Old 11-23-2011, 06:35 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! The rain has finally stopped here, boy oh boy we sure got a lot of it, dry for the next few days then another round but will enjoy the sun while we have it.

A bit more shopping today then some cooking for tomorrow.

Hoping maybe to take the dogs to the park this afternoon, they need to get out and so do I so may excuse myself for a half hour from my mom and just take a few quick trips around.

Bandit: The kitchen is next for an upgrade for us also but mine is the original 1950's kitchen from when the house was built so we need a full rip out with plumbing upgrades, etc so that will need to be budgeted since I am thinking the bill is going to be very high... LOL, too high for right now anyway. We don't even have a dishwasher that is how old my kitchen is which since it is just DH and I is not a big deal even when I did have one in my previous house I did not use it often, just too used to doing them by hand I guess.

Judy: Yes, they are wonderful moments and we are enjoying our time together, with mom's hearing and sight loss and lack of mobility it makes everything slower and much longer to do but we are chugging along.

Life: Good thinking! I like to cook but sometimes it is nice to just go somewhere else to enjoy the meal.

Taylor: How is your DH doing? I hope he heals quickly!

Terri: Turns out the Cymbalta (sp?) does work for my symptoms but the 60 mg was just too strong so I am asking to stay at the 30 mgs, will see if that works.

Lots: Were you able to get onto the Turtles Facebook page?

Jeanne: How are you doing? Are you cooking for the holiday?

I have to run but have a great day all!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:13 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Happy Hump Day!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all our American Turtles!!! We will be enjoying black Friday here in Canada as the retailers are having some great sales trying to keep the money at home.

Princess I am glad the cymbalta is working, also of note I don't have a dishwasher, we have a century home and had a 2 phase plan for our kitchen reno the dishwasher was in phase 2! Who knows when that will happen. Phase 1 was done 3 years ago!!!!

Bandit you sure are busy!!! We have a red maple that is the last tree to lose its leaves there is always snow on the ground before the tree is done!

Judy Have a great holiday with your family!!! It is nice to be close with your kids, life gets so busy that we need to plan family time.

Life Enjoy!!! Work your shift and then relax and be a guest!!!

Taylor/Lots/Jeanne You gals keep at it!!!!

Everyone stay positive!!! Keep moving!
Terri

Last edited by terrod99; 11-23-2011 at 07:18 AM.
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:24 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning turtles:

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who are celebrating, enjoy your holiday!

Princess - My kitchen is also old but the cupboards are solid wood & are fine with painting, just too expensive ripping the whole thing out. So with some modern upgrades here & there it is fine. I have a portable dishwasher that actually looks like a built-in and is seldom used unless I have lots of company then I fill it up. It is nice to get things fixed up, even little things make a huge difference.

Terri - Nice you have a century home, lots of character in those places.

Had my dinner last night & it was good so leftovers for my lunch.

The freezing rain they were calling for missed my area, so was thankful for that. Just the thought of that makes me nervous. Snow is one thing but with freezing rain you can't really drive on that. Anyway, is clearing up and suppose to be nice the next few days. Most of the trees surrounding my house are pretty bare, so if weekend is warm enough will do raking once more,
then thats it!

All - hope everyone is coping with whatever challenges they have, make good choices and enjoying themselves along the way.

Have a great Wednesday!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #49  

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies.

Judy- At my weight I am no where near the 29 points yet so that doesnt really apply to me. Plugging all my info into the calculator and weighing around 223 my points are at 34. I know that seems alot but had been losing nicely till just recently. If i cant get it started back up i will drop a point but i have seen the scale going slightly towards the favorable side so maybe i am about ready for another downward trend.

Princess- at one time i took Cymbalta for my depression. Just assuming it is the same medecine. I had to go off of it cause it made me feel angry and agressive. All i can say is the withdraws knocked me off my feet. They could have killed a hippo. I hope they are working for you though.

Lots2go - Great job on the great exercise.

Hello to Taylor, Bandit, Jeanne, and Terri. Hope I remembered everyone. On Friday my DH and I are going to spend the day celebrating an early anniversary. It is hard to find a good time for someone to watch our little ones. My eating won't be the best because we are going to some of our fav. restaurants. I will take the consequences and do my best to get back on track afterwards.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #50  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

I'm in the midst of cooking, so I've got to run. I gained 0.4# this week and am not sure why. It could simply have been a reaction to losing so well last week.

I'll update later in the week. In the meantime, I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. Here's to meet all our challenges and to keep on keepin' on!

Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:08 AM   #51  

Good morning everyone and happy Thanksgiving to those here in the USA and best wishes for a very wonderful day to those that are in the north and happy Black Friday to all! LOL, no shopping for me this year but that is ok, my mom and I did a lot this week so I have a start on the Christmas shopping.

I am in the middle of cooking so just a quick hello before the day really gets going.

Cherry: Yep, it is the same meds and I worked up to the 60 mgs but felt "strung out" at the end of the day and could not sleep at all so I actually went off of it for a few days... that was not a smart thing to do... went back on the 30 mgs and things seem to be calming down now but it does help the joint pain that I am having and has taken away the anxiety attacks that I was getting. Although I have to note that i have always been a very cold person and since I have been on this meds I am hot all the time so either it is raising my BP or menopause is starting lol... I go back to the doctor next month so we will figure it out.

Judy: Have a great day with your family and don't worry about the scale until we get this holiday behind us, do what you know you need to and don't sweat the small stuff right now...

Bandit: Yep, our cabinets could be painted too but there is not enough of them and they are not really the right size for the room so... they need to be replaced but like you said they are soooo expensive so that is one of the reasons we need to really budget that room out because I think it is going to hurt our bank account really badly... I am pretty sure I can hear it crying already... LOL.

