3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers > WW Clubs and Groups

#259 Bale of Turtles Taking It Day By Day!

Old 07-19-2011, 11:48 AM   #16

I guess I was embarrased that I wasnt able to stick with WW and I didnt want to leave this group because i feel like I know you ladies and you have all been great friends with wonderful encouragement.

I am on NutriSystem right now. The schedule and the low glycemic Index foods seem to work for me right now. Tomorrow is my 2 week weigh-in but because it is that TOM I dont think I am going to lose much.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #17

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Cherry: No worries at all and we may be logged under the WW thread here on 3FC but there are a lot of us that have tried other things over the years that we have all been coming here, don't worry about it, this is a support forum and not really based on your method of weight loss. I was on Nutri System years ago and it does work so good luck with it! Good luck at your W/I!

Impossible is nothing!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:30 PM   #18
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Cherry, I was successful on NutriSystem too. You're doing great. Like Princess said, we're under the WW title but some of us do TOPS. Never leave us because we know you and love to hear from you. You've been in this group a nice long time and you're doing great! You give us support and we like to return the favor. I'm going to WW mtgs. and have friends there so I won't give that up. But about a month ago I went to Jenny Craig to get info and sign up. The only reason I didn't was at my age and meds I needed my doctor's approval and his office said it's their policy to not sign off on programs. So, I would have had to find another doctor, etc. etc. and decided to stick it out with WW and get tough with myself. Did well for two weeks and then started slipping and sliding again. Long story short----glad for you and your good experience. You're doing fine!

Princess, good luck with the tree removal. I can't imagine how huge it must be. You'll love your new deck. We don't have one, but I think it would be like adding a room for entertaining all through the spring thru fall. Yay. A nice BBQ would really be fun. Good luck with it all------and say no to any hitches!

I'll WI tomorrow and am hoping to drop a tiny bit. (Well, I'd like to drop 30#, but that's unreasonable.)
Grandson was here today and we had fun. He was worn out by the end of the day and fell asleep in the car. So cute. Food was good for me today and I avoided falling into the trap of eating what I made for him. Yay.

Bandit, how's everything?

Terri, how are you?

Life4evr, sending good wishes. How are you?

Here's : to us all and a We are doing this! Onward and downward. I am determined to be in the 180's by 9/1. We can do this.
Judy
234.6/?/180's and
Old 07-19-2011, 11:43 PM   #19

S/C/G: 279/270/180

I am still sane. The real test well be Thursday when I take my test in nursing school. It could make or break me so fingers crossed. I tracked my eating today. First time i have done it in awhile.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:07 AM   #20

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All Happy Hump Day!!!

Cherry you do whatever works for you! If you lose weight it is all good!!!

Life remember the college is there to help you succeed, they don't want you to fail, the tests are the easy part, you have done the hard work that leads to the test. You will be fine and will pass no problem. After you will wonder why you were so nervous. At the end of it all you will have great job in a wonderful profession, I went to nursing school when I was 32, and I am thankful everyday that I did! Losing weight is harder!!!! But if we can become nurses we can lose weight too!!!! Good luck and don't stress!

All- Hot here just going to work and home, Thursday the base temp before the humidex is going to be 37 celsius not sure what that is in fairenheight but pretty darn hot!!!!!

Stay cool gals,

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:12 AM   #21

Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all... super hot here - I was out back last night helping to move things around and we had to take down some of our chain link fence so that the tree people have easy access to the tree and to remove the pieces as it comes down. DH will be home today just to have someone at the house.

The deck is underway, thinking this is a bigger job than expected but we will keep at it... the back steps and sidewalk have been jackhammered away so we have no choice at this point except to keep moving forward... LOL. Ugh!

I have all day meetings today so I need to get moving but will try and pop on later to see what is happening with everyone...

Best of luck to Judy for an awesome W/I today and anyone else that has a W/I today also!

Princess

Impossible is nothing!
Old 07-20-2011, 10:17 AM   #22
Chick

Good Morning Turtles,
Life4evr, : on your test!!!

Terri, yes, I think we're getting the weather you've been having. Thank goodness for AC.

Good luck to you Princess with your new deck. It'll be worth it when it's done!

I'm off to WI. My hives are worse than ever. Don't know what's going on with that. A couple of days ago they were so good I thought they might be ending. Hope this doesn't throw off my WI.

Okay----everybody have a great day. Eat well and drink your water.
Judy
234.6/?/180's by 9/1
Old 07-20-2011, 01:22 PM   #23
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I was up .6# at my WI. Actually that isn't terrible since I skipped WI last week. The bad news is that I weighed 10# less at Christmas. This half of the year I've been going backward. I've had two good days this week and plan on keeping that up!

