Old 04-15-2011, 08:26 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Friday! Seems like it has been a long week, longer than usual for some reason.

Went to my meeting and W/I last night... had a turtle so was not too unhappy with that... better than a gain. I did the program/lesson that they asked me to do so that is out of the way, happy that is done and over with as I am just not good at that sort of thing and will not be volunteering for that again. I am doing the secretary job so I kind of feel like that can be my share... LOL.

They are calling for seriously cruddy weather here starting around lunch time today... spring time in the midwest is so unpredictable... ugh, will have to see if it moves thru fast so that I can still make the trip to the fiber fest on Saturday. I am making a real effort to stay on track this weekend since that seems to be my hot spot right now and where I fail the most... just totally blowing it on the weekends then trying to get back on track come Monday is just not getting me where I want to go so will make that my goal for the next couple of days.

Terri: I love getting lost in a really good book... oh there is just nothing like it! Have you read the "Outlander" series by Diana Gabaldon? Historically it is a very strong series and with a wonderful love story all though out. I am on the second book in the series. Have a great time shopping!

Bandit: So how did it go at W/I last night? Anything up for the weekend?

Judy: How are you doing? What is on your agenda for the weekend?

Cherry: Hope you are doing well!

Loopy: Hope you come back to catch up with us soon!

Life: How are you doing? Any plans for the weekend?

Nancy: Hope you are doing well and get a chance to come back and catch us up soon on how you are doing.

Have to run but have a great day all!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:37 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone doing a quick run through before I collapse. I lost 0.3# which isn't bad. I am emotional eater and there is alot of stuff going on in my family right now. So that has me on the edge. If I eat I am trying to track it no matter what it is. Thats about all for now.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:00 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Happy Monday! Short work week!

Hope all had a good weekend, shopping Friday, Saturday, Sunday relaxing at home, made buttertarts!! Big mistake! Enough said, back on track today, going to auqafit with friend tonight.

Hope everyone stays on track today!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:10 AM   #49  

Good morning all and happy Monday! They are calling for a ton of rain this week which is never a good thing for us... will just have to keep our eye to the sky and hope for the best.

I did not do very good on my goal to watch my eating over the weekend... ugh, will keep trying though! Going to cycle class with D-DIL after work today so that should help a bit.

Have a great day all!
Old 04-18-2011, 09:35 AM   #50  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
My dh and I were able to get away to Atlantic City and we had a really good time. Eating there was fine.

When we came back home we found that our dear nephew who has been in and out of the hospital since January passed away. We had countless family drama to deal with-----and in so doing my emotional eating hit a new high.
My hives are still here. I loved this nephew and will miss him, but the intertwinings of family when involved in grief got to be a bit much for me. It's my dh's side of the family and they are complicated to say the least.

Yesterday I was determined to do well with food-----and until we needed to join everyone for dinner I did better than fine. Today is a new day. Really busy-----I'll chime in whenever I can.

Just know I'm sending and and and to everyone!!! Take care. Be well and happy.
Judy
234.6/????/180's and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:18 PM   #51  

Judy: Very sorry to hear about your stress and sorrow... I sure hope that it gets better for you very soon! Take care of you!
Old 04-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Been very busy last few days. At my weigh in I was up 1# so was not
happy about that at all. I got in lots of exercise and actually ate below my points for most of the week. Oh well, just goes to show you never know
what will happen at the scales, but we did have a fun Award Night.
I received a plaque for most 6 weeks no gains, so that was nice.

My girlfriend arrived from Florida & will stay with me until weather is warm enough at her trailer park for her to stay there. So probably a coupld of weeks.

Weather has been cold/snowey/rainey and will be nice when it warms up.

So very busy over weekend with company, dinner date & ladies potluck on Sunday. So too much eating once again.

Hope you all do well this week.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Judy - so sorry to hear about your familys loss. You take care of yourself
Awful when these things happen & really takes a toll on everyone.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:19 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All

Judy sorry for the loss of your nephew, hope things get easier over the next few days.

Bandit/Princess/Life- everyone! I feel like I am losing the battle, I am determined to win, but am just floundering, still have a head cold it got better and is now worse again! Eating has been awful, I did go to aquafit last night, have a date with a girlfriend to go again tonight, but I just feel like I lost total control of my eating, I always do this lose a bit start to feel it and then bounce up and down and give up. I don't want to give up! But what do I do too keep losing weight I have no self control, I need to go back to basics tracking every thing I guess, keep at it.

Sorry for the poor me when there are more important things going on in the world! But I need to keep moving and I just don't know how at the moment.

Haven't even weighed myself, didn't go to Weigh in last week.........

Today is a new day will be keepin at it!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #55  

Good morning everyone - super rainy here and cool, we had huge storms come thru last night and they already have warnings out about the ones that are due to hit tonight... DH and I need to get our emergency basket of stuff (flash light, candles, lighters, cell phone) down into the celler incase we need to make a run for it in the night. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is not as bad as they are saying it is going to be!

Ok - I totally hear what everyone, including myself is saying! This time of year it is almost as hard as around the winter holidays to stay on track with parties and BBQ's starting up. I am having the same issues, some really good days of eating and some really bad days...

I am seriously thinking that to get myself out of this rutt and to get jump started maybe I will try a few things - I really need to step up my exercise (went to a cycling class with DIL last night and it was great!) I am thinking of trying to flex my points with the Wendy plan since I am having good days and bad and maybe that will help. I am also looking at where I want to be when the summer gets here and also when it ends... I really don't want to be losing the same 5 lbs back and forth. So that is all part of my personal plan to get things moving for me again!

Bandit: Totally understand how frustrated you must be with the gain... I sure hope this week is kinder to you on the scale!

Terri: I feel your pain and am struggling too... Keep at it, it will click!

Judy: How are you doing today? Sure wish there was something that I could do to help you... take care of you!

Last edited by Princess1122; 04-19-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:43 AM   #56  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Thanks for the kind words. It helped to write it down and get your responses.

Terri, does it help to know that everyone goes through what you're doing right now? Unless you hate tracking, try tracking again. Baby steps will get you through.

Bandit, that scale doesn't sound right which means to me that you'll probably lose more than a pound this week while you keep up your good work.

Princess, I like all your ideas on getting out of a rut. They should work.

I, for one, am going to get through today. Looks like we'll be eating out again tonight, so I have to plan for that. I like my breakfasts and the diligence I use through lunch and afternoon. My dinners (because we've been out) have been too high in calories, etc.

Here's to all of us for not giving up, for increasing our and and doing what we know works. If losing weight were easy, no one would be overweight!!!!!
We can do this. We are doing this. We are the mighty Turtles and we know how to keep on keepin' on even when times are tricky and there are obstacles in the road. We can do this!!!!
Judy
234.6/?/180's
Old 04-19-2011, 10:49 AM   #57  
Chick

Hi Guys,
Just a recipe that looks good. I haven't pointed it out yet, but I will. Looks yummy.

Spaghetti Squash Boats
1med.spaghetti squash 2-2 1/2#
1/4# ground beef (90%) lean
1/2cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1`/2cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2t. dried basil
1/2t. dried oregano
1/4t. salt
1/8t. pepper
1 can (14 1/2oz) diced tomatoes, drained
1/3cup shredd part-skim mozzarella cheese

Cut squash in half lenghthwise, scoop out seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a baking dish. fill pan w/hot water to 1/2" deep. Bake uncovered at 375 for 30-40min. or until tender

When cool enough to handle, scoop out squash, separating strands with a fork. set shells and squash aside
in a skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper over med. heat until meat is no longer pink. drain. add the mushrooms, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 2 min. add tomatoes, cook and stir for 2 min. stir in squash.

cook uncovered until liquid has evaporated, about 10 min. fill shells; place in shallow baking dish.
bake uncovered at 350 for 15min. sprinkle with cheese, bake 5 min. longer or until cheese is melted.
Yield: 4-6 side dishes or 2 main dish servings

1cup equals 102 calories, 3gm. fat, 13g carbohydrate, 3gfiber 7g.protein

Hope you like it. It sounds good----my ww friend made it and loved it.
Judy
Old 04-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #58  
Chick

the points plus for the above recipe is 3/ one cup serving.
Love,
Judy
Old 04-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #59  

Morning everyone... super sleepy this morning, the storms were noisy and rain filled but flooding is not too bad in my neighborhood but the dogs were restless with the thunder so none of us slept very much... LOL. Oh well, it could be way worse!

Food was pretty good yesterday, I snacked on a couple of things that I should not have but over all the day was better for me. I ordered a Zumba DVD for our Wii system at home and it finally came in the mail so since I don't have knitting class tonight I think I will either try that or get to the gym for another cycle class... will see what works best. It is DH poker night so it is just me and the dogs for supper... thinking I am going to make some tuna salad and call it done

Judy: Thanks so much for taking the time to post that recipe, I have been wanted to try spag. squash, have even bought one but it went bad before I got the nerve to try it so this will give me the opportunity to try it! Hope you are doing better... take care of you!

Bandit: How are you doing so far this week? Anything new going on up your way?

Life: Just checking in to see how life is treating you these days.

Loppy: Sure hope you are doing well, we miss your posts!

Cherry: How are you doing... you live down where the tornadoes have been hitting don't you?

Terri: Whats new in your neck of the woods?

Nancy: Have not heard from you in a while... post when you can!

I think that includes all of us but I appologize if I forgot anyone! Have a great day all!
Princess
Old 04-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #60  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, you're inspiring with your exercise plans. Weigh to go.

Interesting, yesterday I noticed my calendar has only one blue dot on it. that means for this entire month I only exercised once. Not good. I told my husband yesterday that I can feel my legs aren't as strong now that the weather has stopped us from the boardwalk and walking. Since I've got a right here there is no reason not to walk. Have to do that!!!!

To everybody, let's do the best we can and keep on keepin' on!
Judy
234.6/???/180's