December Chatters for Thursday -- or Another Day

You're on Page 6 of 10
Go to
  • Hi, I'm still around--some place.

It was supposed to get down below freezing here but never did. I have my shorts on right now!
    Iv'e gotten almost all my shopping done. I just need a few gift cards. Our son loves gift cards. The ones for restaurants help him because of finances.
    For you newer group members, our son is in his 30's but isn't married yet.
    I didn't count my points yesterday. I have today and still have enough for baked chicken and veggies tonight.

Even though I'm on blood thinner right now, I'm going for a pedicure in the morning. Yea!!!!! The nurse said it was okay just so I told the lady. I get callouses on my right foot and they hurt. I've gone to this lady for a couple of years and she's good.
    Everyone stay warm!
  • Morning all!

yesterday went great! I even had 4 pts leftover after dinner to enjoy two delicious chocolate truffles, yum! My 7 yo had his xmas play last night, he was so adorable! The play was too cute, had me laughing the whole time.

Tina enjoy some shorts for me!! I'm dreaming about spring and warm weather, I sure hate winter, I love wearing my shorts and tank tops not confining sweaters and socks, lol.. just a couple more months to go

Well another long day at work for me today.. guess I better get back to it
  • SHORTS????? Wahhhhh, I wanna wear shorts! Is it silly of me to be wishing for summer already?

Off to work at the mall store this morning.

I think the scale is going to be my friend this week! I'm going to WW meeting on Saturday, so Ill letcha' know then!

Have a great day everyone!!!!
  • Hello all,
    I have been so busy and so ready to get these darn cookies out of my office! We have an author coming tomorrow for our open house, so I am going to be very busy until that is over. Haven't done well on my eating this week. I think its from all the stress. Things will slow down after this week though. I'm ready for shorts too, but my legs arent! I'm gonna have to buckle down. Yay! for all of you who are sticking to plan during christmas month. It's down right hard!
  • I don't want to rub it in but it's 77 here right now. That's one good point about living in south TX.
    I went out for Chinese food at lunch. Oops! I wasn't thinking about the water rentention that I'll have. My weigh-in might not show a loss tomorrow. That's okay because I know I'm doing good. I have some tight-fitting slacks that are getting loser each time I put them on.

Jeanne, please be careful outside.
    Dori, how are you? Is Justin back at work yet?
    farmgirl, you are doing good. Just keep it up and the pounds will come off.
    Spryng, what brand of truffles do you get? They sound good right now. I'm hungry for something sweet.
    Susan, how is your mother doing?

Maureen, what have you been doing? Do you like the new plan? Did you get a special booklet for vegetarians? I know they used to have them for the other plan.
    Mimi and Tammy, we miss y'all.

My pedicure was heavenly. I need to write a few more cards and wrap presents.
  • 77 degrees?!?!? Whatever! lol!
  • Ok I have posted twice today and it isn't here!!!
  • Morning all!

Tina, I'm not sure what brand it is, a neighbor brought them by as a xmas gift.. the kids ate them so fast I don't think I saw the name, LOL.. wasn't one I've heard of before though, but they were pretty good, 2 pts each but nice sized so it was worth it 77 degrees, man I live in the wrong state, LOL!!

Farmgirl, I think once january gets here it will be much easier to stick to the plan, november and december is super hard for sure. Just hang in there, this month will be over before you know it!

Jeanne, I'm weighing in on saturday as well! I joined online and made my wi day saturday's, I'm excited!

Well nothing really new here to report.. stuck to my pts yesterday, was 1 under for the day. The kids even had pizza for dinner (the diner down the road was doing a special) but I only had 7 pts left for dinner so I had a turkey patty and veggies but it hit the spot and kept me from eating any pizza, lol.. next week I have family coming in for xmas, they may be here ALL week which that will be interesting and I hope I can stick to my pts because my mom is already talking about home made clam chowder in bread bowls and stuff like that, gonna be hard to figure out pts for and even harder to just eat a small portion, lol But I'll take it one day at a time and hopefully this month will hurry up and be over already, LOL
  • Here I go again and hopefully it will show up.

Mom's surgery is Tuesday and my brother in law's is Thursday. Pat told me that I need to be home.. Duh! But it was nice to hear him say it! Plus he said, "Go spend Christmas with your mom and sister. That's where you need to be this year. We will celebrate when you get home." So I'm leaving on Sunday and returning back here on Thurs. Dec. 30! I'm sad that I won't be with him but glad that I can help out with the stress and everything for my mom and sister. My little sister is going out of town on Dec. 26 for a week! NICE!!! I won't get started on that!!!

So Christmas this year will be different and probably spent having sandwiches but that's ok. It will be different anyways without Daddy. Boy I sure miss him!! Plus Dec. 26, is Momma and Daddy's anniversary they would have been married 57 years. So we will have LOTS of distractions.

My food has been ok. Not great but I did have a .4 gain this week. I'm not beating myself up over that. I know that should come off pretty quick. Not sure that I will make a weigh in next week or even until I come back to be honest. I'm going to try to stay on program.

Ya'll have a good day! Let's hope this post.
  • YEA it worked!!
  • Happy Thursday,
    I'm about to wrap presents.

farmgirl, I hope the open house goes well and you can stay away from the cookies. You could allow yourself one, though, couldn't you?

Spryng, having family is a challenge, even though it's wonderful! You can do this!!!

Susan, I pray that your mother and bil have safe and successful surgeries. Hey, sandwiches at Christmas are interesting.
    When Larry had his spine surgery, he was in the hospital on Christmas day.
    He was served a cornish hen. David and I got hamburgers from the hospital cafeteria. (That was an odd Christmas.) All the family came up and squeezed into the room.
    Dori, Maureen, Jeanne, Mimi, how are y'all doing??????

• Thanks Tina, I will let you know what we end up eating. I remember when Larry was in the hospital. I forgot about y'all eating hamburgers.
  • good morning everyone

Susan prayers from here.
    Tina, shorts, I don't even wear them in the summer-lol-
    My Mother(she's 82) has been complaining of a sore lower back-thank God for my younger sister-she's always taken care of her dr appt's etc-after going to the dr and taking morphine the last day or 2 my sister brought her to the hospital yesterday evening. I'm sure if she gets out of this she's not going to be able to stay where she's living now. It's a senior's residence, I'm sure the next step now will be a nursing home. It's so sad. She is diagnosed with alzheimers but at least she still knows us - she doesn't remember what she just ate though! Getting old is the SH**ts.

I hope we all have a great day-I'm sticking to program - yeah! but didn't weigh in this week

maureen
  • Good morning everyone!

Susan - continued prayers, hugs, & love being sent your way!

Tina - Whats on your agenda for Christmas Day?

Maureen - It does suck getting old! haha! Whats new? Snow?

Spryng - are you feeling better? I thought I saw somewhere (maybe facebook) that you weren't feeling well and didn't make it to zumba?! Are you enjoying WW online?

farmgirl - Hows points plus going? How was open house?

Dori - hugs & hoping that you are getting ready for the holidays!
  • Maureen, I am so sorry about your mother. Please let us know how things go. We did not want to put my mother in a nursing home. It just got to where that was the only thing to do. I know where you are.

Susan, I hope things go well. Pat is a good guy.

Jeanne, are you still having electric black-outs? How much snow do y'all have.
    Dori, how are you, Justin, and the kids?
    farmgirl and Spryng, stay warm.

I have been wrapping gifts. I usually use the gift bags but thought I'd do it the "old way" this year. I have not journaled today and that's not good. Shame on me!