Old 06-24-2011, 08:35 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning all and happy Friday! Yah! Rainy here again today, told DH we were going to move to AZ, I need some hot dry weather with lots of sunshine and I need it soon! He just looked at me like I was crazy because that is his nightmare but my paradise! LOL... he likes the cool weather!

Family reunion tomorrow that we need to travel to so will be making a couple of things for that, not totally sure what yet.

Went to my meeting last night and we went out to eat, I ordered the grilled salmon and had salad with it... had a couple of breadsticks but it would be hard to go to the olive garden and not have something that was not really onplan

Today is a new day and I will be doing the very best that I can each and every day, it won't be perfect but it will be my best and that is how I am going to look on it... just putting too much pressure on myself from all directions and something needs to give. I bought a new pocket journal to log my food in and will use it everyday!

The doctor has requested an ultra-sound be done so I am waiting for the gal that schedules those to call me back with my date and time. I took the first step in getting it figured out so am happy about that.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:11 AM   #32  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Terri, hope you had a good time with your friends. sounds fun and relaxing.
You are so smart to consider walking with your pals. It's a way to get in exercise and chat. Nice!

Princess, yes. I think keeping a daily log is a great idea. You did very well eating out. A couple of breadsticks never killed anyone. I like that you're heading yourself in the right direction without being so incredibly strict.
Sometimes "good enough" is what works.

I know I can restrict for only so long and the rebound can be tough. I've got to balance with less restrictions----but enough to lose weight. I'm still figuring this out, as you all can see. Had a lovely time yesterday. Went to see the musical, Legally Blonde, at a local playhouse. Then out to dinner.
Dinner was good, play was great. Time out with hubby----priceless!
Gotta run and get in groceries for the weekend. DS and all the kids/grandkids will be here at various times over the weekend. It should be great. I wish the weather would cooperate, but we'll still have a nice time.
Oh-----and I'm really enjoying the daylillies I've planted over the last few years. Right now the ones blooming are yellow, orange, dusty rosy red----really pretty. I'm so glad I put in the effort and got good results. Sounds like a dieting pitch!
Love to you all,
Judy
234.6/195.8/180's and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:29 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles

Gloomy, muggy here but hoping it will clear later today since I am heading
to my trailer.

Terri - which lake are you on? I am on Scugog near Port Perry. Your gf
plans sounds great and veggie tray is good choice. Have fun!

Princess - glad you are getting ultra-sound (that is how my fibroids were discovered) and that will let you know what is going on. And you are doing great with so much going on - just do what you can, go from there and don't stress about things you can't change at the moment.

Judy - boy, you sound like you are having a great time with your social
outtings and family gatherings. Nice to have family around - I have small
family that has changed so much over the years, that I certainly miss all the hustle & bustle - but I have good circle of friends which I am thankful for.

All- hope the rest of our turtles are having success at the scales.

As for myself - I was up 1# over the last 2 Thurs (missed last week weigh-in
with being at convention) so I must have done some damage since I have been totally OP and getting in some exercise since Monday. So hoping to be
down next week.

Anyway - have a great OP weekend!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:35 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hi. Hope everyone is well. I was down 0.5# when I weighed. I feel so so. Trying to find my motivation again. So my cousin ist trying to loose 10# by September. I told her I would try right alont with her. Other than the the heat kicking my butt here. That's about it.

Hope everyone has a good week.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:53 AM   #35  

Good morning everyone and happy Monday! Eating was not good for me again over the weekend but will try harder and get back at it. No excuses here, it is all about choices and I made some bad ones and did not do my personal best at all.

Rainy again today but he rest of the week it is supposed to be nice and we need to see some sunshine around here soon! I have a busy week ahead but will hop on when I can to see how everyone is doing.

Have a great day all!

Last edited by Princess1122; 06-27-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:50 AM   #36  
Chick

Hi Guys, good to hear from so many of us.
My eating over the weekend wasn't sensible. I haven't hopped on the scale, but my company is going home today and that will help.

Wishing everyone well and aiming for 10# by Sept. I really want to do this.
Judy
Old 06-28-2011, 07:18 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Jumped on the Food Train!!!!! Help get me off here!!!!

Awful choices being made here too!!! Back to work today for 3 days so will be on track until long weekend comes!!!! Trying to think tiny portions! It will make me tiny! So much for my below 190 for the July 1 weekend!!! haven't even been near a scale! Okay today is a new day! Fruit veggies water!

Bandit we are on Cenntenial Lake it is near Bonnecho Provincial Park and not much else!!! It would be nice to have a place close to home like you do!!!

Everyone else hope you guys are well will catch up soon.........

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:59 AM   #38  

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! Wonderful day here and supposed to be nice for the rest of the week, they are calling for really crappy weather to start on Saturday and continue on thru the holiday weekend which is not what I wanted to hear but we will roll with it and be grateful for a few sunny days while we have them.

I have an appointment for next week for my ultrasound and to see the doctor so I sure hope to get some answers here soon.

Food was better yesterday but not wonderful yet by any means... will keep at it!

Terri: Glad to see you back posting again! Having a lake to go to must be wonderful!

Judy: Hope you are doing well!

Bandit: You doing ok?

Life: How is your week going?

Cherry: How are things with you?
Old 06-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #39  
Chick

Hi All Turtles,
Today my head has cleared. Here are some tips from my friend, Grace, who lost 230# over 15 years ago and has kept them off:

Have loads of foods in your fridge that you can eat:
SF Jell-o
fruit, grapes
cooked chicken dishes-----casserole type like Moroccan or Cacciatore
Cooked vegetables
hard boiled eggs

This way, you open your fridge, you're on the right path-----too tired to cook? You've got something ready that you just have to warm up.

