3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   #272 Bale of Turtles Welcoming in the New Year (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/249021-272-bale-turtles-welcoming-new-year.html)

loose seal 12-30-2011 11:40 AM

Well the scale is still up 2 lbs. despite me being OP the past . . . oh, ok it's only been three full days. Still. I was expecting the scale to have budged at least a bit by today. I guess I need to back off the split pea/ham soup and the frozen dinners . . too much sodium me thinks. I've been drinking the water but the scale is holding steady. I feel thinner . . . maybe it's just not reflecting on the scale quite yet.

As for my 'down 6 lbs. total for the month of December', yeah I'm not too sure why I thought I'd lose an extra lb. between Christmas and New Years. That's craaazy. :dizzy: lol So turtling along and hopefully something will fall away and by Sunday I'll be back at my 5 lb. December loss.

Then? Let's kick some butt(fat), ladies!

Itryharder 12-30-2011 07:04 PM

Loose Seal,
I'm ready to kick some butt fat! So funny. The weight up could have been so much worse. :goodscale:

Princess,
Sorry you're working so hard. I see a light at the end of the tunnel for you.
With the holidays almost over, somethings are going to fall in place. You're in my thoughts and I'm pulling for you. :goodvibes:

Life4evr, hope you're feeling well soon. Here's :grouphug: to keep you on the right track.

Bandit, WW is doing a few new things that you'll probably like. I think it's smart to do the two programs. TOPS and WW. Right now I'm doing JC and WW and it's working for me. :idea:

Today has been a good day. Kids are coming over tonight to catch a TV show they all wanted to watch. It starts around ten o'clock, so I'll probably be asleep not too far into it. Tomorrow I've got food planned. Counting on not overindulging so I can shake this weight. Too much gained, taking too long to get it off. But.......I did half hour on :tread: today and I'm proud about that.

Happy New Year to all the Turtles!!!!! :celebrate: we're a great group.
Judy
234.6/????/179 and thinner onward to goal this year!!!!

Princess1122 12-31-2011 06:56 AM

Good morning everyone and happy Saturday to you all! Another busy week down for me... yeah! We are babysitting the grandbaby tonight so that will be fun.

Tomorrow is the start of a new year and a new me! Ugh, I am so off track I am not even sure where the darned path is anymore. What a mess... that being said i am ready to get back on, I just feel aweful - eating out of control, not exercising, not managing my stress at all, not sleeping.

So I am giving myself a really hard shake and getting it together. Made a last minute appointment to get my hair trimmed this morning, then off to the grocery store to stock up on figure friendly foods and lots of things to pack for lunches etc.

Will spend this weekend taking care of ME - I will also be working from home and getting alot of things done but they are all geared at making things easier for me and managing my stress and my time better... I have been like a crazy women lately and it is just simply not me!

Rejoining anything is just not a smart thing for me to do right now so will continue to get to TOPS as often as possible and make it a point to exercise but as for going to back to WW I just don't have time for it right now although the online version might work... will have to think about that.

So sorry I have been off line lately guys, bear with me and I will check back in as often as I can!

Take care everyone and have a safe and happy new year!

bandit2 12-31-2011 11:02 AM

Good morning turtles:

Princess - nice to hear from you and it sure sounds like life is super crazy for you at this time. All the more important for you to look after yourself, so glad to hear you have a plan.

All - I tried to get myself organized for the start of the new year & I
have rejoined walking centre and weight watchers, have eaten through leftovers and cleaned out my fridge. So no excuses not to lose weight.

Heres to a Happy New Year, weight loss, health & happiness to all!

So, tomorrow we all get a brand new start on our weight loss journey.
Good luck to everyone!!!

Itryharder 12-31-2011 02:44 PM

Hi Princess,
We can be your support group until your life lightens up a bit. Would you like to WI at home on Wednesday like I do? It could give you accountability.
You're off to a great start with healthy groceries in the house. Working 12 hour days may make getting exercise tough, so do the best you can. I know you can do this because you have done this. Here's a :grouphug: and :goodvibes: to keep you going!!!!! :bravo: :celebrate:

Bandit, I love how you've tackled the important things for you this weekend.
Yay for re-joining the walking centre, etc. and getting rid of leftovers and getting in good food. :chef: Weigh to go!

