3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers > WW Clubs and Groups

#258 Bale of Turtles Doing Great!!!!

Old 07-08-2011, 09:06 AM   #31
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Yes! The one time in life when it's great to be a "loser" is at the scale. Great idea, Bandit.

Yesterday was another very good day for eating. I stayed OP and that makes me feel good. My dh and I had a very good day together. We both had projects that we had decided to get to and spent a compatible day together/in the same house LOL/getting our individual things done. (I sewed pockets on 8 Christmas aprons I had made earlier in the winter. I'll have these ready to give to my kids and grandkids for this Christmas) Believe it or not, it took me almost three hours to get the project done from start to finish. Well, at the end of a very satisfactory day he and I both had an urge to order pizza from our local pizzeria. We thought about it, and then decided to eat something more figure friendly. I had Shiritaki noodles with spaghetti sauce and a piece of grilled chicken on top. Not exactly as yummy as pizza, but it was good and I got full. I'm also giving myself the space to have a T. peanut butter every day. As long as I count it in, it should work.

Oh, too much about me.
Princess, hope the tests were revealing and you hear from your doctor soon.:
Bandit, have a great weekend at the lake\
Terri, will you be at the lake too?
Life4evr, I see 16# down and less than 100# to go on your tracker. You've done great so far. The next pounds will go too. :
Cherry, wishing you luck with your new eating plan
Pat, how are things going? Love your enthusiasm.

Gotta run and get some things done. We'll have grandson with us today and he's a lot of fun.
Judy
234.6/198.2/180's and thinner by 9/1/11
Old 07-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #32

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good Afternoon Everyone.

Another pretty day here! I did not go to my meeting or W/I last night even though I think I am down a bit... I was at the doctors office for over three hours for the ultra sound (which showed nothing) then my visit with the doctor, she did a biopsy and then sent me for a bunch of blood work - she thinks a very low dose birthcontrol pill might do me some good but we are going to wait until the test results come back - I don't really like the other options, this one I am not crazy about but it is the least invasive so will try it first and the hormones in the pill may help with other things... will have to see.

Any way, I was wiped out till I got home - sore, tired, and very crampy - so I did a few things and had a sandwich for super and went to bed early.

I have to run but will check back in later on.

Congrats to Judy on getting her project done, I know you have been wanting to do that one for a while now!

Congrats to Bandit on her Turtle!

Congrats to everyone - we made it to another weekend Have a great one all!

Impossible is nothing!

Last edited by Princess1122 : 07-08-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #33
Chick

Princess, so glad you got the tests done. Good luck with the medication,etc. It should make you feel much better.

Yes, it feels good to have that project done. My next project is to take the book I wrote two Novembers ago, read through it, and see if I can make it make sense. If I can, my kids all want to read it, so I'll show it to them then. My dh read it as I wrote it and was a lot of help. So funny----I never expected to be able to write a book and by using NaNoWriMo and its daily reminders through November, I actually did it. It's amazing what you can do once you put your mind to it. I have made losing weight my top priority and I'm doing the best I can!
Love to all,
Have a great weekend!
Judy
Old 07-09-2011, 07:57 AM   #34

Good morning all and happy Saturday to you all... we are having beautiful day here! Getting ready to head out to meet my DIL for a cycling class but wanted to pop in and see how everyone is doing.

When I got home from work yesterday there was a message from the doctors office, my test results were back, everything was in range and considered normal... and I am not in Menopause... What the heck?!??!?! I just don't understand... if I am getting my period every two weeks, getting headaches, extremely tired, etc etc etc but everything is normal and i am fine... which I am grateful for, don't get me wrong but for my body to be so off kilter it just does not seem right...

Soooo, this is my plan... get moving (it sure can't hurt) get this weight off (needs to be done anyway) really watch what I am eating (eat for my overall health and not just low points) and see if I can not get to feeling better by myself... Don't know what else to do but it seems like none of it can hurt at this point but doing nothing and staying the same is not working for me...

Judy: That is so awesome that you wrote a book! How very cool! I'll bet it is fabulous!

Did an unofficial W/I this morning and the scale is down... that is a wonderful thing!

Have to run!

Impossible is nothing!
Old 07-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #35
Chick

Hi Turtles and a very good day to you all! :

Princess, weigh to go : on your weight loss. Keep up the good work! Your results from the doctor's tests are puzzling. I, too, am thrilled that you are fine! Now why are you doing such wacky things? Your plan of action is good because weighing less in itself can help to lighten your TOM. That would be welcome relief. You've got us all pulling for you! I am very glad you got to the doctor and you're fine. Did she/he give you any suggestions on how to get through your symptoms? Here's to a great spin class. I bet you're so happy to have a dil nearby. Yay!

Have fun at the lake----my happy Canadians
Everybody in the south USA, get that A/C cranking! Like you need to be told.
Let's all have a lovely weekend.
Best of luck and happiness to us all.
Judy
It looks like I have lost a pound. I wanted it to be more, but I've got a lot of the week to get through yet and 1 pound/week =10# down by the end of the summer.

Last edited by Itryharder : 07-09-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:44 AM   #36

Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all! Another beautiful and hot day here but the sun is shining and I am not complaining! Lots of errands and stuff to get done today so will get moving and I think I will head to the gym for a swim this morning... feeling very pinchy in my back and neck again so I think a few laps will help to loosen me up and get some exercise in also...

DH and I went to a local baseball game last night... I found a stand that veggie kabob's so I had one of those and and some peanuts with a diet pepsi so all in all I think I did really well.