Past week was tough-----emotional eating Plus I made yummy food for son. I can do better and I will.

Princess, thanks for your daily messages.
Terri, yeah----it's so easy to go off track. Now I'm working on making going back on track easy.
Life4evr, keep your eye on the prize----working and going to school for nursing will pay off big time -----and you've had a nice weight loss. Let's go for the next five pounds. I'm in!
Bandit, you can do this!!!! I love hearing about your TOPS involvement.
Cherry, keep on keepin' on.

All of us----We can do this! I'm going to end up this summer 10# lighter. I'll feel so much better when I do. I've got my roll above my waist back and I don 't like it!!!!! Ugh.

Love you all. take care and be well and happy. We can do this!
Judy
234.6/????/180's and lighter
Old 06-28-2011, 09:04 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hi. Hope everyone is well. So my eating today has been so so. My breakfast and lunch was good. I haven't really tracked today, but it was a clinical day and my eating are usually good on those days.

My hip is feeling okay. My knee was feeling better, but it started hurting. I am guessing the bending and standing I did at clinicals. It's not too painful. So I am guessing nothing a little motrin won't cure. Trying not to go snack crazy as I study. Other than that today has been good.

Hope everyone has goodnight.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:43 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone - sounds like you are all doing well which is nice to see.

Judy - thanks for you gf tips, simple but right on target. Being prepared is key.

Princess - I am fine, just trying to keep on track and get in some exercise.
I cut my lawn last night which takes 1-1/2 hours and was very hot after that
and have been getting in a 1 mile walk at lunch, which helps. Trimmed the hedge tonight.

Terri - I camped up at Bon Echo years ago, very pretty up there. Glad you are getting back ontrack.

Life - nice job on the loss, all adds up.

Would be nice if we could all stay on track and lose this weight for good.
Honestly, its like having another job trying to stay on top of things.
But when the scale goes down, it is worth it & we all feel better after dropping some weight. So lets do our best and stay focussed.

All - good luck at the scales!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:08 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Happy Wednesday! Busy week continues

Bandit you said it -- it is like having another fulltime job trying to lose weight!!!
That is so true!

Everyone we must just keep at it! everyday is a new day, a fresh start, so don't give up!

must run this week is ++ busy, but then 4 day long weekend!!! Yeah!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:02 AM   #43  

Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! I have all day meetings today and tomorrow... ugh, not looking forward to those at all but at the very least it will keep me from snacking during the day... LOL.

Totally agree with Bandit, this is a full time job that I have been failing at lately really really badly! Today is a new day, I have my food with me and my journal is on my desk, fish is in the fridge at home defrosting for tonights supper and salad fixings are in the fridge waiting... It is a beautiful day here today, can not ask for more really!

We are working on back up plans for this coming holiday weekend since they are calling for rain... thinking crockpot meals and card games along with movie rentals and outside activities when the weather allows it.

Bandit: I did my yard last night, love the exercise that I get from that but my back is sore today which tells me I have been acting like a couch potato again and need to get my butt in gear. I asked DH to get my bike in working order so that will help to get me moving on evenings when I just don't want to go to the gym. I need to trim the shurbs also... LOL, not one of my favorite yard work activities so I let it go way too long before I take care of it.

Judy: I love your friends ideas! That really got me motivated too because our bad snacks items are pretty much done with at the house so will replace with your list and that will really help! Thanks!

Life: You sound busy but I am glad that your hip is feeling better and I'll bet your right about your knee, the standing does not help it at all.

Cherry: what are you up to?

Terri: I was trying really hard to have a 3.5 day weekend lol but as it turns out I need to stay here at work way longer on Friday then I wanted to for a meeting that someone scheduled and I must attend... Good luck getting thru your week and I hope that you enjoy your weekend!

Have a great day all!
Princess

Last edited by Princess1122; 06-29-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:11 AM   #44  
Chick

Hi All,
We're sounding optimistic and that's a good thing.

Bandit, so funny you called losing weight a job, because yesterday I was reflecting that my weight/losing and gaining and losing has been the uppermost thought in most of my days-----bizarre. I mean if I had spent as much time gardening or learning a new hobby I'd be an expert in those fields by now. But, I guess the big idea is that if this were easy, no one would be chubby. I'm working on it. Had a great day yesterday and am feeling good today. I'll WI in less than an hour and I"m expecting to go up---I hope by not too much, but we'll see.

Yesterday I made Congee (a rice porridge used for breakfast) and a cauliflower/broccoli soup. All winter I had soup and it helped me a lot. Now that it's hot, I can still use that feeling of fullness, so I figured I'd try it out.

Enough about me.
Everybody have a great weekend-----here in the states it's our Independence Day. Funny-----usually we;re invited to our nephew's for a BBQ, but haven't heard a thing. I think it's a standing invite, but if that doesn't pan out we'll BBQ here. I expect the kids in for the weekend days.

Gotta run.
and and to us all for and : we can do this. We'll remember what my friend says: yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is the present which is why it's a gift. I'm going to really try to make the most of my gift today.
Lov,e
Judy
234.6/?/180's and thinner
Old 06-29-2011, 11:57 AM   #45  
Chick

Hi Pals,
I'm back from my WI. Gained 1.8#. Almost 2#. Ugh. Too close to 200# again.

Right now I've got a chicken cacciatore in my slow cooker. My WW friend brought me a quart of zucchini soup to stretch my meals. I bought shredded
cabbage to make a cole slaw WW style. I straightened out my freezer and organized it to make it sensible.

Gotta run! Good luck to us all!
Lov,e
Judy
234.6/197.6/180's and thinner