Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 08:08 AM   #1  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Angry Tuesday!

Well I didn't get home until quite late last night. I got my injections and then the doctor sent us over to x-rays where I was suppose to get my shoulders, hands and feet done. Well I get there and the first thing the lady asked is "is there a chance that you are pregnant?" I said "well, ummm...no" she said "why did you hesitate..." I said "well I stopped taken the pill this month" she says..."Oh, are you trying" me...."no,no...ummm, I just ahhh, the pill kinda takes any desire out for me and my dh wanted the old me back. " Talk about embarrassing! She then says "well have you had unprotected sex?" me....."umm, well kinda yes." She says "oh, ok...When was the last time?" At this point I am so embarrassed...I say"well actually yesterday" She says well let me check with someone. Off she goes and calls my doctor so now and a few other people she worked with. She comes back and says...sorry, you'll have to cme back some other time...UGH! It is an hour and a half away! I asked if I could get the done somewhere else and she said no. So, even though I am postive I am NOT pregnant, and even though I told her we tried for 2 years to get pregnant after my daughter was born...they couldn't do it. Frustrating for me because I know I am not in my fertile time of the month but I can understand her position. So, now we have to head down there as soon as TOM arrives.

LoriD...Thank you. I have no intention of giving up....but do get frustrated sometimes because I feel I am battling against myself and the meds. I will continue trying to make the best choices I can. Skating sounds like fun, and those nachos sound good to, I hope you enjoyed them!

Kirsty... I am trying not to weigh everyday...I am actually doing better. I used to step on it first thing in the morning, after breakfast, before lunch, after lunch, before supper, after supper, and before and after going to the bathroom....now that is addiction and obbsession! I have been much better and now weigh myself just in the morning, and only sometimes at night. Slowly but surly I will get to everyother day and then just once a week.
I am totally clueless....what are haggis, tatties and neeps?? What kind of swimming do you do? I am so anxious to join some type of swimming program...do you find it to be enough of a work out? Any swimming I do will have to be low intensity.

Jess...Sounds like you had a busy day. I have never read Tami Hoag....but I LOVE James Patterson. Have you read anything from him? He is definatly a page turning author. So far I have been seeing the scale go down....and I AM thankful for that. I will continue to plug away and bit by it will happen. Thank you for your encouragement! That is great that there will be meetings in your area. When I first joined WW back a couple of years ago I had to travel almost 45 minutes each week just to get there....I started really dreading the meetings. Now we have one in our town even though it is only 1 meeting time per week, I am glad that I am available for that one.

Keir...We can be robot buddies together. Sorry to hear that you are not doing so well either. What kind of medication are you taking? I've been on so many and nothing seems to help except the steriods (injectable prednisone) The last bit of meds that I was on was methotrexate and arava...both of which started damaging my liver and so I had to go off of them. Is it that you don't like ketchup or is it high in points? I never count it...am I making a mistake?

Jen-L...I hope you get the place!! Good luck

Ali...I am glad you had a good time on your date....but be careful! If the guy is like that on only your 3rd date....I would be a little weary. It sounds like you had fun though so it's your call!

KT...Glad the first aid course went well, Good luck on your midterm! I am jealous of your weather! It has been SO cold here. Yesterday it was -32C BRRRRR! I didn't know you could take a med leave from ww but I don't think I would take advantage of it simply because this is a lifelong thing that wont go away anyway so I have to learn to do ww even with the RA and steriods....it 'll just be a slower progress.

Rina...I am not seeing anyone other then my rheumatologist and family doctor. I have though about a chripracter but I really don't think it would help....I am always afraid of massage therapy because I am afraid when anyone touches my body...(painwise). About your gain...I bet it is TOM but do get back on program though so you don't make it a real gain! (just a friendly push!) I do understand the week of TOM and how much temptation there is out there. Just try, you can do it!

Phew! I didn't mean for this to get so long, it just happened. I better not lose it all when I try and post it! That would just suck! Have a great OP day, and I will be back later.

Angie
Old 01-28-2003, 09:14 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Angie - I would be pissed if I drove that far and had to turn right around! When you say you are "positve but not PG" you mean a test came out positive even though you aren't PG? How does that happen?

Ok, I have to read through yesterday's threads. But first, I am going to plead with you.

I have been off-program for almost 2 weeks. I really need to get back on and need someone to talk to. If any of you want to IM me (I use AOL IM) my screenname is modkittn, just like here.
Old 01-28-2003, 09:20 AM   #3  

Lori....What I meant is I am positive I am NOT pregnant! I don't have AOL but I do have icq. Sorry you are not doing so well right now. Try to focus on how far you have come.....because you have done SOOOO well! I would hate to see you go back there...and I know you would hate that too. You can do this! You have done it already. (((hugs))) If you want to talk PM me.

