Old 11-02-2011, 12:54 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Height: 5'4"

Hi. Everyone. Well I am finally over my sinus thing but I have lost all my motivation. So it's looking a little ugly over here. So I will be back later to catch up. Half of my Christmas presents are made. Working third has thrown my sleep schedule off so I am having alot of late nights for no reason.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:34 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! I will be out working in the yard today since they are calling for rain tomorrow, we have lots of leaves and such that need to be cleaned up and some more things that need to be prepared for winter.

DIL and I took the grandbaby to get a winter coat yesterday... well we got the coat but the over all trip to the store did not go well.... lol, the baby was in a bad mood and let the world know it... ugh. So we got the coat and got the heck out of dodge quickly!

This week is going ok and I hope for a loss of any kind since I could not manage to stay out of the candy bowl as much as I had hoped.

Lauren: Welcome back! So glad to see you posting again and I am very sorry to hear that things are in such an uproar with you... I hope things get better quickly!

Judy: What ever happens today at the scale does not define where you are right now! You are doing well, if you need to mix something up because you feel at a crossroad then I have faith in you that you know what to do... have a great day!

Bandit: Yeah, we did not do as much as we normally do either for Halloween but we sure bought a ton of candy and still managed to run out LOL. At one point they were lined up down our walk way! ugh... had to turn out the light and close the door way to early, next year I will double the candy order I guess. It really is an easy way to give back a little to the people that live in our neighborhood.

Lots: How are you doing? I hope things are going well for you, chime in when you can!

Life: Glad you are feeling better! It seems like everyone is getting sick so early this year!

Taylor: I sure hope you are feeling better! It is so hard to keep to anything when you are sick. Get better soon!

Jeanne: How are you doing so far this week? I saw the yarn that you posted a picture of... very pretty! I am working on getting some projects finished up and need to start on a pair of hiking socks for my DS for Christmas. Have a great day!

I have not really tried any new recipes this week but am going to try a new marinade that I found a the store on some pork chops and grill them this evening.

Have a great day all!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles

Sunny autumn day up here which I like to see!

Judy - you are doing great & loved your post, puts it all into perspective.
Just keep at it!

Life - glad you are feeling better

Princess - leaf raking is on my weekend list. My yard is full - got my eavestroughs cleaned yesterday & my fallen tree taken care of (cousins hubby is retired & I keep him busy) so now if I get the raking done, will
be all set before the snow! Yikes - hate the thought of that.

As Judy said - by losing 1# week it all adds up quickly.
If we all lost 4#/month by next June 1st we would all be down 28# and that
would make me very happy. Maybe we would all do better if we kept smaller goals in mind. 1# a week CONTINUOUSLY would be awesome. Doesn't sound like much but so much better than big loss/big gains & ending up in same place. Ok, enough from me :-)

I got in 3 mile walk last night & abit stiff today - maybe Zumba tonight will loosen things up.

Have a great day, everyone
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #34  
Chick

Life4evr,
I am intrigued.......what type of Christmas presents did you make? Good for you for being 1/2done. As far as the weight, it's good the sinus business is over and now you can work on the weight loss/exercise again. You can do this. So glad you posted.

Princess, babies are so much fun.......and then they yell. Glad you got a coat and got out of Dodge. So funny. Those candy bowls for Halloween are so tough. I've got my fingers crossed for a loss for you this week.

Bandit, good to hear from you. My leaves will be calling me soon. I've got a big maple in the front yard that is the last to lose its leaves every year. My neighbors will probably chop it down some year because just when they are *done*, my leaves drop. Glad you got in a three mile walk. right now I'm concentrating on 1 1/2 miles for now. Yeah-----I like the idea of a steady one pound loss. That's the ticket for me right now.

Lots, how are you?

Terri, isn't it funny that you and LaurenH had the same avatar? How's your exercise coming along?

Donna, how are you doing?

Taylor, ?

Jar, love your name. Hope you're feeling better at this point.

Cherry, I see you're losing more and more weight. Weigh to go!

Today was my double WI. I gained 2# at each place. My biggest hope is that by tomorrow I'll be at my more normal weight. salt plays havoc with me. I walked yesterday and today. That should help.
At my WW mtg. my three best friends all lost well after having dry spells. I am so happy for them and I expect to have a weight loss this week as well.

Gotta run. Just wanted to check in. You're all the best!
Judy
???,/?????/179 and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

good evening everyone..

life4ever - glad you have the sinus issue under control and hope that you find that motivation to get back on board..if you are doing ww online you can sometimes find inspiration in the community blogs..

princess - glad you found the jacket.. I remember all to well if one of my children wasn't in a good mood going out in public was a race to get the list of things needed done.. I hope the grandbaby is feeling better..

Jar I hope everything is okay with your friends family.. btw do you knit fingerless gloves.. I would love to have a pair and just was wondering... the colours of the yarn you had up were very pretty...

Bandit sounds like you have a good weekend plan on the agenda.. our weather here is going to be sunny but windy so not sure what you will get your way but a little wind might help that raking along.. good job with the walk...

Hey Lauren.. I hope things begin to even out for you and life becomes smoother..

Lots2go how is your training going..

CherryAutumn, Terri how is your week going

Well I tell you I'm still not feeling 100%.. today I thought I just had to get on my treadmill - I missed it - omg I'm sicker then I thought .. but I just felt I needed to get something in and I did feel somewhat better.. besides I told myself since it's all now settled in my chest as a good cold I should be good.. well the workout was awesome I sweated out so much stuff .. that euphoria (sp) lasted til afternoon when I fevered up.. I took my dh supper in the field and he ordered me home to bed ..hahaha which is funny if you knew my dh is the most gentle kind soul you would ever meet.. so here I am - in bed filled to the rim with all the kardashian news, beiber news and anything else that comes across the boob tube.. following the ww program has pretty much been non existant so who knows what this week will bring.. so here's to hoping tomorrow is a better day.. it can't last forever right!!!
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:48 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Thanks everyone.

Judy I made one of my God daughters a knitted hat and scarf. The baby God daughter a knitted hat. My best friend and her husband a knitted scarf. The recently moved to a colder place and she asked for hat and scarves. I was sewing till I had an incident iwth my mom's machine so i have to get another part for it. I understand about the salt. It has always played havic on me. Even when my blood pressure was lower.

Taylorsjourney I hope you feel better.

So my eating started out well. I had like 3 slices of a veggie lovers. Which the three slices seemed like a good idea at the time. Well my body wasn't happy. So now i am fighting heartburn. But at least I didn't eat half the pizza in one sitting. So my blood pressure is going back down. So far even with me not tracking and not really exercising I was still under 289 lbs last week. I have weigh in tomorrow so we shall see. My clothes and scrubs still have room so that's good. Weigh in is tomorrow so we are crossing fingers that i am still under 280.

Hope everyone has a goodnight.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:57 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All

When does it slow down?

Got to get the eating under control, not sure if WW is the thing for me, but not sure also what else would be........ I am having a colonoscopy next week there is a possibility that I have crohns disease! I laughed and told the docotor "you don't see too many fat people with crohns" she said I would be suprised. On a lighter note someone said I would loose 10 pounds doing the prep for the scope!!!! This could play a major factor in my diet!!!! We'll see.
So still walking 4 days a week. Got that going well..

Glad to see everyone is well and keepin at it!!! Nice warm day here yesterday hoping for a few more before winter sets in.

Talk to you all soon
Terri

Last edited by terrod99; 11-03-2011 at 05:58 AM. Reason: wrong number
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:49 AM   #38  
jeanne

Good Morning everyone!

Spent the day with a friends yesterday. Red Lobster for lunch.....Broiled Tilapia, 2 sides....both steamed broccoli and yes..........2 of those awful (lol) rolls they serve! Urgh! Then.....WENDY'S for dinner....small chili and side salad. So overall I stayed OP even eating out!!! WELL....UNTIL LAST NIGHT...When I couldn't find the perfect snack, so, I had a bunch of crap! I need a kick in the butt!

I don't feel good today. Headache & stuff! Hope it's not a cold!

I have several hats that I need to get done for orders. I got an email from etsy about "infrigment rights"!!!! I was so embarrassed. I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to make and sell "some" of my hats on there. Well, I guess I can...I just can't call them what they are. lol! ex: angry birds....I have to name it ... mad birds or something.

Well gotta get on the laundry!

Have a great day everyone!
jeanne
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:28 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! It is supposed to rain buckets today so I got my yard work done yesterday and will do inside stuff today and I have a lot of that so will keep busy and out of the kitchen - with W/I tonight I need to stay away from food with the exception of a basic meal or two - I have a beef brisket in the crockpot for supper tonight and we will enjoy that once I get home from my TOPS meeting.

Sounds like we are dealing with our struggles as they come our way and that is a good thing... sometimes the loads that we carry are heavy with our day to day lives and trying to take care of our familys and ourself all at the same time, it can take a lot out of us so I hope everyone takes some "me" time and gets to feeling better, figures out what works for them, gets in their exercise, whatever you are dealing with I hope that your load gets lighter, we all deserve a break once in a while.

Have a wonderful day all!

Last edited by Princess1122; 11-03-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:17 AM   #40  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Wow, this place is really hopping now. So good to see. Thanks for all the warm welcome backs (welcomes back?). I post regularly over on Dotti's but will try to check in here more often, too. This was my original weight loss home ... more than a decade ago! How is that possible?

Bandit, I would dearly love a steady 1#/week weight loss! That's my top rate, actually. These days, I'm trying to celebrate even the tiny losses ... and the maintains, even. Anything is better than gaining.

Hope our sniffling turtles feel better soon. There's a nasty bug going around. Both DH and I got it and had to go on antibiotics for sinus infections. Tomorrow is my last day on them.

Had a good day yesterday eatingwise and tracking. Today will be another.

My back has some kind of spasm going on; not fun. Haven't had one of these in a while. Wish I had a heating pad at work.

Have a great day, everyone.
LaurenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #41  

Hey Lauren it is nice to hear from you. Hope things settle down for you.

Judy- Sorry you are having such a tough time with the salt and water retention. I am craving salt right now.

Hello to Life, Taylor, Lots2go, Bandit, Jar, and Princess. Hope I didnt leave anyone out.

Almost that TOM so I have made a few bad choices due to bad cravings. I hope it wont do to much damage to this weeks weigh in. Will try to check in later.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:52 AM   #42  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Taylor, your dh is so sweet. Feel better soon.

Life4evr, the knitted gifts sound great. It's wonderful to have a skill like that. I crochet because I was horrible at picking up dropped stitches in knitting. Just didn't have the skill or patience. Glad your blood pressure is down. I'm sending : and fingers crossed for your WI.

Terri, when I couldn't make WW work anymore, I tried something else. What I won't ever know is how much the hives worked against me/or not. I did lose one pound on WW's just as my hives ended. Then since I was so close to 200# and frightened, I switched to another program. So far I am very happy with it, but going off is a dramatic weight gain immediately. You are great with your exercise and it is commendable that at least you haven't gained weight.

Jar, you did just what I have done so many times in the past-----gotten through the hard challenges, denied myself all sorts of food I really wanted, and then give in later that night at home or the next day following a holiday. We'll get this all right in time. From where I'm sitting, it sounds like you did really well for most of the day. I hope you feel better
soon. By the way, I love the "mad birds" and "hi Kitty" projects.

Princess, good luck on your WI. Brisket in crockpot sounds yummy.
We are all busy. I love your words and the details about how we need to take care of ourselves. My leader always says, :Make sure you're on the list and I try to do that. Of course I don't have young ones at home anymore, but I still find there are millions of things that need to be done. Good words.

Lauren, yep----this group is really hopping. Bandit suggested a challenge that ends with Biggest Loser's final night. Part of our challenge is to post daily. I think it's helping all of us keep on track. We also have several new
members who are fabulous in determination and support. I love this group. They've al got good ideas and help me realize I'm not in this alone. Lots of wonderful people struggle with weight and it's okay as long as I'm working on it. Here's a and for your good days. Keep it up. You are doing this!

Bandit, thinking about you and how we've helped each other for so long now. Wouldn't it be great to lose that pound a week and reach goal this year? :

Yesterday was a good day and the salty stuff is leaving me. I lost a pound overnight, have one more salty pound to lose and then I can concentrate on losing real weight again this week. I will be very happy to have that happen.
Dh is this upcoming Tuesday and we're celebrating with the family on Sat. I've got food planned and am thinking ahead. We are so lucky to have so much to celebrate, but the food challenges are always here. Gotta get up and over them. YaY.

Gotta run------best wishes to all of us. We're a great group.
Judy
???/???/179 and thinner.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #43  

Hi turtles

Busy forum, which is super duper!

Judy - Too much salt makes me gain as well (I would be up 3# from Chinese)
Hoping you are back down today and glad you are getting in your walks.

Taylor - Nice job on exercising especially when you are sick - now, that is
dedication! Hope you get back on your WW plan soon.

Life - 3 slices of veg pizza is really good. Last week I ate an entire pizza by myself & of course, paid for that at the scale. Good luck at your weigh in,
sounds like you will do well.

Terri - Why would your dr think you had crohns? My brother has it & has to be careful what he eats. I had that procedure a few years ago & yes, you will be dropping some lbs for sure, but after the prep you feel great.
Heard on radio this a.m. we are in for a warm November - loving it!

Jar - congrats on making good restaurant choices - that is always a challenge. We can all relate to the crappy snacks & need to have some
OP snacks handy. Maybe the "snackbox" idea would be helpful for all of us.

Princess - Crockpot brisket sounds like the perfect meal for a rainey day & am sure your kitchen smells yummy. Good luck tonight at your weigh in.

Lauren - hope your back feels better soon.

Cherry - Good luck at your weigh in this week. TOM really messes things up.

I got in a 1 mile walk on my lunch yesterday, then did Zumba last night.
So this week has been successful with my exercise, for a change.

Weigh in tonight - scale hasn't moved since last week, which may be a good thing.

Anyway, have a great day and lets all stay OP!
Old 11-03-2011, 12:08 PM   #44  

Judy - we posted at the same time. Great minds think alike????
Old 11-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #45  
Chick

Bandit, always good to see your smiling face.
Judy
?????/??????/179 and thinner. You know, I really want to get there. Time and patience and keeping my momentum will do it.