Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 10:28 AM   #1  
Turtle Buddy

Default Turtle Club #81

Hi, Everyone,

Here's my "official" version of the fable:

The Hare and the Tortoise

A hare met a tortoise one day and made fun of him for the slow and clumsy way in which he walked.

The tortoise laughed and said, "I will run a race with you any time that you choose."

"Very well," replied the hare, "we will start at once."

The tortoise immediately set off in his slow and steady way without waiting a moment or looking back. The hare, on the other hand, treated the matter as a joke and decided to take a little nap before starting, for she thought that it would be an easy matter to overtake her rival.

The tortoise plodded on, and meanwhile the hare overslept herself, with the result that she arrived at the winning-post only to see that the tortoise had got in before her.

Moral: Slow and steady wins the race.

This comes from a book handed down from my grandmother to my mother to me. The book is so old it doesn't have a copyright date or an author/editor's credit.

That fable has been the motivation for us turtles for about three years. Someone on the ancient WW forum mentioned the fable and I discovered it was very motivational for me. I talked about it in posts and other people said that the tortoise philosophy worked for them, too. So, I started a thread for us turtle types.

We work toward accepting that our bodies have a natural speed of weight loss when we choose to live a healthy life, instead of "going on a diet". Many of us have experienced "the diets" as go on/lose weight-- go off/ gain the weight plus more back.

We choose to perservere with each choice we make throughout the day. We believe that choosing to be slow, steady turtles helps us to learn the skills we need to in order to lose and keep off the weight. Our main focus is to become the healthiest people we can be.

So, welcome to all who realize that losing and maintaining a weight loss is a lifestyle change. And who want support as we all learn the skills we need to successfully make the changes that will allow us to reach our goals.

Lin
Old 09-16-2002, 11:01 AM   #2  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, Turtles,

Kathy, Curves sounds wonderful. Wish there was one here and I could afford it. I do much better with exercise when I do it with other people. I like the social aspect of classes.

I love your story about your mother. That's so cool.

April, size smaller undies-woo-hoo! That's success, as is loose pants.

Judy, the way you handled your vacation with your dd was great. You're getting a handle on your family and other social occasions. That's so great to hear, since you've struggled with this for so long.

Glad to hear that you've also stopped gaining weight. Good luck with finding a WW meeting to attend.

Lauren, thanks for the hugs on 9/11. I was thinking of you all that day, but couldn't get on to post. Looking forward to a longer post when you get some time. Been wondering how you're doing.

Hi, Erin. Hope you get a chance to post soon.

I'm doing OK. It's time to get my son--the one who never does anything sooner than he has to--to start packing up his stuff for college.

I've decided to change my approach on the book. I think doing a scene-by-scene outline of the whole thing is futile for me. My brain has never worked that way and I doubt it ever will. So, I'm going to go with what I know works or the book won't get written at all. Not being able to do that may mean that I won't ever be able to take the class as a participant instead of auditor, since the teacher is big on outlines and requires them as homework. But what's important to me is that I learn what I need to know to effectively write my stories.

And, as a result of that decision, I've started to come up with the first scene. I hope to write a draft of that scene today. I'm not posting it on the homework thread, though, because I won't polish it until the rest of the book is done. Editing as I go doesn't work for me, either.

I'm spending a lot of time online these days because I've been training to moderate forums on two boards. I finished my Harry Potter training last night, so I'm starting to work on them today. The other forum is the writing one and we haven't done the orientation yet. We're starting to do online tutorials. So, I'm dividing my volunteer time between the two boards.

Moderating on the writing forum is a real motivator for doing the writing, too. It's the first requirement for moderators. We have to be actively writing and submit our work for publication. And we have to be posting about our writing, etc. So, that's incentive to avoid procrastination. To fight the times when you think the muse has gone on vacation. (rare for me, but it happens on occasion) And to keep plugging away at it-one word at a time.

I'm doing so-so with my weight goals. My eating pattern has been odd. Good choices, but often too much on the plate. I've been working on walking every day again. I prefer the way I feel when I walk. Today I should have a good workout. I have to go with my son to the mall to get him a haircut. So, my goals are to get my portions back into control and to walk every day.

Have you looked at the smilies? They're up to 101 of them. Most of them are pretty cool! I like them. Some people don't, but I think they're fun.

Have a great day. Happy turtlin'!

Lin
Old 09-16-2002, 02:25 PM   #3  

Hi Turtles...All well here. I am up a lb but I think it is water/pms..I don't feel anxious or cranky or anything, but I am up a lb from when I first joined Curves...It could be the milkshake I had the other night too!! My goal this week is to cut way way way down on carbs..the bad carbs, the ones with sugar, white flour, white rice, etc. And I am going to bring my own salad dresssing to work. I don't know what the cafateria point count is but I am sure it is more then my "just 2 good" stuff. I told my dh this am that from now on he is to buy no more junk food. I don't want it laying around my house, talking to me, telling me to eat it..If he really wants someting (and he shouldn't, he is getting a big pudge on him and that is not good for his back) he can have it out side the house,. I will tell our kinda houseguest that no morejunk food is allowed in here, He can keep it in the trailer.

I have great news...I might get to meet my dd from Louisana in Las Vegas. She will be traveling with the Air Force shooting team and shooting a big match in Las Vegas. If I get to go we could be tog from Wed to Monday. I want to see her sooo much, and I esp want to see her shoot. It would be my first trip alone except for flying home from Europe a couple years ago. Got to talk my dh into it. It will only cost 160.00 for air fare, and she will help pay half the hotel room, Then I will just need a car. I am sure we can eat cheap. I will not be drinking as I am still on nail fungas medication. Anyway I sure would like to go. of course if i do go, I will hear about it till the end of the world...(dh always reminds me on how many trips I have taken to see my girls without him..I would take him with me but he doesn't fly....so...i go by me self or with my sisters. ) It is worth the aggrivation of hearing it over and over!!! Will keep you posted..

Onward and downward...

Kathy
Old 09-17-2002, 09:32 AM   #4  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Hi, tortoise beings. I've been reading, just not posting much. I've had some work to do for the local U, so that's been good. I'd like to get a higher volume of work from them, though. (No money yet, either.) My unemployment finally ran out; I'm going back today to file a new claim. It feels weird.

I've been doing reasonably well with the program. Haven't been to the gym this week, but DH and I have been walking most nights. I've been hovering at the high end of my points most days, but at least I'm within range. That kind of thing. I've lost most of the weight I gained; one more pound until I can launch into virgin fat territory. I think it's really helped to up my fat intake. Very surprising. TOM is due but late for some reason; I also haven't done my usual bloating. Can't figure that one out.

Oh, my WW leader has us doing something interesting. She took one of those 12-week journals and gave it to the class. Each week, one of us takes it home and writes in it. At the end of the week, we write if we lost weight and any thoughts we have about the week. Then we pass it to the next volunteer. I have it this week. It's helpful to look back and see what other people are doing, and it's also helpful knowing that other folks will see what I write! (We don't have to sign our names, though.) Makes me very thorough.

Lin, I HATE outlining things to the Nth degree! Why do people think that's the best way to write?? I had a boss who required me to do copious outlining before I wrote a single sentence. This was for marketing materials. It was HORRIBLE, and I finally ended up quitting. Everybody has their own best approach, ultimately; it makes no sense to me to stuff everyone into a single box. Frankly, I think requiring a single approach is the mark of someone who's not much of a teacher. (Or boss.) Sounds like you're making it work for you. Why am I not surprised? Love the chef smiley; perfect for you.

Kathy, sounds exciting getting to see your daughter. Hope that works out great for you. I'm also glad you're enjoying Curves so much. People do seem to love it.

Well, I'd better get to the unemployment office. This oughta be fun. NOT.

Onward and downward,

Lauren
274/183/179 before Adirondacks
91 pounds down!
Old 09-17-2002, 11:33 AM   #5  

Hi all you T's.... I am just going to write a little and then go eat and then exercise, I will get off the computer as soon as i finnish. I am excited about today. Today I get a hair cut. I love short hair and I have been letting mine grow for months. Finnaly figured out it would be best to go get it cut and styled again. I am wear ing it pretty short now. I got brave and told my gal, cut it off, style it. My dh hates short hair but I decided it didn't matter, he has no hair at all andhe has no hair fashion. I feel sooo wonderful when I get my hair cut. I told a friend yesterday, I have a great little car, need a great short cut!!!

Food going good. I do need to strat journaling thought, I just realized Ihave been doing it in my head and that does not work, so today I will make sure I write down everything. Promise!!

Lauren..you have lost 97 lbs??? That is soooo fantastic!!!! I can't wait till I lose my 10%,,,, Everyone that I know goes to Curves, and all of them said they have lost so many inches. I can't wait to get some inches of this stomach of mine...I can't wait till all my pants feel lose on me instead of tight. I can't wait tilll I can buy a pair of nice size extra small camaflage pants, and buy a sexy black black top to go with it. I can't wait to get tons of new clothes. I can't wait to feel strong .

WEll got to get some coffee and cereal.

bye for now..

Kathy
Old 09-19-2002, 10:43 AM   #6  

Hi Turtles!

My GOODNESS, Turtles, do you know what I did? I made it all the way to the top!! I had my first climb yesterday, and I made it to the top! That's the single hardest physical thing I have EVER tried to do, bar none. I am in disgustingly bad shape, I don't care how much I go to the gym or how much I work out, that was HARD! It was fun, though. I did a climb and a half (our wall is 30 feet) then I just laid on the floor with my muscles shaking, laughing, saying "I'm on the ground! I'm on the ground! I LOVE the ground!" My belaying partner, Crystal, was laughing at me. She's climbed before but she remembers being a newbie.

Then I went and took my first Anatomy exam. 29 stations, 4-5 questions at each station, essay questions, 153 points total. Test took 2.5 hours (we were rotating, 4 minutes at each station, then time after for multiple choice/essays). I think I did okay. I messed up on the microscopes, I can't see any difference in them, but everything else I knew. So I'm pretty confident about that.

Other classes are going just fine, and I've finally found the pre-PT advisor to help me get into grad school. YAY! I want more than anything to go to grad school and be a full-fledged Physical Therapist. Well, long term--short term I want to go rock climbing in Joshua Tree!

That being said, I'm working toward the Joshua Tree goal. It's in December, so I've got about 3 months. Going to really work with that in mind.

I meet with my nutritionist today, we'll see what the verdict is! I'll let you guys know, if I can.

Bye Turtles! Gotta get to school!
Old 09-19-2002, 07:35 PM   #7  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Miata, way to go on keeping on track with your food. I hope the meeting with your dd happens because that is sooooo important.
Keep up the good work!

Erin,
You have so much gumption (old fashioned word for nerve!) and I think that's great. I can't imagine climbing a wall. Glad that was so great for you.

All goes well here. I am allowing myself to be hungry a little bit once in a while, but I'm okay with that! I have a great dinner cooking and wanted to chime in. I find the discipline of being back at work helps me stay on track. More controlled, etc.
My students are adorable and I think I'm going to like this year very much.
Good vibes to you all,
Judy
Old 09-20-2002, 08:57 AM   #8  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Hi, tortoises. We're getting some much-needed rain, and then fall is supposed to really hit -- predicted highs in the 60s next week. I'm really looking forward to it.

A dear friend arrives tomorrow for a few days' stay, then another couple of good friends arrive next weekend (the two sets of friends will miss each other by one day). So I'll be pretty busy. Then, just a few days after THAT, DH and I head out to the Adirondacks for 10 days. So if you don't hear from me much, don't worry!

This TOM has been the easiest I can ever remember. No PMS at all. I mean, none. I didn't even gain any weight; I lost. Can't get over it. Is it the calcium/magnesium/vitamin D? The boca burgers? I dunno. I'm sure not complaining.

Am staying within my points. Had a munch day yesterday and went a couple over, but had some banked from the day before. I'm a little tense about my first mammogram next week, and about our lack of funds, but it's manageable.

Kathy, how did the haircut turn out?

Erin, I'm sorry but you are NOT in disgustingly bad shape. You just hadn't worked those particular muscles before. And you also had more work to do than some tiny person who weighs about 100 pounds. Good for you, making it to the top! I can't imagine climbing one of those things.

Judy, glad to hear your students are enjoyable and that you're excited about the year. I've heard from many teachers that summers are harder for them foodwise; I'll bet you're right that it's the discipline of having a schedule that helps.

Lin, hope you're doing well.

Onward and downward,

Lauren
274/183/179
Old 09-20-2002, 10:51 AM   #9  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, Turltes,

Kathy, the pound you're up since you first joined Curves could be developing muscle. Usually when people start strength training, in particular, they gain a little weight, but it's not fat and you want those pounds. They're the ones that help you take off the fat in the long run. Keep going. You're doing great.

You said, "It could be the milkshake I had . . ." That's not likely. If you said that you had a milkshake every night for a week, I'd believe you. But one food, eaten once, isn't going to cause you to gain weight. Also, there are foods that promote health and those that do not, but don't fall into the trap of thinking that certain foods are "bad" because it's very easy to be overweight or not lose weight eating only the nutritious stuff. All you have to do is eat more of it than your body needs.

Good luck with your journaling! It makes a huge difference for most people. Have fun with your daughter. (Lin the eternal optimist is certain you will go. )

Lauren, I discovered that I don't lose weight as well if I get too low in fat. And the calcium/magnesium thing does help PMS symptoms. If your symptoms aren't super severe, it could result in no bloat, etc. I have fairly severe PMS, so I never get rid of the bloat, but it does help my emotional swings and food cravings tremendously.

Re: the dreaded outline. Holly (and Sheila) both outline to different degrees. Laura does not. All have writing careers. Holly doesn't expect that the outline will work for everyone. It's helpful if you can do it because it can help to cut rewriting time. Her outline isn't very formal, either. It's just a list of the scenes you plan to include-one sentence for each scene. I'd like to be able to make a little road map like that. But my brain refuses to tell me what's going to happen that far ahead. So, I'm using my own way and it will work like it always has. The funny thing about that exercise is that after I decided to give up on doing the outline, I began to have ideas that felt "right" about some scenes to include. Funny how our minds work, huh?

Glad that you're getting some work. Hope they pay you soon. I didn't know you could get more unemployment once it ran out. You know what stinks here in CA--You have to pay state income taxes on unemployment income. Talk about hitting someone when they're down.

Erin, I'm with Lauren. You are not in disgustingly bad shape. Every exercise uses different combinations of muscles and this one used some you don't use as much or worked them harder than you're used to working them. (Which you know, but weren't thinking about when you wrote that post. )

Glad to hear things are going well. Isn't it great to be living in a place where you can plan a climb in December and be fairly sure the weather won't be too bad to do it? Have fun!

Judy, glad to hear that you have great kids this year. And that your schedule makes it easier to stay on track. Maybe when you're out of school you should try to stick to the same eating times, etc. ? Think that would help any?

I'm doing OK. My food has stabailized. Now all I have to do is get back to walking and to eat slightly smaller portions. But I realize why I'm having so much trouble right now. It took a while but the light bulb finally turned on. My youngest son is heading off to college in two weeks. I will be a true empty-nester then. I will miss my kids, but this feels good because they're both doing so well. One has a job that pays enough to support his life and save up some for going back to college. The other is getting the training he needs to fulfill a dream he's been refining since he was about five years old.

Having them gone isn't the problem. The problem is that my life will become even more isolated, except for the phone and the Internet. I want to look for a job in San Jose and commute for a few months. My dh doesn't really want to do that because he'd have to change his work schedule and his boss would let him, but not really like it. But I don't see any other way to get our car fixed and us out of this town. Plus, one of my kitties seems to be getting tumors on her tummy. I'm afraid we'll have to put her to sleep.

I've noticed a pattern. I can handle anything but isolation and the tightest budget without having issues with my weight. But when those two things happen, well, it's a disaster. I get to the point where food feels like my only recreation or something. I know that's not true. I know that it's counterproductive to think like that. But, I haven't been able to get past that one overeating trigger. So, I'm working on it. And eventually, maybe, either I will change the circumstances so it's not an issue or I'll figure out how to deal with it.

Happy turtlin'!

Lin
Old 09-20-2002, 11:29 AM   #10  

Hi all....Well just weighed this am, it is not afficial, but I like doing it in the am after the bathroom thing and believe it or not..it is down, it is almost to 190. Now i know my scale is heavyer then WW. but now I know if I go on Sat it will be at least down a bit. I am doing the liberty plan, so even thought I haven't gone in a month, it will only cost me 13.00. I like this. Anyway I have been looking for a little down lbs, and I think i am there. I am glad cause I needed it. Will plan meals today, eat within points, write things down, drink water, (that is a thing I really must do, I don't think I have been drinking my water. ) and Of course, go to Curves.

I am so happy with this exercise program. I just can't believe you can get such a wonderful workout in 30 minutes. I am thinking about going around the circle another 1/2 time, heck, 1 full time would only be 15 minutes. We will see, all I know, when it is open, I will be there. They close sunday, so I will be going 6 days a week. Do I feel the inches shinking away??? Not totally yet but It is getting close, I can just tell... Anyone who needs an exercise program, go To Curves..You will love it.

Now about Las Vegas..Called dd and we talked and decided if Jim will really go, then it is his turn to go see alone. I have had so much extra time with her, that this was his thing. Last nigth I just asked calmly why I couldn't meet there there, and he explained to me that he feels more connected with this daughter..He loves dawn very much, but d is much more distant with him, I think I felt that way about my dad but on a way bigger scale. Dawn just isn't as warm to him as Jenny is, and Jim knows it. Dawn has her hubby now, Jenny is single, so this will be good for Jim. It is kinda sad to think that he feels more connected to one more then the other, but sometime turth hurts. Anyway I will stay home, watch the dogs and quilt. I am still be taking that weekend off just incase he changes his mind the last minute. Maybe i will go Kayaking at the Coast. I am very sad not to get to see her, but we talk most days so everything is cool. Jim will get to meet her Major, a guy who has taken her under his professional wing and got her shooting as well as she does. I am very proud of her. Maybe I will go to her next shoot. (the one the week before is in Mississippi. She asked me If i wanted to go. Cant..bummer)

Well go to get dh ceareal, then go to the Curves..

Take care all

Kathy
Old 09-21-2002, 11:43 AM   #11  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Hi, turtles. It's a clear, sunny, autumn day here! After days of heavy humidity and much-needed rain, this is so welcome. DH and I sat on the front porch swing this morning and drank coffee -- I had to wear fuzzy slippers and a sweatshirt because it was so cool. Just marvelous. DANG, I love fall.

Lin, they take taxes out of unemployment here, too. I didn't realize I could extend it, either. Turns out that each year, they look at how much you earned during the past 18 months. That worked for me, since I worked for four months this past spring (and a good six months at the beginning of that 18-month period). So we're good for another six months. I'll definitely know by then if this writing gig is going to pay the bills.

Good insights about the overeating triggers. I have no great words of wisdom to offer, but I have faith that you're going to overcome and make a life more to your liking.

As for the kitty ... If it helps any, our neighbor across the street just took her dog in for surgery for multiple tumors all over his body, and he's doing great. Apparently they weren't malignant. My parents' dog also had multiple tumors removed, and she was fine. I hope you can find a vet that can help you out. Some vets will take cases on a pay-what-you-can basis, or at least a pay-over-time basis. I'll say a prayer for your cat, too. Poor baby.

Kathy, Curves sounds like just the ticket for you! And congrats on losing the weight, too. Feels great, doesn't it? I'm not sure I understand about your DH wanting to visit your daughter alone -- why doesn't he want you there? Or did I misunderstand?

Well, I didn't feel great yesterday and spent more time than I wanted in the bathroom (don't worry; no details!), but am fine today. And I'm in virgin fat territory at last! OK, maybe it's just temporary because of yesterday, but I'm going to take it anyway. I checked my old journals, and I'm 30 pounds less than I was last year at this time. I'm VERY happy about that. I know when I tell people at my WW meeting that I'm content losing 20-30 pounds a year, they look at me like I'm nuts. They obviously don't buy into the Turtle Way. But honey, if I lose another 30 pounds in the coming year, I'll be just a few pounds from goal, and let me tell you how exciting THAT is.

Inches have also dropped a fair bit in the past month or so, finally. I'm officially and completely between sizes now. Ah, well. May I never have bigger problems!

My friend arrives shortly, so I'd best get ready. Have a fabulous weekend, everyone.

Onward and downward,

Lauren
274/181/179 by Adirondacks
93 pounds gone!
Old 09-23-2002, 10:37 AM   #12  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, Turtles,

Kathy, I'm glad your weight is down. That's great. And that you found an exercise program that you like.

I'm sorry you will miss that time with your daughter. I admit that I don't really understand it, but you and your family have to do what's right for you. Enjoy some time to yourself, quilting, eating what you want, getting your exercise, etc.

Lauren, I hope your writing gig works out for you.

Way to go on that weight loss. I wouldn't worry about the folks who don't think 20-30 pounds a year is enough. They're still stuck, to some degree, in diet thinking.

Hi to everyone who hasn't posted in a while.

I'm doing OK. PMS is starting to loom. It's not going to be an easy month, I can tell already. I've been having a hard time getting that second calcium tablet in every day and it seems to make a difference.

One of my youngest son's friends is going to take him and his stuff to college if he can get the day off work. He knows his way around SF, which would make things easier for my son. Plus, my husband wouldn't have to take a day off work. And, for my son, that's the ideal situation because he's ready to take this on without Mom and Dad hanging around.

My oldest son found a copy of one of my favorite picture books (for young children). autographed by the author, at his store. He bought it for me as a gift. It's so cool!! His boss is really nice. If he ever leaves that job. . .

