Old 06-03-2011, 07:19 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All TGIF

I have had no internet for over a week!!! Just got it back yesterday something with the modem! They had to ship a new one, funny how it only took 24 hours when I finally yelled and threatened to change providers on Wed. Anyway you don't realize how much we use it til we lose it!!!!

Not enough time to read all the posts! Will try to later or Sat am. Hope all are well and keepin at it!! I am just at the end of my bad leg (from falling through the deck) The bruise went from knee to ankle, the pain has stopped now, dug 2 slivers out of my ankle yesterday! So back to the gym with me!!!! Have been walking at lunch time. Eating well, but too much must get that back under control!!!

Glad all you turtles are keepin at it ! Will catch up soon!

Terri
Still here and keepin on!
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:47 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone dropping a quick note, before I leave to go out of town. So I weighned in today and I am basicly hte same weight. So I can leave with that considering i have been eating alot and not exercising. Another one of my cousins is getting married this weekend. So the eating will probably be a toss up. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning turtles:

Terri - glad to hear your leg is better and you can get back exercising.
I find that makes a big difference. Those darn decks - I slipped on my trailer
deck 3 weeks ago and my knee is still sore, getting better but not 100%.

Life - have fun at the wedding, I love weddings. So much fun.

As for me, had my weigh in last night and knew I would be up but did not
expect to but up 2#!!! Seriously - I was surprised.
So I guess no excercising, eating chips, too much bread etc etc finally
caught up at the scales.
Hopefully that is a wake-up call & my goal is to do better this week.

Going into Toronto today and getting my hair done, so will be nice day
with my daugher and get all spruced up for the summer.

All - have a great weekend!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:53 PM   #19  
Chick

Terri, glad to have you back online. Sorry about your leg, but glad you're well enough to get walking/exercising again. Weigh to go!

Life4evr, have a great time at the wedding. I always find the cocktail shrimp they usually offer because I love that and the points plus are good.

Bandit, sorry about your gain, but this week should be better. Enjoy the day with your daughter and your new "sprucing up"!

Yesterday was another good day. Today is a challenge----breakfast out with my friends, then tacos tonight at my dd's house. We'll see our grandson and kids, so that will be fun.

Have a great weekend. {Princess, enjoy your day off of work! It's pretty weather here---not humid, sunny and bright. I've got my good attitude back again.
Love, Judy
234.6/199/180's and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:18 AM   #20  

Rainy Sat here! Is suppose to clear up by this afternoon.

Caught up on all the posts, sounds like everyone is keepin at it! Its all we can go keep going and not give up!

Princess can relate to the TOM situation had that going on for awhile, google endometrial ablation, had this done last sept. now basically have a few drops a month or nothing. There are a few options it is definitely something that can be fixed.
Bandit hope you had a good day with your daughter.
Life/Judy It is all about the food! If we are really good every day we should be able to go different functions and have a few treats! So enjoy!

Everyone have a great weekend!
Terri
Old 06-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles;

Terri - yes, I am listening to the rain right now and it is suppose to pass soon.

Judy - glad your good attitude is back that is half the battle right there, how
we think and react to situations. Enjoy your day!

Princess - hope you are feeling better with the TOM thing. I haven't had
to deal with that for a long time since I had hysterecomy (fibroids) but remember being perimenopausal which wasn't fun- never knew from day to day what would happen, lots of nasty surprises. But Terri is right - there
are different solutions so you shouldn't be putting up things you really don't have to. Good luck with that.

All - so anyone make/try any new recipes. I need to shake things up for next week. Think I will focus on one big salad daily for my lunch with some protein and maybe some smoothies or cereal for breakfast then a healthy dinner of some kind. All sounds great - but the putting it into action is the
challenge.

Tonight going dancing with the ladies (bad knee and all) just will take it easy
but fun to get out

All - enjoy your weekend!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:54 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey everyone I had fun at the wedding. I hit the the ellipitical this morning n the gym, I had a plan of eating a lot. Which didn't happen. I was still hungry afterwards. Since we are traveling it has been alot of fast food. Which equals too much salt for my poor body. Everyone asked me was i loosing weight. so score one. Felt a little better since I am trying to loose those same 5# again Other than that's it. Have a goodnight.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:36 PM   #23  
Chick

Life4evr, what wonderful compliments about losing weight. . So glad you had fun at the wedding.

Hope you had fun dancing with the ladies, Bandit.

All goes well here. Had a for my dd. It went well. Had a BBQ with cuke salad and beet salad and some roasted veggies-----grilled pineapple slices indoors and they were delicious! Had a lean burger patty which pointed out to 3 points plus in comparison to a Sabrett's regular hamburger patty which is 8 points plus----ugh! this way I could have a burger on a bun and still stay within points plus.

Talk soon. Princess and Terri, hope you had nice weekends.
JUdy

Last edited by Itryharder; 06-05-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:15 AM   #24  

Hey All Monday Again!

Weather looks good this week, sun and heat, hope it sticks for the weekend. We have our dragon boat races this weekend. We have a team from the clinic, that my husband and I are on, its a great day if the weather is good, but not so fun if the weather doesn't cooperate!

Can't motivate myself to get back to the gym!!! Havenot been weighed in weeks!! I am falling apart. Must get back at it!!!!!!

Did grill some veggies last night, boiled sweet potatoes whole for about 20 min, mixed 2 tb olive oil, 1/2 tsp each of salt pepper cinnimon cumin paprika, sliced the potatoes in 1/2 inch slices brushed oil mix on both sides and put on BBQ for 5 or so min each side. I put a bit of no fat sour cream on them, they were pretty good, also did asparagus, i just put oil, balsmaic vinegar, pepper salt and roll them until there are grill marks.

Judy must try grilling the pineapple it sounds good.

Hope all you have a happy Monday.

Terri
Old 06-06-2011, 09:12 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and Happy Monday to you all!

My last weigh in (Thursday night) I was up 1.2 lbs so this week I am calling the doctor and hopefully so that I can get things to a managable level - not sure it will help with the weight loss but it can't hurt! Weekend was ok with food but not great, I did get to a cycling class and yard work so I got in some exercise.

I will get back on in a bit but have to run now... My work schedule is packed today!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #26  
Chick

Hi Everybody---I had a great eating weekend and yet my weight is up a bit.
I've got to realize that even though the food was good (and terrific considering it was a weekend) that "weekend" food for me is often saltier, etc. than daily food. So, I've got to wrap my head around the gain, work to eat very well again today so the loss I saw before the weekend materializes again in time for my WI. If anyone understands this, I'll send in your application to MENSA! LOL. In any case, I like to chime in and let you know how I'm doing. Had a sliver of the red velvet cake and then had the grilled pineapple which turned out to be incredibly sweet and delicious.

Hey everybody----have a good day. Let's take baby steps to get where we want to be.
JUdy
Old 06-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #27  
Chick

Also: Princess, I'm so glad you're getting to a doctor. When I went through perimenopause/menopause my weight was all over the place and that may be what you're going through now. I'm sending you : that you can find some answers to feel better and your weight will follow through.
Judy
Old 06-07-2011, 07:59 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Tuesday! Looks like it is going to be another hot one here today but they are saying that the rain may hold off so I would imagine that walking group is on for tonight although I may cancel it since D-DIL and I want to go to the gym and catch a Aquafit class instead and since no one shows up I am thinking that I will just cancel it and we can do the exercise that we would rather do

We have lots of stuff going on this week so I need to really batten down the hatches and get my plans in place so that I don't see a huge gain. I am not going to meeting or W/I this week as DH and I have tickets to go see a concert that night but since I don't want to see a huge gain the following week I need to keep it all in check now.

Judy: Yep, totally agree with the theory that Peri-meno is causing some of my issues... I am just really being careful about which path I choose since some of them have nastier side effects than the condition itself. There is negitive stuff all over the intranet about so many of the options, HRT, etc, just not sure which one is the one for me yet. I will call the doctor this week though and see what I can figure out with her help.

Terri: Thanks for the suggestion, the Endo. Ablation was suggested to me along with a few other options by my doctor a while back... I just need to figure out which one is right for me. So glad to see you back online... was getting worried when you didn't post for a while.

Bandit: Sorry about your gain at last W/I - I hope that this week will be better for you! Hope your knee is on the mend also! I am looking for new recipes also, with the weather nice we are using the grill a lot and that is helping - the grilled pineapple is a great idea and I have heard that grilled peaches is also very good. I have boneless pork rib's out to grill tonight, they are very lean cuts and go well with a salad and veggie on the side.

Life: How are you doing? My DS just started back taking college evening courses... He is feeling the pinch after just the first class but it will do him good and get him where he wants to go eventually. Anything new with you?

Cherry: You still out there? How are you doing?

I have to run but have a great day all! Another busy one here for me but I will try and hop back on later on to see what is going on with everyone.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #29  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I was able to keep a lid on my emotions yesterday and although I didn't eat exactly as I had planned my menu, the substitutions I made were fine.
As far as food, I've got a couple of cold veggie salads in my fridge which make putting together a lunch very easy----also bulks up my dinner meals which are usually unit foods of one pork chop, one chicken breast, one lean hamburger patty----you get the idea.

Yeah--Princess, makes sense to get information and then decide what should work best for you. Also, have you had your thyroid checked because it was about at your age that my thyroid starting kicking up and I had a rapid weight gain even though I was dieting. Just a thought.

All goes well here. Glad to see Turtles posting and doing our best. I have to keep reminding myself that watching the foods I eat daily and getting the exercise in that I can will work over the long run. I don't have to be perfect and I do have to trust that this will work for me. It's worked for so many. It'll work for me too. I am thrilled that I avoided going over 200#, and my WI tomorrow should show a small loss. Yay! I hope.

Chat soon,
Judy
Old 06-08-2011, 07:27 AM   #30  

Hi Gals Hot & Humid Wed Here!

Still avoiding the scale, did go for a 70 min walk Monday night with my son, we walked to the cemetery and looked for relatives! I know there are some buried there but it is so large, we will keep walking until we find them! Soon I am sure I won't be able to get him to go out with me so I am going to enjoy for now.

I have finally given up and hired a cleaning lady biweekly. She'll probably be here all day the first time she comes! Sooo much dust!!!!!! It will be great to only have to worry about laundry shopping, tidying and leaving the big jobs that I hate and sometimes don't get to!!! for someone else. More time for me!

Judy having food prepared and ready to grab is great planning, I spend a lot of time on the weekend making sure that we have everything for the week, so we aren't tempted by takeout! Most weeks we succeed.

Princess Sounds like you are having a busy week, with lots of exercise, your weather sounds like the same pattern we are experiencing hope it cools off a bit soon, hot is good but humid I can do with out!!

Life/Bandit/Cherry hope you are keepin at it and we hear from you soon!

Terri