Wednesday Weigh In!

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Down 1.6! 8.2 pounds to go! Hope everyone else had a good week!
  • Back after two weeks away
    Last week I was in Las Vegas, finishing up a business trip. So I went and weighed in on Friday, assuming the worse. I was down .8 lb!

So I get back on program, weigh in today on my regular meeting day, and I'm up .4 lbs. There is no sense.

In Vegas I did do a lot of walking (was at a trade show buying fabric for my retail store). But eating was a challenge, especially because of the time zone difference and the high cost of food.

My body clock was three hours later than Vegas time, and to add to the problem, we had just changed to Daylight savings time back east (Syracuse, NY). I always have a hard time adjusting to the time change in the Spring, and the 3 time zones made it worse. One of my colleagues who was flying in from California actually suggested an 8:30 pm dinner meeting--yeah right. Like I really want to eat dinner at 11:30 pm my circadian clock time! Also, my partner is a diabetic and it was even more important to control her eating schedule.

Food cost was also a problem. We are not gamblers, and so do not get the infamous "comps" that you can use for food. It was impossible to get a meal for two under $50, and that included breakfast! The portions were huge. One morning I thought I would try to be "good" and got a bran muffin ($4.95) and coffee ($2.50). A bowl of fruit was $6.95. A grapefruit $4.99! So they brought out this bran muffin on a plate, heated, with pecans in sugar syrup on the top! I had some of my partner's ham (they gave her a full ham slice) and ate the muffin. It was delicious, but I'm sure the points were outrageous.

I did see some sign of improved behavior. When my Chinese salt and pepper shrimp turned out to be battered deep-fryed shrimp, I actually took off some of the breading and ate them without--they were pretty disgusting and the chinese cook who made them should be ashamed of himself.

Oh well, life goes on. There is always tommorrow!
  • Anybody else still here? I'm down .2, which isn't much,but at least its going in the right direction. I bought a WW pedometer, see if I can up my activity.
  • I weighed in today and was up .6. I was discouraged but figure that in the long run,it will all work out. I'll redouble my efforts and try to eat more veggies.
  • I'm with you on the veggies. When I first started I was eating carrot & celery sticks. If I get one salad a week I'm doing good. (I do eat cooked veggies) I'm hoping the warmer weather will make cold veggies more appealing.
  • Down 1.4. 151.8. 145 is goal.

Even my strange, mule headed hubby, who says he's proud of me, but never says much else, told me tonight, I need some new jeans, cuz my others are getting really baggy, and even a new dress! OMG! I darn near fainted! Ironically, I saw a couple of really cute dresses in a catalog today. So I'm thinking, pay up Bubba! I so want the cute, sleeveless, leapard print, knee length dress, I saw in a catalog, along with this dress, http:///www.pyramidcollection.com/it...XS&dispRow=268 Hope the link works. If not, it's from the Pyramid Collection catalog.
  • Down another 1.4, seems to be my number!

Happy Easter everyone!
  • Down .8! Broke 150. 149.6!
  • wednesday weigh in
    HI, I just started today so I will be weighing in on Wednesdays. Wish me luck and I wil report next week. Best to all!
  • Hi stargazer! Glad to see you -- let's rev up this thread again.

I went back to meetings Wednesday -- 274.5. Long way to go!
  • Is anyone else still weighing in on Wednesdays? I had my first weigh-in today (in my bathroom since i'm doing WW online), but I don't want to resurrect the thread if no one else is going to join in LOL
  • I'm a Wed. at-work weight watcher. I'd love to revive this thread even if it is just for a couple of us.

Current weight 186, last week weigh in. Up 1 pound. Ugh. I hope to drop it, plus more, this coming Wednesday 9/7.

My at work scale ranges .2 below my at home scale to right on with my home scale. I guess it depends on how much I eat for breakfast and water I drink before the noon weigh in.

I've gone to in-town meetings as well, and weighed in there 2x. The results there are 2 full pounds less than my at home scale. It is dangerous to go there and weigh in because I get excited only to go to the next at-work weigh in and show a gain!

This week's gain was TOM. There is nothing I would do differently.

I am adding some activity to my week, but nothing earth shaking so I won't use activity points.

So Wednesday weigh in folks, if you want to join me in this thread, please do.

Donna
  • I was down 2.4 this week.
  • I'm a Wed weigh in girl. I'm so glad I found you guys. I will be posting on Wed morning. Looking forward to hearing all the loses!!!!!
  • Ok well I weighed this morning and have lost 4 lbs this week. That makes a total of 17 lbs gone in just 3 weeks!!!! I am so excited!!!!!! I am beginning to feel the difference in my jeans!!!!!! I hope everyone else did well this week.