Old 07-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #259 Bale of Turtles Taking It Day By Day!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspriation, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skill and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:19 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Here's : for the weekend fast approaching!
Hey Pat, how are you doing? Chime in when you can.
Have a great day, everyone!!!!!
Judy
234.6/?/180's and thinner by end of summer
Old 07-14-2011, 12:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

CHerry - congrats on such a fabulous loss!

Princess - good luck tonight at your weigh in (sending you skinny vibes)

Judy - nice for your relatives to be coming and you all enjoy the pool.
As you said, the warm weather goes quick so we all have to make the most of it when we can.

I have my weigh in tonight as well, and hoping for some good results since I
have really towed the line this week.

All - have a good week!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #4  
Chick

Bandit, good luck on your WI!!!!!!
judy
Old 07-15-2011, 07:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All TGIF

No big plans for the weekend, BBQ at Mom's Sunday for Son and Nephews Birthdays, is suppose to be very hot this weekend. Need some rest feeling very tired this week. Like a big slug!

Bandit hope the weight in went well!!!!

Cherry you must be feeling good, great 1st week loss, what program are you following?

Judy have a great wekend with your family.

Princess hope all is well with you!

Everyone have a great Weekend, keep at it, and take it day by day!!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, ladies

Terri - yes, it is great weather up here - my grass is suffering, but as soon as
we get some rain it will spruce up.

Judy - hope you are keeping "cool by the pool" lucky you to have your own.

Princess - how was your weigh in?

I was down 2# last night so was happy with that so my new plan of action
was good (OP during the week with my extras on the weekend & not stressing over that)

Have 2 get togethers over the weekend, so will have to make some smarter
choices at those but have some leaway built in already.

Have a great weekend, enjoy the hot weather while you can and lets all
drink lots of extra water this week.

Stay cool!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all! I agree with Terri... TGIF! Supposed to still be cooler today, only in the 80's but the heat is coming back and this weekend it will be super hot - got my yard work done last night, did a quick clean up on the house and got to my meeting and W/I on time... I was down 4.4 lbs - I was thrilled with that but keeping everything in perspective it is really only what I had packed on two weeks ago at W/I and it took me the last two weeks to get it off but at least I did that. Feeling ok these days, still getting the headaches with my TOM which is difficult since I have it all the stinking time but hopefully that will slow down as the weight goes away.

I am leaving work early today, I have to go and apply for the permits to get the deck started so that will take at least half a day but I worked over in anticipation so I am out of here at noon today... yah! (Even if it is to go and stand in line at the Dept of Code Enforcement - LOL)

We have some things going on this weekend but nothing major - we are joining DH coworkers tomorrow night for dinner out and I am watching the grandbaby on Sunday so that would be a good crockpot meal day - otherwise it is just going to be getting in some exercise when I can and watch what I eat... Do my best...

Bandit: Thanks for the skinny vibes... they helped! Congrats on your loss! That is fabulous! I like your plan, it just makes sense and I am in the same frame of mind.

Judy: Totally understand that you and your DH are not going to do anything else for home improvements this summer, sounds like you guys have had enough already! How are you doing otherwise? Does walking help manage your stress better?

Terri: have a great time at the B-Day party. I hope that you are able to get some rest... I know how you feel, I need to make it a point to get to bed earlier on a regular basis. I have been trying to but never seem to manage it... LOL.

Cherry: How are you doing so far this week?

Pat: How are you doing?

Life: Hope you are ok!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hi. Everyone sop I have consistently gained a pound a week a for about the last three weeks. I can admit I did fall into my old eating habits, stuff is kicking my butt. So right now I am just kind ofhanging out not really doing much of anything.

Hope yall are doing well. Everyone have a good weekend.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:43 PM   #9  

Life4evr- Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. Hang in there. We are all rooting (sp?) for you.

Princess- Way to go on the 4.4 pounds. That is great.

Bandit- Great Job losing 2 pounds this week. Looks like we are seeing lots of good losses. Do your best at those get togethers.

Terri- I havent really said what program I am following because i feel a little uncomfortable posting it on here and I dont know i am feeling a little embarrased.

Judy- Sounds like you have had a busy summer so far. How are things going for you?

So far I am on Day 10 and besides one planned OFF meal I have stuck to it and am losing weight. I only hope it will keep coming off for awhile because i need a good start. Just having that good first week has lifted my spirits and I am already feeling better about myself. Next weeks weigh-in will be right in the middle of TOM so we shall see how that effects my loss. Keep drinking that water in this heat.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #10  
Chick

Wow! the Turtles are rocking. Weigh to go!

Bandit, your 5-2 plan really worked this week. And you've got your head in the right place for this weekend. :
2#down is fantastic!

Princess,
4.4# down! You did it! You got rid of that crummy weight that was bogging you down. Keep up the good work! Yay.
have fun with dinner out and with your grandbaby. What a wonderful stage in your life. I love my crockpot and made chicken cacciatore in it-----had enough to last many days---froze some, ate some. That works for me.

Life4evr, it's okay-----you can do this . Those pounds will come off. One day at a time. I'm sending you : and am so glad you chimed in.

Cherry, wow! Another great loss. Keep up the good work. Good to hear you being optimistic and happy. :

Terri, enjoy the weekend! Get some rest. I know how that goes and we all need extra rest in the summer because of the heat and humidity.

As for me, I'm done with home repairs for the summer! Amen and lol. It is so weird----cross your fingers. It may be that the pool guys found the source of the leak in the pool and fixed it. That would be amazing. In the meantime, the roof flashing and the new cement patio look great, so all in all I'm happy. And yes, the does help with stress. I'm swimming and working hard this weekend. People are sleeping late and I can't get to the , but I can swim and have fun in the pool with the kids. I'm also doing yeoman duty in the kitchen. Made a WW friendly meal last night and no one was the wiser. Marinated steak, oven fries, baked beans, Italian bread, and tossed salad. I had a variety of desserts, but I had diet Jell-o with blueberries topped with a bit of Redi whip. I'm hoping to be able to lose a bit of weight this week. If I keep my head about me, I'll be able to do a decent weekend and two great days before WI.

Gotta run-----wishing you all a great weekend. I like the idea of keep drinking water. It all helps!
Judy
234.6/?/180's by end of summer
Old 07-17-2011, 07:37 AM   #11  

Good morning all and happy Sunday to everyone! Hot weather here but the weekend has been nice so far. Made it to Cycle class yesterday and walked around the farmers market with DIL and G-Baby then went to a knitting class and home to get ready to go out to eat with DH and his co-workers. I made the very best choices that I could last night and it was a very expensive resturant that we went to. I was dissappointed with my meal though, I ordered Mahi Mahi and it came crusted in something and a heavy sauce was on it... I ate because to be honest we were not picking up the check and I felt like to not eat it would be insulting. Oh well, the rest of the day was pretty good for food so I will just drink extra water and make sure I watch what I eat today. Funny how a hugely expensive place like that does not offer just a nice piece of grilled fish.... everyone else got huge steaks but that was just too many points for me.

Grandbaby will be here soon so I need to get my butt in gear.

Judy: Keeping my fingers crossed that all of your repairs hold! Swimming sounds fabulous in this hot weather.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:10 AM   #12  

Good morning everyone and happy Sizzling Monday to you all! I had a wonderful time with the grandson yesterday, he is just so cute and such a good baby. His mommy is really doing a great job with him and it shows! They came to pick him up at about 3:30 so I just kind of rested for the rest of the afternoon - not long after they left I got a terrible headache that would not let up so I was in bed by 7:00 and asleep by 8:00 which was good because I needed the rest.

Bandit: How was your weekend?

