Old 12-02-2011, 05:16 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all! Today is my first day on the new job so I need to just say a quick hello and then get moving.

The TOPS party was fun last night but I did not get home till about 10:00 pm so am tired this morning but a large cup of coffee should help! This new job is in downtown Indy so I need to leave a bit early to figure out where I am going and I don't want to be late on my first day.

W/I was terrible last night... I was up 2.8 lbs so need to get my head back in the game!

Have a great day all!

Taylor: I have made that cake many times and it is very good! Enjoy!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:02 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Princess hope you have a great first day at work!!!

TGIF to everyone else! I am tired and need rest!
Walking then work half day, shopping, cookie baking for exchange Saturday.
Work gals are going for sushi haven't decided on that yet. Hubby is off to lake for the final trip before winter.

Have a great day/weekend gals!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:55 AM   #33  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

Hi all. I'm off to try and get some Christmas shopping done then back home for decorating. Well, the outside at least. Tomorrow we're tackling the inside.

Workout is done, quick shower next then b-fast, dogs walk, mall. And I want to be back home by noon so I have a few hours before the herd hits the door. Busy day.

Have great weekend!

Turtle, turtle.

Last edited by loose seal; 12-02-2011 at 07:56 AM.
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:57 AM   #34  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Taylor, I think you're smart to get your exercise in. You may very well cut your recovery time. You're young and healthy and you're in great shape.
Glad you liked my "couchie" comment. I tend to shorten things. Lol. You're doing great. I've made the Diet Coke cake too and think it's good.
Also, Fresca or Diet Sprite or any Light colored Diet drink with white cake mix or yellow cake mix works great too. Another favorite of mine is the angelfood cake mixed with only a can of pineapple (crushed and in its own juice). That usually works out to three points per serving and it's yummy.

Princess, good luck on your new job. My guess is that food wasn't easy this last week when you tried to get everything done when you knew you'd be back at work. I know how you are and the food will get under control with your new routine.

Terri, I hope you get some nice rest soon. A cookie exchange is a great idea. I'm putting off baking cookies until the very last minute. They are a huge temptation to me.

Cherry, congrats again on a good OP week. Weigh to go! :

Bandit, how are you doing? I am determined to get another pound off before our Biggest Loser Challenge deadline. I know I can do it. (My secret challenge to myself is to be 179# on Jan. 1st. That may be too much of a stretch since there are so many "holidays" inbetween now and then)

Life4evr, Seal, Jar, how are you guys doing?

Good luck to all of us!
Judy
234.6/185/179 and thinner

Last edited by Itryharder; 12-02-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Hey all, just checking in. I have no time anymore, not even to get online....so so so busy.

I'm doing ok, maintaining, i gained over the thanksgiving week, but have lost that now, so i'm back to where i was. around 190. I'm so ready to get into the mid to lower 180s. I didn't exercise during the thanksgiving week either, so now i've started that again, and feel GREAT.

i'm hoping to lose some before christmas so that i won't be too far out of balance. i'm starting another 1/2 marathon training in 2 weeks. i'm excited, but not about running in the winter. That doesn't sound fun at all to me right now lol.

i just found the turtles group on facebook and "asked to join" can't wait to get that going. i have a smart phone maybe that'll help me stay in check.

i do have a nsv to share though i was at target yesterday and happened upon jeans on sale. now, mind you, i've got 4 kids and have been married 10 years. i don't buy myself new clothes EVER unless its super duper clearance or at goodwill anyway, they were on sale for $15 and all of mine are a little big (size 16) so i decided i'd treat myself to a pair of NEW never been worn before size 14. so i did! got them home, and washed them hung them up to dry. put them on today, and guess what! they're too BIG! I went back and got a 12!! I'm so very excited!!! can't wait to put those on and them FIT!!! woop woop

hope everyone has a blessed weekend, stay warm and safe, they're talking winter precip. here in oklahoma next week....i say bring it on! we'll see
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #36  
Chick

Lots2go! Weigh to go on getting through Thanksgiving and planning for Christmas and the marathons. Yay! Also big on getting into 12 jeans. That's amazing!