I'm doing OK. Not realy less depressed, but I'm not eating everything in sight, either. I have an errand to run this morning, which will involve about a mile walk. I realized that I miss walking. So, I'm going to work harder to fit it back into my life. It can help my mood swings a lot.

Well, I've got to go. See you all later.

Happy turtlin'!

Lin
Old 09-23-2002, 12:05 PM   #13  

HI tURTLES...

I know this Las Vegas thing is hard to understand, but I think I know where my dh is coming from. He just hasn't had a chance to see her very much in the last 4 years. I have visited with her and we have gone on a vacation to Hawaii. He just wants this time to have her all by herself. I am ok with it. We talk about every other day...I am hoping to go to a womens retreat in Sonora. But it depends if I can have the time off. I looked at a schedule yesterday and it looks like it will be hard for me to get the time off anyway. We are short handed and our new trainee that just started 2 weeks ago quit, so we are down one trainee. It is so hard to find people that are willing to work hard and work weird hours until a good shift comes open.

Food going better, actually made a vegie soup yesterday. I used chciken broth and added some spegetti sauce that I had opend the day before..Gave it a pretty good flavor since my favorite food in the world is good spaghetti. I put lots of good things in and plan on eating it as a first course at lunch and dinner. It will be a good way to get tons of vegies in which I don't do as good as I should. I need to cut down on the carbs for sure..I did chicken theighs (skinless) on the George foreman look a like...It really liked it. It was so much more juicyer than chicken breast. I think I will go back to Raleys and buy more and freeze it. It was really good. I know you have to use more points but it is worth it. When I eat 3 or 4 oz of chicken for lunch, I do really good. I don't think I felt hungry at my normal 5:00. I didn't even realize it was dinner time till my working partner asked me when I was going to LUnch..It was already 6:40.

Anyway am planning to eat well today, stay withing points, journal, drink water, eat my soup, and best of all go to Curves.

Lin hang in there. I have got to tell you guys, I am not a walker..Only if I had to be...I am so impressed that you have to walk 1 mile to run an errand...Me???? I prob let someone else do it that had a car!! so way to go girl...My daughter in Kieve use to have to walk every where..I hated it, and I brought the wrong shoes and my feet hurt everytime we went walking. To catch the train that got you everywhere was a mile..I hated it!!!

Bye now..

Kathy
Old 09-24-2002, 12:09 PM   #14  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Hi, turtles. I'll write more when I have time, but I'm about to leave for my first mammorgram. Ack.

But I'm down 2.5 for this week, which is ... remarkable. This is in spite of a very high-point day on Sunday due to eating out and having company. And no exercise. Well, I'll take it. Almost at my Adirondacks goal, which is good, since we leave next Thursday! I may actually make it!

Onward and downward,

Lauren
274/180.5/179 before Adirondacks
Old 09-24-2002, 07:07 PM   #15  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Lauren,
I love your weight loss! You are absolutely right that this Turtle method is working for you. By setting realistic goals, getting to know yourself and your exercise needs you're almost there! Weigh to go!

Miata,
I actually understand your dh. Time alone with adult children is hard to come by. So I hope you love your quilting that weekend
and enjoy the gift you're giving of letting them have time together.

Erin,
How's school going? Are you still climbing walls? I mean, let's face it, I climb walls all the time in frustration==but you're actually climbing *walls.*
Has the nutritionist been able to help you make headway?

Lin,
I'm sending you a year of hugs. Here's the first one. You've had enough frustration since I've know you to simply give up--and you've not done that. Keep all the things you write to us in mind, be a good friend to yourself, and these current frustrations will pass. In the meantime, I'm sending you hugs.

As far as me, I'm losing weight. It feels good. Even when I slip, it's not as bad as it's been in the past. However, I would love to see more weight fall off and a little faster. Right now I'm down almost three pounds. However, a backslide puts the same three pounds back on me. so, I have to capture this victory and keep on going down. Ever vigilant!
I like the positive lifestyle changes I am making in my eating.
I've got to run==have a million more things to do today, but I wanted to see how you are all doing and I wanted to pipe in. By the way==I'm having a late breakfast of two instant oatmeal packages. That has helped me not to be ravenous at lunchtime.
I like to pass on any little tip that helps me figuring it might just help someone else too. The oatmeal points out to 4 points. I add a little milk, but for under 5 points I get good and full and I love that feeling.
Gotta run==you all take care
Good vibes,
Judy
Closed Thread