Old 01-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #247 Bale of Turtles Facing the Snow with Points Plus!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/204/155

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Turtles

Yesterday was the first day that I felt hungry all day - I think it must be because I am right in the middle of my tom.

Thankfully - it was the first day of my new week - gotta love the weekly points! So, I went with my hunger and counted the points and tracked and enjoyed the food that I did eat

I also got quite a bit of exercise in - 30 minutes weight training, 30 minutes on the eliptical and 60 minute Zumba class. I even had someone at my class tell me they can see I am getting smaller

Princess - I hope that you are getting over the bug that has been keeping you down

For the turtles getting all of the snow - send it my way - sounds like Colorado is relatively dry compared to most of you!

Sending good thoughts to you all!

Lizzie
FetchLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:10 AM   #3  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Wow Lizzie! You're doing great! TOM hunger is something we've all felt. Smart to use extra points to get through the day. You're like wild. Weigh to go. I love that one of the people at exercise noticed you're getting smaller. That's a no scale compliment that really counts.

Nice and sunny here today. My WW WI was cancelled yesterday because of the snow and icy roads. My leader encouraged us all to find another meeting this week to keep OP. Good advice.

Wishing all of you a really good weekend free of cold bugs and tempting situations. Happy and good food points plus to us all!
Judy
Old 01-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #4  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Hi Turtles!

This week has been pretty challenging so far. Work has been stressful (stress=eating for me usually), it's freezing cold and I think DH, puppy and I all have cabin fever and all we want to do is sleeeeeeeeeep!

I'm still doing WW points tracking, but have also started doing calorie counting at the same time. I've always been curious about the bigger picture of how I'm eating. I was also feeling like I was hitting a plateau in a couple of ways with WW (not necessarily just on the scale), so this addition to my routine has been good but has added more work in the tracking.

This week is shaping up well on the scale. After all the ups and downs through the weeks of Christmas celebrations I should finally get back to a new low weight when I WI on Saturday.

Sorry I can't do the personals this morning, but I've been reading along with everyone and thinking of you all! I hope that everyone can stay positive and keep on track during what seems to be a challenging time of year for all of us.
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:43 AM   #5  
Chick

Yeah, I hear you Peanutt. Good for you for switching up and adding calorie count to your tracking. I think I was feeling bad about myself since I didn't want to make personal resolutions for the new year. Just not into it this year. And yet when I first started Points+, I loved it. Trying to get back into that frame of mind and I know I can do it!
Judy
Old 01-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone - hope you are all keeping warm. It has been sooooo cold,
but the roads are good today so that makes me happy.

Weigh in tonight & not expecting to be down much (if anything) then bowling afterwards.

Sounds like most of us are having a tough time getting back into the swing of things. I started out good on the Monday a.m. but have fallen off track after a couple of days. I guess I just have to keep re-starting and hopefully get through a full week OP.

Good luck everyone, and any tips for getting back into the "sticking to programme" is greatly appreciated.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Friday!

Feeling just a tad better today, it has been a long week - really just did what I had to do to make it thru a work day then went home to bed. Finally Wednesday afternoon I called the doctor - the pain in my sinuses was so bad that I wanted to cry or scream but could not get the energy up to do either - they called in a perscription for me and I got started on it right away. Guess the cold was setting up camp in my sinuses and caused an infection but I am on the mend now I think anyway. Food was not good, ate what I could when I could but tomorrow starts a new WW week for me and I will be back on track and counting points but just could not when I was sick... it was soup, crackers and toast for the most part... lots of sodium so I feel blown up even with all of the fluids that I drank.

I don't have time to post to each of you but I will try and get back on over the weekend to do that... take care, stay safe and warm everyone!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:09 PM   #8  

Hi turtles:

Princess - glad to hear you are feeling better, sounds like you had a tough time, now you start a new week - good luck.

I was down .75# last night and was happy to be down anything. New week
for me starts today so want to do better next week.

All - keep warm & have a great weekend.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:32 PM   #9  
Crazy Avon Lady!

S/C/G: See tracker in signature

Hi everyone! I just want to introduce myself. Kathleen here from Delaware. Living with lupus (usually manifesting as pericarditis during a flare), fibro, both kinds of arthritis, long-term back injuries, an implanted orthotic, and just plain cranky-ness. Just seeing the results from one of those Christmas-season weight gains (arguably not as much as my poor DH though, who got the weight-loss surgery lecture from the Dr. this week). Anyways, getting ready to go to Weight Watchers and try the new PP plan. (Me officially, hubby unofficially.) Knowing that while I'm fairly active for a loopy -- I'm a nursing home chaplain and youth pastor, both professions known for being on your feet a lot -- the progress is probably gonna be glacially slow thanks to menopause and health issues and medication side effects. Well, you know how it is, cuz I'm preaching to the choir here.

I'll be back shortly with starting weight and all the good stuff. In the meanwhile, it is very heartening to read this thread. Frankly, I'll be happy if all that I do is learn to be self-disciplined so that I don't come down with weird deficiencies whenever I get bloodwork. (My first bloodwork for 2011 is pending, and will be peculiar as always, I guess.)

Here's the thing: I love my weird life. For all of its challenges, it is also full of joy and meaning. I want to keep moving forward day by day. Right now, I have to deal with my weight and eating habits to continue in a positive direction. Wish I'd done it sooner (perhaps while Auntie Flo was still visiting), but 'tis what it is.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you.
AuntLoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/204/155

Height: 5'7"

Good Afternoon Turtles - hope everyone is having a great day!

Welcome Aunt Loopy I've only had the pleasure of knowing this great group of ladies for a short while - but they are awesome! Lots of support and suggestions for keeping on track and working towards our individual goals.

Princess -glad you went to the Doc and got some medicine

Bandit - good job on the loss - slow & steady wins the race

I'm just catching up on Dr OZ episodes - he had Liz (one of the leaders in the P+ getting started book) on with a guest who has been doing the program for 3 months. She lost 21 pounds and it was great to see Dr OZ showcasing WW. Thought it was pretty interesting!

I'm heading to visit my Mom on Monday. I've already scoped out a WW meeting on Thursday and also found Zumba classes to attend. I'll have spotty internet access - so may not be in touch daily. I'll check in when I can.

Have a great weekend Turtles!

Lizzie
FetchLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Welcome Aunt Loopy my aunt has lupus and I know during her flare ups take alot out of her.

Hope everyone had a good day. My day has been okay so far. I woke up late, so breakfast wasnt alot I made a thin bagel sandwhich with some turkey and cheese. So by the time I got off of work I was starving, which is where the cheddar mini pretzels came in. But other than that it was okay. The pretzels had fewer points than I thought but I really didn't need all that salt. Still haven't made it to the gym yet. Th This is probably going to be one of those days where I do not go through all my daily points.

Off to eat dinner before I fall out. Everyone have a good evening.

ETA: So I have learned some things are just not meant to be low fat . I was playing with a no bake chocolate oatmeal cookie recipe. Plugged it into the recipe builder and even with the lighter items it was still the same number of points as the regular items. So yeah I will just keep the full fat version they taste better anyway.

Last edited by life4evr; 01-14-2011 at 07:26 PM.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:45 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Saturday to you all! Super cold and snowy today, not a lot of snow just the kind that bascially hangs around all day but does not amount to much.

I did not get up in time this morning to go to W/I and a meeting but I did do an unoffical step on the scale and it has me down .6 - totally unofficial and if I can manage it I will get to a meeting this week, worst case I will just go next Saturday.

Today starts a new week for me and I will be tracking closely and getting in exercise where I can. Don't feel well enough to go to the gym this weekend but will be walking the halls at work during the day even if it is just for the quick mile and will get to the gym when I can.... just not going to push it and will let mysefl fully recover before I jump back in with both feet. I really don't want to relapse for a third round with this... ugh.

Ok, so, enough of that, how is everyone doing? It looks like most of the country is super cold with the exception of Florida and I don't think we have anyone from there... LOL - Wish we did, I would have to go visit them and do my introduction in person

Luppy: A huge welcome to you!!! We are so glad to have you with us and look forward to getting to know you better. My SIL has Lupus, she has had it for most of her life and really struggles from the effects of it. You sound like a very active and productive person that stays busy and like the rest of us struggle to put ourselves somewhere at the top of our own to-do lists... you will fit in really well with the rest of us!

Judy: How are you doing? Are you working on a crochet blanket right now? I am going to try and make it to knitting class today since I have come as far as I can on my own on the socks that I am knitting and need help with the next step... I am really enjoying knitting them!

Bandit: congrats on the loss! I know that most any loss when you are struggling or just not feeling it is a wonderful thing so like you I will take my little .6 and try and build on it with what ever I can right now. I have not read the book that you mentioned but will look into it, I am almost totally out of reading material, I really plowed thru it while I was not feeling well.

Lizzie: Have a great time visiting your mom, when I spend time up north with my mom I do the same thing, find a meeting and attend when I can and also walk around her neighborhood when the weather allows. I still need to try the Latin Heat class at my gym, it is on my to do list and if I feel up to it I may try it Tuesday evening but like I said, I don't want to push too hard yet.

Life: You sound super busy! Take care of yourself so you don't end up too run down. I found it funny that one somethings that I have pointed out under the new plan are the same rather you pick low fat or full fat! English Muffins are one of those items... the light, which I have always bought are the same as the regluar now... 3 pts each... seems strange but I am still trying to figure it out... LOL.

Peanut: How are you doing? Have you guys been able to get outside at all to relieve some of the cabin fever? We are pretty much the same way here, especially the dogs! They are just so ready to get outside for a good romp session, I may try and get them to the park for a short walk this weekend but the cold air really is rough on my sinus infection so it may just have to wait.

Cherry: How are you doing? has everyone been able to get over their colds?

Well I need to be my butt in gear and get in the shower... I need to get to the grocery store today, we have some friends coming in tomorrow from out of town and will be coming to the house for brunch so I need to figure that out.

Have a great day everyone!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:56 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Default Hi All

I just joined weight wathchers this week, trying to get used to the new program. The points calculater is handy. I also have a YMCA membership
so have been 3 times this week. Trying to push myself. Looking forward to feeling better, more energy and being lighter! My friend also joined so we can support eachother.

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:45 AM   #14  

Hi Turtles

Welcome Loopy & Terri - always nice to have new members. This is a great group of ladies and I am sure you will receive/give invaluable information.
Good luck on your weight loss journey.

Princess - glad to see you up & about and congrats on your weight loss.
As we all know, any loss is a good loss so keep it up and take care of yourself and just do what you can until you are completely better.

Lizzie - Have fun visiting with your mom. How do you like the Zumba?
I keep wanting to try it but so far haven't been able to find classes nearby.

Life - I agree that somethings are just not meant to be low fat. Just enjoy
occasionally in small doses the real thing.

Judy - you keeping warm?

All - have a great Saturday. Anyone cooking anything interesting this weekend? You know me, always on the lookout for something new to try.

Anyway, looks like I will be shovelling this afternoon. We got quite abit of snow overnight. I managed to get in a 3 mile walk last night, so off to good start for my new week of tracking.

Bye for now.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Welcome Terri glad you are going to the gym. So I just did the walk at home walk away your waistline DVD. It was better than I thought.

Princess-Thanks for the concern this is the least busy i have been in like a year and a half. Since I am no longer enrolled in school. Now it's just working.

Bandit2-Yay, I didn't make the cookies because I know I would probably eat too many. I madet he cream cheese swirl brownies from weight watchers instead. they are very chocolately, but good.

Everyone have a goodday. Off to get ready for work.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote