Old 03-09-2011, 07:23 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Happy Hump Day (Wednesday) Turtles!

Week is going fast haven't had time to think at work very busy! Makes the day pass quickly.

Lizzie/Princess the pool is great to have! A lot of people belong to fancy gyms around here but the good ol YMCA has everything, ours is brand new just built 2 years ago (the old one was built probably around 1900!) so its great! Tons of classes for all levels and for members most of the classes you can drop in and try, if it doesn't work for you, than you try something else.

Loopy- Hope you are healing! and that your home has been repaired nothing worse than construction mess!

Bandit Hope your house guest is behaving- we are in for a messy day today lots of snow and then rain!!!!

Nancy It is an awful way to lose weight but I bet you have! Hope your mouth is better soon.

Life- you are off on your trip today, don't be nervous you'll be fine!! Hope you got everything into the carryon!

Weigh in tonight trying to think thin!!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #32  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

to Nancy. That is horrible about your tooth/jaw, etc. Are you able to spoon yogurt? Cottage cheese? How about putting eggbeaters or any pasteurized egg in milk with vanilla and making a shake? I'll try to think of some more foods that might work. : for fast healing.

Terri, good luck on you WI today. Thinking thin is a good way to think.:

Cherry, I think it is wonderful that you have maintained the weight you've lost. Keep thinking WW's and chime in whenever you can. :

Aunt Loopy, how are you feeling? I'm so sorry you were hurt. What a horrible experience. Your sense of humor overcame the real pain and disruption, but you know we're all worried about you, right? for your fine attitude.

Life4evr, have a good trip!

Lizzie, that water exercise sounds good. I should stop being so lazy and investigate it here in NY. MY day is filled with so many activities and right now the boardwalk walking with my dh gives me time with him and exercise, so that's a good thing.

Bandit and Princess, both ex and hubby giving up cigarettes! Whew! Here's a to get you through. My dh gave up smoking a very long time ago. His and my biggest problem remains eating too much, but we're working on it.

I've got my WI at WW's this morning, and I'm hoping for a loss. My home scale is good, so I've got my fingers crossed.
Everybody, have a great day. be well and happy.
Judy
234.6/191.4/180's and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:42 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone - we are suppose to get some more nasty weather up here, but
am hoping most of it will miss us.

Week going good, hubby is behaving and resting lots, so thats a good thing.
Not nice he has to go through this again next month, but won't worry about that til the time comes.

My eating has been better this week but haven't been getting in any exercise,
so hopefully by the weekend I will have more time to get back at it.

Terri - good luck at your weigh in tonight!

All - sending "skinny vibes" for your upcoming weigh ins.

Stay warm
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:14 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi all and happy Wednesday to everyone! Very gloomy here, lots of rain and cold temps... I have my knitting class tonight but will keep an eye to the sky just incase the rain picks up speed, then I will stay home because we flood at the drop of a hat so would want to be there to shut down power, make sure the dogs are ok, etc.

Welcome to Nancy! Glad to have you with us and best wishes for a speedy recovery on your dental work.

Bandit: Good luck at W/I tomorrow night - I have got in lots of stairs this weekend and a walk with D-DIL and the baby last evening, but nothing major, food was terrible over the weekend but back on plan as of Monday-ish. How did your elections go? Did you get voted in to a position? With your success I am sure they are eager to get you into a leadership position...

Judy: Yep, there are so many vices and crutches out there that we all seemed to get hooked on, food, tabacco, etc. Your DH and you are doing great though and make a good team!

Lizzie: The leaders that I have listened to have always said that about the WP also, they are there for a reason. Have a great week!

Terri: I love our Y here, it is just too expensive, crazy - I know, but our LA Fitness is way cheaper and has much better classes, equipment, etc. I need to get in there for a couple of Aquafit classes, much better for my knee then the stairs are.

Cherry: Glad to hear from you, no gain is good, a loss would be great so hop back on the wagon as soon as you can!

Loopy: How are you doing? Things calmed down there for you at all?

Life: Are you ready for your trip? Do you have plans for where you are going or is just a relaxation vacation?

Have to run but have a great day all!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #35  
Chick

Hi All,
Just back from my WI. I was down 1.2# this week which puts me 43.8# down from my start so many years ago.
I'll take it. I'm only .3# away from being in the 180's, so I have high hopes for this week. You know, I've got the "want to do it now" cheering me on, so it's up to me to make good decisions to get this weight off.

Good luck to all of us! Keep on keepin' on and drink that water (sound like Bandit? It's supposed to.)
Judy
234.6/190.2/180's and thinner!!!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 07:05 AM   #36  

Hey All we got hit with awful weather just cold enough to ice the roads then put snow on top, huge pile at the end of the lane way! My drive home that usually takes 7 minutes was about a 20 min white knuckle one. Anyway no school buses today even in the city that doesn't happen too often. Didn't go out to WW but will go after work Friday.

Judy I'm so happy you are almost under the 180!! That is so great I know you will be there next week!

Life Hope the weather was good south of the border and you made it to your destination!

Princess now we are getting the rain for the next few days so we will be battling the water too! Too bad your Y is expensive ours you pay monthly so it is very managable, they even have funding for families that can't pay very much, based on your income. Between WW and The Y it adds up but I am worth it!!!! and we have a family membership at the Y so everyone can go for about $90 a month!

Bandit How's the weather up the 115? Snow or rain? Thinking happy thoughts for you! Hope your week is going well.