My dh and I just got back from a walk on the boardwalk. :beach: It always refreshes me. Also stopped at Trader Joe's to get some salad fixings, ff milk, and onions so I can make an onion soup tomorrow if I feel like it. I offered it to my kids on Christmas day and they loved it!! Yay

My weight is not budging the way I'd like, so I need to tighten up the food even more than I have been.

Happy New Year to all our Turtles, Laruen, Lin, Bandit, Princess, Cherry, Jar, Loose Seal, Life4evr, Terri, Taylor and all our buddies. You're the best. I can't tell you how many times I felt like giving up. Coming here there was always someone who would offer a pep talk or a kind word. Hey, if losing weight were easy, no one would be overweight.

Happy New 2012!!!!! This is the year for great things to happen.
Love,
Judy
234.6/186/179 and thinner :cool:

KimL1214 12-31-2011 03:10 PM

Oh ladies, you have no idea how happy I am to still see this thread is still going strong!
I can't even count how many times this makes for restarts for me. I know I touched in during the summer this year, with the belief that I would be kicking some fat butt. And then... I found out that I had Cervical Cancer again. SO! I've beaten it again, and decided that instead of feeling sorry for myself, I'm gonna do something about it. Turns out that there are all kinds of studies in progress and finished that show that being over weight is a contributing factor to certain cancers, including cervical cancer.
So, the New Year is about to begin, and I want to see what I can do in a year's time! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone again!!!

loose seal 01-01-2012 12:11 PM

Kim . . . prayers and hugs out to you. What a hard road you have travelled. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am beyond annoyed at this whole holiday thing altogether (from a weight loss perspective). I was on succcch a good roll one week ago, got off track for no more than two days and was right back at it and the scale is stubbornly still up a lb. And while I know in the whole vast scheme of things it isn't anything and it will come off . . . . just blargity blarg blarg blarg. :mad:

Am off to a NY day party at my BIL's, which is fine because the food is never all that great and I'm eating eggs and some pumpkin muffins now (one of my usual breakfasts). And I know, I know . . . just keep turtling away and the weight will come off. I want to be down to 155 (11 solid lbs.) 6 weeks from today (The Walking Dead returns then!) and am not feeling confident that that is an attainable goal. I don't think my body will give up 2 lbs./wk for the next 6 weeks. BUT . . . persevere I will and get as close as possible.

Happy Gnu Year everyone!

terrod99 01-02-2012 06:27 AM

Happy new Year! Everyone!

Hope you all had a great holiday season, we had a wonderful vacation, the sun and sand was great. It was a really nice family time. Back to routine!!! Looking forward to that! This week will still be off, as I only work 2 days and DS is still home from school until next Monday. But going to make the most of it!!! I have some major house re-arranging to do in the bedrooms. So I am going to keep moving and stay away from the fridge!!!

Got to rethink the eating plan and figure out what will work for me. I know what doesn't!

So 2012 we are going to kick butt!!! This is our year turtles we are going to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terri
Thinking thinner healthier thoughts for 2012

Princess1122 01-02-2012 08:24 AM

Good morning everyone and happy new year to us all!

Today is my first day back on the heathly path, I did not even try yesterday as we had a company, etc so today is my target day to get started, I have my journal out and am getting ready!

Have a ton of things to do today to including taking my old girl to the vet for a limp that has started... poor old girl.

Judy, I will most likely stick with my Thursday evening weigh in for now, if it proves out that TOPS is going to have to go on hold for a while then I will gladly change and do a Wednesday at home weigh in with you. Thanks for the offer!

Take care everyone!

Itryharder 01-02-2012 09:50 AM

KimL, so glad to see you back. Yes, this Turtle group just keeps getting better and better. So many of us are losing real weight and are determined to get this excess weight off. I'm so sorry you had a return of your cancer. I'm sending prayers and :goodvibes: to you. I love your attitude. Yes, 2012 is the year we're all going to be successful. :bravo:

Terri, you'll figure it out. You've got the :exercise: down pat. What food ideas are you thinking about? I, for one, believe in changing up when what I'm doing doesn't work.

