Old 06-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Everyone seems so busy these days-

Way to go Janelle!!

Tina, everyone knows I've given my notice but today my the owner called me into his office and offered me a $3000. if I stayed until Oct!! Half to be paid up front now-he told me he didn't want to lose me and offered that I do the internal payroll and collections instead of what I was supposed to do and that was the weekly payrol for all the temps(over 200 employees)-I don't think he was serious but he also offered that if I stayed he'd send me to Edmonton twice a year!!! I told him I'd think about it and give him an answer on Monday-it's nice to be appreciated-which he told me I was-he said he valued my work ethics-but now I have something else to think about-but honestly it could be a lot worse-I'm not complaining.

well let's all have a great weekend

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:06 AM   #32  
Thursday Lady

Hi all, Yes, people are way too busy to write very often. I miss hearing what's going on with everyone. I know there is fb, but, it's not the same, is it!

Maureen, WOW,that is so wonderful what your boss said and offered. I think I'd carefully consider his offer.
That sounds like a good deal to me.
I'll be thinking about you this weekend. You have a lot to decide.

Today is Larry's birthday. He wanted to go to a pizza buffet. Turns out that they don't have the buffet on Friday nights. We ordered a very large pizza. (David went, too.) I just ate one piece. I have no idea how many points it would contain. I did so good all day. I've done good all week. My scales have gone kaput. I must go buy another one.
Anyway, I'll be eating light tomorrow.
Everyone have a great weekend.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:57 AM   #33  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

If it worked a pic of some of us who walked the 5k. I'm the one in black shorts, gray top and yellow lanyard around my neck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5k.jpg (30.8 KB, 8 views)
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #34  
Thursday Lady

janelle, love that picture!
Old 06-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #35  
Susan

Hi,
A quick break from writing curriculum. I have to get this finished!!!! I still have a bunch to do but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Nothing exciting here. I'm going back to the dietician this Wednesday and she is going to do a resting metabolic rate test on me. So hopefully that will help get me going in the right direction!

Maureen, WOW!!!! I can't believe all that is going on!!!! I'll say an extra prayer for you!

Tina, too bad about the pizza place! Happy Birthday Larry!

Tammy, I'm so Happy for you!!!

Janelle, love the picture!!!

Jeanne, have you come up for air??? Can't wait to see new pics of the house.

I steamed cleaned my carpets this week. It's funny, I've taken a nap everyday too but I've also been riding my bike!

Pat's band plays tonight and then again next Saturday. Then they will be off for a couple of weeks. I'm going both nights!

It's hot here. We've had about 6 days of over 100 degree weather! with a few more coming. Next week, it's suppose to break and be in the cool 90's!

Stay cool!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:29 AM   #36  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Default confession!!!!

Good morning dear friends!

Soooo, I have a confession.....I have gained 20# since December! Urgh!
Yesterday I decided to kick myself in the butt and get moving! So I re-vamped (yet again) my ww plan, walking regiman and water intake and daily vitamin! I worked so hard to lose all that weight and look what I did!!!!! I feel awful!

I am going to start going back to my ww meetings!

Hope you are all having a nice day!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:09 PM   #37  

don't beat yourself up Jeanne, just start again. You'll do it you're worth it

maureen
Old 06-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #38  
Jillian stole my abs!

No worries! 3 years ago, I lost 51. Then slowly over the 3 years, 30 of them wandered back.

I kicked myself in the butt when PP rolled out.

I really think maintaining is way harder than losing. I know it's what I struggle with the most. I've lost weight lots of times, but somehow it keeps finding it's way back.

I'm really working on wrapping my head around this whole maintaining thing. I really want to get it right this time.

So, you are not alone. In fact 2 other ladies in my WW group, did the same thing in about the same time frame as me. We are all back at it. Thankfully Brenda and I didn't gain it all back, but one did plus more!
Old 06-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #39  
Susan

Hi,

No don't beat yourself up Jeanne! I'm up too! Since I've been going to the dietician I've only lost about 5 pounds. I know that stress can do it to you.

Pat's band was great last night. Especially since they have had a 2 month break and not a single practice! Silly guy is out working in the heat..... while I'm staying inside but I'm still hot. I think I might go get the fan and turn it on.

Maureen, have you made your decision? That's great that your supervisor thinks alot about you. That is a tough decision. As my brother says "Make a decision and don't look back." Not that I do that

Hope everyone has a great day and stays cool!
Old 06-20-2011, 12:18 AM   #40  
Jillian stole my abs!

Don't really know where this post is going, but hang on!

This is the first fathers day for my twin sons and their amazing babies, and my DIL's that I love.

But, missing my Daddy! He was killed in a farm accident, in 1977. I do still miss him. I so wish he were here. I would love to just have 5 minutes with him.

Heck, I'd give up the 5 minutes, and let him spend those with his grandbabies.

This is a tough holiday for me! Dad was so common sense and no crip crap, and yet always there, something I strive for.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:59 AM   #41  
Thursday Lady

Mormomg.
Janelle, I know where you're coming from. It's very hard missing parents on these holidays. We have great memories and that helps.

I'm up early today. Guess I'd better take advantage of it and get some housework done early.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:14 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 236 (2005)/200?/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Still here...

Hello Everyone!
Thanks for the welcoming words. Please forgive me if it takes me awhile to memorize names and pics. Speaking of which I love the Jillian abs pics!

Hope all is well with you Ms. Maureen. I've followed your thread in particular because I have been in a very similar situation. Ultimately I chose to be in a place office/geographical location where I actually LIKED to be. I passed on a position that would pay more, but I didn't like working there. A professor once told me, "You're gonna be spending 8+hours a day with your co-workers make sure you actually like them!" Very helpful words. Hope it all works out

Otherwise it's still hot, but I'm thankful for my a/c and my best friend's subvision's pool access!!!
veli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:57 PM   #43  
Susan

Hi all,

Hope everyone is having a good day. I've been to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned. Treated myself to california rolls at a place a friend and I go to. She didn't want to come today, so I sat at the sushi bar. That was fun. Then to the grocery store to pick up a few things and now home to work on curriculum. You don't know HOW bad I want to be finished!!!!!

Veli, I grew up in San Antonio and my family still lives there. I go all the time. I'll be going in the next couple of weeks.

Tina, how are you feeling these days?

Janelle, My dad passed away last year. He was a rock and walked on water! I have always told my husband that he was the second man in my life, my dad would always be first. My Daddy also just smiled about it. I reminded him of that before he passed away and he just smiled and said "I know" A day doesn't go by that I don't miss him.

Tammy, how are you feeling?

Maureen, big hugs!!!

Jeanne, what are you doing today? How's the house coming?

Well, I've officially put off my work so I guess I better get busy so I can knock some of it out!

Stay cool!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:58 AM   #44  

Good morning all

I hope you Southern Ladies are coping in the heat. It's been warm here also but it hasn't been too humid so it's okay. My apartment is great though it's always nice and cool.

Well, I made my decision and I'm heading back to Edmonton. My last day at work will be July 11 or 12 and my brother and I will drive out on the 16th. It was a tempting offer to stay but it's not what I want to do. My Lord will I ever be content anywhere? I have to work on that.
I've started packing but will sell most of my stuff.

Well, let's all have a great day on program

maureen
Old 06-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #45  

Keep your fingers crossed - someone's coming to see my condo tonight!!! It would be too good to be true if it went this fast!!!