Thinking Thin!!!! Hoping you are all doing the same!
Terri

Judy
Old 03-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles

Terri - my drive home last night was terrible, very slippery for most of the way. This a.m. was just wet but foggy in a few places. I am about 20 min
west of the 115 and go to work usually on #7. Now we will get lots of
rain for the next few days.

Had chicken lasagna last night for dinner & it was delicious. It was P/C
and for 1/4 of tray (which is nice size) it was 370 calories which wasn't bad
considering it had lots of meat/veggies/sauce. Also had a salad with that.

All - hope everyone is doing well & staying dry!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #38  

Morning all and happy Thursday! Another gloomy day here and colder - Summer will be here soon!

W/I and meeting tonight at TOPS - not expecting a loss, TOM showed up last night, no stopping mother nature. Will take whatever it is and keep moving forward.

Safe travel and happy weigh ins to everyone!

Judy: Congrats!
Old 03-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #39  
Crazy Avon Lady!

S/C/G: See tracker in signature

Hi all!

Sorry for the delay in getting back online. It's been a crazy week, with no end in sight. My chaplain trainee serving at another nursing home caught the flu, so I've been doing double shifts. We have a revival at church this weekend, so I'm preparing multiple sermons and I do all of our dessert baking, LOL! (You can bet that they don't expect male ministers to sew their own vestments plus paraments for the altar, either!)

Made it briefly to WW yesterday, down another 2.2 pounds for a total of 16.0. Not too surprised, given that I've been doing the home repairs as well as all the other stuff. The place is 100% back to normal; I just finished repainting the bathroom. I still have two black eyes, but the skin rash is gone. My back is so-so; but I'm made of sturdy stuff.

Anyways, I won't be around from today till at least Monday. It's gonna be a long weekend; the revival meetings are part of a regional conference, and we're the host city this year. Yikes!

See you all again soon...
AuntLoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #40  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Hi All!
Thank you so much for the welcome and encourging words about my jaw. Between that and the sinus infection you would think I would really have lost my appitite..but it is comming back with a bang LOL. I am feeling a bit more movement with my jaw now that he has me on a muscle relaxer and tranq but I donlt want to force movement that only pinches the nerve more.

Aunt Loppy glad things are flowing a bit better even though you have a busy week ahead of you make sure you slow down enough to take of yourself

brandit chicken lasagna sounds so good right now, you will have to forward me your recipe

Itryharder congrasts you are soooo close

Everyone else stay in and stay dry and warm! I am so glad winter is giving one last kick our way then I hope it does not come back until next november
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:36 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Too tired to comment to everyone individually. Hope everyone is doing well.

I made it here safely. I managed to get everything into my carryon. I may have to do laundry while i am here. I missed my last connecting flight. The plane left late and had to travel across a huge airport. So i got on a flight that was like 2 hours later and that one had the nerve to be late. I made a trip to see my bestfriend, her oldest, and the new baby I made the blanket for. So not quite as relaxing. I try to help her with the little one. My eating has been so so. But I am still a little hungry. She doesn't keep a whole lot of snacks around so that is good. That's about it. Will try to check in later.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:09 AM   #42  

TGIF Turtles! So glad it is Friday!

Must weigh in today! Don't want to not sure how that is going to go! Lazy the last 2 days, I'm tired, haven't slept well. Eating has been pretty good. I Need to drink more water.

Glad everyone is having a pretty good week. Not much going on here just rain!!!

Terri
Old 03-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #43  
Chick

Aunt Loopy, another fabulous : what with good eating and all that exercise you are ripping through these numbers. WEigh to go! I am so happy for you that you decided to give WW's a chance. You're doing great!!!!!

Terri, we all have those feelings. This has been a particularly tough winter and the blahs keep on catching me. Good luck at your WI!

Life4evr, sorry your trip was so tough. I really dislike flying and avoid it as much as I can. I even drive to NC from NY to see my sisters. Crazy, but the airline connections take an entire day, too. Glad you got everything into your carryon. Have a wonderful visit with your friend. I bet they love the baby blanket you made.

Princess, keep on keepin' on! You're the best. Here's for fun!

Bandit, I nominate you for ex-wife of the world. What a trooper you are! It's nice to see such kindness. Here's : to keep you on track with your eating.

Cherry, I'm ready to do baby steps again. Want to join in?

Nancy, how is you jaw coming along?

I had a dopey day yesterday, but today is a new day! A bit of unsettlement in my dh's family is causing stress, but I know I can get through it. Everybody have a good weekend. I'm making corned beef and cabbage for our St. Patty's day party tomorrow. It should be fun! I'm looking forward to some laughs. Gotta run-----but congrats to all the weight losses here and to keep us all going!
JUdy
234.6/190.2/so close to 180's and thinner
Old 03-11-2011, 12:42 PM   #44  

Hi all and Happy Friday! Very happy that it is the end of the week!

Went to W/I last night and like I thought I was way up! 2.8 lb gain! UGH! I knew that food was bad last weekend and it caught up to me and then some due to TOM. Oh well, moving on!

I have to fly, super busy today but wanted to pop in quick and say hello!
Old 03-11-2011, 11:05 PM   #45  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Happy Friday to everyone too.

Did not make some great food choices yesterday or today but will be back on track tomorow. Well almost, taking my mother out to an italian resturant for her 77th birthday...you go mom!

So if I have a gain this week I am ok with it.

The jaw is showing slight improvement I actually bit into a piece of cucumber this afternoon...of course my front teeth did not even come close to touching but I manage to bite off a piece of food....that is a big deal right now

will check in later
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote