3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers > WW Clubs and Groups

#253 Bale of Turtles Doing What We Should!

Old 04-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #31

S/C/G: 220/207.75/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtle:

Life/Princess - nice job on your weight loss!

So weekend was pretty good & I did OK with my food choices. Last night
got in a 3 mile walk and off to yoga tonight (brought all my stuff with me, so
no excuses, will go directly after work) For dinner tonight, I have salmon
all cooked & just have to make salad. So off to a good start this week.

We all know planning ahead is key, so that is my goal this week, to keep ahead of things.

Judy - hope those hives are gone. You said WW hasn't been working that great for you lately - I think our bodies just keeping adjusting to things, so we have to keep shocking it abit for best results.

Terri - hope you didn't eat too many cookies.

All - lets have a great week!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:27 PM   #32
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Princess and Bandit,
Thanks for the good wishes on my hives. So far, so good. I still have a few hives, but the overall feeling of itchiness under all my skin is going away. So thanks!!!!

Princess, : isn't it wonderful when we lose and don't expect to?
I think it shows how much you've learned with WW's that you thought you overate, and yet it wasn't enough to gain-----but instead you lost weight.
and Keep up the good work.

Bandit, enjoy the and keep on keepin' on. You're doing great too.

I'm doing the best I can.
Judy
Old 04-11-2011, 10:30 PM   #33

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hi everyone. My day was so so. I was feeling really sluggish and drained. Didn't eat breakfast this morning so that definitely messed me up. Eating has been so so. Could have been better.

Princess congrats on the loss.

Itryharder I hope you get over your hives soon. I don't get hives but I have bouts with my ezcema, so non stop itching.

Okay well just a quick check in. Everyone have a goodnight.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:18 AM   #34

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All here's hoping Tuesday is a Great Day!!!

Feeling a lot better today, the sun is sort of shining here! Monday was not so bad 40 min cardio, eating pretty good, not enough water, I think I have a big jug I should dig it out and fill it in the am leave it on my desk. Then I will be sure to drink more, I think of it but am usually too busy to go get a glass.

Sounds like everyone is on the right track these last couple of days, whoever said we have to "persevere" (was on pg 2 if I look back I'll lose my post!) was right, we just have to keep at it. We can not quit! We have to move forward keep using the skills we are learning, and we will suceed it is not going to happen over night or be easy!!!!!! But if we "keep on keepin on" we will win this battle.

So today for me

Water big jug on desk drinking lots
Y tonight for aquafit
Already made a big salad for lunch.
Not quitting keep moving forward toward goal!!!!!

Terri--- update just got he big jug out and put it in my lunch bag!!!!

Last edited by terrod99 : 04-12-2011 at 08:20 AM. Reason: update
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #35

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Tuesday! Sunny but chilly day here today. DH has to work late tonight so I may try and get to an aquafit class... will see how the day goes. The dogs need to get out and get a walk in so maybe I will do that either instead or in addition to the gym.

My goals today are to get in as many trips up and down the steps as I can. Stay within my points.
Drink my water.
Make it out for a walk or to the gym.

Have a great day all!

Impossible is nothing!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #36

Good morning everyone and a very happy Wednesday to you all! Cool and clear here today which is a very wonderful thing! We had nice weather last evening too so I got the dogs out into the yard to help me with some gardening and then grabbed the leashes and took them to the park for a quick once around. Not great but a huge improvement to going home and basically sitting in front of the tv. I have knitting class tonight which is one of my favorite nights of the workweek... I usually go and meet a couple of gals at Chick-fil-a before hand and we have something to eat and then head over to class...

The nice weather is supposed to hold until Friday morning so I think that my cold weather starter plants are big enough to put in the ground so will take the chance and put them in tomorrow after work. The plants that we started from seed outside are all doing really well, I am surprised... LOL. The peas are coming up and the lettuce, spinach and kale all seem to be coming along, none of them are very big yet but the rain and cold weather sure don't seem to be bothering them. The plants that I started from seed inside are blooming pretty quickly so the cold weather ones need to get moved outside to the main garden and the warm weather ones to bigger pots.

I have a fiber festival to go to this weekend... it is in Greencastle, Indiana and about an hour away from where I live but the drive will be nice and I am eager to go and look around and spend some money on some really nice wool yarn... it has become my passion LOL.

Well that is about all for me right now... hope everyone is doing well and staying on track.

Has anyone tried any new recipes or dishes lately? I am getting stuck in a rut again with meals but with the warmer weather coming am looking forward to getting the grill out, cleaned and a fresh tank of gas hooked up!

Impossible is nothing!
Old 04-13-2011, 12:12 PM   #37

Sorry I have been MIA lately ladies. For some reason, maybe the heat we have had i am gaining weight. It is kind of getting me down. I am always so worn out and hurt so much that i am really uping the effort. I want to feel better. I am only 27 I should not feel like this. The past two days i have made the time to try some zumba routines. Not a whole lot but enough to get moving and get my heart pumping. Just thought i would stop in and say hello.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #38
Chick

Cherry, glad you stopped in to say hi. It's always good hearing from you. Keep up the good work with moving about!

Bandit, glad you got more exercise in again. Weigh to go! always pays off.

Princess, so glad you are loving your knitting classes. It's good to be involved with something you love. The fabric fair sounds so cool.

Today I had a 1.4# weight gain. When the hives started going away, I got unraveled and craved all sorts of food which I ate. ANd the scale went down! That shows that the inflammation from the hives has been holding me back. The hives returned, but now I'm ready for them to go away completely. That will be good and as they go away, I'll keep on my WW program with tracking, etc. One project I started that has been bugging me. LOL. I had a bunch of Christmas fabric that I wanted to make aprons from and so yesterday and the day before I started with a vengeance and made 8. I've got some hand sewing to do on four of them, but I'm feeling proud that I tackled this. Here's two new recipes:

Braciole
8braciole rolls, about 5oz. each
3T EVVO
2 onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
35oz. can plum tomatoes
1/2c. dry red wine
3T tomato paste
2bay leaves
water as needed
salt
crushed hot pepper flakes

In heavy pot, heat EVOO over med. heat. Stir in onions and garlic and cook about 5 min. Add as many of the braciole as will fit in a singe layer and cook, turning the braciole as necessary, until browned on all sides, about 7 min. Lower heat. Pour wine into pot, bring to boil and cook until most of the wine has evaporatead. Stir in the tomatoes (crushed) and bring to boil. Add tomato paste and bay leaves and stir till paste is dissolved. Season lightly with salt and crushed red pepper. Bring to simmer and cook, adding water as needed to keep braciole completely submerged, until beef is tender--about 3 hours.

This can be made up to 2 days in advance then reheat3ed over low heat.

One braciole is 7 points plus per serving.

My WW leader made this and served it with yolk-free noodles, asparagus and a salad.

Here's a great very low point plus dessert:

STRAWBERRY DELIGHT
4 cups thinly sliced strawberries
2 cups water
1 small box sugar-free cook and serve vanilla pudding
1 small box sf strawberry Jell-o

Mix water and pudding in large bowl. Microwave for 3 minutes and whisk to remove and lumps. Then microwave 3 minutes more. Add dry Jell0 and mix well. Set aside. Put sliced berries in pie plate and pour mix over them . Refrigerate until firm. Zero points plus value-----
(CAution from me-------I bet if you recipe build this it will have points plus---the reason I included it is it sounds pretty good and we're always looking for something different.)

Okay----I've used up much too much space. Take care. Be well and happy.
Judy
234.6/193.4/180's and thinner

Last edited by Itryharder : 04-13-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:03 PM   #39

S/C/G: 279/270/180

@Cherry aww hugs to you. It will get better. Trust me I know I am 28 and I have the feelings you are having some times.

So Sonics killed me the Chicken club toaster was 20 pts, which was pretty shocking to me. Which is what I had for lunch. I don't know why I was so shocked. So I finally made it to Zumba today. It wasn't that bad. I will definitely go back. I am feeling it a little bit in my legs though. Nothing much planned for tonight. I am suppose to have a CPR class tomorrow. But after I signed up the place never sent me my info or returned any phone calls so that has me a little ugh. Hmm that is about it. Hope everyone has a goodnight.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:14 AM   #40

Hey All Happy Thursday

Nice to hear from you Cherry! Just take baby steps and keep at it okay! That all we can do, don't give up!

Still have some sinus trouble, but I am keepin at it! Slowly, 40 min cardio Wed, still need more water, did well with it Tues, will do better today, eating pretty good.

Princess your weather must be great, we don't put anything in the ground here before May 24th weekend! Even that weekend has been known to be cold. They are calling snow flurries this weekend!

Life/Judy/Bandit Have a great day only 2 more work days til the weekend!!! Hope all is going well!!!

Terri
Old 04-14-2011, 08:56 AM   #41

Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! Cool and clear again here today. I have my meeting and W/I tonight, made some huge mistakes in eating this week and I am sure that it will show but will keep at it. I really need to just stop buying the crap even if DH asks for it... LOL, I am just too weak to stay away from it once it comes into the house.

Terri: Yeah, our frost date here is May 15th so that is when the warm weather plants can go in by (Tomotoes, peppers, cucumbers, etc) and we have those started in trays in the house but the cold weather plants like lettuces and peas, Broc and Cauliflower are able to handle the cold weather and soft freezes - this is our first year trying the cold weather plants so we are just learning as we go... LOL. I think we have to "Harden" the inside plants first though so they may not make it into the actual garden tonight... will see how it goes. We have a chance of flurries this weekend too... UGH.

Judy: I sure wish those hives would go away once and for all for you! You are doing really well though so keep your chin up and a huge congrats on the sewing project, that is awesome! I finished another blanket for the grandbaby last night and am trying to finish up a couple of other things that I have started before I start a really difficult knitting pattern... should be interesting, my teacher says I can do it so we will give it a shot!

Bandit: How has your week gone so far? Anything planned for the weekend? I am reading the book "The 19th Wife" it took a few pages or so before I really got into it but now I am really enjoying it... it would make a good summer read if you want to add it to your list.

Life: The eating out gets me every single time! I try to avoid it but can not always do that but I seem to pay for it no matter what choices I make but I still keep trying... LOL.

Cherry: So glad to see you back posting! Keep chugging along and you will see it click eventually... are you still following WW or have you tried something else?

I have to run but have a great day all!

Impossible is nothing!

Last edited by Princess1122 : 04-14-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:51 AM   #42

S/C/G: 220/207.75/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Glad you are all doing well and chiming in when you can.

Cherry - nice to see you back with us.

Judy - you'll knock that gain off in no time, gets frustrating though & hope
your hives are gone soon.

Princess - cool with the knitting, nice to have some hobbies.

Terri - I also heard on news this a.m. we might get some snow this weekend.
Really - enough is enough! My gf is coming back from Florida and is not
impressed with the forecast, oh well - hopefully the nice weather will be here soon.

I have exercised lots this week & have totally stayed on programme & my
scale has not budged, so that is not good. Tonight we have our weigh in & then it is Awards Night, so we will be having Swiss Chalet for our dinner.
We get 2 food functions per year, so tonight is one & then our Christmas dinner. Today at work we are having a celebration for one of the girls who is having a baby soon, so there will be cake later & one of the other ladies is bringing fruit/cheese plate. So today will be a food day - always something going on to challenge us.

So lets all do what we can, when we can!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:31 AM   #43

Bandit: Good luck tonight at W/I - I'll bet you have a loss when you get on the TOPS scale... maybe like what happened to me last week... Great job on a great week though no matter what happens on the scale!

Impossible is nothing!
Old 04-14-2011, 12:01 PM   #44

Terri - Our family has been fighting the sinus stuff for months. My little girl has had bronchitis and my boys had ear infections and i have had terrible sinus infections that just hold on.

Thanks everyone for the welcome back. I worry about my heart health when i start to feeling bad. My husband and I both have heart conditions in our family history and i am afraid we wont be here for our kids. You would think that it would be the motivation I need but I have a real problem with emotional eating. Anyway i am not going to give up. I am just going to try harder to make better choices.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:25 AM   #45

TGIF Turtles!!!

Another Friday off for me! Yeah !!! I am taking my mother shopping, we'll see how that goes... She is wanting to buy a new outfit, she has beeen very happy these days and like her normal old self.

Cherry I am feeling better today almost back to normal, hope you can find the strength to make better choices, just go slow small changes don't overwhelm yourself.

Bandit another sunny day today lets hope the weekend forecast is wrong!

Princess I had surgery last fall and took up reading again just hadn't made time for it for a few years other than magazines, I like to read historical romances!!! I had forgot how great it was to lose yourself and your time in a good book.

Life/Judy hope you guys are keepin at it!

I didn't go to the WW meeting this week, the girls at work are thinking we should do an at work program again, it is convenient. Things get so busy this time of year, I would rather spend my free time walking or at the gym, so will weigh myself at work Monday and report in. Did well yesterday, didn't eat the retirement cake went out for a 20 min walk at lunch, salad fruit for lunch, good dinner, needed more water but am doing better with that.

Have a great Friday gals
Terri
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.