3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   #260 Bale of Turtles Doing Fine! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/239692-260-bale-turtles-doing-fine.html)

Itryharder 08-01-2011 09:25 AM

#260 Bale of Turtles Doing Fine!

:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder 08-01-2011 09:29 AM

Hi Turtles,
I started a new thread, but please check back to #259 because we had some very important posts there.

My weekend was good, although I always wish it would be better. I have today and tomorrow to make things work and hopefully drop a pound. To do that I have to :tread: and I have been fighting that lately. Very foolish because my food has been quite good.

Take care. Glad to hear from Bandit that she's doing better now.
Princess, have a great week!
Terri, how was your 4-day holiday?
Cherry, feeling better?
Life4evr, love to hear from you.

Judy
234.6/198/thinner!

life4evr 08-01-2011 05:09 PM

Hey. Everyone I am still here. Gaining weight. My school suitation did not work out. So I am in limbo as to what to do next. Hope everyone is well.

Itryharder 08-01-2011 10:55 PM

Hi Life4evr, I'm sorry your nursing school didn't work out. I think you would have been a wonderful nurse since you are so kind. You're under a lot of stress, so foods get appealing. I'm sending :goodvibes: that a job you'd like to do opens up for you. Sending you my best. :love: Keep on posting and let us know how you're doing.
Judy
234.6/198/180's and thinner :cool:

terrod99 08-02-2011 07:16 AM

Hey all !!! Great weekend went to the inlaws cottage, haven't spent any time with them for a while so it was overdue.

Bandit so glad to hear from you!!!! Glad you are on the mend and glad you have lost!

Life is there no way you can redo or something with school? Please don't give up it is hard but you can do it. Keep checking in and letting us know how you are doing.

Judy I am fighting the exercise battle too, must get back to the Y!!

Princess you always keep at it! Give us some words of wisdom!!!! How do you make yourself go to aquafit when there are so many other tempting summer things going on????

Cherry hope your throat is better.

Tuesday!!! 4 days until my first week of vacation the count down is on!!!

Terri

Princess1122 08-02-2011 07:48 AM

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! Another extremely hot day here, record setting from what I understand. DS came over last evening and helped me to get some clean out and repair of the gutters system on the house and helped me to drag a bunch of construction mess to the road for trash pick-up so am glad to get that done and over with. Hoping for a rain storm or two to come thru, the yard is looking very brown again.

Met the A/C repair man at my house yesterday afternoon, it was just not keeping up with the heat and was always warm in the house and even though we are extremely hot right now it just seemed that the A/C was not working like it should so we called the company that we have a service contract with and they came out to have a look... ugh, the coil is bad and that is like one of the most expensive parts - 942.00 to be exact because we have a Trane system and they are a higher end and therefore more expensive for part, etc. Oh well, at least we know now and they are ordering the part and should have it in and replaced this week.

Terri: I guilt myself into doing things... LOL - I had lost a lot of weight and then I hurt my neck and a few other things happened and I gained it all back so am just trying to lose some and if I don't exercise I don't lose... soooo it is either out to walk at the park or off to the gym and it is just too stinking hot right now to walk outside - so I pick the easier of the options LOL. Have a great vacation! My contract ends here at the end of September and while I sure will miss the paycheck I need some time off pretty badly so will welcome a few weeks of a break between jobs.

Bandit: Hope you are feeling better!

Judy: How are you doing? Everything back to normal after the party and all?

Life: Ugh, I feel for you about the school and the gain... none of it is fun, my best advice is to keep trying and don't give up no matter what... the old saying "Where there is a will there is a way" is so true... I wish you the very best!

Cherry: How is your week going so far?

Itryharder 08-02-2011 12:03 PM

Hi Guys, I am hopeful for this WI tomorrow morning. My weight is down nicely on my home scale. This has been a good week, food wise, so I hope it is a real loss, not connected to my hives. We'll see tomorrow. I'm back to normal after the party. We had fun. Yesterday I mowed the lawn and ended up sweating so much that I didn't get my inside housework done. I'll catch up on that today. Have a few errands to run.

Princess, I hear you about the exercise. even though I only burn 200 calories/half hour on the :tread: over the course of the week it equals 1/2# down for me. Not much, but when I don't do it, I've got to eat 200less calories per day on top of the other deductions I've made to lose weight. I'm sure lack of exercise has been not smart for me-----

Terri, I hear you!!!!! I'm trying different things to do in house since it is much too hot to walk on the boardwalk (which I really like) and movement works pretty much no matter what it is.

Cherry, :goodvibes: on feeling well and continuing to lose weight!
Bandit, hope you're feeling topnotch by today! :balloons:
Life4evr, I know it's hard to hear, but my Grandma always said, "When a door closes, a window opens." That's where you are right now. I'm sending a :grouphug: because we are all pulling for you to stop a weight gain(we;ve all been there, ugh) and to find a career that you'll enjoy.

Gotta run and get cracking here! You all have a great day.

Judy
234.6/198/180's and lower

Itryharder 08-03-2011 12:45 PM

Hi Turtles,
I'm back from my WI. Although it wasn't the 3# I had lost on Tuesday (connected to hives after all, I guess) I was down a clean pound and I'll take it. I'm going in the right direction and that means a lot to me.
I didn't get to housework yesterday either. lol. We had so many errands to run. But I've got a good start on it today and I'm going to finish up now. Relaxing afternoon because my dh went to join his sil, grandson, and nephews and nieces to launch hobby rockets. Sounds like fun, but I think they'll be back here for a BBQ, so I'll bake an angelfood/pineapple cake and get the house ready. Then I'll read or just relax.
One thing I did this week that made me more successful was when I got hungry, I peeled a huge carrot and two celery stalks-----not exciting, but there's a reason why they were always suggested on "diets". I also set a time when my next meal would be and I kept to that.

