#271 Bale of Turtles Heading for the Goal!

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Cherry, sorry you're having gall bladder pain. I understand that is very painful. Here's : that you'll feel fine real soon. In the meantime, congrats on your weight loss.

Loose Seal, thanks for all your messages. And good luck on your OP.
    Judy
    234.6/185/179 and reaching goal in 2012
  • good morning everyone.. I've been MIA for a bit and I have a few to stop in and say hello.. briefed thru some of the posts so will generalize this with I hope everyone is hanging in there.. I think at this time of the year it's best we can do.. Lauren I will pray for your Mom and ask her to be put on a friends prayer circle - it never hurts to have as many as you can right..

we've had a very stressful last week.. was thankful to say that farming was complete when my dh was asked to help his cousin combine so he could finish his crops.. well last row coming back to unload the combine's axle broke .. kind of like a last smack from an already season of doo doo.. so needless to say my dh stress passed on to me and it threw me totally off my rhythm and food wise went out the window.. my constant is the exercise but OP has not existed since Tuesday.. I am fortunate since today's wi I was only up a smidge breathe a huge sigh of relief but I need to get a grip.. which at this time of the year is already difficult.. anyway that's what my world has going on .. just wanted to touch base, wish everyone the best and keep on moving one step at a time!!
  • Hi Turtles,
    I just read Taylor's post and I guess what I can say is life is sometimes hard.
    As a matter of fact, life is often hard. In those times we do the best we can.
    Exercise is super smart because it helps with weight reduction, but it also helps by relieving stress. So Taylor, do the best you can. Take baby steps to get back OP. Sounds like you're doing that already.

For all of us, I am planning on being as close to OP as I can. Going out to lunch today and Wed. with friends. Today I know the restaurant and we all always have a big salad w/grilled chicken. That works for us. Wed. is a ?
    But Sat. and Sunday will be my two favorite days of the year. I've got high calorie things going on, but I'll also have salad and diet jell-o in the fridge.
    I still drink Diet Coke and that helps me. I plan on filling up my plate halfway with salad and having small portions of the other foods. As far as dessert, I plan on a sliver and a couple of cookies. As far as appetizers, I plan on having shrimp available for me. That'll all help. Also, getting weight down to lowest point before Christmas Eve and Christmas day will help a lot.
    Any weight I put on then will be "fake weight" and I'll get them off in time for my next WI. That's my plan A and I'll make up a plan B if that kinda falls by the wayside. I'm planning on a wonderful time. BEst of luck to all of us.

Lauren, I'm still praying for your mom, you and your family.

Everyone, take care, be well and happy.
    Judy
    234.6/183(I did it. I dropped my fake weight)/179 and thinner to goal!
  • Just a quickie post. I've been OP and the scale is nudging down. I WILL hit 165 (my 5 lbs. off goal) by Christmas. Hope everyone is hanging in there. Soon it will be Christmas day!
  • : weigh to go Loose Seal! being OP is the best thing ever.
    Judy
    234.6/183/179 and thinner on to goal in 2012~~
  • Quote: : weigh to go Loose Seal! being OP is the best thing ever.
    Judy
    234.6/183/179 and thinner on to goal in 2012~~
    Isn't it though? I was just hankering for something sweet but I've eaten 1400/cals and it's 10:30 at night. hmm, what to do. I ate one spoonful of ice cream. Know what? That did the trick. The sweet monster has left and I'm still on track. Sweet!

I'm pushing it this week because Sunday . . . SUNDAY . . . oh my! I'm trying not to think about it all. Sometimes having Christmas at your house isn't such a good thing cause all the food is here! lol

Thanks for the cheer, Itry!
  • Hey All!

Hope you all have a wonderful OP Christmas! Hope to check in again but just in case I don't! (We are leaving for airport late Thursday afternoon.)

Will be back for new years!!

Keep at it gals 2012 we will do it!!!!

Terri
  • Hi Turtles,
    Happy Hannukah and almost Merry Christmas!!!!!

I like all the positive and practical posts. I think it's great that we're working very hard at staying OP, but if we slip we don't binge. We just redirect our eating and keep on keepin' on. It hasn't always been that way for me. I used to beat myself up pretty badly, but now I'm reveling in the so what, it's "fake weight" that will come off as long as I get right back on track.

Sending good vibes and happiness to all the turtles. You make my life so much richer.
    Judy
    234.6/183/179 and thinner on to goal in 2012
  • Hi turtles:

Terru - have a fabulous trip!

All - guess everyone is busy doing last minute holiday prep.
    Hope you are all staying OP this week - very tough with all the goodies
    everywhere you go.

Lets do our best, forget the rest!!!
  • I meant Terri
  • Just a quicky-----I lost 3# this week. The 2# fake weight disappeared and I got off another 1#. Yay!
    Judy
    234.6/182.8/179 and thinner Goal in 2012 (I'm celebrating in advance. Lol)
  • WTG, Itry!! Keep up the good work!
  • Good morning everyone... too far behind on posts to catch up quickly but I will hopefully over this coming weekend. Work has been crushing... 11 -12 hours a day with no time for anything else so I am really looking forward to the three day weekend.

I sure hope that everyone is doing well - Have a great day everyone and I will pop on when I can.
  • Popping in to say hello and let's keep on doing our best. Lots of challenges coming up this weekend, so I'm taking a minute to "regroup" and think about what I really want.

My kids, their spouses, and one grandchild will be with us on the day of Christmas Eve, overnight, and Christmas day. I love having them all here.
    I've got an idea of how I can stay OP. On Christmas Eve, we don't have a special supper, so I'm having soup and a salad and maybe a half sandwich.
    On Christmas day, the breakfast can be pricey in points plus, but I'll stick to eggs and a lite Eng. muffin----which I really love. Later one, I'm starting dinner with a French Onion Soup WW style, then filling half my plate with salad and then small portions of the "good stuff". It's a good plan, so i need to remember to implement it. Also, I'm definitely having Christmas cookies and dessert and a couple of pieces of candy, but I'll remember that I don't need to eat the 'whole thing", but can have a reasonable amount. You know, of course, that I'm writing this to get it into my head one more time and to boost my resolve.

: to all of us. Let's have a wonderful holiday and a very Merry Christmas.
    Judy
    234.6/182.8/179 and thinner Hey, this is the lowest I've ever been at WW's since 2000. I am so happy. :
  • Hi turtles:

Looseseal - glad to see you will hit your goal by Christmas, awesome!

Judy - yahoo! Good for you! 3# is amazing especially right now.
    Your mean planning looks good. Planning ahead is key. I have people in
    Chirstmas eve & will have some point friendly items and planning on not having too much leftover of the rest. Will have traditional christmas dinner at my moms & usually I also cook a turkey at my place to have over holidays,
    but my dd will be away and I don't need extra, so that will also save me some time. I enjoy boxing day - I don't leave the house & stay in track suit and we have leftovers, watch movies & relax.

Have office potluck today, then final weigh in at Tops tonight.

All - hope you are ready for the holidays!!