Judy: Great job on the check in on the scale! If you keep at it you should do well come Wednesday! Totally agree with you about the doctors visit outcome... totally baffled and again a bit mad at myself since the hospital bills will come no matter what they find out on the tests LOL, but it was worth it just to know that nothing major is wrong and I agree with you 100 % - obviously there is nothing wrong with me that losing weight and getting my butt moving wont fix! She wants to put me on a low dose birth control pill to regulate my period but now I am wondering if I should even do that or just wait and see what the weight loss brings... no sure yet.

All: Have a great weekend and drink lots of water!

Impossible is nothing!

Last edited by Princess1122 : 07-11-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #37
Chick

Hi TUrtles,
Princess, your plan sounds good. I'm wishing you : Smart move to get to loosen up your back and neck.

We'll be swimming here today because it is hot. The kids are coming over and it'll be fun. There will be at least one BBQ, but I have ff hot dogs and very lean burgers in the freezer so I'll be fine. Luckily all my family members are watching what they eat, so no one will be bringing an cake or dessert. We'll do with fresh fruit and watermelon.

Gotta run_have a great day all!
Judy
234.6/198.2/180's and thinner by 9/1/11
Old 07-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #38

Princess and Judy - Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts. Looks like you are both doing great.

Princess- So glad that your test results were ok. I know it can be frustrating when doctors cant find anything.

Well I am on day 5 of my new program. On Wed. i will have my official loss for the week. From sneak peeks i can see that i am losing a lot of water weight. I dont want to lose weight to fast but i think the first few weeks or atleast the first one will be big losses.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #39
Chick

WEigh to go, Cherry!
Judy
Old 07-11-2011, 07:12 AM   #40

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey Turtles another great weekend! Fun, sunshine, swimming and enjoying good company!

Did fairly well food wise!!! Sounds like you all are doing well, lots of positive posts!

Cherry good to hear from you!
Judy we have the AC cranked here too! 36 celcius today with the humidex!
Princess I tried the birth control (several varieties) no sucess, exercise weight loss will probably help great plan.
Life keep at it we can and we will do this together !!!
Bandit hope you had a great weekend at the trailer!
All lets have a good week I am sure with this weather we will sweat a few pounds off!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #41
Chick

Good morning Turtles,
Nice weekend. Food yesterday was good, but at the end of the day went into my weekly points. Scale up a bit this morning, but I can tackle that and still be down a pound by Wednesday.

Terri, glad your weekend was good. 8# down is a nice accomplishment!

Everybody have a good Monday. We'll have workmen here today trying to figure out where the leak is in our pool. Ca-ching, ca-ching! I hope not too expensive.

: and and and to the Turtles!
Judy
234.6/198.2/180's and thinner
Old 07-11-2011, 09:18 AM   #42

Good Morning everyone and Happy Monday to you all! We had a really nice weekend here weather wise... very hot but nice. Today we are in the high 90's so the heat is on! This is good tomato growing weather though so bring it on!

Had a very nice weekend, quiet but nice. The swim and the hot tub really helped my back so I need to keep at that! Food was pretty good but I know I went into my weeklies which is fine, I alway do... LOL.

Judy: Ugh, pools are great until you have trouble with them... LOL - my last house had a very large inground pool and it was wonderful but a ton of work. I hope they find the issue and it does not cost an arm and a leg for you! Keep at it and you will have an awesome w/i this week!

Cherry: Good for you and a huge congrats!

Terri: Yep, I am not thrilled with doing the birthcontrol pill for many reasons, I had chest pains while taking them as a young adult and I have RLS now so am thinking I really do not need to add the pill into that mix. Glad you had a great weekend!

Life: How are you doing?

Bandit: How was your weekend? Anything new with you? How about movies or books - anything new that was good and worth a try?

Have a great day everyone!

Impossible is nothing!
Old 07-11-2011, 11:57 AM   #43

Princess- What is RLS? Sorry maybe that is a stupid question.

Judy- Sounds like everyone has a good attitude about weightloss right now. How are the hives treating you in this heat?

Terri- Nice to hear from you.

I will try to post my first loss on Wednesday. Just keep on keepin' on. I wish i could have gotten my act together on WW but i had to lose some weight for my health. Thanks for all the support ladies.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #44

Cherry:

Not a dumb question at all!

RLS = is Restless Leg Syndrome - which is thought to be a problem with the circulation in the legs (at least that is my understanding but I could be totally wrong here) but since Birthcontrol pills can cause bloodclots I am just thinking that the two together are not a good combination for me. I would be wrong about that but it is just my gut feeling.

Good luck with your new plan - may I ask what plan you picked?

Impossible is nothing!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #45

S/C/G: 220/207.75/160

Height: 5'-3"

Good evening, turtles:

WOW - so many posts to read, which is great.

Princess - I know what you mean about the pill, years ago when I was on it
I had terrible mood swings and decided not to use it and felt much better.
You sound like maybe you are perimenopausal. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Judy - sounds like you are having fun around the pool, too bad about the leak but like everything else there is maintenance. Glad you are back on track.

Terri - sounds like your weekend was great as well. Couldn't ask for better
weather around here. Loving it!

Cherry - good luck with your new plan!

I had a good weekend up at my trailer, weather was fabulous and actually
sat out on deck & enjoyed the weather and got in a few swims.
My dd came up and stayed over Sat night & my ex came up for Sunday afternoon to visit us, so nice weekend.
Didn't do too bad with my food choices but as we all know could have done better but as I said before not going to get all stressed out over my weekend choices but will be extra good during the week. So will see how that plays out - I think it will be good.

All - lets all have a good week at the scales!

Stay cool :-)
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.