Old 02-08-2011, 08:27 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all. Another very busy day here for me so just a quick hello and best wishes for everyone to stay on track. Yesterday food was not too bad just need to work on the water and the exercise.

Have a great day everyone!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Had a good day yesterday, stayed on track & got in a 3 mile walk then
hot-tub and nooooooo late night snacks. So completely OP day for a change.

It is very cold up here, brought rest of my cauliflower soup for lunch along
with egg salad wrap so will be good lunch.

Have a busy weekend coming up so really trying to stay focussed until then
Doing another walk tonight & hot yoga tomorrow, which all should help.

Anyway, have a great Tuesday and stay warm.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:04 AM   #18  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Aunt Loopy,
Your work is so rewarding. Glad you're bringing the spirit to a new nursing home facility. Way to go!

Terri, when I first crossed over into 200# I was horrified. Unfortunately because of a variety of circumstances I lived there much too long. Soooo when I crossed back into onederland it was an amazing feeling of accomplishment. : Now I'd like to apply that same feeling to crossing into 180's. Glad you won the pool. What fun!

Princess, glad your food is better. You'll make the rest fall in place. I know you!

Bandit, for a completely OP day. Weigh to go!

I had a great Monday with dd and grandson. Today I'm going to my writing group. Rained last night so some of the snow is slowly disappearing. I have my food planned out for today. Yay.

Judy
234.6/190.2/170's and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 204/204/155

Height: 5'7"

Happy Tuesday Turtles! Sorry I have been out of touch for a while.

I haven't been following plan at all and trying to get back to it! I don't know why I am fighting it so much as I know it is a fantastic plan and I know it works. I can't blame anyone but myself - so I am working on getting back on track this afternoon.

I have still been getting to the gym and to my Zumba classes. This has at least helped me to maintain

Tomorrow I plan on heading out and hitting the store for a few staples & get back to writing everything down.

I did get a Vitamix and have been putting together a great protein shake with lots of fruit.

Reading through the thread - I see lots of inspiration and I know I need to check it often to help with my motivation

Thanks for all of the positivity and great info in this thread!

Lizzie
FetchLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:59 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Wed. Weigh In! Hoping to at least stay the same, but I think the scale will move in the right direction.

Itryharder Yes the 180's will feel great! I will be very glad to get there! That will mean 14 lbs lost for me! I'm sure it will feel wonderful.

People are noticing my 5 lbs, I think it is the excercise I can feel the belly fat starting to tone up. Nice when someone comments!

Water !!!! Must drink more, too busy during the day can't seem to remember to grab a glass! Must work it in to a routine at work. We have a water cooler, so it is there.

Bandit2 Tell us about hotyoga! I have heard it mentioned but have no clue what it is??

Have a great Wed.

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:36 AM   #21  

Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all... Super cold here, walking in from the parking lot this morning my face was so cold it hurt... I need to dig out a bigger scarf!

Eating yesterday was fairly good again, I need to get to the grocery store this week/weekend to restock on some fruits and veggies so that I have more variety for lunches, the frozen entrees have been very nice to grab for lunch also so will get more of them.

Sounds like we all have our struggles these days, heres to us all getting thru them!

Sorry for the short posts but I have been super busy at work and am hoping for an extension so need to keep at it.

Have a great day!
Old 02-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Judy - good you have your food planned out, I find that really helps when putting my meals together.

Lizzie - glad to see you back here posting & hope you get back on track and stay foccused.

Princess - I hear you about the cold. Last night my cheeks were frozen from walking from the centre to my car & I could hardly breathe. That is just too
cold! Hope your job works out for you.

Terri - Awesome people are noticing your weight loss, that makes a difference when we are all trying hard. I really enjoy the hot yoga, basically it is a yoga
class in room heated between 100 & 105 degrees. The instructor does all the postures & you follow along & do what you are capable of. When you start, they say to try & stay in room for the full 90 minutes & that is somewhat of a challenge for some, but I have managed to do that. I have a bad knee & some of the positions are difficult but I do what I can. It really makes everyone sweat lots & you feel great afterwards. I recommend this for all to try at least once. It gets abit easier each time.

For me, I got in another 3 mile walk last night and doing hot yoga tonight.
Brought a big salad with tuna on top for my lunch, so that will be good for a change since I haven't had many salads lately. With it being so cold, we all crave something hot.

Have a good Wednesday, everyone!
a
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #23  
Chick

Terri,
Yay for people noticing. That always spurs me on!

Lizzie, one of the reasons we call ourselves turtles is because we keep with it. You are keepin' with it by posting. Here's : to get what you want.

Princess, I know you're an awesome worker, so I am hoping for a job extension for you! Also, on good eating and preparing. WEigh to go!

Bandit, thanks for the hot yoga explanation. I love yoga but I'm so noisy (deep breaths and exhales) when I do yoga that I get embarassed. Right now the is good, but something just happened with a toe and I've got to get back to my podiatrist. Ugh. I may just have to face up to the fact that is my best exercise.

Was up a bit at my WI. I'm not beating myself up and I know I can lose a pound this week. I've got a Valentine's Day dinner planned. marinated steak, barley soup, baked potato, and banana ice cream for dessert.

Have I mentioned banana ice cream?
BANANA ICE CREAM

Slice a banana into coin shapes. Place in freezer for about 2 hours. Grind up in a mini processor. It will look like rice crystals and then it goes to a creamier blend. Try it. It's delicious!

Gotta run.
Love and : to all,
Judy
234.6/190.8/180's and thinner
Old 02-09-2011, 08:37 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Just popping in. My eating has been good today. The other days not so much. So I went to the gym today becuase I thought there was a Zumba class but nope. So I just did 30 minutes on the treadmill and called it a day. Well we are suppose to get a small amount of snow tonight. Hope everyone has a goodnight.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:34 PM   #25  

I am sorry I havent posted in so long. I guess i dont think about it much when i am not really focusing on my weight and health when i should be. It is getting down to -5 tonight and we got over 12" of snow which is not normal for my part of the states. I will try to check back in more.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:23 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Happy Thursday Turtles!

Wed weigh in lost .5 lbs, quite happy with that.
One of the ladies at he meeting was saying she stays on track by planning her whole week in advance (meals)! I don't think I could be that organised. I make sure there are losts of veggies, fruits and good things to eat so I don't stray. But we are human. Find myself not wanting to eat the junk. I'm on the sugar week where I want sweet stuff, the rest of the month it is salt! I keep my dark choc. bar handy and now a couple of squares are enouguh. Sure there will be times when that isn't but count it and move on. Thats my new moto.

So going to try to be really good! Food and exercise. Mini goal total of 10 lbs loss by March 1. thats only 4.5 lbs I think it is very do able!!

Hope every one is weathering well! Warmer here, I think it will be so warm on the weekend it might rain!

Have a great day everyone !

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:08 AM   #27  
Chick

Hi Cherry, good to see and hear from you. Baby steps gets us where we want to go!

Life4evr, glad you made the best of the day by getting on the and eating well.

Terri, I have, in the past, planned dinners for the week. It is oddly freeing, but I'm not in that mode right now. What I am doing is planning my meals and snacks for the day and e-mailing them to a buddy. It's working for both of us. I feel free to change food items if I want to, but it's very nice to have foods down and see what I had planned.
Congrats on your weight loss. :
Weigh to go! I like your goal for March and it sounds doable.

I had a good day yesterday, but staying off the affects my weight. I need to get back on. Have to call podiatrist today for an appointment. Everybody have a great day. I'm hoping for the snow to disappear soon since our weekend temps are supposed to get into the 40's. That would do it.

Take care and be well and happy.
Judy
234.6/190.8/into the 180's and thinner
Old 02-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #28  

Hi everyone! Another super cold day here, but like Judy said we are to warm up this weekend and that will be a wonderful thing!

Food was pretty good again yesterday and I stopped for a grilled chicken sandwich and a ice tea on my way to knitting class so I stayed on track - I did my home work before I went so that helped a lot!

Looks like everyone is doing really well - best wishes for fantastic W/I's!

Judy: Ouch! I sure hope you get to see the doctor and get to feeling better, exercise is key for me too and I need to get back at it ASAP - thinking about walking the halls at work and that will help.

Bandit: They cancelled our TOPS meeting tonight due to the ice that we have... just layers of it coating everything and the parking lot of the building that we meet at has not been cleared... good luck to you at your W/I though!

Loopy: You sure are one busy gal! Sounds like you prepare though so that will help you to keep on track, great job!

Lizzie: How is the Zumba coming along? Any plans for the weekend?

Cherry: Great to see you post!

Life: Great job on the eating and the treadmill! Fantastic job in this cold weather!

Terri: Great job and the very best wishes on your getting to your mini goal!

Have to run, take care everyone!
Old 02-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #29  
Crazy Avon Lady!

S/C/G: See tracker in signature

Hi all! It was good to catch up on your adventures so far this week. This is a long message; your executive summary is: scroll down to the end and get a great chicken recipe and some points values for party foods!

Wednesday was even weirder than usual - a real roller coaster. My husband has been waiting for news of whether he'd be laid off because his bank was bought out by a larger one. It was generally assumed that they would close the original office and consolidate in snowy Buffalo! But he got a job offer with the new bank today. They are keeping the trust and brokerage section (which is the reason why they bought our bank) in Delaware, and DH was offered a BETTER job at a HIGHER salary. So we were boggled to say the least. I think we're both in shock, because we'd made plans to keep body and soul together without his income until DH could officially retire in 2012. We'd been living frugally, preparing to liquidate investments, etc. We'd agreed that rather than moving, we'd just do without his salary for a year. Now we're suddenly back to normal, and we're both feeling exhausted and a bit confused. But happy, very happy.

Immediately after I got to work, I found myself counseling a suicidal and very Catholic Alzheimer's patient. On a day when I decided (due to a weigh-in at WW) to dress very lightly in civilian clothes. So she wasn't buying me as a clergy person at all. We don't have a Catholic chaplain right now, as our previous one passed away recently. So after making phone calls and finding no priests willing to help, I just went in there, talked about how weird it is to be a female minister, won her over to my side, and kept her reasonably calm until the tranquilizers kicked in and she fell asleep. It was a rough couple of hours.

Moreover, she's recently been moved into the same room as my best friend (not just at the nursing home but in the "real world" too), who gets confused and frightened when there's a lot of noises and turmoil. So another hour with her afterwards, just playing dominoes and getting her back to normal. Two Bible studies, some more personal visitations, a hospital visit to an Independent Living resident who just had hernia surgery, and it was off to Weight Watchers for a later-than-usual weigh-in!

I'd been on program all day, no matter what. But I expected my cortisol levels to be all out of whack, and assumed I'd be holding water (my shoes felt tight, but that was probably just because I was on my feet even more than usual). I'm hypersensitive to emotional stresses, always a real plus in my profession.

I came to a deeper understanding, while waiting to get on the scale: my job is to eat 33 points per day, and to tick all those boxes, and to stay active. The weight loss is up to God. I was really able to turn it over to Him yesterday.

I stepped onto the scale, the weigher asked me how my week had been, and I started laughing almost hysterically. She finally interrupted me to tell me that I'd lost another 0.8 pounds! So now I'm down a total of 9 pounds exactly, at the end of three weeks on the WW program. Amazing!

I'm working out the real points cost of my regional brand of diet popcorn right now. The book says 1 point for five cups for generic popcorn of this type; which is so different than similar items that I don't believe it. The box label suggests 6 points per bag (if everything pops, which is dubious considering that my microwave is from my college graduation in 1983.) Finally decided on 3 points per 5 cups popped, which is the same as a national brand with identical nutritionals. Yay! That's a lot of popcorn! I'll check it with my leader next week, but in the meanwhile I'll assume that if I've underestimated the points value, it'll be covered by the fact that I don't use the weekly points allowance or activity points; I just do the straight 33 points per day.

Today, I ended up taking the day off (I was only coming in for an hour, and I checked up on everybody by phone) because I'm just so tired. Sorta shell-shocked, I guess. But I'm on call for emergencies, so I'm ready to get out there if needed. Till then, I'm filling up on popcorn, leftover skinless stewed chicken from the crock pot, and fruit. Eagerly waiting for our Thursday evening frozen pizza (regional store brand, ultra thin crust, 14 points per half pizza, vs. 32 points per half pizza from a pizzeria).

Sorry that this is such a long message. It's been another week of learning how to work this program more effectively. Now I'm going to make it even longer by giving you my stewed chicken recipe, which my hubby adores. Skin and de-bone some chicken (we recently got a gift of an industrial-sized package of chicken parts from my mom, who was cleaning out the food pantry closet at her church and de-stocking stuff which is a month or less from expiration date, as the local Food Bank insists on this. We however, are not so picky in our personal lives!) Put the chicken in the crock pot with a tablespoon or more of the following spices: Celery powder, onion powder, parsley. Add two or three servings of non-fat, low-sodium bouillon, then water to cover the chicken pieces if needed. Cook till it's done (3 hours on high, or all day on low which tastes even better). This makes really amazing chicken for sandwiches, with lots of added flavor but no added points and very little sodium. It's as delicious as prepared lunch meat, but without the preservatives and salt.

Last edited by AuntLoopy; 02-10-2011 at 02:35 PM.
AuntLoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:18 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hope everyone had a good day. My eating has been okay so far. Probably a little too many chocolate chip cookies, but that i did some activities on the wii fit. So I am sure that is going to take care of the cookies that I counted. I am having turkey tacos for dinner. Which is like 9 pts for three when I plugged evertyhing in so I can live with. I am gonna have a salad with it also so I should be good to go. Hmm that's about it.

On another note I received my paperwork so I should be good to go start back nursing school in the summer thank goodness.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote