3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers > WW Clubs and Groups

#250 Bale of Turtles Keepin' On!

Old 03-01-2011, 10:20 AM   #46

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, this is just a quick fly-by to say hello, I will have to catch up with everyone later on. Was home yesterday dealing with a flooded basement due to some really bad storms that came thru our area sunday night so very busy today. Have to run!

Impossible is nothing!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:14 PM   #47

S/C/G: 204/204/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Getting Back on Track

Hello Turtles - Happy March to everyone.

I guess I've been out of touch for a while - no excuse - just not following plan.

I'm headed to my WI as I finish this post. It's been a few weeks - so guess I would call this starting over "again"!

Anyway - I figure the first day of a new month is always good for a fresh start - I'll be in touch soon!

Lizzie

Mini-goals
1. Track
2. Water
3. Exercise
FetchLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #48

OK Ladies - back from WI and pleasantly suprised! I am back at where I was after my first WI - so not too bad after all.

So - starting over at 193 pounds

Lizzie

Mini-goals
1. Track
2. Water
3. Exercise
Old 03-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #49
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Fetch LIzzie,
That is great news. I think the WW training gets into our head and when we are "not completely on program" we are still doing pretty well. Glad you had a great :! Good to have you chiming in again.
Judy
Old 03-01-2011, 07:59 PM   #50
Loopy Chaplain

S/C/G: See tracker in signature

Height: 65 inches and shrinking, yay menopause!

Hi all! Wow, did I find some cool stuff while shopping today!

The DH has been noticing that recovering from his colon-tumor surgery is less painful when he's getting a lot of fiber. Also, he doesn't want to ever go through this again (surgery to remove a fist-sized tumor, which proved to be formerly-malignant but "dead" by the time of the surgery, praise God!). Suddenly he has a very deep interest in the fiber content of foods. And since fiber is one of the factors in lowering the points value of foods, I'm inclined to be interested in it also.

So there's a kind of pasta (Ronzoni Healthy something-or-the-other, I'm not at home right now) that saves a point per serving (4 points for 2 ounces!!) because of the fiber content. Yowza! Also found some whole grain white bread (no points savings, but the DH can't stand dark bread of any kind). And "lite" orange juice from Minute Maid which brings my nightly snack of 1 cup frozen orange juice down to a single point per serving!

Lately I've gotten myself adapted to lite mayo and low-carb tortillas too. So the points bargains are everywhere now.

Also, I don't know if you remember the Weight Watchers bakery desserts (not the frozen ones from Smart Ones; these are usually found either next to the Weight Watchers bread, or near the Twinkies and other boxed pastries) that used to be 1 point. Well, they're only 2 points in the new system, which is quite the bargain also. Much tastier and more satisfying than the meeting-room "mini bars" etc., and less points than the frozen desserts. They're a great way to use up a couple of points after all the healthy guideline boxes have been ticked each day.

Anyways, we are both carb addicts. And Points Plus is designed to lower the daily intake of net carbs. So every bread-type item that we can find in a lower-points version is a blessing to us.

My hubby's eventual goal is to go completely off Metamucil (because what is yuckier than that stuff???) and get his doctor-recommended 20 grams of fiber entirely from food. With careful planning, this is a do-able goal for most days. The fiber-added white bread will encourage him to take his lunch to work also, instead of relying on the cafeteria (which has been a problem in his sticking to the WW program because he gets a little crazy when he eats there, because it's company-subsidized and the portions are HUGE).

Anyways, I had the time to do some real in-depth shopping today (which is fairly rare, given that I am the chaplain to two nursing homes now, plus my church's youth pastor, a "circuit rider" for the local church district, and a clergy continuing-education instructor) and it paid off with lots of new stuff to renew my motivation to stay on program.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:17 AM   #51

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey Turtle Gals !

Aunt Loopy It is great to have time while shopping to figure out the points values, makes for an easier and "lighter" week!

Princess I understand about the water in the basement we have a century home and Sunday was raining all day, so water here too, Welcome Spring!

Lizzie Good for you for staying the same! Great news.

Weigh in tonight hoping for a little loss! I have made so many good changes, I know I have lost inches so won't be upset if the scale doesn't move, Didn't gain the weight over night! But boy it sure motivates you when it does go down!
Found a new snack Presidents Choice Rice tortilla chips chili flavour- the taste just like doritos! Too good, but the guys like them too, so if the bag is open they will finish it, which is good for me! Very yummy. Definitely worth the points 6 for a serving.

So have a great Wed. Girls !

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #52

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi all and a very happy March Wednesday to you all... this is just another quick fly-by as it is another crazy day here at work and afterwards also... DH has picked up a second job in the evenings doing consulting work for a new company so I will have to pick up his slack at home which is fine it just makes me run a bit faster than I already am... LOL.

I have been reading all of the posts that I can, heres to those of us that are struggling for one reason or another, heres to those that are moving in the right directions... and last but not least, heres to March for finally getting here!

Warm weather will be here soon... where do we all want to be when it finally does get here?... a little lighter, a little leaner, in a little better shape? YES, for me to all of them so I need to get my butt in gear somehow, I have started taking the steps at work... and I work on the fifth floor, but it is a start along with the mid-day strolls in the halls... food has been hard so I have to do SOMETHING to get my mojo back... it is a start.

What are you going to do to get your mojo back?

Impossible is nothing!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:26 PM   #53

Still lurking guys. Looks like everyone is doing good.

lizzie- I need to start over to.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #54
Loopy Chaplain

S/C/G: See tracker in signature

Height: 65 inches and shrinking, yay menopause!

Heya Princess! Your post reminded me that I get the blahs in winter too. I've been too busy lately to notice (except when I have to shovel the ****) but my DH was all tickled this morning because he noticed that the sun was up when the alarm clock rang. It makes it easier to get moving.

There are two things that I miss in wintertime: (1) taking my dog, who is a retired hunting dog, to a place along the Delaware River where he can swim and bark at the geese and ducks, and (2) when the weather's sunny, my residents all get to go outside to the rose garden. Seeing them all in their sunglasses and straw hats always makes me glad; I keep similar attire in my office and join them whenever I have a free moment at work.

Getting ready for a W/I this afternoon. I'm feeling puffy for some reason. Hoping that it's all in my head, because I've followed the program reasonably well this week. I feel as if I've been looking over my shoulder this week, waiting for something to go wrong in my weight loss, because it's been so consistent lately.

I'm also getting ready to be cleared for an exercise program, and our physical therapy department is itching to get ahold of me! I've never been particularly sedentary for my age/size/health, but neither have I ever "exercised" officially. I've been joining the Alzheimer's patients for chair exercises lately, which actually gets me out of breath if I take it seriously. Can't decide whether it's the pericarditis, or I'm actually getting aerobic! 8)
Old 03-02-2011, 01:10 PM   #55
Chick

real fast---I was down 1/2# this WW WI this morning. There is hope that I can lose weight!
Judy
Old 03-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #56

Good Morning Turtles -

It is a beautiful day here in Colorado! The sun is shining and I've already been out to the doggie park with my 2 girls for some exercise!

Feeling very positive about getting back on track with PP. And to get my MOJO back - I have a new timeline for reaching my goal weight. We are planning a trip to Hawaii for January 2012 Of course - getting there sooner would be great as well

I'm going to visit my Mom next week before I have to go back to work on March 21st.

It's nice to be back - have a great day everyone!

Lizzie

Mini-goals
1. Track
2. Water
3. Exercise
Old 03-02-2011, 02:37 PM   #57

Default Yummy sounding recipe!

Hey Turtles - I've got to get away from my computer!

But wanted to tell you about a recipe that was just on Rachel Ray! She had the Galloping Gourmet on (he and Julia Child were regulars at my house when I was growing up!)

He made a sauce with carrots & fat-free evaporated milk. 1pound of carrots softened in 1 cup ff milk - then puree it for 4 minutes - add a dash of dijon mustard, cumin, chili powder & worcsteshire(sp) sauce. Pour it over cooked cauliflower or pasta - sprinkle with parmesan and paprika and put under the broiler to brown.

It looked delicious! And the only points that I see (if you use cauliflower) is the milk & parmesan! I'm trying this tonight!

Lizzie

Mini-goals
1. Track
2. Water
3. Exercise
Old 03-02-2011, 06:17 PM   #58
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I've had time to catch my breath and I'm back at the computer.
First off: My WW leader said this: If you are combining zero point plus foods and aren't overprocessing them, count it as zero point plus. Make sure to eat only when you are hungry, and if you have a vat of "something" made up of zero points plus foods, make sure you only eat one serving. I think that makes sense, but I'm going to go easy on the veggies I know have higher calories even though right now they may be zero point foods.

Terri, so glad you've got your mojo back!

Loopy, the WW monthly pass is a great tool. On it you can chart your weight loss and see exactly when you did very well, etc. Also loads of recipes and scientific articles that are helpful. Thanks for all the good shopping you're doing. The tips are great. Also congrats on getting close to being able to and . You're doing great.

Princess, sorry to hear about your basement. I like your idea of thinking ahead to what we want now that we're in March. My mini goal remains to get myself into the 180's on the scale. I hope to do that soon. If I try real hard this week and I should be able to do that this week.

Lizzie, going to Hawaii is fabulous! Having a year to prepare and think ahead is a plus, I think. It can be your focus for looking your best and being able to do any physical activities you want while you're there.

Bandit, how are you doing? Sending : for your ex.

I feel great. When I was at WW's a friend gave me a bag of vegetable she had cooked up and shared with me. The first one I tasted and devoured was a cooked mix of diced carrots and turnips and loaded with dill. Absolutely delicious. She simply blended the veggies once she had them cooked and added the spice. I am very lucky to have such a nice group of gals in my meeting. Lots of them are lifetime members and I watched them struggle but reach goal. I can do this too!

Good luck to us all. Have a great day!
Judy
234.6/191.4/180's and thinner

Last edited by Itryharder : 03-02-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:23 AM   #59

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Glad everyone is doing so well. I had one of those days that I just could not seem to get full. I am feeling a lil blah so my iron levels are probably low again. So it was nice outside today, but I couldn't take a walk because the swing in the weather and temperature has my allergies/sinuses messed up.

So still trying to get in some form of exercise and pack for my trip to Tx on Wed. Because I know me I will wait till the last minute and I am scheduled to work till right before I leave.

Off to get some bed. Have a goodnight.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:12 AM   #60

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All feeling light and airy! Was feeling great yesterday, told myself and the WW leader didn't matter what the scale said, I had a great week food and excercise, if scale didn't move I wasn't going to be upset, so was very happy when it said I lost 2.5 lbs.

The sunshine is sure lifting everyones spirits, there is hope that winter will be over soon! Side walks are icy here, it is going to be above zero the rest of the week so hopefully they melt.

Everyone does seem to have there ups and downs,(scale and life!) we just have to remember that we are not alone we all are travelling this journey together! And we will succeed, we are determined and will not give up, I am doing this! It may take a year or who knows how long but I will keep trying!!!

Have a great Thursday gals!
Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.