Good luck everyone! You are all the best and I'm so glad I "know" you on the internet. :bravo:
Judy
234.6/197/180's and thinner by 9/1/11

Princess1122 08-03-2011 02:12 PM

Hi all, I am running late today, been a very busy day! Just got back to my desk for a minute and wanted to see what has been going on. Food has been a bit rough for me this week... I feel hungry all the time, need to work on that LOL! Took the dogs to the park last night so I got in a small walk, it was very hot but the wind was blowing so it was not too bad. We had a storm blow through last night with rain... yah! Needed that!

I have to run but a huge congrats to Judy! You did awesome on your W/I today!

terrod99 08-04-2011 07:11 AM

Hey All

Good week here so far, ate well, no too much, need more water, so busy at work don't have time to think. Rained all day (which we needed) so it was a good day to be at work. 2 days and then I have a week vacation, DS goes away to camp for a week, DH will be working, so some me time!!!! Time to get back to exercising. And just get back on track.

Glad you are all doing well, lets keep at it!!!

Terri

Princess1122 08-04-2011 08:15 AM

Good morning all and happy Thursday! Another hot one here but they are calling for some rain this weekend so that will help. It has been a busy week so far and will continue that way for the rest of it... heading down to help DS and DIL with the baby after work today and will be there until they no longer need me which should be by tomorrow evening I would imagine. DIL is having her wisdom teeth taken out so she will be down for a little bit but I would imagine if all goes well I will be heading home later on tomorrow.

The scale is up for me again right now... food is the issue and I need to get a grip on it quickly. I am glad that I am not going to W/I tonight :(

Terri: Best wishs for a wonderful and relaxing vacation time!

Bandit: I hope that you are still doing well, there is a huge outbreak here in the states of Salminella (sp?) - When I heard of it I thought of you right away... take care and let us know how you are doing when you can.

Judy: How is your week progressing? Any plans for the weekend?

Life: Hope you are doing ok!

Cherry: What is new with you?

Itryharder 08-04-2011 09:40 AM

Good morning Turtles,
Terri, :bravo: and :balloons: for doing so well this week! Have a great vacation. Doesn't it feel good to get back on track?

Princess, have fun with your grandbaby. I know you'll get your food back on track. We always feel stronger and better when we can pull it off.

Yesterday took many different turns for me, but it turned out okay. I didn't go over my points plus-----although I stretched them to the limit.
Hey, here's a tip that I may have said before, but here it is.

I plan my meals and count out the points plus for the day in the morning of that day.
As the day progresses, I cross out the foods I eat and circle the points plus I've used. It's another way of tracking-----not quite so demanding or boring as the other way. Now I know I don't go to work, so that makes a big difference, but I thought I'd pass on the idea just in case someone can make use of a bit of it.

We're doing great! Drinking water!!!! :carrot: I've rediscovered carrots and celery as a snack-----who knew they could be delicious after not eating them for months? lol

Bandit, are you catching up?

Life4evr, sending :goodvibes:

Cherry, feel better soon.

Gotta run. Take care. Be well and happy.
Love,
Judy

CherryAutumn 08-04-2011 12:28 PM

I thought I had posted here yesterday but I guess at the age of 28 my mind is going. Weigh in wasnt great but it was something. I was down -0.8. I got disappointed and ended the day by eating way off plan but I am back on and going for 100% today. Now to thinking of the positive progress I have made. In one month I have lost 10 pounds and 3 inches total on my body. Here is to hoping for another good month.

Hello : Bandit, Terri, life4evr, Judy, and Princess. Sorry if i forgot anyone. I am very proud of all of you. Keep on Keepin' on.

Itryharder 08-04-2011 04:58 PM

Cherry, you lost almost a pound!!!!! :goodscale: weigh to go. And yes, I get your disappointment, but if you keep right on your program you'll get to your goal. You're doing it~ often when we're sick, we gain or lose disproportionately to the amount of eating we've done. At least that's the way it seems to me. Really sick----no food to speak of-----and I don't lose an ounce. Other times, sick---looking for comfort foods===weight doesn't go up. Go figure.

All I know is let's all keep on doing our best and keeping positive and we'll be happy with what we've accomplished over the summer. Attendance is way down at my WW mtg. Vacations, summer doldrums, who knows what/
But the turtles are keepin' on and that's what makes us successful.
Judy
234.6/197/180's and thinner :cool:

life4evr 08-05-2011 01:02 AM

Thanks everyone. Well it was my second time in. I am probably just going to go the LPN route. Work for a little bit then go back and get my RN. I am on vacation from everyething this week. Seeing my bro and his family. When I get back I will get back on track. But considering I have been running around with my 2 yr old niece I might survive witout too much damage. Not to metnion they have a lovely two story house wtih stairs. Yeap wonderful way to realize you are getting out of shape till you are walking through and airport and walking up and down stairs.

As for school I am at okay place with that right now. I just really need some time to breathe. I know i can do the work but my heart wasnt really in it this summer and it showed.

Everyone have a good weekend.