3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers > WW Clubs and Groups

December Chatters for Thursday -- or Another Day

Old 12-05-2010, 06:42 PM   #31
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Default Recipe Builder on etools.....

uh, I am sooo silly! I have had etools for a yr. and never ever realized that the recipe builder was so easy. Remember the pumpkin roll muffins.....well....I figured with the new pp that they would change. I went to the recipe builder and put in yellow cake mix (1 box/18.25 oz.) and 1 can of pumpkin....it figured out the entire points and then broke it down to serving size making those muffins 3POINTS without the icing.
4POINTS with 1 Tablespoon of Duncan Hines WHIPPED cream cheese icing!

Just thought I'd share!

She had not known the weight, until she felt the freedom

Last edited by jar1965 : 12-05-2010 at 07:19 PM.
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:04 AM   #32

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Jeanne congrats on that 50lb milestone!!! That is amazing!! I'm gonna ask my leader about e tools tomorrow, I guess I was suppose to have some code in my week 1 book but I went back through them and couldn't find them so it said to ask my leader for a etool brochure and it will have another, I'm also gonna ask about monthly passes, I have no idea if my meeting does them but there is only one way to find out but I really want etools for that recipe builder.

Well sorry I was kinda mia yesterday, my one day off and I pretty much sat like a lump on a log all day, lol. We also celebrated my sons 10th bday yesterday, his official bday is today but I knew he'd want to play with his presents all day etc and forcing him to go to school today and wait would have been torture so we suprised him with the cake and presents a day early! He was thrilled But this weekend I used all my weekly pts, it was wonderful. That is what I do each weekend anyway but figuring out items to equal 49 pts was fun, lol... and of course one slice of bday cake was in there, so worth it, lol. Now today I'll eat light (hit my 29 of course but I'll eat more veggies and probably fish) do you find you have a certain way of eating the day before wi? I do, don't know why but I eat a couple servings of fish (usually tilapia) and only water to drink and more veggies.. just a thing I do I guess, lol. It hasn't failed me so far, LOL.

Well guess I better get back to work, another 60 hour week.. come on xmas and new years! I'm ready for a 3 day weekend, LOL.

5'3" Mother to 4

spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:17 AM   #33
jeanne

Hey girls! Wooohoooo.......can you say S N O W!!! We got about 4" and they are calling for 3-6 more. 1/2 hr. south of us, only got a dusting, 1/2 hr. north of us got a foot!!!!!

Well I need some motivation to start getting a little exercise! Any suggestions or free "kicks in the butt" out there?

Hope you all have a great Monday! We are already shoveled out, cars cleaned off and coffee done!

Last edited by jar1965 : 12-06-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:07 AM   #34

S/C/G: 153/151.6/125

Height: 5'4

My stars Jeanne, you were up early!!! Are you a morning person? I am NOT. But I am also not a night person either.
Maureen-I think you will be very happy with what you find out at the meetings...I was. Good luck to you!
Tina-I know what you mean about the temps...it was 32 when I went to work this morning. I'm so used to hot and humid, this weather makes my body ache!
Spryng-hope your son had a great bday! A little boy a used to babysit all the time just turned 5. We had his party Fri night. I also enjoyed a piece of cake! I have been doing this program for about 5 days and I do think I'm eating more food. I also love the recipe builder! I have never used it before and now I'm wondering how I made it without it!
Hope yall have a great day! I've got to get to work!
farmgirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:39 PM   #35
Thursday Lady

Well, I sneaked a peek at the scales this morning----no change! I don't understand. It does seem like I'm eating a lot more food with 29 pts. I'm just hoping that the WW scales will show a loss on Thursday mornning.

Jeanne, brrrrr.....about that snow. But, I'll bet it's beautiful.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:22 AM   #36
Thursday Lady

Good morning
I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
I'm off to wrap presents to mail and then get my mammogram.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #37

Tina-don't you worry a bit about not showing a loss. Your body may be adjusting to the new plan or you might be retaining some water from hormones or something. Hang in there and it will come off! Good luck on your mammogram.
farmgirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #38
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
farmgirl, thanks for the pep talk.

Y'all have to hear this---I was backing out of a parking space at Bed, Bath & Beyond when I feel someone hit my back bumper, not hard but a hit. This fancy gray car had come through the lot from one aisle to mine, which is not legal!!!! The woman looked so shocked. I pulled back into my space. I looked around to see her zooming away....didn't stop at all!!!!! I hope her front end is really damaged. I have scrapes on the bumper, on either side of my license plate

Susan, are you sick?
Jeanne, are you at work?
Spryng, I know you are working.
Dori, how is Justin?
Maureen, when do you start your vacation? Do you have your paint yet.
Mimi, Tammy, Clint, what's up?

Last edited by Tina : 12-07-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #39

Spryng-I'm wondering about your weigh in...isn't it today?
Old 12-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #40
jeanne

Hi everyone!!! How is the PointsPlus working for you? I think I LOVE it! I have got this thing figured out! (I think)! lol!

I feel so much better! I haven't been eating all those yucky processed meals. I have been watching labels like crazy. I think the key is PROTEIN!! I try to pick things with higher protein and lower carbs. I'm staying full in between meals too!

For dinner I am making veggie stir fry with sweet n' sour. I bought red, green and yellow peppers, sweet onions, fresh mushrooms, freen green beans, & fresh broccoli. I will add 2 Tbl. of sweet & sour dressing. I am making chicken too.....for Bob! Low Points and soooooo good for you!

Todays lunch was a Fill em' bun with a turkey frank and fresh leaf lettuce & mustard, and a 2% cottage cheese!

Sorry to ramble but I'm so excited and trying to stay motivated, and, this helps!

Tina - I agree with farmgirl! Good pep talk!

Spryng - How did you do???????

Susan - How is everyone?

farmgirl - funny about the etool recipe builder! I love it too! Whats new with you? Any good recipe ideas?

Tammy - Hi! Hope you aren't snowed in over there!!!

Dori - Hi girl! How is the new program treating you?

Everyone have a great day!!!

Old 12-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #41

Jeanne- I do have a good recipe for you that I made Sun night. Its called Teds Bean Soup. I used a package of turkey sausage links. It comes 2 big links in a package. Slice them up and brown in a soup pot with about 1/2 an onion. Add 1 can of chicken broth, about a cup of sliced carrots, 2 lrg potatoes diced, 2 cans of navy beans and 2 cans great northern beans rinsed. Add water until it covers everything. I added some salt and pepper and you can also add more chicken broth if you want. Let it simmer for 30-45 min until everything is good and tender. It is a very good soup and is also filling. I measured about 10 servings at 5 pts. per serving. I've been eating that for lunch this week with some fruit. Can't beat a 5pt lunch! For supper I would probably make some cornbread to go with it. The turkey sausage really gives it the most flavor. I also thought some pinto beans would be good in it too. You can change it up any way you would like!
Old 12-07-2010, 03:21 PM   #42

Oh I forgot....at the very end, I threw in about 1/4 cup of potato flakes to thicken it a bit. It's up to you if you want to do that.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:50 PM   #43
jeanne

mmmm, sounds yummy! I will definately buy what I need and try that very soon! I'll let cha' know when I do! Thanks!

Old 12-07-2010, 09:04 PM   #44

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi all

I just came back from a meeting and have all the new reading material plus the calculator-I'm excited. I think I'll make wednesday my day 1-I have to go out now and stock up on some fresh fruit. I didn't have to pay for the meeting because I was within 2 pts of my goal weight-YEAH!

Tina, my holidays start on the 22nd and I go back on Jan 4th. I have 6 days left of vacation but I end up being off 13 days with all the stat holidays and the weekends, so it works out really well. No paint yet

I'm going to put up a real tree this year & will probably pick one up this weekend. I'm looking forward to it. the last few Christmases I really didn't decorate because when I was out west I came out here for Christmas and last year I went out west. This year I'm staying put

well let's all have a fantastic day on program - I can't wait to start it

maureen

Last edited by maureen kempster : 12-07-2010 at 09:05 PM.
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:07 PM   #45

Maureen-So happy for you!! Good Luck! Let us know how your first day goes!
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.