3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   #256 Bale of Turtles Keepin' On!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/234178-256-bale-turtles-keepin.html)

Princess1122 06-08-2011 08:02 AM

Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! Another hot one here but rain is moving this way - just in time for our out-door concert tomorrow night, peachy! - but with the rain comes some cooler temps so it will all work out for the best.

Food is a problem for me this week... having a very hard time staying within my points, hungry and find myself eating things that I just should not eat... will give myself a mental shake and get back at it.

Terri: Your walk sounds fabulous! I understand about the kids and when they don't really want to hang out with the parental units anymore... LOL! Mine went thru that and are on the other side of it now... they like to hang out with us as adults. Good luck when you do get to a W/I - I know how you feel though, that first one is the worst after being away for a while.

Judy: Good luck at W/I today! I hope that you get a nice big loss to get you motivated again. Have a great day with your gal pals at WW, I know you enjoy hanging out with them at the meetings.

Bandit: You doing ok? How goes it with the guy you were dating? How did the haircut, etc go when you went to the city last to see your daughter?

Life: I have been losing and regaining the same 5 lbs for over a year now, ugh, it is super frustrating so i know how you feel. How are you doing so far this week?

I have to run but have a great day everyone... drink lots of water in the hot weather and stay cool when you can!

bandit2 06-08-2011 09:09 AM

Morning, turtles:

As Terri told you hot & humid up here but I love the heat, so bring it on!
Our season of hot weather is very short, so I try and get the most of it when we can.

Princess - I am OK, going to get my knee checked out Fri a.m. since it is still very sore and I have not seen that fellow for a few weeks. As I mentioned he was wanting to move things forward but without putting in more effort for getting together more than once a week & that doesn't work for me.
Another fellow I met last year called me this week and we have chatted a few times & I am suppose to give him a call if I am interested. I hate when they put you on the spot like that - he is nice but also has some health issues. Anyway, when the right one comes along then all these little things won't be an issue. My gf think I have too many rules when it comes to dating but I know I am OK on my own with my gf so not ready just to settle with anyone.

Judy - good luck tonight!

Been pretty good with my menu this week - but overdid it on the weekend.
So hopefully won't be too bad tomorrow at the scales.

I met up with some friends last night & one of them joined WW in Jan & is down 23# so I was impressed with that. She only knows the Point Plus system and likes the flexability. So maybe time to get more strict with my old WW ways.

All - hope you are all having a great week.

Itryharder 06-08-2011 01:11 PM

Hi Turtles,
Terri, good for you for getting household help. I found when I was working full time, had two teenagers and a ten year old plus my husband in the house-----no one, but no one wanted to help with household, food shopping, dinner, etc. and I finally told them I was getting help and that was it. it felt good to have someone else do the kitchen and bathroom floors, etc. and was a huge help. Once the kids were out of the house and I was still working I was fine with picking up the chores around the house again----I just had a hard time with cleaning and their clutter. Luckily my husband and I are pretty neat and we don't clutter too much, so cleaning isn't a hassle. The other advantage is my eyesight isn't super spot on anymore and I care a lot less, so what I do, I do. LOL Anyway----hope this household help gets you over the hump.

Princess, you'll get your groove back, but a lot of this is fighting through the hormonal changes you are going thru and not getting discouraged. Patting yourself on the back to triumphs---not necessarily what the scale reads. I'm sending :goodvibes: for you to drop some weight.

Bandit, good for you for being selective with the guys you date. You're a catch!

Life4evr, good luck with your school work and your weight. You're doing a good thing for yourself!
Cherry, how are you and your family?

I had a great WI this morning. Stopped the weight gain and lost 3# this week. I had scared myself silly about crossing the 200# mark and even went to check out Jenny CRaig to see if I could shed some pounds quickly.
Turns out if I keep myself a little hungry, I can lose weight. Counting on knocking off another pound this week. :goodscale:

Gotta run----on computer too long today.
Judy
234.6/196/180's and thinner :cool:

terrod99 06-09-2011 07:19 AM

Hey All

I think the humidity has passed storms last night ++ lightning and thunder. I like it hot but it was way too humid. So hopefully hit the pavement tonight for another walk.

Judy great job this week, I am scared I am going to cross back over ! But yes if we stay a little hungry that is usually what works.

Bandit you stick to your rules you don't need to settle there are great guys out there you just haven't found the right one yet! Sounds like you have a great life, when you find the right man he will fit right in and you will know.

Princess the weather change here looks like showers for the weekend, we have our Dragon Boat Races Sat, my husband and I are on the clinic team, why is it that the nice days we have no out door activities and the rain days all the events are planned? Always seems to happen that way. But I agree the cooler weather will be better.

Life/Cherry keep in touch hope all is well with you gals!

Terri

Princess1122 06-09-2011 07:57 AM

Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! Sounds like we are all having very similiar weather... just hoping the rain holds off until after the concert tonight. DH and I worked in the yard and gardens last night and it was so stinking hot that we both got most of the work done that we wanted to, headed for the shower, thru some burgers on the grill and called it a day. I have been getting to bed later and later lately and for me that is a problem... when I am over tired I don't exercise and I don't watch what I eat so my goal for this next week is to get to bed on time, drink my water, get my three exercise sessions in and see how it goes at W/I next week...

Bandit: Totally agree with you, settling is not the answer. Good luck at W/I tonight... I am not going to mine but that is most likely a good thing as I have not made the smartest choices this past week.

Judy: A huge congrats to you on your weigh in results! Fabulous! I would love to have a house helper... but if my contract does not get renewed at the end of this month then I won't need one but with working so much when I am employed it would be wonderful to not have to worry about the weekly cleaning.

Terri: I hope your weather clears for the races this weekend but good luck to you and your husband... they sound like a lot of fun! And I agree with you, the weather does not seem to do what we want it to... LOL - mother nature can be a real pain sometimes :)

Cherry: How are you doing?

Life: What have you been up to lately?

Have a great day ladies!

Itryharder 06-09-2011 05:49 PM

Hey Princess, hope the rain holds out for your concert. Dh is BBQ-ing right now and it looks like we'll have the rain any minute.

Turtles,
gals, I had a good day today. Having the freezer stocked with lean burger patties (point +=3) and buns-----plus keeping up with my beet salad and cuke salad is helping a lot.

:goodvibes: to us all! And a :grouphug: to keep on going. The summer can be a good time to lose weight. I'm still counting on being in the 180's by the fourth of July.

Judy

life4evr 06-09-2011 11:46 PM

Hey everyone. I am doing so so. Eating rigt in spurts. Tommorrow is weigh in day so I shall see what happens. School is going okay I am off school tomorrow but i have to work, so yay for me hours. Hope everyone is well.

Princess1122 06-10-2011 08:46 AM

Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all. The weather held thru the concert, it was very hot but no rain and we had a good time. Just need to get thru this work day, then it is home to do some housework quick and maybe go to a church festival that is going on this weekend. I hoped on the scale this morning just to see where I was at and did not like what I saw at all which is my own fault and in my control to change so will get back on it right away.

I am very tired this morning so will save my personal posts for another time, late nights are not good for me... LOL.

Have a great day all!

Itryharder 06-10-2011 08:48 AM

Life4evr, good luck on your WI.
Princess, how was the concert?
Terri, how's the weather holding up?
Bandit, good luck with your doctor visit. I hope your knee is feeling better.

As I wrote late last night, food was good yesterday. I'm planning another good day today. Weekend activities may change----not much planned, but I bet the kids come in this weekend.

Have a great day. TGIF to all of you!!!!
Judy
234.6/196/180's and thinner by July 4th~ :cool:

Itryharder 06-10-2011 08:50 AM

Hi Princess, we posted at the same time. Glad the rain spared your concert!
Have a great weekend. I know you can knock off a pound this week. (And then next week I know you can knock off another pound. We can do this! All the turtles can do this!)
JUdy
234.6/196/180's and thinner by July 4th.

CherryAutumn 06-10-2011 10:56 AM

I am sorry I have been MIA. We went out of town for 5 days for a convention and it did a number on my weight. I gained a bunch of weight but i have dropped some of it already. I am just going to keep trying and not give up.

life4evr 06-11-2011 11:35 AM

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. So I didn't gain any weight. Which I was surprised due to eating everything. I just felt heavy wierd. Hope evryone is well

Itryharder 06-11-2011 06:39 PM

Hi Cherry,
Being up in weight is what we do lots of times. However, you've learned some good habits and it's great to know that you have lost some of those pounds already. WEigh to go. Keep it going in the right direction!

Life4evr, so glad you didn't gain any weight! Let's have another good week.

I have a feeling we've learned so much that a great deal of this
has become routine. Let's all name one thing that we never do anymore.
I'll start.
1. I never eat a full dessert at a restaurant any more! :chef:

Have a great weekend, Turtles.
Judy

bandit2 06-12-2011 01:14 PM

Hi turtles:

I turtled at my meeting, so was nice not to see a gain & hopefully will
see a loss soon. I will be missing my Thurs meeting since I will be in
Sarnia for PRD Tops convention, so should get lots of motivation and refocussed by being there for 3 days.

Life - glad you didn't see a gain at the scales!

Princess - nice you enjoyed your concert and the weather held off for you.

Went to doctors and he gave me anti-inflammatories and I also had xrays done, so will see what they say but already feels better being on the meds,
so hoping it gets better soon. But he did say that I could be walking, so
no excuses not to get in my exercise.

Judy - good idea for us to list things we no longer do.

So for me the best thing I no longer do is - not journalling (I journal
every day good or bad faithfully) this helps me to be accountable.

Today I will be having a high calorie dinner - it is ribfest and one of my
friends annual get togethers, but have eaten light all day. Still, will
have to be extra careful after this.

Enjoy your Sunday!

terrod99 06-13-2011 07:16 AM

Hey All

Monday again! The weekend goes so fast. We got in half the day of our Dragon Boat races Saturday! Then the thunder and lightening started, so the races were called off, we were second in our only race and we beat the other large medical clinic so it was all good. The community raised a lot of money usually it goes to breast cancer but this year our hospital is raising money for a radiation bunker so people don't have to travel min of an hour for treatment. We all had a nice lunch at the outdoor restaurant by the water, lots of laughs, lots of walking. So over all a good day!

Judy -The one thing I don't do anymore is drink my calories, I always have water or calorie/sugar free pop (okay wine and a rare beer!). I also always buy the lower fat or fat free version of say sour cream/cottage cheese or whatever. The rest of the family don't even notice and it doesn't hurt them either!!!!!!

Life/Bandit great job with your weigh ins! Princess hope your scale is being kinder to you!!!

Talk to you all soon! Lets keep at it!

Terri

Cherry nice to hear from you and that you are keepin at it!