Angie
Old 01-28-2003, 09:49 AM   #4  

Hi Ladies! I haven't ever posted here before but I was lurking and saw the post about Tami Hoag and had to jump right in! I love her books! Very good reads. Has anyone read Janet Evanovich? Very funny mystery books! She has 8 out right now with the same girl in them. They are awesome. I hope you all have great OP days!

Samantha
Old 01-28-2003, 10:34 AM   #5  

This must be the week for embarrassing thing to happen to me!

While we were gone my MIL watched my kids...and I guess she felt the urge to fold my laundry. Well, wouldn't ya know she folded my THONG underwear! OMG like I really want her touching my underwear.....but my thongs??!! No way! LOL Why does she feel the urge to fold my laundry anyways?!

Samantha...Welcome to the thread! I haven't read Evanovich yet either. I am reading a book by Karen Kingsbury right now. It is nothing like Patterson, Evanovich, or Hoag. She is a christian author, and a VERY good one! I recommend her books...but be prepared to have a box of kleenex beside you.

Angie
Old 01-28-2003, 10:46 AM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

ANGIE... MY MIL DOES THAT TOO!!! The first time she did it I was horrified. I couldn't believe she would do it. I brushed it off. THEN SHE DID IT AGAIN. Both times it was the load with my undies in it. She babysat on Saturday and I needed to do laundry... undies again. We hid the basket in our master bedroom so she didn't know it was there. The last thing I want her to see is my HUGE granny maternity undies. I think that is so weird how they feel compelled to look in the dryer or bedroom for clothes to fold. Tho my MIL is odd to begin with. I know how you feel!!!

Lori... you can get back on track. Sometimes we all have these little breaks or falling off the wagon. Re-read your WW materials (if you are using WW). That helps sometimes!!

Nothing new for me. Totally exausted because my meeting was long last night and I didn't get to bed until later. And of course I don't sleep the best anymore. How can I make it through 13+ more weeks. And why is it I can't remember what it was like the first time around??????
Old 01-28-2003, 10:50 AM   #7  

Jen...LOL I am so glad I am not alone in having a strange MIL. Mine drives me up the wall...but I do have to say she does help out with the kids whenever we need her. BUT still....she is a little bit nutty upstair! I hope you feel better! My second pg was much more trying then the first. I was sick a lot, and much more tired. There will be an end even if it seem s so far away! hang it there! ((hugs))

Angie
Old 01-28-2003, 10:56 AM   #8  

I added a new fat "before" pic on my weight loss page. it is the third one down. This is the picture that opened my eyes and sent me running to weight watchers.

http://pages.ivillage.com/ang777/ourfamily/id13.html
Old 01-28-2003, 11:32 AM   #9  
Canadian Chick

Hi all, not too much new here. I am extremely tired b/c I have hardly slept in 4 days d/t a lousy headache. Nothing is helping (which is normal) & I can't get in for a massage until Friday. Argh! That is usually the only thing that helps me with h.a.'s. I haven't had one like this in at least a year (which is awesome for me!). Oh well. I'm hoping it will tone down before I have to go to work this afternoon.

Angie, I would really reccommend trying massage. Juast be very firm with your therapist about what you need & how much pain you are in. Also be sure to speak up when the pressure is too much for you. It would really help. Just be a very assertive good communicator. I really hate it when my clients don't let me know if the pressure is too much for them. I can feel a lot of things with my hands but I cannot feel how it feels to them-that's why good communication is key to a good massage. I think sometimes people are embarrassed or theyare afraid they will hurt our feelings by not telling us but really it makes it better for everyone involved. Sorry just letting out a little frustration. Also I'm not trying to be pushy. I just want to help. If you have any questions pm/email me. Thanks for the boost btw for ww. I think I have it back under control today-I even resisted McD's breakfast this mornign when I had to take dh through the drive-through before I dropped him at school. THat's a minor miracle for me b/c that's my favoritest thing at McD's! BTW Angie, I rad alot of Christian books too. I love Angela Ewell Hunt & Francine Rivers & Dee ____ Oh I'm drawing a blank! There are so many good stories! Have you read A Voice In THe Wind by Francine Rivers? It is probably one of the best books I have ever read. It has everything-history, action, comedy, drama, love, controversy, mystery. Its awesome! There are two more books in the series but I haven't been able to get them at my library yet. When I lose my 10% I an going to buy them all. Another super awesome book is Deadline by Robert ______ Its got all the elements of a great story too. I couldn't put it down. I had to renew it from the library three times b/c my whole family ended up reading it. It has a couple more books following it too but I haven't been able to get them either.

Lori, I hope you're doing alright! Are you still seeing your counsellor? I wish I could be there to give you a hug. You can get through this & get back on track. Look how far you've come!

Jen, 13 weeks sounds like a llot but it seems like not too long ago you were telling us you were pg. I hope that the time feels more exciting than uncomfortable!

Sam, welcome to our group! We love new faces! I really enjoy Tami Hoag books but have never heard of the author you mentioned. I am a huge reader & read pretty much all kinds of books. Right now I decided to read A Thousand Acres. Its ok so far but I can definitely put it down. What types of books do you like?

Wow this turned into a mini-novel! Sorry guys! Didn't mean to ramble so much! I was seriously planning on writing a two-second note b/c I thought I didn't have anythign to contribute!
Old 01-28-2003, 12:31 PM   #10  

Rina...I know who you mean....Dee Henderson! She IS a good author I completly agree! I also have some books I am going to start (once I finish the one by kinsbury) by Francine Rivers. I havn't read anything from her that I can remember right now....but I have heard +++ things about her books. Working in a library (and volunteering in my church library) I have tons of access to books which is awesome. Have you read any of the left behind series by Tim Lehaye (or something like that) there is another author who writes it with him but I can not remember his name. It is a great sereis...>BUT LONG!
Do you know it Massage Therepy is covered by the health card, or can you get a medical note or something? I would be willing to try it (at this point anything)....hey maybe that should be my goal reward! Do you have a lot of RA patients come in, and do they find any relief in it?
YAY! for you for passing by Mcd's....I know how tempting that can be! I knew you could do it!!
I hope you feel better soon, and that headache goes away.

Angie
Old 01-28-2003, 12:54 PM   #11  
Canadian Chick

Angie, You are in Ontario right? I think it is covered by health insurance there is your doctor refers you. I'm not certain though but I'm sure in my last newsletter it said that Ontario had acheived that. Talk to your physician. That's right Dee Henderson! Silly me! Yes I've read all of the Left Behind except the latest one. The other guy is Jerry B. Jenkins I think. Very good & quite interesting. Anyway gotta run! Take care.
Old 01-28-2003, 01:04 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

Morning ladies! It's so strange to be back at work. It's kinda driving me insane because there isn't really anything to do at this time of year so I'm taking my time doing some slow filing and organizing my desk drawers (and surfing the net) Somebody yesterday said something about Joe Millionaire and I just had to say - what do you think was really going on in those bushes? It was probably the funniest subtitles I have ever seen. And hottub scenes are always fun!
Angie - Evil x-ray techs - I probably would have lied to not have to make the trip again.
Lori - you can do it - I send you motivations!!!!!
Hi Sam, Jen and Rina - Gotta go break now but I'm going to copy down all the book ideas cause I'll need stuff to read after I finish my course in March.
KT
Old 01-28-2003, 01:07 PM   #13  
Cockeyed Optimist

Wow! This place is hopping today! I'm afraid that I'm in a bit of a hurry so if I don't respond individually, please don't be offended.

First, the whole MIL thing freaks me out! My grandmother always insists on doing that sort of thing when she visits. I've circumvented things like undie folding by giving her a "To Do" list. I don't want my grandma to work when she visits me but she doesn't feel good about a visit unless she's "helped" me with something. So now I just give her a little list of easy things like, please iron these 3 shirts or sweep the kitchen floor or would you please make my favorite salad for dinner tonight. Would leaving a "To Do" list for MIL be an option to keep her from the undie folding?

O.K. books....you guys should not get me started. I'm a serious reader - as in 5 or 6 books a week. I prefer fiction but also read about 1 nonfiction every two weeks so I don't turn into a raving idiot. If you like James Patterson try John Sandford - Lucas Davenport is even smarter than Alex Cross. If you like Janet Evanovich, try Sue Grafton - the humor is a lot more subtle but still funny.

Lori - don't even try to get back OP. Crazy advice huh? Seriously - try doing 1 thing for the next 3 or 4 days. Like drinking your water. Then add in another thing like journaling.....even WW encourages you not to add too many new behaviours all at once.

Life has been a little hectic and crazy so I haven't been working out very much. However, the gym in my building at work is now offering circuit training 4 times a week in addition to yoga 3 times. Due to my work schedule I'm only going to be able to due circuit training once or twice a week but I'm looking forward to it. I have my first class tomorrow and a girlfriend from work is going with me.

Jess - what is the deal with you and Aarron? I thought you had ended things? Spill girl.

Anyone know where Jayne or Lisa are?
Closed Thread