Good to see you here again and on the Turtles on Facebook!

Judy
Old 12-03-2011, 06:21 AM   #37  

Good morning everyone and happy Saturday to you all!

My first day on the job went well yesterday and I think that i will be able to get into a routine there plus it is downtown so that means walking in from the parking lots each day and the place is huge so I should be able to get in lots of just random walking plus I will start to take the stairs again!

I have soooo much to do today but I wanted to get online quick to say good morning to everyone! Will get back on later on when things calm down to do some personal postings!
Old 12-03-2011, 08:42 AM   #38  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

lots2go . . . . wow, what great thing to have happen! Stories like this make me even more determined because I want to put on my size 12 jeans again and have them be too big. Right now I look like a stuffed sausage in them. lol Congrats and keep up the good work.

There's a Turtles Facebook page? Who knew! Can someone link me the FB page? I can't seem to find it on my own. Thx.

Am off to do some yoga in a bit then spending the day trying to get the house in order. How can it go from clean, neat and tidy on Thanksgiving to chaos one week later? And why is maintaining a level of chaos possible but maintaining the level of clean/neat/tidy seemingly impossible? I'm sure its a Murphy's Law kind of thing.

Have a good day and remember if you get tempted to go off plan by some food screaming your name? Just. Say. NO.

Last edited by loose seal; 12-03-2011 at 09:05 AM.
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning turtles:

Judy - I'm doing fine and feeling abit better, but still have a terrible cough
but getting better each day. To be under 180# but the New Year would be awesome, keep up your good work & you will get there for sure.

Lots - nice nvs with the jeans, you must be pumped about that. Little surprises like that really give us that little extra push we all need. Keep it
going!

Princess - glad to hear your first day at work went well, that is always a blessing and bonus for the extra walking (silver lining)

Taylor - you enjoying our sunny day! It is gorgeous out there today so
enjoy while we can.

Loose Seal - Welcome to our group! I am sure you will find lots of support and tips here, great group of ladies here. Where are you from?

As for myself, still dealing with this awful cough but on the move & getting things done. I turtled once again this week & can't complain since the Christmas goodies & outtings have started. Trying to be good but ever now & then something gets past my lips & we all know too much will land on your hips.

Well, my kitchen blinds are up & I organized some things and have less clutter which is nice.

My dd is coming home for the night so will visit with her for awhile before she heads outs with her friends. Always nice having her here & thankful she lives
close enough to come home often.

Tomorrow - is going to tree day & once that is done, then I really feel Christmassey.

All - have a great weekend and hopefully we can keep in control most of the time but enjoy ourselves along the way.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:00 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hi everyone just dropping in real quick. Had a slight gaine when I weighed in on Friday. So I do WW online and I am not sure how I feel about the changes. Alot of people are saying their points dropped. Well mine didin't go any where. I have to do more exploring on the site. Hope everyone is well. Have a good evening.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:26 AM   #41  

Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all! Got the Tree up last night, youngest DS and his GF along with D-DIL and G-Baby came over to help. I put out a big salad and flat breat pizzas for supper for everyone so over all we did well and had a good evening.

I have a ton of stuff to get done today but wanted to do a quick reply to loose seal about our Facebook page - we sure do have one and we would love to have you join us! Send a private message to Taylorsjourney (or me and I will pass it along to Taylor) with your name as you are listed on facebook and she will do a search for you and then send you a invitation, she is the admin of the site for us.

Have a great day everyone... I have to run but hope to get back on later on!
Old 12-04-2011, 08:12 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Tis the season to be Busy!!!!

Weekend goes by so fast no time to think!!!!! Sushi with work gals Friday night, Sat am with Mom, afternoon cookie exchange, eve actully relaxed watched a movie with DS.

Today dig out summer wear start packing, Value Village shopping with SIL for shorts for trip, grocery shopping, meal prep for week ahead, laundry, probably have to visit Mom (she will call for something she needs and can't wait for).

Not even thinking tree as we are leaving the 22nd. I should ask DS if he would like tree he is only 12 !!!

Well I am still getting my walking in most mornings will switch to Y next week, My boss has been going weekday mornings to the Y so I have to go she asked me the other day!! this is a good thing she will give me heck if she doesn't see me there!! Food is so so!!! But keepin at it!

Have a great Sunday gals!
Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:28 AM   #43  
Chick

Hi turtles,
Princess, great that you had a family get together to put up your tree. And you had figure friendly food. Yay!

Terri, so great you're still getting in your Good to have your boss looking over your shoulder.

I'm taking a little break this week. Am eating "normal" food, not so much JC. Also I pulled a muscle in my groin so haven't gotten out walking or However, dh and I finished decorating. I never realized how many actual hours it takes. Wow. I love it, though, and wouldn't have it any other way. I did the tree by myself while he was doing so many other things. It took over three hours just for the tree. Wacko!!! The whole house is ready to go. I've been shopping online, my favorite. It's so funny. When shopping online became available, I didn't think I'd ever do that. But what I have found in that some merchants I really like have consistently keep up their quality and I don't need to "see it" to buy it. Very few disappointments and it's my best way to shop.

Food has been okay. I want to lose a pound this week, so I need to be a bit more careful. Those cashews keep calling me.

Everybody have a great day. I hear how busy you all are. It reminds me of when I was working and balancing a family and house. Not easy, but still joyful.

Best to everybody!!!

Judy
Old 12-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

Okay who took our snow and replaced it with rain LOL!!!

Good morning everyone.. its drab out there so the lights are lit in the house and with it being toasty I'm loving it.. Had a Christmas dinner last night with my Aunt.. she is my favourite Aunt and it's so hard at times as her health is declining .. made the best food choices I could and not going to worry if it the scale goes up tomorrow.. today will water water water to flush the salt out.. that's what I notice the most.. today we are going to finish up the last of the decorating and later on I will head out to workout..

life4evr - I do WW online and I received an email last week telling me we would see our changes Dec 6th.. the only point drop I've heard is it goes from 29 to 26 dp.. other then that I've heard nothing so will wait and see what happens Tuesday .. I just figure if that's the case and I need the 29 will just take it out of my Wp or Ap..

Princess - sounds like you had a lovely evening with family.. that's the best part I always say.. I love when my kids go thru the tree ornaments and you hear the story connected to them.. Awesome about the work place and the stairs.. you get the glutes moving and grooving LOL.. woo hoo you will have a bootylicous hiney LOL

Banditt - glad to hear you're starting to feel better and I hope you had a lovely visit with your daughter.. With mine living in Calgary I miss her so much .. I was able to get the clothing you recommended and found it worked out wonderfully thank you again for the suggestion.. so your home is all set for the holidays how wonderful is that..

lots2go - another marathon .. wowzers and training it 2 weeks BEFORE Christmas.. that's amazing LOL.. I shiver about going out to the barn to use my treadmill and here you are outside in the elements.. hats off to you girl.. Awesome about the jeans it just makes your day doesn't it..

Terri - sounds like you are going to have a fun vacation away.. shorts in December means somewhere warm LOL I will be trying out Sushi on the 13th should be interesting..

Everyone else hello HAVE A WONDERFUL SUNDAY!!!
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

Hi ladies... things are moving along here.. lost this week will post on other site.. made my soup to go with this dreary day and tonight I start my first class of Zumba - nervous about that but will go in with the attitude to have fun and see what happens.. supposed to drop in temps later this week so dh is hopeful we will get that last field off.. can not believe we are in December and not done..

Have an awesome day everyone!!
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote