Old 06-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Default Thursday Chatters for June Heat

Hello all,
This is the place to come chat. At some time, we have all weighed on Thursdays and have followed WW.
Even if you don't, you are welcome here. We give support, have fun, overall just try to solve all the problems of the world.

Diane, I'm going to Target right now to walk.
That will be one of my days of exercise.
Elyn, what are you serving tonight?
Susan, vacation, vacation, vacation!
Tammy, please take care and relax.
Dori, are you out of school?
Jeanne, how was the parade?
Marion, any tests this week?
Maureen, thanks for the birth date. I'm so glad you had a good visit with everyone.
Yooper and Clint how was your weekend?
Zan, being young, do you like to cook or just get take-out? My son would rather nuke things or have fast food.

Everyone have a fantastic day.

Tina
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:12 PM   #2  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Well, Tina. My mom taught her kids to cook, , and unfortunately I have learned far too well (note starting weight of almost 260lbs ).

I'm an oddball in that way, Fast Food was fine every once in a long while, but I didn't like the taste of most of it and would rather throw something together myself.

I am working on relearning how to cook healthier.
Previously I was mostly a dessert maker, as the leftovers tend to disappear quicker than anything else. My brother told me that I make a mean Sheppard's Pie as well , but now I basically stopped cooking since moving away from my parents' house and starting WW. So now I focus on raw fruits, veggies, single serving jello/pudding cups, and smartones between my rare cooking experiments.

I'd be cooking more now, but since there's only me to feed (and a strong aversion to leftovers), I think I'll focus on produce for now. Plus that is similar to the quick food option your son takes, it's also easier to eat while playing computer games!

[If you had my mom's leftover casserole you'd understand, . But it makes sense to me now looking back, sometimes you had to stretch out your pennies to make it to the next paycheck and four kids could do that to a set of parents]

Last edited by zanheltangia; 06-01-2010 at 12:15 PM.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:39 PM   #3  
ready to be healthy!

S/C/G: 290/264/170

Height: 5*4

Happy Tues everyone!!!

Welcome all the newcomers!!!! U have found the best support system ever!!!!

Hope everyone had a great memorial day weekend!!! I have to make a confession and say that I definatley DID NOT stay on point Im ashamed lol.....ill hopefully make up for it this week. Although I did do lots of yard work and swimming and I was pouring sweat!!! So maybe that helped burn calories??!! lol Im tryin to justify.......

As for this week its a short one!!! What could be better...........well I can think of alot but hey ....Ill take it!!!!

I finally got some sun!!!!! whoo hooo I no longer am translucent lol

For all the newbies, Im nikki Im 26 from Ohio. I just got back on track after being pregnant unfortunatly I was only pregnant for 4 mths. I came back to find my lovely ladies still here to help me through this long journey!!! they are all fantastic!!! So Im on a mission now to loose about 90 more lbs!!!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!! Ill chat more in a bit!!!
<3 Nikki
nikkic718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:51 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Nikki, You definitely burned calories with all the yardwork and swimming! I'm jealous because I don't have a pool to use.
You can do it and you will!!

Guess what--today I am journaling and getting in all my calcium. I expect to see that scale move this week.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:12 PM   #5  
ready to be healthy!

S/C/G: 290/264/170

Height: 5*4

whooo hoooo tina!!!!
nikkic718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:37 PM   #6  
Susan

3 more days!!!!!!!!! and counting down!!!!! We get a check off list and I've started doing the stuff on it. I also have my room almost completely packed. It will be tomorrow. Well, actually on Friday.

Tina, Thanks for starting us off!!!

Nikki, you got plenty of exercise! Your body has been through alot so just be gentle with yourself!

Oh it's tomato time!!!! I just harvested and ate some!!! YUM!!!!! If you were all closer in a few weeks, I'd be giving them to you.
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 208.6/202.6/150 Joined 5/6/10

Tina and Niki - great job on the exercise.
Zan-When you learn how to cook health you can teach me.
Auntie-Tomato time is the best.
I did walk 2 miles today but I did not write down my points. I will Wednesday.
Have a great week everyone!
MotorCityGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #8  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon everyone! Woooosh, theres a storm brewing here........they are calling for heavy winds and hail!
Tonight is Zumba......I NEED TO ZUMBA!!!! I can't get enough to eat today! And....I definately went over in points, I'm negative 6! Yikes and that includes my zumba activity swapped points! Ahhhhh! Someone kick my behind!

Diane - good job on the walk!

Susan - YAY!!! Don't cha' love summer break? *hugs to ya girlfriend!

Tina - Good job journaling! I heard that the temps were OUTRAGOUSLY Hot where you are?!?!?!?

Nikki - you definately burned calories this w/e! Good for you!

Zan - good for you on knowing how to cook and saying no to fastfood!

Tammy, Dori, Maureen and Clint........hey folks! Hope you're all drinking your water and shaking those bootys!!!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #9  
Thursday Lady

Zumba
I need Zumba, too.
Last night, we went to a cafeteria. I counted my points. Then , Larry and I shared a piece of cake with delicious icing. So, I counted in all of my 35 flex points for that.
Jeanne, consider yourself kicked.

Everyone have a great evening.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 215/213/160

Height: 5'3

Smile newbie here :)

Hello everyone ,
My name is Dana, I am at 38 yr old mother to three girls. I am new to all of this so it might take me awhile to get the hang of it ... I have been doing WW for two weeks now and feeling pretty good. I have have a few difficult moments but am learning to cope I have really loved reading the posts here and for the first time don't feel so alone , I also feel that losing the weight and living healthier is really possible . So many failed attempts in the past have made me feel like I was destined to live like this forever... I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and supporting each other in this journey . Hope everyone has a fabulous day !!
mum2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:38 PM   #11  
Susan

Welcome to the group Dana! Glad you joined us!!

2 days and counting!!! (Like I'm taking off or something!)

Zumba is something I don't think I can do. I have NO coordination!!!! It sounds fun. If I was doing with ya'll now that would be a blast!!!

Jeanne, good for you for doing Zumba! You'll get it under control tomorrow!

Tina, do you like your new place? Does it have a gym?

Diane, how are you doing?

Maureen, how's work?

Zan, I'm a horrible cook and so is my Mom! We loved it when my Daddy would cook!

Mimi, way to go on walking! I need to look for my dvd.

Once school is out, It's back to the gym for me. I hear the pool calling my name!!!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Welcome Dana!!!!! You will love it here.

Susan, no we don't have anything but a townhouse. They are going to build more townhouses behind us soon. We were talking with our neighbor and wishing they'd just put in a pool. I'm afraid the builder wouldn't like that idea----it's money, money, money.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone
welcome aboard Dana-you most certainly are not alone in this journey-we're all here-
Susan, lucky you for being off for the summer-do you actually enjoy yourself and take the summer off-or do you have to take courses or anything?
as for work-I really wish I was anywhere else but there-I don't mind the work-I don't mind being busy-but I'd really rather have my old job back in edmonton.

you know if we all got webcams( and could figure out how to use them lol) we could all do zumba together !!! that would be a blast

Tina-that would be great having a pool-is there one close by to your complex at least?
I hope everyone else is doing fantastic and let's try to stay close to program anyway-good grief we can't be perfect we're human

take care
maureen

Last edited by maureen kempster; 06-02-2010 at 08:55 PM.
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 208.6/202.6/150 Joined 5/6/10

Welcome Dana
You will love it here!
Went to baseball-no excercise today but I did journal. Scared to weight in on Thursday, but not going to sweat it.
Auntie 2 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MotorCityGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:37 PM   #15  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

DANA!!!

Yeah, but stick Congri in front of me, Jar, and watch out! (Congri = Cuban Black beans and Rice with a little meat and green peppers) *drools* Oh! Excuse me *dabs at face with napkin*

Motor, I've knocked down the amount of baking/cooking ingredients that I can have in the house at any one moment in time, just for that reason alone! It is so hard not to cook something dangerous,

Yeah, Auntie, it got to the point where us kids wouldn't eat anything Mom cooked (leftover casserole *shudder*) even though she is a good adult-food-cook. So Dad took over and Mom has sworn off cooking ever since and is very happy about that! (She found a way out of the kitchen, Go mom! *cheer*)

Though Dad's chilli is deadly good as well.... Glad I just ate or I'd make myself hungry talking about this. Maybe we should have a "***FOOD SPOILER***" alert just as if we were chatting about a new movie or something. That way we know not to read on if we were hungry, haha!

Sorry for the Babbling, this girl needs to crash! Way past my bedtime,
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote