Old 11-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Default Thursday Chatters for Turkey Time

Hi everyone! We are a group who get together to chatter and share all kinds of stuff-- from staying OP, to our hopes & dreams and grandchildren, kids & pets! Hope you jump in and share with us! You'll find all kinds of fun going on here!

Maureen, have you found a WW meeting? How is your condo?
Susan, how is your mother? Is Pat feeling better?
Jeanne, you are so focused to stay OP. Good for you!!!
Mimi, Tammy and Dori, we miss y'all.
Janelle, I hope things at work have slowed down a little for you.
I hope I didn't leave anyone out.

I'm back OP this week. Too much stress from Larry's vertebrae problem has wreeked havic on my weight loss. I haven't been exercising and that's a big part of my losing.

It's already November. I can't wait for Thanksgiving. My 2-year old great neice will be here, with my nephew & wife. She has grown so much. Can't wait to see her.
Everyone have a great Friday!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:28 PM   #2  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Hello ladies. I fell off the wagon about 2-3 weeks ago due to some family issues. My grandmother (mom's mom) had a heart attack and was sent to Memorial Medical which is an hour and a half away. We found out she had to have open heart surgery which led to my mom staying with grandma from October 9 - November 2. Due to mom being out of town my younger brother and sister stayed with us. I never knew 2 more kids would be so much work. Being an emotional eater isn't helpful in situations like this. To make a long story short grandma came home yesterday which means mom is back home and my siblings are with her. So I'm hopping back on the wagon. More pounds shall be evicted soon.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:41 AM   #3  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Morning everyone!

Down -2# this week!

Tina - Good job getting back OP! I love Thanksgiving too!

Dori - I'm so sorry about your grandmother! Prayers headed your way!

Have a great day!

jeanne
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Good Morning
Dori, I'm so glad your grandmother is doing well enough to go home.
Don't worry, you have determination and will take off those pounds.
Is Zumba still going there?

Jeanne, That's a super loss this week.

It was actually down to 40 degrees this morning. Brrr.... I'm going to enjoy this cool weather while we have it. (I'll also be happy for a lower electric bill this month.)
Old 11-04-2011, 01:32 PM   #5  
jeanne

FYI - 3 fun size, 3 Muskateers = 5 Points
Old 11-04-2011, 05:03 PM   #6  
Thursday Lady

jeanne, that's so funny!
We don't have treat or treaters now because we live inside a "gate." Larry asked me to buy candy anyway, in case neighbors had parties and went door-to-door.
I refused to get the 3 Muskateer minis because I knew who would eat all of them---ME!
Old 11-05-2011, 07:20 AM   #7  
jeanne

Morning! Have a great Saturday ladies!!!!

Off to work..............

PS - Remember to fall back tonight/tom. morning!
Old 11-05-2011, 07:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Enjoy your day Jeanne. I'm going to get to a WW meeting this morning! I've been putting it off and I know that I've gained weight. I have a little deal going with one of the ladies I work with so it's incentive.

Sorry to be MIA. I've been here just not posting. Tina, how's Larry feeling these days, better I hope?
Jeanne, looks like you're back in the Chocolate business. I don't know how you do it. I'd be eating all the inventory.
Susan, how have you been? You're quiet too.
Marion, Tammy hope you're both doing okay.

My mom broke her ankle about 10 days ago and she's in the hospital. I think she'll be there for a while because she has to stay off her foot but of course forgets and tries to walk. This is when I wish I was still back east.
I think fall is finally over. It's 13 F right now and going to a high of 37 F today. No snow in the forecast yet but some places here did get some yesterday.

Friday is a holiday in Alberta so I'm going down to Calgary to see 2 of my sons. I'm looking forward to it. Will come back on Saturday evening.

Wish me luck at WW and I'll report back later today I promise.

Have a great Saturday.

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #9  
Thursday Lady

Happy Saturday to all,

Maureen, crossing my fingers and toes that you'll have good news at WW. At least, I'm hoping the leader has good advice.
Jeanne, have a good day at work. I guess all the Thanksgiving stuff is out.

I've got a really bad cold. It's one of those where you are so stopped up that you can't breathe and sleep at the same time. I think I got 4 hours of sleep last night.
Everyone have a great day!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Just came back from weigh in and needless to say I'm not surprised. I have work to do and I just have to shake my head and get at it. I can do this and I will.

Let's all have a great Saturday

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #11  
jeanne

Hi Maureen!!!!!! it's so nice to see you!!!! How is everything going at your new condo? Are you settled? Yes, I'm back at Barkus. Just 2 days a week tho! And...I'm not in management anymore.....but....thats ok!

Got up in the attic this morning and "unpacked" all the spare blankets, washed them and have them drying outside! Mmmmm, they are going to smell so good! I should be working on crochet orders.......but.......it's just one of those lazy days!

Oh...I do have applesauce cooking in the crock-pot and I made that WW recipe for Caramel Apple Dessert this morning. (went to Farmers Market & bought local apples after work yesterday). Last night I made Instant Pumpkin Pudding and poured some into those mini keebler graham cracker shells for Bob & Kaitlin. I just poured mine into a dessert dish! Yum! We are having "breakfast" for "dinner" tonight! My family wanted pancakes & sausage!

Everyone have a great day!

GO STEELERS!!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 03:05 PM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Jeanne, I don't want any this year (thanks) but we just don't have the pumking pudding down here anymore. Boo....
I guess it's a nice day here. I'm stuck inside with an awful cold. Feeling better than yesterday but had fever during the night. Larry went out and got us each a piece of pizza for lunch.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #13  
Thursday Lady

HI Group,
I've got a meatloaf in the oven and tapioca pudding in the frig.
What's for supper at your house???

My voice is about gone today. I hate when that happens, don't you!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #14  
Thursday Lady

Good morning,

Maureen, I didn't comment on your WW visit. You can do this! We all fall off the wagon and get back on. Get out your roller blades before it snows too much.
Have a great time with your boys!!!

Everyone come on out and post!

I am loving these bright mornings without Daylight Savings Time.

Last edited by Tina; 11-08-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:52 AM   #15  
Thursday Lady

It's Wednesday and I seem to be the only one posting right now.
We are all so busy.

janelle, how are work, your hubby, family and the garden???
Dori, you can get back OP. Please let us know how everything is going.
Susan, we miss you.
Jeanne, what's up today?
Maureen, have a good work day and enjoy your mini-vacation.

I went to buy some fresh fish yesterday only to find all they had was previously frozen and it looked awful. Guess I'll have to buy my own frozen fish.