Terri: Have a great time shopping and I totally agree with the local shopping, if we all spend money within our communities what a difference it would make. We have Small Business Saturday here on the 26th so I will get out then and do a bit of shopping at our local places.

Lots: Have a great day!

Life: Enjoy your day and I hope that you are able to get a nice long nap in after working the night shift!

Taylor: How is your DH doing getting the last of the crops in? I would just love to live on a farm! My family comes from a long line of farmers but let it all go about 2 generations ago but it is in my blood and I think about it often... anyway, have a great day and I hope you get a nice run/walk in!

Take care all... I have a Turkey calling my name!

Last edited by Princess1122; 11-24-2011 at 07:11 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hi everyone. I had a good day. I did eat a little too much so I am paying for it now. For some reason I thought my weigh in was thursday and not monday but anyway. I lost 0.9# which isnt bad considering I havent really been giving my eating a second thought.

I will not be going out to black friday shop. Instead I am doing it online since most of my gifts need to be shipped. Hope everyone has a goodnight. The cold weather has hit us.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:31 AM   #53  

Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all! I have no official weigh in this week due to the holiday so will have to catch that up next week.

The dinner went well and everyone seemed to have a good time. Instead of having anykind of snacks or appitizers this year I had prepared a game that involves presents for everyone and that took up about an hour and a half so while everything finished baking the oven we played the game instead of eating more food when we had a big supper waiting for us. It kept everyone busy, they had a great time playing it and they all went home with a few goodies, so it worked out well.

Today will be a down day but I really need to get out for a walk, I need the fresh air and the exercise to clear my head and it has been a long week mostly stuck in the house other than running from store to store and my body is ready to get moving, I have not been able to get on the treadmill like I thought I would be so am getting way behind and my body is really feeling it.

I hope that everyone has a great day!
Old 11-25-2011, 05:23 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

Hello everyone.. OH my goodness I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and for those who ventured out for Black Friday - you go!!! I watched the Today show and seen the line ups and couldn't believe it.. Then on my way to work I heard about the pepper spray incident in LA and thought ohhh myyy gracious!!!

Princess - I am glad you are enjoying your time with your Mom and that you had a lovely turkey day.. thank you so much for asking about my DH.. he is coming along very nicely and we have been very happy with his healing.. he has ONE field left ( yeahhh ) so will be waiting for the first good frost due to the rain dumped on us Tuesday afternoon.. I think we could of floated Noah's Ark after that frontal system went thru... he said it will take one long day to finish getting the corn off and then it will be done for the season.. wow who would of thought this far into the year... so for now he is doing bookwork and paperwork ..

CherryAutumn - Happy Anniversary... keep taking it one day at a time.. maybe your body just needed to catch up with what you had lost and now it will start moving again...

Banditt - glad your renovations are coming along.. perfect timing with the Christmas season upon us..

life4evr - congrats on your loss.. I hear a lot more people are doing their shopping online .. they are having amazing savings there as well so I hope you find everything you are looking for..

Itryharder - I hope you are enjoying all your family ..

Terri - did you find some good sales here in Canada.. I couldn't believe when I seen some of the flyers that came out.. I'm curious to see what the % will be for those who remained homeland.. I kept getting email updates about stores having sales ..

lots2go - I tried to add you to my FB so hopefully I got the correct person LOL..

Well I'm working at it still.. I have completed week 2 of the c25k and will start on week 3.. figured I might as well just keep trying to do it every other day to move it along.. I had a little to much stress this week so that brought TOM on a week and half early so I'm sure that will mess with my w/i on Monday but I am okay with that as I noticed my body had a shifting this week.. celebrate what we can right... I will be decorating the house this weekend and baking 13 dozen peanut butter cookies.. yes 13 dozen... I am going to a cookie exchange Monday night and thinking oh my goodness how will I handle this.. so I have decided that I will make up platters of the cookies given back and take them to some of the Christmas functions (with a bottle of wine) and the rest I will freeze and let the guys take them out of there if they want any.. that's the plan but it's getting thru the baking without taste testing LOL..

Have an awesome weekend everyone!!!
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:41 AM   #55  

Good morning everyone and happy Saturday to you all! Rain is on the way, visitors have cleared out and I am going to go and grab the dog leashes and get out to the park again, it just helps to clear my head and work off the stress that seems to settle over me at times.

DH and I had to pick a bunch of folks up at the airport late last night so we did not get to bed until the early morning hours and then my mom woke everyone up at 4:30 am because she was eager to get home... I got maybe 1.5 hours of sleep last night but will have to just try and nap later on as once I am awake I can rarely go back to sleep. Ugh... family... LOL.

Taylor: So glad things are moving along with the DH healing and the crop work, it does seem really late to be doing that work but we had freeky weather this year so I guess that has a lot to do with it. You are doing so great with your training and I have to say is a real inspiration to me to get moving in anyway that I can!

All: Best wishes for a great day! I have not been on the scale lately and that is a mistake so will hop on tomorrow morning once I have a good nights sleep so that should tell me where I am and how badly I did... lets hope for the best... now off to the park for me and the fur-kids!
Old 11-26-2011, 12:27 PM   #56  
Chick

Dear Turtles,
I realize I just can't respond to everyone's post at this time. Just know I'm wishing you the best. What I can do is start a new thread since we've gotten long.

Food has been atrocious for me. Exercise Nil. Am heading to the park. Dd is going to have the kids play at Sunken Meadow park while I walk the boardwalk. How's that for support? What a doll! I got some sleep which I sorely needed and I'll perk up once I'm on the boardwalk. Oooooh.

See you on #270 Bale of Turtles Doing the Right Thing!
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote