#251 Bale of Turtles Welcoming March!

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Hi turtles - lots of rainey weather but at least the tempertures are rising.

I "turtled" this week at my meeting, so was happy not to be up any since
    I didn't get in my exercise. So next week my goal is get back to my walking
    and just do abit better with my food choices than I have been.
    My ex is now back at his place so he is doing well & gets the staples out
    next Wed & they should know when his next surgery will be - probably in a few weeks. Good to get that over with.

So tonight am going out with my girlfriends first to Swiss Chalet then onto
    our favorite dance, so should be fun.

Princess - too bad about your gain this week but am sure TOM had lots to do with that. It is amazing how quick that darn scale can go up. With me if I have too much salty things & bread I gain very quickly.

All - good luck this week. We change the clocks tonight so will have more
    daylight which is nice.
  • Hey All Happy Monday! The Sun is suppose to shine!

Bandit I turtled also, (I think I was really down about .5 lbs but with the rounding up and down business you know!) I haven't got in too much exercise either. Hope you had fun at your dance!

Will be doing lots of walking over the next 2 days. The boys and I are going to Toronto. We are taking the train so +++ walking. Staying at a hotel attatched to the Eaton Centre, will go to the Art Gallery, maybe museum, not sure about the CN tower oldest son is afraid of heights!! So it will be fun!! Will have to be very disciplined ! I am going to plan for a few treats!

Hope you all stay well for the next few days! Will check in when I get back.

Terri
  • Good morning all and happy Monday! Sleepy today, it takes me at least a few days to get used to the time change - I loved when I first moved to Indiana -the fact that they did not change their clocks with daylight savings, then someone got it into their head that we should so a few years ago they changed it so now we do and we go with the Eastern time zone which makes it hard, we are too far west and should have been put with the Central time zone but they didn't and now during the summer months it is daylight till approx 10:00 PM which is just nuts. Oh well!

Busy weekend for me, food was ok but could have been better, went with D-DIL to a baby shower and did not make the best choices but there was very little to pick from and I was hungry which is totally my mistake. I did get in some yard work but no real exercise so will keep working on that.

DH and I are going to do a spring crop of vegetables this year, never have done it before so it will be an experience.

Bandit: A turtle is not bad at all.... glad you have your home back to yourself again, good luck this week!

Good luck everyone and hope you all have a wonderful week!
  • Morning turtles:

It is a nice sunny day up here but it is cool. I am all physed up for this week,
    and am going to have a few "extra light" eating days & get back to my walking & hot yoga as well. I feel I need to really buckle down since the last few weeks I have definately been overdoing it & if I don't get things back
    to a regular routine it will be too hard to stay on programme.

Terri - have fun in Toronto, that is a fun place with soooooo much to do.

Princess - I think they should just leave the times alone as well. Always something to slow us down & zap our energy.

All - lets everyone have a great week!
  • Morning everyone. I am weighed in yesterday I was up 1.3#. So not bad but not exactly great. Will check in later I am scheduled to go home in like two more days. I am feeling really bloated for some strange reason. Not a good feeling at all. Hope everyone has a good day.
  • Hi Turtles,
    I really appreciate the Turtles. These last few days have been ridiculous for me. I've been bingeing for days now. Today I am going to stay on track. I'll be visiting my nephew in ICU today. I know that's part of the stress. It just seems like lots of things got rocky, so I'm going to take my own advice and take it one baby step at a time.

to all who are doing well by losing weight and/or trying hard.
    We're a great group of women and can do this!
    Judy
    234.6/?/180's and thinner
  • Had an interesting experience at our church potluck yesterday. It had been years since the last time that I had a carbonated drink. It used to always upset my stomach. (I used to be severely lactose-intolerant, too, but I've noticed that when I'm eating right, I can get away with store-bought yogurt, for instance. I still use Lactaid milk, but it's nice to be able to get cheap yogurt from the grocery instead of having to go direct to the dairy.)

Anyways, there was Diet 7up sitting there. And usually I'd be running away from it as fast as possible. But this time, I just had the feeling that I ought to drink it. It was delicious! And I had no after-effects at all.

I'll be the first one to admit that I'm not Ms. Natural. I eat lots of "diet foods" that aren't perfect -- stuff with too much salt or artificial sweeteners, for example. But compared to what I used to eat, things are definitely better.
  • Happy Monday turtles!

Rained all weekend here so that was kinda a downer but it is ok.

Well weigh in for me was a shock up 3# this week, part in due to a few bad choices but I think the biggest is the dr. has put me on steriods for a sinus infection and that will make you bloat up...almost done with those drugs thank goodness but still working on the jaw. There is some imporvement but I am far from actually using my front teeth to bite or open wide enough to put a bite of sandwitch in.

bandit2 sounds like you had a blast
    terrod99 what fun! wish I could get away like that LOL
    Princess1122 you will love growing your own veggies...I grow peppers, tomatios and fresh herbs on my balcony each spring and summer
    life4evr I was up too it will go away...repeat...it will go away
    AuntLoopy I know what you mean about carbonated drinks I avoid them too but every now an then (maybe 2 a year) I have a small amount...and to think at one point in my life I was a 2L a day diet coke drinker..
  • Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! A very rainy and cold day here today but they are calling for warmer temps to head our way at the end of the week so I am thrilled about that!

Busy week for me with knitting, TOPS and my book group is starting up again so I have something every evening this week. I was asked to lead the discussion/lesson at TOPS this week which I really was not ready to do but since no one else is stepping up I will just do the best that I can and move on.

Judy: I hear you and I feel your pain! Just take a step at a time and shake it off, forget about those binge days - they don't matter anymore... today is what matters, then tomorrow, then the next day... one step at a time, one day at a time. We are all here with you! I hope that your family member is on the mend quickly... stress from a loved one with an illness is hard, just take care of yourself thru this whole thing.

Bandit: Sounds like you are busy and active... that is wonderful. I had the chance to try a hot yoga class for free but they day that it was offered I had a conflict so will try and go here soon to try one even if there is a charge.

Nancy: DH and I do a warm/hot weather veggie garden every year and have a huge amount of harvest from it - enough to share with friends and neighbors. This is the first year that we are doing a cold/cool weather crop though, things like peas, cauliflower, broccoli, lettuce, etc. It is a tricky process, things need to go into the ground at just the right time or they will die so we are working on figuring it all out, small window of opportunity though. Glad you are feeling a bit better!

Loopy: I don't drink soda pop hardly at all, I am more of a water and iced tea drinker but totally understand what you are saying about things that used to bother you no longer having the same effect... funny how that works!

Life: Not a bad gain at all... especially when you are away from home! Safe travels to you!

Terri: Turtles are not bad at all most of the time... LOL - better than a gain. Have a great time with your children and enjoy your vacation time!
  • Hi Turtles,
    Princess, thanks for the pep talk. I was able to rein in the eating yesterday. Some of the weight gain was salt, but some I'll have to chip away at again. You are right! I've got today to work with and I can do this today. I've got a good soup made and now I'm heading to the kitchen to make breakfast. Then later this morning I'll go to my writing workshop and have a great time.

All the Turtles: be well and happy and keep on keepin' on!
    Judy
    234.5/?/180's and thinner
  • Good morning turtles!
    it proimises to be a blustery day here but hopefully the last of the storms are moving out of the area and we will start to dry out.
    I went over my points by 8 yesterday just was making bad choices but this morning I am starting out right. Just finished a nice juicy orange and now am going to "induldge" in some egg beaters and veggie sasuage in a cup....Lunch a turkey wrap with ffcream cheese, onion on 100 cal tortilla..snack another piece of fruit and dinner some baked cod and brocolli yummy!

I do so much better if I can plan my meals out at least a day in advance
  • Morning, turtles:

Nice to see everyone chiming in and keeping on track.

I had a great day yesterday, totally OP and got in a mile walk at lunch & another 3 miles last night at the centre. So felt good about that.

Tonight is hot yoga which I missed last week, so looking forward to that.

All - lets all journal faithfully this week & get in our water. All those little extras that we kind of forget about, add up quickly.

Have a great OP day!
  • Hey All Back To Reality!!!

Had a great 2 days with the boys.Ate too much, ate the wrong things! Walked a million miles, should have worn a pedometer probably wouldn't feel so guilty about the food I ate if I knew how far we walked! We did swim in the pool too!
    My feet are killing me I went for fashion instead of comfort and wore boots!

So hoping for a turtle this week at the scale think I will wait until Saturday to weigh in! Get rid of the salt first! Husband is away until Friday so won't need to make big meals for son and I which is good will keep it simple, low cal, low fat = low point!!!

Bandit A hot yoga studio is opening 2 doors down from the Weight Watchers office, they are having a free week so I am going to try it!!!

Sounds like everyone is having an OK week so far. Ups and downs are the reality of life. We must remember that as Judy says ---- We are a great group of women and together we can do this!!!! It will be slow and steady! With a few set backs here and there but we will succeed!!!!

Mini Goals!
    1. Water +++++++
    2. Exercise- Y at least 2 x before Sat.
    3. No Junk food!!!!!!
    4. Tell myself everyday I can do this!!!!!

Have a great Wednesday Turtles!

Terri
  • Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all. The sun is supposed to come out this afternoon so that will make a nice change! Warmer temps are on the way too! Food has been ok for me this week but I have been very hungry in between meals, I have tried to bulk up my lunches with raw veggies and that has helped some but not much. Will just keep at it and try and make up some veggie soup this weekend to have on hand for next week. Exercise has been limited to taking the steps a few times a day and quick walks on my lunch... I need to step that up!

Went to book club last night, for our first book we are going to read "The 19th Wife" by David Ebershoff - should be interesting if nothing else... LOL. Hoping this book club takes off better than the last one!

Bandit: Sounds like you have it together and are on plan! Awesome! Are you going to do any veggies or flowers in your garden this year?

Judy: Sounds like you got back on track quickly... wonderful! How about you... are you going to do any veggies in your garden this year?

Terri: Welcome home! Sounds like you had a great time! I am sure it will be a turtle at the scales with all of the walking that you did!

Nancy: Your menu sounds great! I love the lunch wrap idea!

Lizzy: How are you doing? Have you been taking lots of trips to the dog park lately with the nicer weather moving in?

Loopy: Hope you are having a good week! Anything new in your neck of the woods?

Life: Hope you made it home safe and sound... how was your trip?

Have to run everyone, have a great on-plan day!
  • Morning, turtles:

Terri - I am sure you will enjoy the yoga, for the first time the instructor
    said to just try & stay in room for the whole class & just do what you can.
    So don't get discouraged if you can't do what everyone else is doing, just keep thinking how great you will feel afterwards. Heads up on some of the
    breathing noises some people make getting warmed up & cooled down. I still find it strange. Anyway, enjoy!
    Glad you had a great trip in Toronto - I go up to visit my dd often & by the end of the day my feet are done, I cannot believe how much walking we do.

Princess - My girlfriend planted lots of flowers last year that come up each year but I have never planted veggies, I know some people even do tomatoes
    in planters. Maybe I'll ask her about the veggies - I know she usually plants
    things at her trailer. Also, adding some protein with all your meals should
    keep you feeling full longer.

So walked another mile yesterday at lunch, then did hot yoga last night and
    still completely on track for this week. BUT, tomorrow night the ladies are
    going out for St. Patricks day & that could be challenging. On the upside,
    I have my weigh in before going out.

Judy - having soup on hand is such a good idea.

All - hump day, lets have a OP one.