Princess, you sound great! It's a good idea to stay with your WI time. Glad you've got a plan in place. We can do this! :balloons:

Loose Seal, ugh----those pounds just stick, don't they? You and I went through a similar situation over the holidays. I thought I was doing well, but actually continued to gain over the week between Christmas and New Year's. Thankfully my scale didnt' go up any more than it had, so I'm okay with that. You'll get the weight off. May still be excess salt and water retention. You'll figure it out. Weigh to go!

Jar and Taylor, looking forward to hearing from you gals.

Cherry, how are you feeling? I know you've got some medical problems right now. :grouphug: How are you doing?

Life4evr, are you still working while you're going for your degree? :goodvibes: I know you work hard------it's like exercise, right?

Bandit, love the example you're setting with :exercise: Yay!

Okay, I've got to pack up my Christmas decorations and I need to start now.
Have a great day. When we have a great day today, we can wake up tomorrow and have a great day then,........and when we do that for long enough.........we'll be at goal. Love you all!
Judy
234.6/?????/179 and thinner into the next decade of weight numbers. 2012 is my year to reach goal. WE can do this!

bandit2 01-02-2012 10:20 AM

Morning turtles & Welcome Back, everyone!

So we all enjoyed the holidays, now time to get back on track & reach whatever goals we set this year.

Back at work today with meals & exercise planned for the day.

Lets do it!

KimL1214 01-02-2012 12:19 PM

bandit2~ How were your holidays?

Itryharder~ Thank you! Good luck cleaning up all your decorations!

Princess1122~ How was the visit to the vets?

terrod99~ Glad to hear your vacation went well!

loose seal~ 2lbs./week is attainable, but will be tough! I bet you can do it though!

I discovered yesterday why it is important to THOROUGHLY go through my cupboards, fridge and freezer. In a moment of weakness, I discovered frozen ravioli in my freezer. I fought with myself for a while, but I think one of my biggest problems was that I had only had two eggs and toast yesterday and some progresso light soup. So, I was hungry, and once I saw the ravioli, it was almost like it was calling my name. Needless to say, I have cleaned out the cupboards, fridge and freezer, and will be dropping of the extra food at my friends house (he has three daughters who will cut through it in a couple days).
The rest of my day will be spent cleaning the house! Back to school tomorrow!

bandit2 01-02-2012 12:44 PM

Kim - holidays were great, got to spend time with dd before she went to New York. I also cleaned out my fridge yesterday and washed all the shelves
and have fresh fruit & veggies on hand. Basically restarting everything today, along with everyone else.

All - hope you are all organzied and on track today!

Itryharder 01-02-2012 03:59 PM

Hi Turtles,
Yes, KimL. thanks for asking. House is all decoration free and dh and I are just back from a walk on the boardwalk. Chilly, 40degrees and windy, but on top of decluttering for over 4 1/2hours I think my exercise for today was good. Food good too. I can do this!

Happy New Year to everyone! Keep up your spirits and chime in when you can.
Judy

Taylorsjourney 01-02-2012 06:02 PM

Hi Turtles.. only took all day to get here but I`m here.. wow didn`t realize how long I had missed out on til we were out of #271 and into #272... shame on me.. I am glad though to be back here with all of you..

hello KimL - nice to meet you and sorry to hear about your cancer.. glad you are here with such an amazing support group..we have a FB group too - Turtles if you are on that social network as well!!

this is going to be short as I have to get read for my zumba class which I have looked forward to all day.. today I have totally been OP and that feels awesome.. I worked out this morn on the treadmill and that seems to just set me in the right frame of mind.. I'm so glad to see so many had wonderful visits and I have to admit I'm also happy that I'm not the only one in this boat alone.. the scale is up but I am accepting that and will work my best to get back into the rhythm again.. I got all my water in - huge challenge for me but I did it.. wishing everyone an awesome evening..

oh do we have a challenge going on that I might of missed - something new for 2012??