Old 09-09-2010, 05:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone and a very happy Thursday to you all! Tomorrow is Friday.... my favorite day of the week... yeah!

Oh my but we have grown here! That is a wonderful thing! Welcome to all of the new posters we are so glad to have you with us!

I read through the posts but don't remember what each person said so doing individual replies is not going to happen right now... LOL. I did not get online yesterday since DS's came over to help DH and I move around a bunch of furniture. We are still getting estimates on the bathroom remodel...ugh, way expensive! Things are moving along though!

Looks like everyone is doing great! The meatball soup recipe looks wonderful - who ever posted that thank you very much as soup, stew, and crockpot weather is fast approaching!

Stressful at work right now but I am trying to put in a ton of time and effort to get everything back on track and going smoothly.

I am still feeling cruddy from that cold that I had a while back, just does not seem to want to let go all the way. But I will get back to the gym starting this weekend and that will help get me back on track.

Off to my TOPS meeting and W/I so wish me luck... I will most likely pull a turtle but that is better than a gain!

Princess

Last edited by Princess1122; 09-09-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:17 PM   #17  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
We are really hopping here! Today has been another good day for me. I had Shredded Wheat and milk and 1/2 peach for breakfast, a banana mid-morning, tuna salad with ff cottage cheese on an English muffin with plenty of salad for lunch, a ff yogurt for snack, chicken and whole wheat couscous (with a bit of onion and peas) for dinner, and I'll have my ff salt free popcorn tonight around nine o'clock. Thanks for the lunch ideas. I'm not a big salad fan, but I realize that when I get a big one all made up (enough for three days or so) that it's easy to go to and add some protein and it works out fine. i also like the ease I'm putting myself under by allowing myself 1-2 points in bread a day. I should lose weight still under this system and if I don't I'll have to tweak the plan. Although I have cravings, I'm doing okay and I've already lost a pound so this is definitely worth it!

Bandit, have a great weekend with your friends. Thanks for the lunch tips. Leftovers are great and something I forgot about. By the way, I loved the zucchini/vegetable/stuffing casserole and so did my dh.

Cherry, I see you've lost more weight! Keep on moving and chiming in.
: weigh to go!

KimL, OG is a toughie. The salt alone would do me in. I find drinking more water helps when that happens. Do you know about Dotti's Weight Loss site? I'll look up the right site name and post it. She has WW point values for many many restaurants and their menus. Very helpful! Dottisweightlosszone is the correct site name.

Mrs. THO6, great soup recipe. Thanks so much.

Princess, so glad you're looking into remodeling your bathroom. I know it's expensive, but you'll be so happy once it's done. :smile: I know you do a great job at work and I'm sure your employer is happy at what you can lead your team to do. Weigh to go! Good luck with your : this week.

I've turned things around and then I've got dinner out at friends' tomorrow, then a festival on Sat. Being on core is harder at these places because the food items are more limited. I'll have to do some careful planning about all this. Have a great weekend everyone!
Judy
234.6/191.4/170's by 9/30

Last edited by Itryharder; 09-09-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:49 PM   #18  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Itryharder~ Thank you for the website! CONGRATS on your loss!!!

Princess1122
~ How was your weigh in?

MrsTH06~ Meatball soup looks super yummy!

bandit2~ I had yogurt mixed with granola and raspberries for breakfast, chicken stirfry with couscous for lunch and a Jell-O mousse cup (SUPER TASTY!!!), and a salad and homemade wheat pizza w/mushrooms, onions and tomatoes and low fat cheese.

I managed to get in two really good work outs today which has me super excited! I went to the gym and walked on the treadmill for 66 minutes at an average 5% grade (I got as high as 10% for 5 minutes). I then went for a walk after dinner. Favorite part of my post dinner walk would be when I did a face plant on one of the sidewalks after tripping over a curb that they paved up onto so I didn't see it. I'm actually pretty impressed with myself, because even though I was covered in mud and a little blood, I walked another two miles before giving in to the rain. Walking in the rain with glasses = being blind. I definitely need to wear a hat next time and not count on my hood as it really didn't keep any of the rain out of my face.

Have a great night everyone and Happy ALMOST Friday!!!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:39 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

So the morning with eating started off horrible. Breakfast was a banana with a Sierra Mist. I was stuck in a computer class with vending machine only so I just avoided them. So I was starving by the time I got home but I did not go crazy. Lunch was a wheat wrap with lettuce, some 2% cheese, and grilled chicken breast. How important is it to use all your points. I took a much needed three hour nap. Then I ate a late dinner which was chicken breast, peas and carrot, and the mashed sweet potatoe recipe, which was pretty good. But I still have alot of points left, but I am full so I am not going to worry about it.

Exercise I am still working on that part, did I mention how much I hate exercising. I am still working on psyching myself up about that. But other than that a good day.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:34 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Princess - hope your weigh in went well. A turtle is great - better than a gain anytime. I know what you mean about the renovations - and for me it always costs more since I really have no one that is handy including myself, so gets super expensive when you have to pay for the basics as well as all the other stuff. BUt be patient & you will end up having a nice area of your home all fixed up.

Judy - your menu is very impressive and sounds right on track. Good for you!

Kim - sorry to hear about your fall, sounds nasty - hope you are OK. Nice job on keeping on going after that.

Life - Yes, exercising can be challenging at times. BUt I find the more I go the better it gets. So, just try and get into a routine and before you know it, you will be looking forward to it (at least this is what I keep hearing)
Hehe

My weigh in last night was not good. I was up 1.75# and I know it was from all the salty things I had including cottage roll and potatoe chips, which I got carried with. But, I did show up at my meeting and faced the scale even though I knew I would be up. I find skipping my meetings does not help and I want to be accountable even when I fall off my programme.

As always, we can only try our best and every now and then we do get side tracked and I am lucky to have all of you with your encouragement, tips and motivation to keep me from never getting back on track. Thank you!

Everyone else - I hope you all have a great weekend.

I am just packing up and heading for my ladies night at the trailer & am going to suggest all us ladies do a big walk BEFORE the fun begins.

Take care & drink more water!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #21  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

bandit2~ I'm okay, a few scrapes and bruises, but okay. Good job keeping yourself accountable! Have fun this weekend!

life4evr~ Not hitting your points is not a big deal every now and then, but consistently not hitting them can sometimes cause a stall in weight loss. Lots of chicken yesterday!

I'm feeling okay today, a few scrapes and bruises, but nothing too painful. I did pat myself on the back this morning for leaving the faculty room with only half a bagel and some grapes (today is Friday goodies). There was lots of super yummy food, but I just focused on a couple things and left with some of the other ladies. I think my plan will be to swoop in, grab something healthy and then leave with the other ladies who have snack duty (watchin the munchkins eating snack).

Today my plan is to hit up the gym right after school, and then I'm not sure. One of my friends wants to go to Burlington (about 45 min. away), but she hasn't gotten back to me about whether or not she wants to go. Kind of throws off my dinner plans, but I have something in mind either way.

Happy Friday everyone!!!

Last edited by KimL1214; 09-10-2010 at 10:56 AM.
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #22  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Life4evr - I know how hard it can be to get motivated to exercise. I was there too. But since I've started, I feel so much better than without exercising. Good luck psyching yourself up for that!

Bandit - sounds like you have a great plan for your ladies night.

Kim - Good job on dealing with the Friday treat day! Today is the same thing here at work and I'm hoping I can avoid the big box of donuts!
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:29 PM   #23  

Today hasn't been so great. I ate something which way too much grease and my stomach is not happy with me. Yeah alot of chicken lol it was the only thing cooked, and I was too tired to hunt for some more meat to cook. I am just glad it is Friday. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:29 PM   #24  

Hi all and happy Friday to everyone! Ahh, the weekend is finally here!

Got my house cleaning done and it was not too bad, got some things moved around and cleaned under a few things that have not been cleaned in a very long time... LOL, dust/hair balls the size of texas... ugh! But! I am done now and only have to worry about the laundry...yeah.

Yes, the bathroom remodel is going to be more expensive then we thought but it will be worth it... and it is getting done just in time as the bath tub faucet has a very large steady stream dripping now I am so ready to have all of that old stuff torn out and a new sparkly clean room appear... LOL

Bandit: DH and I are not handy at all either... we have to pay someone else to do most everything, DH can do a few things and I have gotten lucky one or two times at the things I have tried to repair but over all we are not good at it. Have a great weekend! I pulled a turtle last night... LOL! Something just told me I would!

Judy: Sounds like you have it figured out! Great job! You are so willing to try new things and revisit things that have worked for you in the past that it was bound to happen sooner or later! Have a wonderful weekend!

Kim: Sooo sorry that you hurt yourself! Ugh.... that is never fun! Get better and congrats on the exercise!

Peanut: How are you doing? Donuts at work are just plain evil! But we have folks that bring them in too... not as much as other places that I have worked thank the Lord! Some places were crazy and had food every single day, organized pitch in's on a regular basis, etc... it was nuts! And very hard to stay on track in that environment. Good luck!

Life4evr: I have made the same mistake... and oh do we pay for it afterwards when we are not used to eating the greasy stuff anymore. I hope you feel better!

MrsTho6: How are you doing? Any big plans for the weekend? Have a wonderful evening!

Cherry: How are you doing these days? Moving is hard work! One of things that I truly do not like to do as a matter of fact... LOL. I always say that you know who your real friends are on moving day... LOL.

Went to the doctor today because I can not seem to get rid of this flu/cold thing, it is gone but I am still coughing and very congested. He has me on a ton of meds and if that does not work I go for a chest xray.... hoping the meds work... but they are all steroid based and I do not do well on those... I always gain weight... oh well, if I can feel better then it is worth it.

Signing off for now, have a great evening everyone!

Last edited by Princess1122; 09-10-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:21 PM   #25  

Today eating has not been that bad. I had a late start today. I have managed to avoid the fast food and I pass several of them to and from work. I am trying a ww recipe now but I am not sure how it is going to turn out.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:54 AM   #26  

Good morning everyone! Sunday already??? How did that happen... LOL!

Yesterday was busy, went to DS rugby game but it started raining so we packed up and headed to the grocery store to get that done... yep, I am a fair weather fan - LOL. I am just not one to sit in a rain storm at a sporting event even if it is one of my DS's playing.

Going to breakfast with the family this morning, not sure where we are going yet but will make the best choices that I can and just enjoy being out with the family and not having to cook

I hope that everyone is doing well and enjoying their weekend.
Princess
Old 09-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #27  

Today was my weigh in day. It was great. I lost like three pounds. I weighed myself about three times. LOL it was early and I was like I must be seeing stuff. It was right though. So I am happy, I think some of it was water weight. Today has been good. I have learned if I have to get something to eat while out Subway is usually my best bet.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #28  
Chick

Princess, my weekend flew too! Having a tough time with food, but I'm getting closer to Core today and I'm planning better.

Life4evr, :
3# down! Weigh to go. You're doing great! Keep up the good work. Yes, I like Subway too. Either an all veggie 6" hero or even a salad work out great for me. Thanks for the reminder.

Everybody have a great day and keep on keepin' on.
Judy
234.6/? too high/170's by 9/30
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:27 PM   #29  

My eating hasn't been great but it hasn't been horrible. It has been rough day for me personally so I am physically drained. But I didn't over eat which I tend to. And managed to do a yoga tape for 30 minutes before I was too tired. Hopefully tomorrow gets better.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:04 PM   #30  
Returnee

Ok, so where is the smiley for crawling back in here on my hands and knees???

I just logged in and the last time was August 18th?????
Are you kidding me???? I've been AWOL in very non-Tessa-like fashion.

Princess, Judy, Kim (I'm still enjoying those buffalo wraps!), Cherry and Bandit!!!

I've missed you guys! Promise not to disappear again...

Had a mini melt down due to my right elbow - I think that was my last post. Oh, you better believe I'm blaming those rabbits. It is THEIR fault - otherwise I'd have had no reason for constant shoveling! Had another cortisone shot in the right elbow yesterday (something to ponder - what a needle feels like in your funny bone - ain't so stinkin' funny! LOL!) and I think I'll live. Went up a couple pounds during my "whoa is me" pity party but am back down. I'd say I'm in new territory, but it's not entirely new - it's more like I dusted off the map of an area I once visited long ago and hope to only be passing through...

Also, discovered Zumba. Down 7.8 pounds in 3 weeks. All hail the mighty Zumba!!!!! LOL!

Hi and Howdy to Life4evr (awesome loss!), MrsT and Peanutt!!! Looking forward to getting to know you guys.

Ok, slinking back to do penance for the AWOL - instead of 20 push ups can I do 20 booty shakes instead? I have Zumba tonight....

Later gators,

Tes
Clever Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote