Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 08:39 AM   #1  
Susan

Thumbs down Thursday Chatters

Hello Everyone,

I thought we were in need of a new thread since our last one was so long. This is a great group and everyone is welcome to join us. Hope to hear from you.

Susan
Old 11-17-2002, 03:03 PM   #2  
Thursday Lady

Thanks for starting us off again, Susan.

Niki, how are you doing????

Tammy, are y'all going to your aunt's for Thanksgiving? Does Bob have to work that day? I hope not. What does Tim have planned? I bet he's practicing basketball or something.

We will go to my sister's home and eat with her family and my mother. Then, we'll come home and eat our very own turkey and trimmings. When we all ate at Mother's, she would give me lots of the left-overs. That doesn't happen anymore. And, unfortunately, for the first time, my father-in-law is spending the holiday with his other son. We will really miss him.

Has anyone started Chrismas shopping? I'm just now thinking about it. Wow! It's going to be here before we know it.
This year, I'm going to enjoy each day in December. I'll plan on doing something fun each day---even if it's going to the candle store and looking around or going to Starbucks for an apple cider.

Let's talk!!!!!
Tina
Old 11-17-2002, 03:23 PM   #3  
Susan

You are very welcome for starting the new thread. When we become to long, I don't like to wait for it all to come up. So I start it for selfish reasons.

Believe or not, I have started my shopping. I normally wait until after Thanksgiving to even start thinking about it. I picked up something for both mom, dad and even ordered some stuff for Pat. I still have shopping to do but thought today I BETTER GET GOING! Ugh!!! I don't like to shop but I do enjoy buying for others. I only have until Dec. 11 to get it all done. So guess I'll get busy and knock the rest out soon.

Tina, I like your idea of enjoying each day. I think we all get so caught up in our lives that we forget to stop and smell the roses. We need to count our blessings each and every day. I'm going to start waking up and live each day like it were my last day on Earth, we never know when it might be. I don't want to get to the end of my life and think " I should have ..... or wished I had..... " (by the way, nothing is wrong..... just thinking of things I need to start doing for myself)

Have a wonderful day!
Susan
Old 11-17-2002, 08:18 PM   #4  

Hi girls, Just letting you know that I am down 38.6 pounds all together still have several to go though. Hope everone is doing well. start-205.8 now-167.4 goal 135
Old 11-17-2002, 08:22 PM   #5  
Susan

Way to go, Toobuzymom!!!!! Keep up the wonderful work!! Congrats!!!! How have you stayed motivated?

Susan
Old 11-17-2002, 08:31 PM   #6  

Yes, we are going to my aunt's house on Thanksgiving. We are still trying to find a time for my brothers and their families to come here. Thought we had a date, then a hockey game was scheduled for my nephew. The kids are so busy!!

Bob has to work Thanksgiving morning, but should be off before noon. Hope if works out. That weekend I'll be going shopping with my shopping buddies to that little canal town in Indiana where we've gone the past 2 years. We are staying at the same bed & breakfast again. Should be fun.

I can't believe this weekend is gone already!
Old 11-17-2002, 08:32 PM   #7  

My motivation is our family photo from last christmas! I was jumbo to say the least. Also each year the senior athletes recognize their parents at their last basketball game, we have to go out on the gym floor in front of hundreds of people and my son will give me a rose and a hug so I just keep in mind how proud I am of him and hope that he will also be proud of me ,not embarrassed because I am so heavy.
Old 11-17-2002, 11:28 PM   #8  
Thursday Lady

I have a strong feeling that your son is proud of you, Toobusymom.
You are doing so good. I just know you like the way you're looking now.
We are getting a photo taken in two weeks. I sure hope I'm not repulsed by the results. I just can't get myself to losing.

Tammy, I hope you come home from your trip with lots of presents. I've got to get myself a list made.

Tina
Old 11-18-2002, 10:33 PM   #9  
Thursday Lady

I could use some help here!!!
I opened a closet door this morning after hearing a big "thud." Everything had fallen off one of the shelves. It was all these gift bags, most of them for Christmas. (I stocked up last year.) I should have cleaned off that shelf long before now. My cat will have a ball "helping" me.
I don't know if I'll use too many calories cleaning up the mess. Maybe I'll find some unused Christmas cards in there. This year, I'm going to get mine addressed and mailed out early.

Okay, enough about my day----how was everyone's Monday?

Tina
Old 11-18-2002, 10:59 PM   #10  
Susan

Now that sounds like a fun job and actually something that I need to do myself. However, I will admit my Christmas cards have to be the first ones received. It's some kind of obession I have. I'm in the process of checking addresses and updating them as we speak.
Now don't have to much fun cleaning!!! I'm sure you used a bunch of calories!!!

Susan
Old 11-18-2002, 11:10 PM   #11  
Thursday Lady

Susan, that's funny you should say that about sending your cards first.
We have some acquaintances, who always get their cards out before us. This year I swear that I'm going to try to get ours to them first.

Tina
Old 11-19-2002, 05:12 PM   #12  

Tina, I am doing okay. I could be better with my eating but Im not overeating and snacking like I have been. Now if I could get my butt to drinking my water again.

Thanks for asking.
Old 11-19-2002, 08:14 PM   #13  
Susan

Hi Guys,
Well I'm right there with you! I've decided that I drink entirely too meany diet dr. peppers. I've had only 1 today. I'm trying to drink lots of water instead. My next step is to cut down on my carbs. I love them and could live on them alone!

Susan
Old 11-20-2002, 03:19 PM   #14  
Thursday Lady

Greetings to one and all-----you can tell I'm getting into the holiday spirit.

Once upon a time, I asked if anyone had a low fat fudge recipe. I think someone gave it to me. However, I can't find it. Silly me, I didn't put it into my recipe box.
Does anyone know one????

It's soooo beautiful here today. I hope everyone is having a great day.

Susan, stay away from too many of those diet drinks. (I should talk, huh.)

Tina

Old 11-20-2002, 10:49 PM   #15  
Susan

It was beautiful here too!!!

I want to say that Tammy had the receipe for the fudge. I could be wrong. I just wish I had the fudge.

Pat is driving down to San Antonio tomorrow to work on my dad's computer. I'm gonna fly down Sat. and drive back with him on Sun. I'm so excited even if it is for a short period of time. I'm hurriedly wrapping the few presents I do have so I can send them with him.

Have a great evening.
Susan
Closed Thread