#253 Bale of Turtles Doing What We Should!

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Good morning all and happy Wendesday to you all!

Not a very pretty day here today and they are calling for lots of rain over the the next few days and all weekend. Things are chugging along here, not much else is new.

I ate over my points yesterday, did take the steps but only worked for a half a day so am trying to get in extra trips up and down today. W/I tomorrow, not expecting much but would be happy with not having a gain at this point. Come Saturday the stress will be lower for me and I will focus on just holding my own until then.

Have a great day all!
  • Hi everyone

Sunny but cool up here but calling for rain later. Had a good day yesterday
    and stayed on track but didn't get in my walk. But I did prepare a chicken and rice dish for tonight. Brought my yoga stuff & will go directly there from work,
    so won't get sidetracked.

Princess - good luck tomorrow. My weigh in is Thurs as well and since I stayed same last week, hopefully will show abit of a weigh loss this week.

All - hope everyone is staying on track!
  • Hi Guys,
    I'm back from my meeting with a gain. Ugh. I had a good week as far as food, and I'm hoping that the high volume of veggies I had yesterday account for most of this gain. I had a good chance to get into the 180's this week, and that is removed once more. Ugh.

For all of us having a tough time because of circumstances, : to get through them. For all of us having a tough time, period,
    to all of us. We can do this. I know I have to shake up what I'm doing. Luckily the weather is sunny and dh and I are heading to the boardwalk.
    What I have to promise is that if we can't make the boardwalk, that I'll get on the

I'm running out the door as usual, but I read all your posts carefully and you're all in my heart.

Judy
    234.6/192/180's
  • Thursday Fly By!

Weigh in up a pound, not suprised thought it would be more,

Wed- reporting
    Not enough water -
    25 min walk at lunch +
    went to WW meeting+
    Frozen thin crust pizza for dinner ate too much- good eating the rest of the day+
    Went to Y this am 40 min cardio+
    I so want to get into the 180's we can do it!!!!!

Terri
  • Morning all and happy Thursday to everyone. I have my W/I and meeting tonight, the scale says I am up but I am not going to worry about it... Friday starts a new week for me and Saturday the stress level will be lower...

Hope that everyone has a great weekend, I will have limited access to get online due to travel but will get on when I can over the weekend.

Have a great day all!
  • Morning, turtles:

Judy/Terri/Princess - we are all struggling, so lets just do our best and get
    in some exercise & get our butts to our meetings.

Did my hot yoga last night and felt so good afterwards. There are times
    during the session that I think I might no get through the 90 minutes, but
    so far I have. Even though it is late having dinner, I had my chicken/rice
    dish all prepared so that helped not to just open fridge and start devouring
    everything in sight. I was soooooooooo hungry when I got home, next time
    I will bring alittle snack to tide me over but nothing too heavy, since I think it would just make me feel sick during workout.

Anyway, started off super foggy but now sunny, which always makes me feel good.

Weigh in tonight so hoping that is OK

Recently I have been eating Greek yogurt which I love. I just buy plain and
    added vanilla protein powder to it and is good breakfast & great way to get
    in protein. Since I have increased my protein, I feel so much better and stay
    full longer.

Anyway, have a good day & lets keep our "one day at a time" thing going!
  • TGIF

Off work again today, not feeling to enegetic, have a cold. Not suprised I work in a family doctors office! it is amazing that I rarely get sick.

Thursday pretty good day
    Y am 40 minutes cardio+
    lunch 25 min walk with the girls+
    eating well +
    not enough water-
    did not track-
    Bandit I eat 2 eggs for breakfast (thats all) and I feel full until lunch sometimes I have a banana mid morning if I have time. I think the protein is very important, I know if I have oatmeal I am starving by 10:30.

Judy/Princess/Bandit we are all going to use the power of positive thinking and move that scale down, think thin!!!! and we will be! it is going to happen, one day at a time.

Terri
  • Think Thin!!!!!! I like that. Okay, we can do this. This morning's scale was more favorable. Yay. Tonight going to friend's house for dinner. Will do my best.

: to all of us
    Aunt Loopy-----where are you? I miss you.
    Judy
  • Happy Friday. Thank goodness it is the weekend. So today has been so so. I had Chic Fil A for lunch the nuggets got me. I had to go fill in for a client so I had nuggets for lunch and one of their Char grilled salads for dinner it was okay.It was suppose to be the fruit but they gave me the wrong one. So my eating hasn't been so bad.

I haven't made it back to the gym yet, but I did get a work out today at my client's house. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Sunday is weigh in for me so time will tell for that one.
  • Happy weekend, turtles:

Beautiful up here today, was just out feeding my outdoor pets and it is a
    really nice day.

Was down 1# at my Thurs weigh in, so was happy with that. Next week
    is our awards night & we are ordering in Swiss Chalet so that will be a fun night. One of the ladies that joined last Oct has lost 60# & that is
    truly awesome - everyone keeps asking what she is doing and she says just watching portions and has "over indulgent meal" each week.

Terri - hope you feel better soon. Love the "think thin" !

Judy - glad to hear your scale is cooperating.

Life - good luck tomorrow at your weigh in.

Went to movies last night & seen Source Code and found that hard to follow.
    But did not have popcorn since had dinner beforehand, so that was an
    accomplishment for me.

Off dancing with my girlfriends tonight, so looking foward to that.

Have a good weekend, everyone!
  • Hi Turtles,
    Bandit, have fun dancing tonight!!!! :
    Weigh to go in losing another pound. That's great. Keep up the good work.
    It doesn't take turning around too much to get back on track. Glad you're doing it.

Terri, posting here is a good idea because even when we're not perfect, keeping in touch with each other helps us to remember what it is we want.
    for your positive attitude!!

Life4evr, your eating sounded fine. Keep on posting. We'll all get to goal!!

I have had a very odd weekend. Friday morning my weight was down a bit on the scale. Friday night I went to a friend's house with dh for dinner. She had fattening foods and I did okay, but not great. Odd----my hives seemed to be getting better. Today I had only a few hives, so I declined going to a party where there were hive-activating things in the environment and I've stayed home. My eating could have been better, but I am resting and praying that these hives go away. It's almost a year now, and it's very very old. Please send : my way. If I can finally knock out the hives, get to and eat well, I'll be on my way to goal. Right now I think I'm listening to too many experts. Now the ones who know are knocking ff dairy and encouraging people to eat full fat again----no processing. They say you stay full longer and eat less. I've never found that to be true. WW's isn't really working all that well for me right now, but to be fair I'd have to follow it exactly and see if that makes a difference.

You all take care, be well and happy and I'll keep on thinking about this stuff. I know I'll figure it out someday.

Princess, sigh and relax. Week's done!!
    Judy
    234.6/191.2/180's and thinner
  • Hope everyone had a good weekend. So today was weigh in I lost 0.6#. So I am happy and this even included having pizza Saturday night. I have fallen in love with the veggie lovers from pizza hut.

So I am trying to make a gameplan for next week. i have a wierd work schedule which I am growing tired of. So I am trying to stay sane until my other vacation at the end of this month. Hope everyone has a good weekend and a lovely Monday.
  • Hey All Happy Monday

Feeling a bit better, woke up with a sore neck, didn't go to bed with this. So trying to suck it up! Went to the Y this am for 40 min cardio, didn't work too hard but any is better than none right?

Made choc chip cookies with son yesterday! bad idea. oh well, I'm getting the exercise thing down maybe the eating will fall into place one day!

Judy sending "go away hives" vibes your way.
    Judy/Life/Bandit and Princess keep on keepin on and we will win this battle!

Thinking Thin!
    Terri
  • Life4evr, :
    Weigh to go on your weight loss! Proof that even when things in our lives aren't going exactly the way we want, we can perservere like the turtle in the race and get to our goals. Good for you, Life4evr.

Terri, thanks for the good vibes. Hives are fading and I'm hopeful. They aren't gone yet, but it feels like they are going away.
    Good reminder that we'll win this battle. Today will be an excellent day for me. I promise that to myself.

We go, gals@@!!!!!!
    Judy
  • Good morning everyone and a very happy Monday to you all! We are having some cruddy weather here today, it was not too bad over the weekend but not great either... Spring in the mid-west is an ever changing thing! The weekend is over, got some nice time in with DH and some alone time and I really needed that.

Went to W/I on Thursday and it was the first week that I was the acting secretary so that was different for me... I was prepared for a gain, had my mind set that it was ok - move on and get over it... turns out I was down .8 so I was very pleased about that! Food over the weekend was not great and I did not get in any exercise but over all it could have been way worse!

Judy: Really hoping, praying and wishing that you see those hives go away here really soon! Take care of you!

Bandit: Huge congrats on your loss and thanks for the movie tip, I like to go and see a movie once in a while but hate paying such a high price to see a bad movie or one that you would have been better off waiting until it came out on rental.

Life: Congtats on the .6 - I will have to try the veggie lovers!

Terri: Yep, the cookie baking gets me every time... LOL - hope your neck feels better!

Loopy, Nancy, Cherry: How are you guys doing? Chime in when you can!