Thursday Chatters for May

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • Hi all,
    Wow, Janelle, I'm sorry your husband isn't taking his meds. I don't understand why people do things like that!

What's going on with everyone else?
  • Hi,

Ok life has been crazy!! I spend 9 days in San Antonio with mom. She got out of rehab and I told my big sister I would come when mom got out. Got all the home health set up. Took her for her follow up with the doctor. Came back to go to school on Monday only to realize I have 2 weeks after this one!
    They still haven't officially told me I will be at the senior high so I can't start packing. I know I'll be going so I think I will. Not looking forward to it!! The packing!!!

Went to the dietician yesterday, was down 2 pounds from last month. Good since I normally gain 5-6 when I go home!!!! She will plan for this month. Oh and I lost inches. It will be a slow process.

I promise I won't be a stranger! I've missed y'all. Oh and I don't line being the adult! I've decided I want to be a kid again.
  • Good Morning Ladies!!!!!

Kicking up this weight loss thingie a little.......starting NOW!!!! urgh! I'm up since I've lost my job. And I'M MAD!!!!! Sooooo..........here goes!

Went to the mall yesterday and bought a new swim suit cover up and a couple of sundresses. Unfortunately......in a size bigger than what I was in. Urgh! I could have squeezed and forced myself in the size I was in....but....I wanted to be comfortable! lol Vaction is only a couple of weeks away. I'd rather stay home and supervise the re model! hahhaha! I bet the contractors wish I was going for more than a week!

Picked all the paint colors yesterday! Wow.....we are really stepping outside of our comfort zone. Our house now is all butter cookie with white trim. We have a country blue kitchen and a kahki colored bedroom. But....the new house is FULL OF COLOR! Yikes! I hope we aren't making a mistake!

I'm not going with the white kitchen. I'll post a pic when I decide tho!
    We bought "some" new furniture too! We got a cherry sleigh bed and dresser for our room. Kaitlin will get our old set and the spare room will get her old set. We got a leather sofa and loveseat and 2 wing chairs for each side of the fireplace and then I got a glider rocker for me! And.....(lol) we got a coffee table and end tables. Something we couldn't have in the house we are in. It's just little bitty!

It is raining, raining, raining here! Yucky! I have to dump my dehumidifier every single day!!!!

I'm going for a walk....yes....in the rain! I must move!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Good morning,
    Maureen, I'm sure you are excited about your trip. Yes, we want to see lots of photos!

Susan, it's so nice to hear something from you. hint.hint..hint.. I've been wondering about your mom. It's great that you were able to help set up everything. Been there/done that!

Jeanne, you are so busy. How long will you live in the new home before trying to sell it?

Mimi, miss you girl!

Tammy, how much longer on chemo?

Janelle, how is your husband doing? Has he started back on his meds?

Dori, miss you so and wonder how school and your family are doing.

I'm going out to Larry's job today. The BIG boss and the manager are taking us out to lunch for Larry's work anniversary. Steak!!!

• Hi Tina!!! We're going to stay there! We actually have already had an offer on the house we are living in now. Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer!

jeanne
  • Sounds like life is a bit crazy all around right now!

Good news, I have officially lost 25 pounds! And I'm keeping to my gym schedule!

Called hubs heart dr. about follow up, they said we were supposed to make on in 3 months. Oops. that's over. Talked to DH, will be making appt.

Then he had appt. with GP about other chest pain. More x-rays. GP says, it's either torn cartilage between his breast bone and ribs or a tumor. God deliver me. My husband, as much as I love him is a drama queen. He's sworn for all the 35 years we've been together that, he has a tumor or cancer.

In the mean time, I finally went to the Dr. for the rash I've had on my back for 3 years. Don't really know what it is, but insurance didn't cover the script. $60! Woof, that stuff better cure my back, stretch marks and make the girls defy gravity!

On another note, went to take my break out in my pick up Tues. morning, out back of the vet hospital where I work, one of many of the resident feral cats, that the neighbor feeds, decided to crawl through the 3 inches of my rolled down window and PEE in the cab of my truck! It's war now!

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate cats. I have one I really love, but when your start peeing in my truck, you are on the endangered species list. I've worked there for 6 years, there are off the top of my head at least 10 resident feral cats. WE drug out the live trap and are trapping and euthanizing the feral cats.

I don't feel good about it, but, after spending 2 hours yesterday afternoon in the pouring rain, shampooing and scrubbing and cleaning out my truck, and it still smells like tomcat pee, all bets are off!
  • MAUREEN--have a great vacation!!!

janelle, sorry about your truck!

Everyone have a great weekend.......

• I made it to Calgary yesterday and I'm staying with my oldest son Lee & his wife Wendy and their 2 cats syd and boo.
    Yesterday I had lunch with Lee, Wendy and my middle son Ian who lives not too far from Calgary in a small place outside Calgary called Airdrie. It was so nice to see them- it's been a year since I've been out here.

Today we're off to Banff for lunch and we're meeting up with my cousin's daughter who lives there. There will be lots of pictures of Banff on my fb later.

It's so nice to be in Alberta again, I really miss it. Hating my job back in Ottawa doesn't help either. When I'm in Edmonton this week I'm putting out feelers. I'd really like to come back.

I'm not doing too badly on program. A few slips but that's okay.

I hope everyone's having a great weekend and I'll be here off and on

maureen
  • Good afternoon,
    Boy, I need some rain. Anyone from up north can send it down here to me!!!

Maureen, I'm so glad you are having fun. I saw your first photos on fb. Beautiful skies up there!

How is everyone doing this weekend?

• Tina

they don't call Alberta the Land of the Big Sky for nothing lol-I knew I was in Alberta as soon as I saw it!!!
  • Hi All,

Well........ I'm in count down mode!!!! I'm so ready for summer!

A good friend of mine was put in the hospital at 20 weeks of pregnancy. She was due in October. Saturday, she was 21 weeks along. This morning she gave birth to her their daughter, Elaina Marie weighing only 15 oz. She lived 2 hours. It just breaks my heart! I talked to her tonight because unfortunately, I do know how she feels. Poor things!!!

I started going to a dietician a little over a month ago. She is a personal trainer too. The first month, I lost 2 pounds ( this was after I spent a week in San Antonio) so this month, I'm having her do my meal plans. She gives me the recipes and etc... She has me exercising 5 times a week for 30 minutes at a time. She keeps in contact with me and gives me feed back each week. I told her that I lose accountability by becoming friends with the person and then the effectiveness is gone. She said "Don't worry about that, I'll make sure." I really like her.

Maureen, love the pictures!!!

Janelle, how is your hubby?

Jeanne, how is the new house coming?

Tammy, how many more treatments?

Tina, How is life in Houston?

Mimi, are you still working lots of hours?
  • Evening,
    Susan, I am so sorry for your friend, and for you because I know it brings back all the hurt.
    How many more days until summer? Oh, and I'm so proud of you for going to that dietician. I need someone to provide me with meals. But, I couldn't do that for the rest of my life.

How's everyone doing?????

• Good morning everyone!

The house is going slowwwww! lol! Actually, there were some estate issues, so we are going to be a couple of weeks behind! Urgh! But thats ok, we'll be busy the next couple of months!

We leave for vacation soon! Jessica is taking Ben, Kaitlin is taking a girl she works with and Bob is going! Soooooo, that ought to be fun! Looking forward to some family time......

My nephews family and his in laws spent several hours in the basement last night taking shelter from the storms last night in our area. (well about 40 min. from where I live, but directly where they live). Everyone is ok and they are ascessing damage this morning. THIS WAS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE MASS DESTRUCTION that happened in Joplin! I can't even watch the news without crying.

I have several orders for SBDepot! I had made pillow covers for someone and then they requested a matching throw. I almost have that done, and then a baby blanket for an order in June.

Well, I will WI this thurs. Hoping for at least a 2# loss!

Headed out for a walk, then laundry and then I must tidy up this house!

Tina - What do you have planned for summer? Another vacation maybe?

Marion - Miss you girl, but I'll catch up on your fb page. How's Dan?

Susan - I too, am sorry that you have to re-live that! I met a "new" friend through another friend I have and she lost her toddler (Bella, 1 yr. old) only 9 months ago! She has good days and bad days and it breaks my heart! I think of you often! (like everyday! lol) Soooo, big ol' hugs and lots of love to you and your friend!

Tammy - How are you?

Maureen - Sooooo glad you are having a nice time! I know what you mean about missing where you are from. I only moved about 40 min. away 8 years ago, and "sometimes" I miss "HOME" too!

Janelle - Hows that busy life of yours?????

Dori - If you are lurking......come back and tell us how you are!!!!!!!

Hope I didn't miss anyone!

Have a great day......I gotta get busy!!!
  • Hi all,

It sounds like we are all very, very busy.
    Jeanne asked if we were planning any trips. Nope! I just got off that blood thinner and don't plan on stepping foot on a plane this year.
    We are thinking about driving over to San Antonio, TX this summer.

Dori, I'm with jeanne in saying-----come back to us!!!!!!!!!

everyone have a great day.
  • Good morning all

I'm now in Edmonton - we drove up yesterday.. I'm having lunch with my old boss today-will go say hello to who ever's left in the scrap yard. Then I'm off to have coffee with an old friend who sounds down in the dumps. Will take pictures of downtown Edmonton. Everyone does sound busy here(I mean on "here"(Thursday Chatterers). Hope we all have a great day on program & will check in later

maureen