Good luck to us all. I've got to apply all the good tips I've been reading about here and make this happen.
Judy
234.6/198.8/180's by 9/1
Old 07-21-2011, 09:52 AM   #24

Good morning all and happy Thursday! It was over a 100 degrees here yesterday, more of the same today and a heat index of over 120 degrees - they have warnings all over the place, we went from feast to famine here for rain in a matter of a couple of weeks. Hoping something gives soon, we are blessed and have AC in our cars and our home and work but many don't and we have had a few deaths here so far even with the city opening shelters, etc for people and pets. Strange days indeed!

Judy: 2 good days will turn into 7 and before you know it you will be back on track! Keep at it... I have faith in you! Dont put too much pressure on yourself, that may be what is making your hives worse and the rest will fall into place... never fear!

I have W/I tonight, the scale is up but I expected that, we have lots of stuff going on at the house and I have had all days meetings this week and I can not drink my normal amount of water on those days because I would have to leave the meeting too often for potty breaks LOL so I am sure I am holding fluids right now. Not stressing and just doing the best I can!

Have a great day all!

Impossible is nothing!
Old 07-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #25
Chick

Princess, good to hear from you. I love your positive messages!
Yesterday was good even though I had pizza for dinner. Today will be great. I took a few minutes, went to WW online and recorded all my weight losses and gains to see what my pattern has been and how I can improve my weight loss now.
: and to us all!
Judy
235.6/198.8/180's and thinner
Old 07-22-2011, 07:53 AM   #26

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hot ! Hot! Hot!

Yesterday was the hottest day I can remember. Even though I was in air con all day felt ill, maybe it was a coincidence. Today I feel better. Going up to the lake hope it is cooler there! Maybe should stay home in the air con!!!

Hope everyone is staying cool, and on plan,

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:24 AM   #27

Good morning everyone and happy super hot Friday to you all! Ugh, crazy hot! What a week to pick to have trees removed and decks added... lol, what were we thinking!?!?!?! Oh well, it will be worth it in the end and we will just keep chugging thru! Our AC is really struggling to keep up, it is not that old either, had a brand new unit put in a few years back it is just working it's little heart out day and night and the house is still warm - but it is cooler than outside!

DH is not feeling well either Terri, he does not do hot weather well at all and is really feeling poorly thru all of this. I hope you continue to feel better!

Since we have our chain link fence down right now for the tree and deck I have been walking the dogs over at the park... was doing that last evening before I headed to my TOPS meeting and there was a couple that was broken down a block or so from our house... I walked the dogs and on my way back they were still broken down so I took the dogs home, grabbed a couple bottled waters and headed back to them... thought the lady was going to cry she was so grateful. I told them that while I could not help with a broken down vehicle I could sure bring them a cold drink while they waited for help or a tow truck to arrive. Felt bad that I could not do more but did what I could and they said that someone was coming to help so at least they were not stuck for too long.

W/I was as I thought last night, I was up 1.6 - I have been in all day meetings for most of the week so that means no endless drinking of water since I can not take a million potty breaks - that mixed with the heat and different kind of eating while things are so torn up at the house had me gaining... no excuses just what I was dealing with and areas for improvement for me moving forward.

I sure hope that everyone is doing ok, staying hydrated and as cool as possible. Take care of yourselves!
Princess

Impossible is nothing!

Last edited by Princess1122 : 07-22-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:29 AM   #28
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Terri, enjoy the time at the lake! Yes, we are feeling so much heat that it makes me nauseous too. I am so grateful for A/C.

Yesterday was a good day for me. Dh and I took care of things around the house. I finished remaking all the beds from last weekend. Got a chance to relax and then went to see Spamalot at our local playhouse. I never stopped laughing. The actors were terrific===all could sing and carry the stage. REally fun. Then my dh was starving after the show so we stopped at a diner. I had planned for this and had an English Muffin and a cup of decaf coffee. Delicious. Did I want more food? Yes. Was I hungry enough to eat more? Yes. But I had had a good day but many of my points plus were gone and I didn't want to ruin the day with a heavy snack. (Even two eggs, and whole wheat toast comes to 8-10points plus---even without the potatoes which is the part I love the most.) So, a non-scale pat on the back for me! Now I'm heading out to have breakfast with my friend. I have to figure out what's best-----probably an eggwhite omelet and one piece of toast.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Judy
234.6/198.8/180's and thinner
Old 07-22-2011, 09:32 AM   #29
Chick

Hi Princess, you and I posted at the same time. Up at the scale with all you're doing and the heat/humidity is okay. You'll get that off this week. Youwere a guardian angel to that couple. Good for you for reaching out and helping them.

everyone-----have a great day!
Judy
Old 07-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #30

This heat is going to kill me. I have such a hard time breathing when it is over 100 degrees. It almost makes me sick and I am almost always in the house with the air conditioner. I am trying to get my water in but I just feel so drained i dont feel like doing anything.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.