Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 10:35 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Talking Thursday Weigh-In Results for November

It's so hard to imagine that it's November. Christmas is getting closer each day. Are we all ready for it---weight-wise????

I'm working so hard to be down some more by Thanksgiving.
The holidays are to be enjoyed-not to worry about gaining (even thought we have to watch over-eating). I love to make pumpkin pies and eat all the sweet potatoes I want. Of course, the turkey is very healthy.

Everyone post their results for this first week of Nov. (Turkey month).

Tina
145 personal goal
Old 11-06-2002, 11:28 PM   #2  

Angry Awesome Weigh In

Guess I will start off the Thursday WI reports.

Scale showed a 2.8 loss
Total 82.2 lbs
10.8 lbs to goal

Whooooooooooooohhoooooooo

Guess all I had to do was come back here and get all your support to get back on track.

Thanks all
Old 11-07-2002, 10:44 AM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Yea!!!!! Kady!!!!!
That is a super way to come back---great loss!!!

I weighed at home this morning. I'm not gonna tell ya what it said.
I'm soooo disgusted. I drank 4 diet drinks yesterday. Can we say "water retention." Y'all are probably so tired of hearing me talk about drinkiing too many colas and then have wt. Yep, I'm sure you are. Now why on earth can't I have enough will-power to stay away from them!
Today I'm at home all day. I've filled my 4-cup measuring cup with water and I'm drinking every time I pass it. I'm determined to get at least 8 glasses down today.

Okay, who else wants to rant and rave OR share their results?

tina
Old 11-07-2002, 04:04 PM   #4  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Just stopping in to wish everyone good luck today. I haven't made up my mind if I am going to WI or not. I'll check in later. ...Sis
Old 11-07-2002, 07:27 PM   #5  
Sis

Well, my verdict is in. I was up 2.5. Not nearly as bad as I expected. But one down note about the meeting. Our leader has changed! I will miss my old leader a lot!!! She was awsome! This lady is nice but when you have someone you really like its hard for someone else to just step in. This will be a challenge for me to go when I know the old leader isn't there. I tended to skip meetings when she wasn't the leader. But I will give this leader a fair chance. I'm sure she has a lot to offer us too. I'll keep you guys posted. Have a great week end alll...Sis
Old 11-07-2002, 09:57 PM   #6  

Default OOOOOOHHHHH those diet colas

Tina , I too was a addict to diet cola.....I have for the most part removed them from my diet....I allow myself a bottle once a week if I want it...I find when I drink water I dont need the coke

Sis I know what you mean about leaders. You do get attached to them . The one I started with left ( which for me wasnt a bad thing ) as the new one was much better. She was temporary then decided to renew for a year. I told her she had to stay till I hit goal.....She makes it an enjoyable learning experience. She's very real and very helpful.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:51 PM   #7  

Well, I weighed in today......another 1.4 pounds gone! A total of 24 pounds!! YEA! I had a great workout today as well.
Old 11-08-2002, 06:39 AM   #8  

Congratulations to everyone that lost!!! Great!

I stayed the same, but that's OK. I have been back to the journaling, but not the best on water. The food hasn't been bad, and I haven't been snacking before bedtime.

I still am drinking too much pop. It's the real thing since I need to stay away from the Nutrasweet. Too much sugar and empty calories. I'm addicted. I have tried to drink more water at school when I eat lunch. Even one of the other teachers mentioned it when I drank water instead of pop for lunch a couple times.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:11 AM   #9  

Hey Tammy~ Staying the same is great too! You have been able to maintain the weight you've lost so far which is a great thing!

Tina~I'm right there with ya girl on the diet sodas! I want soda, but I don't want the calories/points so I go for diet. BUT, I just drink so much soda taht I know it has to be hurting me at weigh in time... Ok, that's it, I'm not gonna have a soda this week.. Or I'm gonna try. I'll let ya know if I make it...
Old 11-08-2002, 09:55 AM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Congratulations to Kira and Tammy!!
Tammy- staying tha same is good right now after all the Halloween candy.

Kira, don't try to stay away from the diet sodas for a whole week. Our bodies are so used to them that you don't want total withdrawal symptoms. I am trying to cut back to one a day. (This makes me sound like a total addict. Some days I only have 1 and some days I have 3.)

Be proud of me group, yesterday I drank 8 glasses of water and didn't have a Diet Coke until 4:30 p.m. and that was the only one I had. I'm going to try this again today because I usually have 2 on Saturdays.

Has anyone tried the new Burger King chili? I've heard it's a really good 4 pt. lunch---and it's only 99 cents.

Tina
Old 11-13-2002, 11:24 PM   #11  

Tina~ You were SO right....I totally crashed and burned.. I'm actually drinking a Diet Coke right now. I didn't think I was really "addicted" to it, but I see now that I could very well be. Way to go on your water! Your AWESOME!!
Old 11-14-2002, 10:28 AM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Greetings!
I weighed on my scales and stayed the same--which is better than gaining.

Kira, don't be hard on yourself for drinking a Diet Coke. Just get in enough water to compensate. I've been told that for every diet drink--drink 2 extra glasses of water. I don't always do that but it sounds good.

Good luck group.

Tina
Old 11-14-2002, 03:49 PM   #13  
Sis

No WI for me this week. Too busy. Just stopping by to wish everyone else good luck at the scales. I'm hoping to do much better next week. Have a GREAT week end all.....Sis
Old 11-14-2002, 05:43 PM   #14  
Thursday Lady

Hey Sis,
I'm glad you aren't too busy to post.
You have a good rest of the week and a good weekend.

How did everyone else do??????

Tina
Old 11-14-2002, 10:51 PM   #15  

Default Hello

Well this week I am down .4 lbs. At least its a downward move. I had 3 diet cokes this past week ( usually I limit it to one/week) and snacking on Spudz ( salt) I think that plus time of the month gave me the low loss.BUT I will take it.

KiraR- welcome...you are well on your way. Congrats on your losses. You are on the same journey of all of us.

When I started in Jan I was at 268...now I am 185. 10 lbs from my goal. Its amazing what can happen in 11 months.

I hope next week is better.
Closed Thread