Old 10-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Me too! It will be very nice to see pictures of everyone and give us another avenue of support.

You can find me at Susan Cosgrove Collier.

Last edited by Princess1122; 10-24-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:47 PM   #47  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Well, I'm back from dentist and getting ready for my women's group tonight.
We always have plenty to talk about. Today has been good as far as food and Dh too tired from getting house ready for Halloween to walk the boardwalk, so I finally made myself get on the As usual, it just wasn't that bad.

Jar, and weigh to go for staying OP while having both lunch and dinner out.

Princess, you're right-----I'm trying so much harder now than I did in the past. What has been so revealing is the amount of food I can eat in order to lose weight. It's teeny tiny----but worth it because the weight does come off. I hope your body gets used to your new meds and that you feel better soon. They should help once you can tolerate them. Our Halloween party is coming up this weekend. Thanks for asking.

Lots2go, starting fresh is very smart. Weigh to go on your run. Hey, by the way, I bought individual bags of pretzels instead of candy. For me, they're less tempting and the kids seem to like them.

Taylor---fabulous power walk! I think your dh gave you great advice. It's good to get out and go even when your mind is on other things. :

Terri, good to hear from you. Did you ever think this site would get so busy? Isn't it great? : and

Cherry, how are you, dh and the kids doing?

Life4evr, how's your work schedule this week? I keep thinking of you working with your client and getting muscles. Yay. I'm ready to move from 3# weights to 5# weights. Don't anyone get too excited. I do hardly any reps and it's all easy stuff..........but I know it's better than nothing and I'm feeling good.

Gotta run and get some things done.
Take care.
Talk soon.
Judy
234.6/185.2/179 and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #48  

I am still here. We didnt't get out much with the kids this weekend because everyone has been sick. My youngest ended up with what we think is the German Measles. My oldest has a cold that always ends up in her chest. Trying to keep bronchitis away. My husband got a sinus cold and I am not feeling so great myself. My middle son seems ok except for a sniffle here and there. Sorry that was probably more information than anyone wanted to know. I will try to be back on later.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

Oh dear CherryAutumn I remember the days when one comes down with something the others including yourself aren't to far behind...I hope everyone is on the mend and you are able to get some rest yourself...

Itryharder - awesome job on the food and the workout!! hey that's fantastic that you are moving up in the weights... wahooo

Princess it sounds like you had a busy but great weekend.. how was aquafit ? My family has fibromyalgia (sp) in it so I can feel for you.. My Mom's last year of work before she retired was so painful on her... she had the tests done and had all the pts they say clasify it for Fibro.. her sisters all have it to and we figure my gram had it as well.. I find now that for me at the age of 45 I am showing signs of it and the winters are the worse time of the year for me.. my muscles just ache!!

Bandit - I'm glad you had a good visit with your friends but sorry about your dump cake... I have to say I admire you and your friendly relationship with your ex.... mine is well I can't figure out a word that I could politely describe him so I say kudo to you!! Thank goodness a kind caring man came into my life and helped take the sadness away!

Jar - I see your Steelers won!! my dh was so sad his Lions didn't come thru...how did your soup turn out?

today was one of those days for me that I wanted to chew my way thru everything in sight... today was a scheduled rest day for my workouts and I'm not sure if that worked in my favour... I drank water every time I felt hungry.. I ate fruit .. I tried coffee ( okay that might not be the greatest of choice but I love coffee so thought why not).. even now as I sit here typing this all I want to do is run to the kitchen and grab anything my hands could... so welcome to the beginning of my week... I so hope my TOM comes quick ( never thought I would say that) because this is the worst I've had it in a long time.. wonder if it has to do with the emotional roller ride Im on!! UGGH.. so far I've managed and Ive brushed my teeth now twice to try to keep me from caving LOL...

Im on FB too.. msg me if you would like my name Ive tried to private msg everyone and let's just say computer tech I AM NOT lol...I have issues with public content (my friend had theft identity so it left its mark)...

have a great evening!!! I'm off to brush my teeth again HAHAHAHAH
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:00 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Chilly Tuesday!

Layering up for walking this morning. I am not on facebook, never really had time to set it up, maybe will think about it for you guys!

Princess give that drug at least a few weeks to start to work, if it doesn' there are many others you can try, DH is going through the same thing right now.
Judy there are so many posts I can't read them all!!!! Can't keep up. Inee to go to the dentist but have been procastinating!!! I should make an appointment. Am due for a mammo too!!!
Bandit thos cakes are hit and miss, too bad yours didn't turn out.
Taylor I have those days, it doesn't stop til you go to bed, hope for a better day tommorrow.
Cherry we have all had the cold/sinus here too! It will get better soon!
Life hope your keepin on!
Jar/Lots you gals keep at it and check in when you can.

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:49 AM   #51  
jeanne

Brrrr....it is a chilly mornng!
Thanks for the friend adds on fb girls! Isn't it nice to "see" eachother!?!?

Soup.....I didn't get it made. I am starting it as soon as I get off of here!

Have a good OP day everyone! I'm shooting for some exercise today.

Jeanne

PS - We LOVE our Steelers!

Last edited by jar1965; 10-25-2011 at 07:50 AM.
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:42 AM   #52  

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! Is it very chilly here also but the sun is supposed to come out with rain tomorrow so we will enjoy today!

I am off to my Zumba class this morning and will walk with my TOPS gals this evening so I am getting in my exercise. I did make it to Aquafit yesterday and it was a good class, the pool was not too cold and that is always a wonderful thing lol!

I was able to friend a few of us yesterday and look forward to connecting with the rest soon, it is wonderful to "See" everyone like Jeanne said!

Terri: Yep, I am taking the meds daily and will keep at it, yesterday was rough in the afternoon, thank God I am not working right now because I really was not feeling well at all and ended up laying down for a few hours. I hope your husband feels better with this soon, it is not a fun thing to go thru, not the end of the world by any means but not fun either LOL.

Jeanne: It is a great day to make soup! What kind are you making? I saw your hat pictures! They are really wonderful!

Bandit: How are you doing this week? Have you read anything good lately? I'll bet you had some nice reading time while you were on the beach, I love reading while laying on the beach listening to the waves... ahhhh! Do you have your yard all ready for the winter weather? I have been trying to work on mine but am not done yet...

Judy: Good job getting on the treadmill even when you didn't want to, that is a huge thing for all of us that don't really love exercise LOL, I count it as a victory when I ever I actually get my weekly exercise in - what are you reading right now?

Cherry: Ugh, I remember those days too when the whole house gets sick, I hope that you are able to get thru it and feel better really soon!

Lots: How are you doing, are you still training for your marathon? I love Halloween also, not purchasing the candy till Monday morning though this year otherwise the DH and I just eat it LOL - we are both candy crazy people!

Life: How are you doing these days?

Taylor: Yeah, it is not fun, I have to go and have my blood work done and will try and do that tomorrow. I am anxious to see what it shows. I know what you mean about feeling hungry some times more than others, it is like that for me also. I was having issues with my TOM - it was coming like every 2-3 weeks so I finally went to the doctor about it, she ran a bunch of tests, etc and none of it showed anything, they said I was not going into menopause or anything... now I only get my TOM like every two months... it is crazy! I am 49 years old and have all the signs of menopause but the doctor says I am not even close... go figure!

I have to run, I hope I did not miss anyone. Have a great day all!

Last edited by Princess1122; 10-25-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:05 AM   #53  
jeanne

Susan - thank you! That Angry Bird one I did off of a picture! I didn't even know what Angry Bird was! haha! My puppy and Hello Kitty ones are on my other fb page. Sweet Baby Depot......check it out when you can. There are many other crochet things on there too! My Sweet Baby Depot Page is the one with the crochet pink awareness ribbon as the default pic. Someone told me there was 2 of them?!?!?

jeanne
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:13 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Judy - So glad you are getting in your exercise and doing well with the weights.
How are you managing your hunger when eating really small amounts? Lately, I just can't seen to get full.

Cherry - Sorry to hear your family is all sick, hope you get better soon.

Taylor - I have always had good relationship with my ex which makes
everything better, especially when a child is involved. Like you, I seemed
extra hungry yesterday & ended up having cake at the office, then got my hair cut at night which was right beside pizza place so had to pickup pizza after that & ended up eating the whole darn thing. Seriously, not a good way to start the week.

Terri - Nice you are also getting in your walking & yes, it was alittle nippy
this a.m.

Princess - You are really doing fabulous with all the exercise you are doing - awesome! I haven't read anything new for awhile. As far as my yard,
before my gf left for Florida we planted some bulbs & cleared out the front flowerbeds. But last Wed night an old tree blew down so have to deal with that soon. And raking leaves from now til it snows keeps me busy.
We have lots of big trees so no shortage of leaves to rake.

As for myself - still eating too much. Really been struggling since holiday.
Starting bootcamp tonight which is unlimited classes for next 30 days,
so hopefully that will be good & along with my Wed evening Zumba classes
get my butt in gear. But I really should rejoin my walking center - I did well with that and really enjoyed it.

All - have a great Tuesday.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #55  
Chick

Hi Gals,
I'm rushing again-----this may be my pace from now until Christmas/New Year.
I'm reading Mae Binchey's Tara's Road.
My best recent book was What Alice Forgot. Loved it.

Princess, great exercise!

Jar, great knitted and crochetted items. Really clever and complicated.

Bandit, thanks for setting up Turtle Group on FB. It's so easy. Is it true that those posts are private because I'd like to post photos, but don't want them available to anyone outside our group.

Hey, do you think we're all extra hungry because of the change in the weather? I know this happens to me every fall. To keep myself full, I eat two pieces of fruit, small, and a yogurt inbetween my tiny meals. i also eat a bar that has only 110 calories and is loaded with vitamins and minerals. It also must have a lot of fiber because that with a glass of water fills me in.
I eat a huge salad with every lunch and I have at least a cup of cooked vegetables with every dinner. Hope this helps. I find spacing out the food keeps my hunger level. Trust me, I'm never stuffed------but this is manageable. Okay-----really thinking of getting on but I may not make it today. Did my DVD this morning though and I used 5# weights for the first time in a long time.

Have a great day!
Gotta run
Judy
234.6/185.2/179 and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:49 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

Hi everyone.. I am just getting in from work and am whipped.. it's nice when you start later in the day but it stinks when you get home later too..

Sounds like everyone is having the munchie fest this week and I totally agree Judy maybe it is the weather contributing to it.. I just wish it would pass.. driving home from work I was salvating(sp) just thinking about cheesey doritos.. come on now they aren't even in my house but man could I taste them on that drive home LOL...

Thanks again to everyone who helped get the Fb site set up and love the turtles name and profile pic how fitting.. my gracious the amazing smiles you all have is awesome.. I'm not that tech knowledgeable so I can't answer the private thing and since FB is changing all the time I get more confused then anything about it..

okay going to head to bed but great job today everyone and if some stumbled there is always tomorrow...

night
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:35 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Well, my bootcamp was a bust. We had a groupon coupon, so either the place never existed or they moved. Will look into it when their office opens.
So needless to say no exercise other than driving around trying to find the place. How frustrating. But tonight I definately have Zumba & that is same centre as my walking, so will rejoin while I am there - No excuses.

As far as the FB thing, I think as long as you post within the group it is private, but I really only use FB to look at pictures so not really sure.

Stayed OP completely yesterday & all planned out for today. My ex's surgery has been postponed since he has a cold, so won't be going to hospital today.

Judy - thanks for info for what you are doing to stay OP, sounds good and having smaller portions more often makes alot of sense.

Taylor - Hope you made it home without giving into temptation & now
everywhere we go there are halloween goodies and the office treats are beginning to show up as well.

I think Judy is right that the weather has something to do with our cravings.
Rainey chilly days call out for some comfort food - so lets all dig out our
crockpots and fill it with something warm & point friendly.

I was reading about someone having a "snack box" which had OP snacks that they could have when mood strikes. One in the fridge & one on the counter.
So you have a few things in each, that when you just have to have something it has to come from these boxes. Worth a try!

Have a great Wednesday!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:57 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey Bandit too bad about the boot camp was looking forward to hearing about it, snack box sounds like a great idea too!

Judy I am reading Jody Picoult- Mercy, just started it!

Princess all that exercise should be good for the body pain and the scale!!!

Everyone keep at it! we are doing this!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:19 AM   #59  

good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all... I am heading out the door to get my blood work done and then heading for the first cup of coffee I can find... LOL, ugh, have to do a 12 hour fast for the blood work so I am really ready for some caffine!

Will come back later on.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:24 AM   #60  

Thanks for all the well wishes for me and the family. Some are on the mend and some still not feeling great but we will get there.

Taylor- I so know how you feel with days that make you want to shove what ever you can find in your mouth. Sounds like you did your best to fight it off.

Princess- Hope things go well for you this morning.

Bandit- The "snack box" sounds like it might be a good idea.

Judy- Yay on using the 5 pound weights. You are doing a great job.

Jar- It is Chilly here to. I have been eating lots of soup.

Terri- I am not on facebook either and I dont think I plan to. I try to be careful about personal info about my family online.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote