Old 11-30-2010, 10:20 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 153/151.6/125

Height: 5'4

Tina-I hear ya on the bananas! I just bought some tonight cause my boss was eating a peanut butter banana sandwich at work and I just started craving that! So, I think that will be my breakfast in the morning. I always tried to buy the little ones too!

I'm looking forward to all the new info on the new plan. I'm getting excited and may switch over soon. Have a good night!
farmgirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:51 PM   #122  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
farmgirl, LOL to our looking for small bananas!

Maureen, I did some Googling and found a place that says the new program comes to Canada next week.

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:46 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Morning all!

Farmgirl, yeah it did feel like I got more food. I mean normally on 22 pts I wouldn't be able to fit in a burger and fries for lunch (even by skipping breakfast to do it) because it would only leave me 6 pts for dinner and I try to have larger dinners. But even after that high pt lunch I had 12 pts left which made for a wonderful 10 pt dinner and left 2 pts which I never did eat because I just wasn't hungry.. so we'll see today how my normal foods fit into the plan since I won't be eating out again.
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:25 AM   #124  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Morning!

Tina - The lowest possible points on the new system are 29. They said that they have a formula using 4 things, age, weight, height and I don't remember the 4th thing. Sorry.

sprying - glad you are so excited. Me too! Thats a bummer about the kits and having to pay more for your points calculator! Urgh! I've never heard of that!

lol......love the comment about small bananas because I THOUGHT THE SAME THING!

farmgirl - I love banana - peanut butter sandwiches. I usually did mine on the ww bagel or flat bagel because they were such low points. Making one for breakfast on a whole grain english muffin. With all this talk, I want one now! Thanks! lol

Cold week ahead of us with light snow. Doesn't look like any accumulation tho! Thank goodness. I dug my winter coats & jackets & stuff out yesterday. NOTHING fits! I'm happy about that but now I HAVE to buy a new coat. And last years was new! Thinking about taking them to a local consignment shop.

Well everyone have a great day!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:19 AM   #125  
jeanne

Default Breakfast Sandwich.....mmmmmm

Hi girls!!!!

Just made the best breakfast sandwich ever!!! hahah!

english muffin.......3 Pts
egg beaters.........1 Pts
Borden 2% american cheese...1 slice......1 Pts
salsa..................0 Pts
= 5 POINTS
and it was soooooo yummy!

Thought I'd share!
Old 12-01-2010, 08:53 AM   #126  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

I'm loving that bananas are free. Yippie. I'm afraid tomorrow will show a gain, but I have to remind myself that it will be okay and I can lose those pounds plus more.

I'm currently at work and we're in the middle of a lock down. Which isn't too bad because it gives me time to get things in order for this afternoon. I'm still struggling with trying to teach 6/8th Social Studies and Science together at the same time. Both classes are way behind and my last observation wasn't all that great. It would be different if I had a parapro, but I only have one for 15 mins and another one for 30 mins. It's a bit frustrating. I supposed that's enough about work.

Justin went to the doctor on Monday and they told him he couldn't come back to work this week. He follows up on next Monday to find out if they will allow him to come back next week. We'll see what happens.

Well I should get going for now. Hope everyone has a great day. Remember to drink your water and get those booties moving .
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #127  

Ok I have a question. If the lowest points we can have is 29, (I'm assuming I will fall into that) how would I lose from 150 to 125 without a change? I am 5'4, 32 yrs old, about 150, moderate exercise. Wouldnt that be 29 pts?
Old 12-01-2010, 11:25 AM   #128  

farmgirl, that is a hot question for us all right now! I think many are gonna ask about it at their next meeting, I know I will. I know as far as so many people having 29 pts my leader said it was because ww found scientifically our bodies aren't much different at processing calories etc at higher weights, so I think unless you are over 200 lbs or have special needs (or are a man, nursing etc) you will be on 29 pts.. now as far as continuing to lose on 29 pts for the duration I have no idea what the science is behind that.. we may just have to step up the exercise as we go along, or less free fruit or zero pts items?? really no idea. I guess we'll need to worry about it if we stall or something.

Dori, what do you do for a living? a lockdown? are you a teacher? I couldn't tell from your post

jeanne, your breakfast sounds wonderful! mine was tasty too, low carb tortilla, one egg, slice of cheese crumbled and 3 slices of deli roast beef, I scrambled the egg with the roast beef and cheese and made a breakfast burrito and it was delish!! I'll probably have that tomorrow too, lol.. 8 pts for mine.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:14 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi all

here's another breakfast suggestion-I pretty much have this every morning

.75 C of mixed frozen fruit(peaches, grapes,pineapple, melon and strawberries)
.5 C of low fat no sugar added flavoured yogurt(35 cal)
1/3 C of bran buds

I count this as 3 ponts and I'm full when done

I'm only allowed 18 ponts a day so I really try and watch the points(on the old program)

have a great day

maureen

Last edited by maureen kempster; 12-01-2010 at 12:55 PM.
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #130  
jeanne

farmgirl - I think it is going to have something to do with the new formula - adding the carbs and protien. spryng - correct me if I'm wrong here......

spryng & maureeen - your breakfasts' sound great! That is actually my favorite meal of the day!
Old 12-01-2010, 03:12 PM   #131  

Ya'll are probably right. Calculating the protien, carbs, and everything else, it might allow for higher calories. I will be curious to find out. It seems like a good mix b/c it encourages us to eat healthy but if you are dying for a candy bar or something it is still "legal". I am still op on the old plan but may switch after I learn everything. I want to lose weight but I also want to eat healthy.
Me and my coworker have been decorating the office today for Christmas. It has put me in the holiday spirit! I love this time of year. Hope all of you are having a good day!
Old 12-01-2010, 04:29 PM   #132  

Jeanne, you are right, that sounds like a good explanation. Maybe someday we'll learn all the science behind this plan, we are all still babies right now

hey I don't know who starts the new monthly threads on here but can I make a suggestion? since there are alot of people who go to meetings or wi on days other than thursdays can we just name it the Chatters or something? lol.. that way more people will join, I was talking to a couple people today that said oh I saw that board but I don't wi on thursdays and I tried telling them most don't on here, lol.. anyway, no biggie, just thought I'd throw it out there
Old 12-01-2010, 11:42 PM   #133  
Susan

Hi,

Day 2 and I have stuck to my goals!!! Funny thing, I had a peanut butter and banana sandwich today. I can't believe all the points!!!

I went to my water class. Well, I was disappointed no bikes. It's a hard core training class. It was great and everything hurts!!! I'm going back Saturday!

I'll have to check out the other sites too. I agree to the ww boards being a bunch of negative comments!

Hugs, got to get to bed! I think I'm not going to becable to move in the morning
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:17 AM   #134  

come on over to the december thread! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-c...other-day.html