Old 09-07-2010, 01:06 PM   #16  
Thursday Lady

Mrs. T
We are so glad you found us. Please stay!!!

I am Tina--married to a great guy and have one grown son--we live in TX.
Made Lifetime in '93 but have been above goal for some time.

Marinade---I made some and put on thin steaks. Not good. They smelled up the whole house. Yuck!
I used soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch of garlic. Maybe the steaks should've been thicker. But, that marinade smell was the pits!

Maureen, taking it easy on vacation is the point, isn 't it.
Congratulations on that fabuous loss.

Okay group, let's heaer from everyone this week.

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:05 AM   #17  

Thanks for the welcome!!

I'm afraid I had a stressful day and I think I ate everything in sight so today and Thursday I need to be on my very best behaviro and get my miles in!
MrsTH06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:29 AM   #18  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi Mrs. T!!!!

I'm Jeanne, married to a great guy, have 2 grown daughters, a house dog, a house rabbit and I work for a CHOCOLATE Company! I've been on WW since Dec. 27 and have lost 40+ pounds! Love the program! Love 3FC!
A few of us set some mini goals. Shooting for 20# by Halloween!

Maureen - WOW! Way to go girl!

Dori - Sooooo glad you "stopped" in! We miss you!

Toughchick - I think you are the 3rd or maybe 4th Canadian Chick in our group! How is your week going so far?

Hey Texas - how's the weather????? We are suppose to drop into the 70's today and stay there for the next 5 - 7 days! Wooooo. We need RAIN!

Have a great day. Headed out to WI, get my lovely weekly allergy shots and then to work! We have so much to do in the store that is closing 9/30. Found out yesterday, we have to be out by 4:00 p.m. on THAT DAY! Urgh. Thinking we are going to try and finish up with the sales by the 25th.
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:06 AM   #19  
jeanne

Hey!!!! Are my TEXAS FRIENDS ok????????? Heard that there was some major storms (twisters & flooding) in Arlington and surrounding areas!
Prayers that you are safe! Love ya!

The news showed a lot of heartbreaking stories!
Old 09-09-2010, 07:24 AM   #20  
jeanne

Just got a text from Susan that her & Pat are fine! Lots of rain and lots of sirens......but they are good!!!

Tina?????
Old 09-09-2010, 10:19 AM   #21  
Thursday Lady

Morning,
Jeanne, we are fine. Lots of rain here for one day but nothing like some parts of Texas. We were lucky that the storm went in further down the coast. Only on the outer band of that rain for us.

Jeanne, when is closing day for your stores. I've been thinking a whole lot about you, friend.

Maureen, have you made any little trips?

Susan, I know you are out there!!!!! Please post.

We miss everyone who hasn't posted in awhile.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:44 AM   #22  
jeanne

Tina! So glad you didn't have any damage!

We will be closing Hallmark on Sept. 30th and then the candy store in Pittsburgh will close on Dec. 31st. That is my last day!
Thanks for thinking of me. I have made a decision......I'm going to collect unemployment for a little while and just focus on "me". Diet, exercise, house, stuff like that!

Well everyone have a great day! Lovely cool one here in PA!
Old 09-09-2010, 10:01 PM   #23  
Susan

I'm here!!! Ok if I don't post at the beginning of the month.... somebody PLEASE tell me there is a new thread!!! I thought, I can't believe it's been so quiet. Duh!! It's me!!! Silly me!

We are ok, lots of storms and tornado warnings and several touch downs yesterday. It was pretty scary!!! I got home and I heard the sirens going off to take cover. I called Pat who was on the way home to tell him. Luckily, we were ok and nothing here! It seems like it always storms when he is not home. He made it home from work safely. We got over 5 inches of rain!!!

School is going good. I'm busy all the time but that's ok.

I got my allergy shots this morning and my arm is itching. Has been all day! Cortaid hasn't helped!

I'm ready to start really dropping some pounds. I'm in for a Halloween challenge. I would like to lose 10-15 pounds. I have to be reasonable since I know I don't lose fast.

Hugs everyone!!!! I've missed you!!!!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:43 AM   #24  
jeanne

Morning everyone!

Susan - that is a very reasonable goal! We will do this!!!!!!!
I get 3 allergy shots every Weds.......Sometimes I get quite a reaction too!

Well, I didn't do very well yesterday. I started off with the best of intentions. As my day went, I decided to have donut. Talked myself into only 1/2 a donut and threw the other 1/2 out. Which was a wise decision. However...........the 2 - TWO - LARGE TURTLES I ate weren't such a wise decisioun! Then Taco Bell for dinner. AND THEN......Urgh.......I picked before bedtime. Again.....started with the best of intentions.....a 1 Point Frozen Strawberry Bar. But.........then Bob had potato chips and I couldn't get out of those! Urgh again. This is one of those KICK ME IN THE BUTT moments girls!

Well up at 5 and packed Bobs lunch and made mine with lots of healthy snacks and drinks. So, hoping for a better day.

Have a great Friday ladies & talk to you later!
Old 09-10-2010, 02:56 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Very happy that all the Texans are safe and sound-
I've been waiting since noon & it could be until 5PM for a fridge to be delivered!! I hate waiting for deliveries or cable people etc to arrive!!
I've managed to stick to program so, so far I'm doing okay-I'm up for the Halloween challenge. Hopefully 5 to 10 lbs loss - I'd be in heaven

hope you're all having a great Friday

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #26  
Thursday Lady

TGIF

Okay, Halloween Challenge time-----I'll say 4 pounds. That's all because we have a one-week vacation in Oct. and I know I'll stray.

Has anyone had an MRI? I had one this morning. (The doc wants to see for sure why the left side of my back continues to ache and cause me pain.)
The MRI was not until 11:00 A.M., but, I couldn't eat or drink anything after midnight last night. Don't you think I should lose at least 1/2 lb for doing that?
(The results will be sent to the doctor on Monday.)

Maureen, waiting is the pitts! What kind of frig are you getting, stainless steel?
Jeanne, you make me laugh. Hey, you threw away 1/2 of that donut.

Susan, I will remember to send you a text about the new threads.

Any plans for the weekend? Nothing going on here.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:52 PM   #27  
Susan

Hi,

So I had intentions of being good and didn't! I'll just stop there!! I came home tonight laid down on 1/2 of the couch with mu feet hanging off the end and woke up to pitch black. I slept 2 hours!!!

My aunt died on Wednesday. I have struggled with going home for the funeral. After talking to my big sister, I decided to stay here. Monday is Zdaddy's birthday and next weekend will be his 6 month anniversary. We figure Momma would take it harder if I left and didn't stay a little longer. Mom and my aunt were not close at all. However they were still sisters. My uncle died about 20 years ago.

Tina, thanks for the reminders!! You know I need them. I've had a MRI before fir my knee and one when I was pregnant.

Maureen, did you get your fridge? I hate waiting too?

Jeanne, cute picture of Bob and his dad on fb!

Tammy, how are you?

I'm going to try to read but will probably end up falling asleep!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:20 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all

well, my holidays are almost over and I did nothing-as the comedy network advertises "Time well wasted!!!"
I got my fridge-it was supposed to be delivered august 21st-I bought a new fridge, stove & dishwasher(stainless) but apparently it was damaged in montreal so they had to send me another one. I also paid to have the door swing the opposite way and they didn't do that-so I'm off to the store at 9 to get a credit(they charge $25 to change it) once these are paid for then I want to redo the counters,sink & cabinets in the kitchen-it all takes time
I did manage to remove the border in the second bedroom now I have to paint.

My brother & his lady are coming over for supper tonight-he's a pickier eater than I am but he eats meat-so I found a crockpot recipe for chicken thighs. I just finished putting it together, I'll let you know how they like it.

Oh I bought an over the range microwave and my brother in law's going to install it this morning. My place is slowly coming together. It's a good thing I work full time-(I bought the microwave with cash but the appliances, my car & my condo!! Holy, I've never been in so much debt!!! LOL) it's all manageable though-my appliances were interest free & 36 months to pay but I'm paying them fast & will have them gone in a few months. Oh well, I guess that's why we work

I hope we all have a good day

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #29  
Thursday Lady

Morning, Maureen, I'm glad the fridge finally came, if not with the door the correct way. Grrr... Why can't people get anything correct anymore????!!!??
Wow, you are really getting your place fixed up.
When can we come up for dinner?

Susan, I am so sorry about your aunt's passing.
Girl, you need to take care of yourself. Get some rest this weekend.

Jeanne, are you working today?
Dori, tell us all about school.
Clint are you out fishing?
Nikki, we miss you. Mimi, we miss you, too.
Tammy, how is little Maurice? How are you? How are Tim and Lauren? See, you need to come back here and talk.
Mrs. T and toughchick, how are you two doing OP?
Later.....
Old 09-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 243/186.5/160

Height: 5'8

HELLO EVERYONE
YES I AM STILL HERE. We had some internet issues but got it all figured out. As well I have been TOTALLY busy. School started again and this was the first week with the kids, In a brand new pilot project for youth with metal health and addiction issues. CRAZY BUSY!!.
Also I started Tae Kwon Do this week...going two times a week..Totally awesome, but I am feeling muscles I never knew I had. I only missed one day of running this week so I think all in all, I am doing ok.
I kept on track for my eating.....but maybe that because I don't have a whole lot of time to think about it. 2 kids and hubby, fulltime job, excercise, who has time to eat....HA HA HA

Anyways, thanks for the welcome wishes and I hope to be in touch a little more often. I hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend.
toughchick is offline   Reply With Quote