#255 Bale of Turtles Hearing That Click!!!!!

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all! Can not belive it is Monday already... ugh! I did pretty good with everything over the weekend but I noticed that I was seriously hungry yesterday, I mean could not seem to get full, I think it may be because of the increase in exercise lately but still... Lord I could not seem to get enough in me to feel satisfied at all.

My plan this week is the same as last week... to stay on track, aim to lose 1 lb at weigh in and get my three exercise sessions in (two down, one to go) - yeah, biking two days in a row like that, not going to be doing that anymore... ouch! My hinney regions are saying that is not a good idea at all LOL.

I really need to lay off of the sodium this week and drink a ton of water to get rid of the inflamation from the exercise, etc.

Farmers markets are opening up down here for the season so I will be getting to those on Saturdays and when ever else I can manage it, nothing beats local produce.

Another area for improvement for me would be to track my food in my journal over the weekends, I always seem to forget that!

Have a great day all!
  • Hi Turtles,
    I love that we're planning what we are going to do. Yeah, it's so easy to get hungry-----one night of the weekend I was starving and had used up my points plus by 5:30 at night. Ugh. Around seven I made a shake with 1 cup 1%milk, 1 cup strawberries (frozen) and about 8 ice cubes. It made a big amount and I shared it with my dh. Because it was so thick, it took a long time to drink with a straw. Because I made the effort to do something smart for myself, I went to bed happy. These small changes work for me.
    Yesterday restaurant food was heavier than I wanted, but I am on full track for today and I'll just count in the extra points plus yesterday from the weekly allowance. Looks like I'm going to have to get on the today because the weather here is rainy. ugh----that's okay. It's good to have you guys as friends.
    Judy
    234.6/198.2/180's and thinner
  • Hi turtles - rain, rain and more rain. But I did get my grass cut Fri a.m.
    and my wine ordered, so that was good. Also got my trailer opened up
    but when I went to leave, I fell on the slippery deck and twisted my knee,
    so spent rest of weekend with an icepack and that took care of deciding to see that fellow over the weekend. Feels abit better today but still
    pretty sore. So I ended up have way too many snacks while watching TV by
    myself. So really have to behave and get back at it.

This upcoming weekend is a long weekend & so far shaping up nicely.
    I am taking some stuff to trailer Fri a.m. and planning on going to dance Fri evening with my gf & bbq Saturday. So lots of fun!

Hope everyone is staying dry - honestly, it is sooooooo wet up here you
    just can't get anything done outside.

Have a good week!
  • Rainy Tuesday

On track, feeling good today, Monday on plan all day!, walked from the auto shop, ate well, ++ water, today got up 5:30, went to Y for 45 min cardio, feeling great, made salad with a little, chees and chicken for lunch.

A gal I work with lost 60+ lbs when she turned 50, (she is now 62 and looks fabulous!) she brought in apicture yesterday of her heavier self, could not believe it, she is now a runner, walks to work everydayand everywhere else she goes. But she says to me you know the only way I did it was to practically starve myself and exercise ++ each day. and she added she was heart broken at the time.

Is there hope for us???? Please tell me there is, I feel hopeful!!!

Have a great on plan Tuesday Turtles

Terri
  • Good morning everyone and happy rainy Tuesday to you all! Not sure what will happen for this evening walking group, will just have to wait and see how Mother Nature plays out the day I guess.

I ate too much last night but I have got to say that it was another very hungry day for me yesterday. I packed a ton of on-plan foods for myself today just incase today goes like yesterday - I know that Bandit told me once to up my protein and I think that I will give that a try, get extra turkey etc at the store next time I go maybe some canned tuna too! I did not exercise last night and just went to bed a bit earlier then I normally do to save myself from eating anymore than I already had and sleep helps me too and it is something that I just don't get enough of.

Terri: There absolutely is hope for us... without a doubt! That is the way your friend lost weight but it does not have to be yours... she was going thru a rough time I guess and maybe that is just the way it played out for her but you are doing good, keep at it, track, eat on plan, drink your water and get your exercise in and you will do great!

Bandit: Sounds like you have some things happening this coming holiday weekend and that is wonderful! I am soooo sorry that you hurt yourself, UGH, I totally understand how you feel though and really hope it gets better. Can you get in to see your doctor or however that works to get some med's if you need them?

Judy: I grabbed a bunch of fruit at the store this weekend with making smoothies in mind also, have not got around to it yet but the strawberries sound wonderful! Have you been to the boardwalk yet this week?

I have to run, have a great day all!
  • Hi turtles,
    Bandit, I'm sorry you slipped and hurt your knee. You'll heal and be on your way dancing again in no time. Glad you've got your trailer opened. I love to hear of your summer activities. My goodness----look how long we've known each other and we're really looking out for each other.

Terri, I'm glad your co-worker lost weight and has kept it off. I'm with Princess that your co-worker did something that worked for her. Hey, we're doing something that works for us! We're moving and getting when we can. We're not overdoing it and hurting ourselves. We're not 3 hours/day (which we know would be unsustainable). We are eating right and when we're hungry we think of foods that are low points but filling. I've got Diet Jell-o in the fridge and lots of fruit. In my freezer I've got some strawberries I hulled and sliced and also some wild blueberries in a bag. Yummy. Look at how much you've lost, keep on doing it, and be an example to other people you work with that there's another way to be fit and healthy. I am thrilled for your friend and wish her all the best. Good for her. It's just that her way doesn't fit my personality.

Princess, glad you've got fruit in the house. I also like hard boiled eggs (minus the yolk) when I get hungry---source of protein without many points plus. And yes, more sleep helps. I feel if you're feeling hungry it probably means that you'll see a good weight loss soon. I have another idea. Someone years ago at this group mentioned making a huge salad to keep in the fridge. I did that this week and it was a big help. I made enough for 3 days, so when I said I'd have a salad for lunch, it was easy to do. Yesterday I put a sliced up hard boiled egg and my whole lunch was only 2 points plus. That gave me plenty to have delicious food at night. Just a thought.

For me: We've had rain all week, so no boardwalk since Wed. Dh and I have been running around with all sorts of errands and yesterday I made myself get on the since I felt the lack of exercise. It felt good in my head to do that. Ate out more than I thought I would this week, but the scale is showing improvement. Yay! Tonight we'll babysit our grandson for a sleepover since he's out of school tomorrow. That'll be fun. It's adorable.

Okay---gotta run.
    Life4evr, keep up the good work.
    Cherry, always good to hear from you. You've learned a lot.

Judy
    234.6/198.2/180's and thinner
  • Yesterday I actually journaled the whole day. I have not been able to do that in a long time. I lose track and then i dont want to track because i know i did bad. I think my goal needs to be to journal everything even if i am going over. Denial does not mean i didnt eat it.
  • Cherry: Sounds like a very good plan to me - great job and something that I think we all need to work on.

Judy: I forgot about the hard boiled eggs, that is a great idea, thanks! I remember that about the salad... maybe Ariana but I am not totally sure but I do remember someone said they did that. I keep bagged lettuce in my fridge now for my lunch salad then just add what ever veggies sound good that day, not as easy as having it all done but it seems to work for me.

Rain Rain Go Away! UGH! Come back in August when we all need it
    Good Lord enough is enough - I need some dry warm weather and that will help to lift up my spirits even more but I do feel like I am in a very good place right now, better than I have been in a very long time!
  • Cherry, good for you! journaling is the major secret to success. When you journal every bite, you know where you are. If you go over daily points, you've got your weekly allowance. You can do this!

Okay rain-----did you hear Princess? She has had it! And so do I and all the other Turtles. Hey Princess, so glad you stuck it out and heard that click. One thing I know is that I can't be perfect. Not even close. But when I do well I feel better and get healthier. This danged weight will come off and the closer to perfect I get the better it will be.

Judy
  • Good morning all and happy Rainy Wednesday to you all! No walking group last night due to really cruddy weather, I will try and get some hall walking in today here at work just not sure how the day will play out yet.

Food is packed for today and I have my water bottle filled... my journal is on my desk so I can write it all down... eager and worried about W/I tomorrow, I have just been sooooo hungry this week and am not sure how the scale is going to treat me... will just keep at it and see how it goes.

Judy: I made your crock pot saucy beans yesterday, they were very good but mine turned out a bit firm, the beans that is, I soaked them and boiled them and then they spent the day in the crock pot so I am not sure what I did but they were very tasty and I have the leftovers in the fridge, will have them again tomorrow evening I think. How are the hives these days? Moved on I hope for your sake!

All: Have a great day!
  • princess, you sound great. When I made those beans, mine turned out firm too. Does anyone have a suggestion?
    My hives are still with me, but I have been getting some relief with an additional med and am praying that they are almost over. Thanks for asking.
    Going to my WI now.
    Judy
  • Hey ladies. It sounds like we have all had a lot of rain lately. My mom offered to work on eating better with me and we started weighing in on Wed. so for the first week i went from 244.8 to 241.8 so i am down 3 pounds this week. The main thing is the journaling and cutting out my chips.
  • Cherry, :
    Cherry, this is great news. How nice that your Mom will be a buddy for you.
    This is terrific!!!!

My scale went up this week. It was only .4#, but such a funny thing happened. Last week I posted the incorrect weight and was really surprised to see I hadn't gained as much as I thought. So, my new weight is 197.2.
    I'm off to see my sisters----and I'll chime in when I get back. Dh is staying home----he'll love to eat lots of pizza in my absence, I'm sure. LOL. Good luck to everybody!!
    Judy
    234.6/197.2/180's and thinner
  • Cherry: Awesome job on the first weigh in and congrats on having a buddy! That makes a huge difference, when DH was exercising and doing WW with me we were both really successful and it was so nice to have a partner... Now, well I have you all here and that is ok by me, I thank God for you all daily!

Judy: Have a great time with your sisters and not a bad weigh in at all really, if you have to go up at least it was only a smidge and you will have that off in no time! Need to edit to add this quick: I am so sorry that you are still dealing with your hives... Do the doctor's have any idea what causes them?
  • Hi turtles:

Just poking along up here & trying to stay dry. Went to movies and seen
    Bridesmaids with my girlfriends and thought is was very funny - lots of laughs,
    just light fluffy girly stuff, but entertaining. But I did have popcorn for my
    dinner and that will probably cause problems at my weigh in tomorrow.
    But I enjoyed my evening & will go from there.

Cherry - congrats on such a fabulous weight loss this week & thrilled you
    have a buddy to motivate and support each other!

Judy - little bleep, onward & foward there you go!

Princess - I know what you mean about having someone to share this you, really helps - for me, especially with the exercise. You know when you just don't want to drag your butt out there but also don't want to let down your buddy then you go. But as you said, I am so thankful for the support,
    motivation, inspiration and tips from this wonderful group.

All - you are great!