Judy: How did everything go with all of the family in for the weekend?

Cherry: I understand but don't be embarrased around us... most of us have been on every diet in the book LOL - good luck to you which ever plan you are following!

Terri: How did your weekend go?

Life: Totally understand where you are at right now, been there a few times myself. We are here for you!
Old 07-19-2011, 07:03 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All It is Sizzling here too!

Not much happening here, good weekend at home with the whole family, but eating too much, the wrong things, not moving, or doing anything that I should be doing! You guys are all doing so great! I always lose my momentum in the summer, I find it so hard to stick with anything during the summer months..........

Okay must get back to the Y That is my first and only shortterm goal! Not going to commit to a whole bunch of things and then fail. Not sure if having a exercise buddy works or not, there are a couple of gals at work that want to do some form of exercise, one has a Y membership. So I'll see.

Princess this weather a lot of people get migraines/headaches hope you are better.
Judy/Bandit/Cherry sounds like you guys are on a good path keep at it what you guys are doing is working!!!!
Life we'll get back on the wagon keep posting and soon something will click!! Together we will do this!

Not sure if it is officially a "heat wave" here but I am sure by the end of the week it will be so keep cool gals and keep at it!!! We are going to succeed.

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:37 AM   #14  
Chick

Good morning Turtles,
Princess, how weird the expensive restaurant didn't have better food choices. I guess they equate "good food" with high calories. Ugh. On a better note, so glad the baby was good for you and you had a great time.
Keep up your good food choices. We can do this!

Cherry, I wasn't going to say anything, but I am thrilled that you've lost so much weight. Princess is right. Please don't be embarassed. You name a diet program and I've been on it! You go girl!!!! : Keep up the good work.

Terri, sound like you've got the summer blahs. Easy to do!!!! Here's good vibes : that you'll do what you want to do WW style today. Then tomorrow you can do it again. Sending So many girls in my WW group find summer harder than Christmas and the holidays.

We had a great weekend. The kids are that much bigger. They got a chance to get together with their cousin and they really like each other. Yay.
Food was good, but once they left I resorted to old habits of eating mindlessly. Ugh----in the past the visits haven't always been that easy for me emotionally and I've eaten to stuff down those feelings. This time around was a nice visit-----I had few fattening foods here----and craved something once they left. Weird. I"m still working on it, but yesterday was a wonderful day and today will be too. I promise myself!
Judy
234.6/?/180's by end of summer
Old 07-19-2011, 08:35 AM   #15  

Good morning everyone and a very happy Tuesday to you all! Still struggling with the headaches - will just keep chugging along - that doctor had given me estrogen tab's to take for when the headaches come around my TOM to see if that would help... I totally forgot about them and now my TOM is over (at least for now) so I am not sure they would help...

The materials for our deck will be delivered today so the work will offically start. The tree company comes tomorrow to bring down the very large oak tree that needs to be taken down... the company that is doing that had to borrow a larger crane truck from another company - that should tell you how big this flippen tree is! I have my fingers crossed that this all goes off without a hitch - with my contract ending soon we can not afford hitches right now. We are super excited about the deck though and look forward to having some people over to cookout and celebrate it when it is all done.

Terri: I totally understand where you are right now... I get that way sometimes in the summer but tend to suffer more from it in the winter. Keep at it and you will be fine and at the very least just not gain during this time.

Cherry: How are you doing this week?

Judy: Totally understand! I did the same thing Sunday after the baby went home... it was a great day, I don't know what I was stressing over but I was over something and so I decided to just go to bed early before I did total damage like I normally would.

Bandit: How are you doing? Are you still hanging up at your trailer thru the week? I sure would if I were you... LOL - I would give a lot to have a place by the water right now!

Life: How is your week going so far?

I have to run... drink a ton of water during these hots spells ladies and maybe that will help us to feel better and fuller!

Last edited by Princess1122; 07-19-2011 at 08:46 AM.