3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers > WW Clubs and Groups

#250 Bale of Turtles Keepin' On!

Old 02-22-2011, 08:32 AM   #16

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and a very happy Tuesday to you all! Winter is back here in the mid-west as I guess it is most everywhere... the warm temps and sunny sky is gone but it will come back soon, that is what I keep telling myself and I also bought a couple of spring potted flowers for the kitchen table and it is wonderful to look at them and think that soon summer will be here.

Eating is iffy and no exercise so far this week... I am still chugging along though!

Cherry: Great to see your post! Good luck with the move, those are stressful and hard but I have faith that you will get thru it!

Loopy: Wow! I grew up in Pa Dutch country so I totally understand what you are saying! My family moved to the Reading, Pa area when I was about 2 years old and I was there for the most part until I moved here in 1995. Man oh man but some days I would give my left arm for a good slice of Scrapple fried crisp! And a REAL ring of ring bologna! I could go on and on but this is the not best forum to talk about food that would never be mentioned in the same conversation as Weight Watchers... LOL.

Bandit: How are you doing? Read any new books lately? Have you read the "Outlander" series by Diana Gabeldone (sp?) They are huge historical fiction books but very good.

Judy: How are you doing? How was the event that you and DH were to go to last weekend?

Terri: How is it going up your way?

Life: What is new with you?

Lizzie: How are you doing? Would love to hear what you have been up to lately!

Hope I did not miss anyone... have a great day all!

Impossible is nothing!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:33 AM   #17

S/C/G: 220/207.75/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Princess - hey, I am going to movies tonight to see Just Go With It and glad you said it was good. There are 6 of us girls going, so should be fun.
Cold weather is back here as well, but we did have some warmer days which melted snow on my sidewalk/driveway so that is good.

I got in lots of walking so far this week. Friday in Toronto walked about 3 miles and both Mon/Tues got in another 3 mile walk at my centre. Eating
has been pretty good for the most part.

Sounds like you are all doing well, which is nice to hear.

Stay warm & lets all get in some extra exercise when we can!
Old 02-22-2011, 09:58 AM   #18
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Life4evr, I am trying everything to get and stay motivated. It's not working all that great. I do extremely well, and then I blow it. I'm sending : to you that your click to get motivated sounds off real soon!

Cherry, really good to hear from you. Good luck with your move. Always good to see you here.

Lizzie, keep up your spirits.

Terri, how are you doing?

Bandit, love that exercise! and Keep up the good work. Sounds like you're in for a loss this week. Yay.

Princess, keep on chugging------it'll catch soon. :

Aunt Loopy, you're doing great! Keep up the good work. Love those posts!

As for me, the movie marathon was wonderful. My dd and I saw 4 movies in the theater on Saturday. That was after a tango exhibition my dh and I saw Friday night. Sunday and Monday the kids were here and the eating got to me. Even though I made a crockpot WW friendly dish for myself, I still ate too much. Even "watching" what I eat, adding in fruit when I'm hungry, I'm still lax enough to simply maintain my weight loss, not lose anything real. Struggling-----also lacked energy and the was too much effort to do more than 20 min. I'll have to rest up and then get back on the
Today is a new day. All our nice grass that was just peaking through is now covered with new snow. Enough already! Gotta run. Keep up the posts . I love to hear Turtles doing well. It makes me realize I can too.

Judy
234.6/191.8/thinner and 180's

Lizzie, keep up your spirits!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #19
Loopy Chaplain

S/C/G: See tracker in signature

Height: 65 inches and shrinking, yay menopause!

Hi all!

Ah, Princess, you've captured the special challenge of dieting in Dutch Country -- the essinghaus, the hoagie shop, the volksmarkt! Did you see the "World's Dirtiest Kitchens" episode on scrapple? It reminded me of the old Dutchie joke:

An old dawdy retires to a house at the crossroads, and decides to open a general store. He makes the acquaintance of a tobacco salesman, and agrees to sell only the one brand of tobacco.

This relationship goes on for a few years, and then the salesman has a change of heart, prompted by a critical article about the quality of his product. He leaves the tobacco business, but one day receives a call from the store owner, who has hiked down to the nearest telephone booth (a mile away from the store) to inquire about further deliveries.

The salesman tells the elder Amishman that he'd discovered that his brand of tobacco was cured with horse manure.

The dawdy replies, "Heck, I thought it was MADE of horse manure, and I still like to smoke it."

After all, we are the people who brought you not just scrapple, but head cheese...

Well, I'm off to dig out the car so that I can get some books back to the library. We got just enough snow to make it annoying, but not enough to close schools or government activities. *sigh* So these books are getting more overdue by the moment...
Old 02-22-2011, 03:10 PM   #20

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hi everyone thanks for thinking of me! I have hurt my back ! I don't even know how? Out of shape and overweight probably sums it up! Stayed home from work today, I never miss work. It is a bit better. I think it might be a facet joint, and you pretty much just have to deal with it until it rights itself.

So pitty party for me! Ate 5 chocolate chip cookies yesterday!!! Have been good today, I think I am going to swim at the Y tonight, think it will help my back.

So will carry on and keep moving forward toward my goal!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #21

Bandit: Enjoy! DH and I enjoyed it very much and did not really go into it with very high expectations... LOL - Adam Sandler is not my favorite but it was really very good and he did a great job! Hey, didn't you go on a date a while back... did I miss it... how did that turn out?

Loopy: OMG! I have not had a good Italian Sandwich or a really good Cheese Steak since I moved out here... oh, I can almost smell them now... LOL! DH is from Cinci Ohio and we go over there for their Octoberfest and such, big German population but it is not the same as PA Dutch... Well, enough about food for now... I am getting hungry!

Judy: Yet, you and I are struggling right now... at least you are not gaining, I am but am trying to control it... hang in there!

Impossible is nothing!
Old 02-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #22

Hi Princess - yes, I had date last Sunday night and it was fine. It was day
before Valentines & he brought flowers as well. Then he called next 3 days & we talked/talked. I guess he is nice enough, but not for me. Obsessive type fellow & he actually goes to AA & I just think there would be big problems ahead. He called yesterday and we spoke for awhile, but I think next time he calls I will just say I am not interested. But I received email from a fellow I dated last year so might get together with him & see how things go. Looking back, he is lots of fun but I just wasn't ready for fulltime thing. Anyway, we will see. Never a dull moment it seems. In the meantime, I like going out with my girlfriends - we have lots of laughs & so many of them are single as well, so we lots in common.

So, guess popcorn for dinner tonight. Hope it doesn't do too much damage.

Have a good evening, everyone.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #23

Terri: Ouch! Feel better really soon, you are in good company here though, lots of us have back, neck or knee issues... get better soon!

Bandit: Yep, hanging with the women is way less complicated... LOL. Well at least you know that this one is not for you and that is half the battle. Good luck with the re-date that sounds like at the very least it will be fun! Have fun at the movies!

Impossible is nothing!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:25 PM   #24

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hope everyone had a good day. I am still chugging along barely. I have been doing alot of fill in work for my job so I have been pretty busy and too much fast food since I haven't been making it home. No exercise for me yet, well not outside of working with my clients.

Everyone is talking about food in here. Silly well I am in the south so you all can imagine the goodies I dream about. Speaking of food I am thinking about trying the WW banana pudding recipe but I am hesitant. I grew up on my grandma's banana pudding lol.

Terri sorry about hurting your back. I have back issues myself. Depending on what kind of back injury. A heating pad and motrin were my best friends.

Tomorrow goal is to avoid fast food, at least the burger and fries part.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:43 AM   #25

Princess - forgot to mention the book I just finished reading was
After the Mourning by Barbar Nadel (wartime background storey about gypsies)
and just going to start reading The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks.

Movie last night was good - lots of funny parts & of course, I really like
Jennifer Anniston so was fun night out with the gals. I had the popcorn
for my dinner but did bring some of it home for the squirrels today.

Still cold up here but having a sunny day which is nice.

Hope you are all doing well.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #26

Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! Another very cold day here also... Spring will be very welcome once it arrives for good.

Eating is getting better and I am looking for a partner to meet a the gym for a couple of classes, I think it will help me, it is just too easy to not go when it is just me. I need some motivation!

Bandit: Yep, I like Jennifer A. also! I will look up the book by Nadel, I have not heard of it but am open for almost anything. I have read The Wedding, enjoyed it very much, if I remember correctly you will see a character or two from a previous story of his, it was nice to see that carry over.

Life: Hang in there, I think that a lot of us are struggling right now... it will get better!

Ready for Saturday to get here... LOL - I am going to go to the kids house early to help with the housework, etc and also to get a pot of soup going and then the rest of the gang will join us for our usual lunch and baby time.

Have a great day all!

Impossible is nothing!
Old 02-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #27
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Went to WW's today but didn't take the accountability to WI. Feeling pretty down. We do so much socially and it seems no matter how much I adjust and figure things out, I haven't been able to shake this weight. The first week on the new Points Plus Program I magically dropped 5#. The next week I dropped 1#. Since then all I have done is gain and I'm back into the low 190's# again. I know the hives don't help and I'll just have to be close to perfect this week.

Good luck to everyone who's doing well. I know the trick is to fake it till I make it, but I've been faking it a long time. Okay----I'm getting to the boardwalk to walk. What has me going is that my ds and family are coming in for the next four days to visit. I'm thrilled about the visit---but the food challenges will be huge. I can do this. I have to plan and prepare for it.

Really, my best to everyone. Bandit, good luck with the possibility of a new fella. Princess, so glad to hear that it's clicking and you're doing better. Terri, hope your back heals. Life4evr---sounds like you're doing better. Aunt Loopy, keep up the good work. Things are clicking for you big time!

Love to all,
Judy
Old 02-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #28

Hi Judy - doing lots of socializing and having company really is tough.
Hope you cope the best you can. Sometimes when I know I have overdone things, I put on a pair of really tight jeans that are uncomfortable enough
to keep in mind that I need to lose this weight.
What a battle this is - up/down continuously at times. But don't let it get your down, just try and make some "good choices for you" along the way.

Tonight doing the hot yoga - which I am loving. So nice to find something
exercise wise that we really like.

All - have a good OP day!
Old 02-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #29
Chick

Yeah, Bandit. Thanks for the pep talk!!! : I needed it.

Enjoy your hot yoga. Dh and I just got back from our walk on the boardwalk and grocery shopping. I've got a better frame of mind now.
Love to all the Turtles. And.......Keep on keepin' on!
Judy
Old 02-24-2011, 07:13 AM   #30

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hi All Still battling the back pain, hoping it will ease up soon! Today would be good.

Princess I find going to the gym I do better alone, I have 3 friends that go all gung ho for a few weeks then they fade away, I like to have the company but when it comes down to it we can only depend on ourselves it seems which is not the way it should be.
Judy I know what you mean about the socializing and food, all of our outings revolve around food, our friends and family love to eat! I have found it a challenge too, they expect you to eat and comment if you don't. It is hard, fill your plate with lots of salad, veggies make it look full and fool them, that you are partaking.
Life hope you beat the fast food battle!!!
Itryharder- I didn't go to my WW meeting last night will go by Sat to weigh in, not sure where the scale will fall this week, I gained last week and am hoping not to do the same this week butnot feeling to good about it, certainly not going to meet my mini goal of 10 lbs by March 1. Will weigh myself at work today (the scale is very close to the WW scale).
Bandit You are so right abouthe up/down battle I think we have to realize that it is normal to go up not just down, glad you have the hot yoga! don't know if I could stand the heat!!! I am not that great at the yoga part either! Weak wrists and I giggle too much!

Hope everyone has a great day, think we are getting some snow for the next few days, just flurries. Temps are a lot warmer so that is nice.

Keep up the good work everyone, we all deserve a pat on the back just for persevering and not giving up !!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.