Old 10-02-2011, 10:16 AM   #1  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Thursday Chatters for October!

Hi everyone! We are just a group of gals that get together to chatter and share all kinds of stuff! From staying OP to grandchildren, kids & pets! Hope you jump in and share with us! You'll find all kinds of fun going on here!

Morning everyone! Happy Fall! Brrrrr, it sure is chilly here. I was going to name us the "Thursday Chilly Chatters"......but.....haha!
Got up this morning with a new attitude! Hope it sticks! I had a great breakfast and started out my day by PLANNING!

Have a great day!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:57 PM   #2  
Thursday Lady

Happy October!

Jeanne, thanks so much for starting us off.
Brrrr....you say! Well, it was actually 57 here this morning and it was wonderful!
We here in south TX have about a week of fall. I think this will be the one. I believe the next week will be back in the 90's again.

I did great OP yesterday. However, I blew all my extra points today---at Olive Garden. Today was the "Never Ending Pasta Bowl" and was delicious. Of course, I could fill up on just the salad.

Everyone have a fabulous rest of the weekend.

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #3  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Kinda funny.........PITTSBURGH VS. THE TEXANS today!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Yea TEXANS!!!

Old 10-04-2011, 10:40 AM   #5  
Thursday Lady

Happy Tuesday.
Dori, how are things going?????
blueeyedgirl, are y'all having good weather?
Susan, how is school? Are y'all having this nice morning weather. Love you!
Jeanne, are you busy making things again? How is work?
Maureen, get those roller blades out before the snows come.
Mimi, farmgirl, Tammy we miss you girls.
janelle, what's in your garden now? How is your husband. I'm sure work is busy for you.

Larry's neck is bothering him again. (A few years ago, he had surgery to fuse 3 discs when they closed up and he lost feeling in his toes and fingers.) He's going to a spine doctor today.
My metabolism is still at a standstill. Does someone want to kick it!!!!!

Old 10-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #6  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Hello! Can I join in?? I'm Kristi. 38 & overweight! Ready to say goodbye to these extra 100 pounds or so that I'm dragging around with me! I'm a BAD yo-yo'er, I can drop 20 or so pounds, give up and gain it back, plus some of course!
I work as a Teachers Assistant for 2nd grade (this is my first year of this!) My previous jobs had me sedentary - at a desk, all day long...for 17 years! So at least I get movement with my new job! Now I just gotta get to journalling my foods and making good choices!
I'm scheduled for a hysterectomy next summer (when school is out) so I really want to drop some weight so hopefully I'll heal quicker and with less complications! I'm scared of the surgery and recovery and the possible complications - so not only do I need weight loss motivation, I need uterus/ovary loss encouragement!!
I live in TN, am married to my Prince and we have 1 son...he's in school in Georgia (just graduated from HS this past May)! He gets to come home on the weekends - thank goodness!! I miss him terribly when he's gone!!
Sorry to yak so long...but I wanted to give you my "background" Have a good evening everyone!!

Last edited by Kristikins; 10-04-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:03 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Kristikins--yes, you are welcome here!!!!!
You have a great attitude. You can do this! We are here for you. That's one great thing about this group. We give lots of support.
Good luck!
Larry saw the doctor and got Prednisone. There are serveral things that can be done for this pain, thank goodness!

Old 10-04-2011, 09:12 PM   #8  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Hello all. Things are going well. Just got in from doing Zumba and I'm a little sore right now. This week and next week are a 4 day work week. Woot woot! We're planning on going down to Thomasville to visit with Justin's family. I'm hoping this visit will be better than the last couple of visits. Trying to have a positive outlook, but with the things that have happened it's a little hard. Well I must run. Time to start getting ready for bed. Love all of you wonderful ladies.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone and welcome Kristikins. Together we can do this. It's easier when we're not alone.

I'm on day 6 of another start on the program. I've been journalizing for the last week so hopefully that will help. I always feel better when I keep track and follow program. Why don't I remember this when I fall off??!!!

It's really starting to look like fall now. Our Thanksgiving is this coming monday so it's a nice long weekend. Looking forward to that.

Hope everyone is good and will be here later

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Happy Thursday to All!!!
I'm in a rut!!! My tracker isn't moving. I did lose the 2 pounds that I had gained.
I am going to weigh tomorrow, too, at home. Maybe I'll be able to move the tracker.

We can all do this!

Old 10-06-2011, 05:20 PM   #11  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Thanks for the warm welcome!! I'm still struggling to get back OP! Yesterday morning I tried to cook my Steel Cut Oats in the microwave...BIG MESSTAKE!! It was EVERYWHERE! So I ended up having Eggo's instead. (my mornings are limited on time)...last night I'd planned on cooking them for this morning - and then just nuking them, didn't get a chance to whip them up, ...soooo Tonight I'll be making them or tomorrow...and will figure points on everything on my plan for tomorrow...Now if I could just get the journalling thing down - that DOES help SO much! For a long time, when I was on WW before I was SO good that I'd plan out every bite, and write it down a day or two in advance and if it wasn't on my list, I wouldn't eat it! If I can just get that mindset back!
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #12  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Kristikins - Welcome. Glad to have you with us.

Weigh in was this evening. It was an exciting weigh in to say the least. As of tonight I have reached my 5% goal. I lost #3.2 for a total of #10.8. So today I received two stickers (1 for an additional 5 lbs and the other for my 5%). We're out of school tomorrow and will be taking the kids to see "Dolphin Tale". I'm looking forward to it. Well enough about me. I hope everyone is doing well. Remember keep going and keep your heads up.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:24 AM   #13  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! Yup, I'm still here.

Welcome Kristikins! About your Hysterectomy, I had a total one years ago. Once you get your hormones stable, it's great. Never regretted it.

Anyway, all the family stuff is done until next year, the days are getting shorted and life is quieting down.

The garden is still hanging in there since it hasn't frosted yet. Getting a few things.

Hanging in between 140 and 142 at home, still haven't seen that elusive 140 at WW. Ah well, I'll get there!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #14  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Everyone sounds good.
I've lost a couple of pounds from worry/not eating much. I took Larry to the ER yesterday morning. He will have an MRI tomorrow morning. He had spine surgery before and must have another pinched nerve iin his neck.

It's raining here today. Yea! Y'all up north are probably having beautiful leaves now.

Maureen, is it snowing up there yet?
Old 10-09-2011, 03:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi Tina

We don't usually get snow until late Oct or early Nov. There've been some winters where it didn't snow until after Christmas!! It's very fall like here today and yesterday. It's sunny and about 60 F. So it's nice.

Tomorrow is our Thanksgiving so I'm off.

hope you all have a great day and I hope Larry's feeling a bit better

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote