonight with any temptations at work

Taylor - you dvd sounds gruelling for sure, especially something from Jillian
Good for you for sticking to it and hopefully, you won't be too sore tomorrow.
My daughter met Jillian in Toronto at a booksigning and got a picture taken with her which I thought was exciting since I watched her on Biggest Loser.
She is one tough lady but definately knows her stuff.

My weekend was good - had potluck with my friends which was fun and counted everything I ate/drank which wasn't too bad overall.

Can't believe our weather, honestly strange for here but am loving it.

Lets all have a great week!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #57

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All Happy Monday!

Back to routine, DS is going to exercise with me at Y a few nights a week, hope the girl friends will join in too. It is nice to have someone to go with. Walking friend has moved so that was good while it lasted!! Eating has been pretty good all weekend. I feel less bloated already.

OK girls let kick butt!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #58

Monday here you are!!!

Workouts are done - wahoo .. TOM is next week and I am bloated like crazy already.. I've had a rough go getting the water in so maybe that's playing into it.. will work on that this week.. also going to cut out my diet pop that I have in the evening.. will see if that sodium is having me retain the water.. working on figuring everything out..

Banditt - that's cool about your daughter meeting JM.. I never would of tried any of her dvd's if I hadn't read on the community blogs so many people giving them two thumbs up.. I was laughing this morn when I told my dh 2 days down 28 to go... with it being only 20 mins it's a nice additive to the treadmill .. glad to hear you had a good weekend and your potluck went so good..

tonight is zumba - I'm thinking I must be crazy right now LOL.. have a great start to our week ladies...
Old 01-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #59

I am looking into getting a few more fitness games for the Wii. I have one called Exerbeat that I enjoy and I have wii fit plus (dont feel that i get much cardio from it.) I am either wanting to get the Zumba game or Golds Gym Dance Workout. Anyone heard anything about these or tried them?
Old 01-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #60
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

Well I finished the garage. I can now walk into it without tripping over anything. Might not sound like much but it's been a mess for months on end and it feels so good to have this accomplished. The hubs also pitched in a bit and threw out many, many old paint cans that we've had for ages. Another shelf cleared!

Haven't gotten on the scale since Saturday . . . maybe tomorrow. My jeans have felt like they did just b/4 Christmas - loose - so hopefully I'll see scale results as well.

CherryAutumn -- I bought the E/A Sports Active for Wii and really like it. It's very, very varied and you can do a low, med, or high intensity workout. I bought mine used off of ebay. Come to think of it I haven't used it in a bit cause I forgot I had it. I'll have to incorporate that into my workouts. I've been doing a lot of circuit-type dvds. Chris Freytag has several called Xtreme Workouts and Slimdown Xtreme. I really like them.

^^ Spiney Norman!

Strength is the ability to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands
and then eat just one of those pieces.
Don't give up what you want most for what you want now.
I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.