Old 05-28-2010, 09:13 AM   #106  
Thursday Lady

Yooper and Elyn
This is the place to be!
Journal, Journal, Journal. Did I say Journal. That's the only way I can lose. It holds me accountable.

Jeanne, sorry you have to work this w/e. Take it easy. Oh, and many congrats on buying those clothes. That's fantastic!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:16 AM   #107  
Thursday Lady

Default P.s.

p.s.
Has anyone noticed--We've had over 1,000 views of the Chatters Thread. Wow!!! I hope people will come on in and post with us.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 340 HW/331.2 SW/331.2 CW/314.2

Height: 6'1"

Default Hey Gang

Thanks for all the warm and exciting welcomes!!
redfish53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:14 PM   #109  

Default Nice evening at the beach

hit the surf tonight for 3 hours of wade fishing. Caught a hammerhead shark and had Flippers all around me, and even had a HUGE sea turtle swim about 6 feet in front of me...what a cool way to get some exercise!
Old 05-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #110  

Welcome Yooper and Yorkie and again to you Clint.
Clint that sounds super exciting. Here's maybe a dumb question. Do you eat the shark?
Mimi4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:02 PM   #111  
Susan

Hi all!!!!

Welcome to all the new folks! Do you mind if you tell us a little about yourself! We'll do the same....

I'm Susan and I live in the Dallas area. I am a deaf ed/multiple handicap teacher. I love my job but some days are harder than others. Oh and I have 4 days of school left. I've struggled with my weight as long as I can remember. I'm a life timer but when I gained it back all the pounds brought a few friends with them. This is a great group!!! We are very supportive and have been through a lot together....through many laughs and tears! So please join us!

Ok.... did I tell you.... 4 days of school left!!!!! I'm so ready!!!! I am close to being at 18 pounds. Well, I was until I had pizza tonight

Clint, your fishing sounds like a lot of fun!!! I'm jealous!

Tina, how are you feeling?

Jeanne, YEA on the new clothes! I think some new shorts are in my near future... I'm going to hold off as long as possible! Silly thing, scheduling yourself to work

Tammy, what's new with you?

Maureen, but you are exercising! I plan on getting back into the routine soon!

Mimi, I cut out all simple sugars and carbs! My doctor told me to not eat anything that comes in a package ... she said if it looks good, don't eat it! I've also cut out anything that has sugar or imitation sugar for the most part. YES this includes giving up my diet Dr. Pepper. I've had 1 in almost 8 weeks. My doctor wanted me to do this to see if we can get my triglcyerides down. She said it might help me lose weight.

I have to get back to swimming. After my daddy passed away, I just haven't been able to get back into it. There has been too much going on but with school winding down, I'm heading back to the pool.

I'm ready to get back home to visit my mom. I'll go down in a week or so after school is out. My nephew is coming to visit first.
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #112  

Default Shark

I let the shark go
Old 05-29-2010, 08:28 AM   #113  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning EVERYONE!!!!

Welcome Yooper & Yorkie! So glad you found us! Can't wait to get to know ya' all better!

For all you new folks....I'm Jeanne, age 45 , married, 2 daughters 18 & 23 we have a dog and a house rabbit! (Abby & Peanut) I work for a CHOCOLATE Co. Yes, CHOCOLATE~! Any facebook users can find us there at Barkus Chocolates.
I started at 252# and through WW and my great friends here supporting me, I am now at 219 (until tomorrow......) So, thats that!

Have a great day and I'm off to work! Boo!

Hugs my dear friends! Drink your water, shake those bootys and journal!!!!!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #114  

Welcome to all of the newbies!!!! And hello to all of my old friends!!!

Wed, Thurs, and Fri were not good days. Fibro pain. On Wed., I almost called Tim to come and help me out of bed it was that bad. went to bed last night, and I slept 11 1/2 hours straight. This is the first day I have felt good since Tuesday morning.

For the newbies, I am Tammy, I am widowed almost 2 years (that is sooo hard to believe), I have a son who graduated from college on May 8 and got married on May 15. My new dil is a sweetie. I taught elementary school for 30+ years, and I retired the spring of 2007. I have a chocolate dapple dachshund named Maurice! He is a hoot!!

This week is break week at the Y, but on Tues. and Thurs. nights I will be starting the training for a 5K that is the end of July. I know that I can't run it since doctor says no, but I can walk it faster than I did last year maybe.

I got weighed this morning for the first time in ages. Hoping to be the same or a loss. I gained a gazillion pounds. Tim and Lauren can't figure it out because we've been eating together alot, and they know what I'm eating. I guess I need to try something that I've not tried before and see if anything happens. Not sure what that's going to be.

I have never changed my tracker since I redid it a while back, so that will still be my starting point for the first 20 pounds.

Love all of you, and I thank you for your support over all the years.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:51 PM   #115  

Hi Tammy, nice to meet you HeeHee.
Well you've had a lot on your plate the last few years. Be happy and get some rest that fibro keeps you from moving when you get rested up you can tackle the weight again.
You can always go back to the basics, measure, weigh, and write everything down sometimes it just gets away from us. I admit I have been struggling lately too. But its those mid evening snacks that are doing me in.
We will do better.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:02 PM   #116  

Hi I'm Marion. I live in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada.
I'm 57 and divorced with two grown sons who both still live at home.
I am a Personal Support Worker. That means I work in peoples homes helping them (mostly seniors) bath, get dressed, walk. exercises, and most important a live person who cares about and for them. I specialize in Palliative Care that means care of the those with terminal illness.
I have a white cat Eddie!
Presently I am on disability but should be going back to work next month. I go to College once a week and am training to be a Practical Nurse.
I count my points (even the bad ones) and walk almost everyday. Now that the hot weather is here I work out to walk away the pounds in my living room.
That's enough of my not so secrets for now.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:46 PM   #117  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
I really need to get back to journaling. I thought I just had water retention but now know I've gained a couple of pounds. I know it's from not getting enough exercise because of my surgery. And, it's hot outside.

Tammy, you've had a hard few months. Just take it easy and begin doing what Mimi said.

Everyone have a great Sunday.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:25 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all
I made it back home yesterday afternoon-good to go away great to get home-
Hello to all the new people-you're all in the right place
Tammy, ditto on what Marion says-take care of yourself you've been going high speed for a long time.
to introduce myself to the new people:

I'm a soon to be 63 year old, separated person-I live in Gatineau, Quebec(right across the Ottawa River from Ottawa, Ontario)-I work full time in a staffing agency-I'm a life time member of weight watchers but have managed to gain back almost all that I'd lost-so like everyone else, I'm here trying to lose and feel good.
Tina, I'm going to start journalizing again and no matter how hot it gets here I'm getting back on the treadmill today.

I hope we all have a great Sunday.
take care
maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:36 AM   #119  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I'm really pleased to have found this group.
I'm Elyn an RN from Florida, married a Dane and moved to Denmark many, many, moons ago.
I have maintained my RN license, completing my CEUs and renewing my active license biannually. I can actually fly home anytime and ask for a job in any hospital, however, I haven't been in the work force for over 20 years, so the chances of that happening is nil. Besides, after so many years of being a domestic goddess/diva, I won't probably be a very effective nurse.
We don't have kids, but we have a very spoiled yorkie.
I've always been overweight all my life, struggling with the last 10 pounds, however, I could control it by diet, exercise, running, and the hard work at the hospital.
My present sedentary lifestyle is the cause of my transition from being overweight to obese. My husband has just been recently diagnosed with diabetes 2, and I'm afraid that if I don't lose weight, I'll be in the same boat. 1 sick person in the family is enough, so I need to get myself together this time.
I've decided that this time, I will lose the weight and get to a normal healthy weight and maintain it. Besides, I'm sick and tired of hiding behind oversize clothes, I want to be able to get back into normal size clothes and be happy with myself. I would like to be able to run again, right now I'm only walking on my treadmill 30 mins. 4-5 days a week, not enough, but my knees are killing me.

Mimi~ you have lost so much already, and you seem to be OP, I'm just going into my 2nd week, and first week was not good enough. I used all my daily, weekly, and activity points, and still hungry. I'm only on 18 points daily.

Tammy~ Sorry about the fibro pain, hope it gets better.

Jeanne~ I sure hope you don't like chocolates. WTG on the size 16 pants. Before you know it, you will be shopping for size 14, or lower. I just tried my size 10 jeans which I haven't used for almost 3 years, and it fits! We can do this!

Tina~ I hear you on the journal, journal, journal. I need to do better this week.

Susan~ only 3 days of school, good for you!
Must be tough to cut down on all the simple sugars and carbs. Good luck? Are your triglycerides extremely high?

Maureen~ please to meet you.

Talking about journal, I think I better go do some.
Later, guys.

Last edited by girlieyorkie; 05-30-2010 at 07:45 AM.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:31 AM   #120  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Hey all, I seemed to have slipped through the cracks in posting lately.

I'm 24 and play a lot of games (video, computer, pen and paper, etc). I'm in a job that goes no where with two years left before I have to hunt for another or reapply if I am lucky. I rent a room here in Florida. So basically, if I get the 'got to get moving' bug my possiblilities are endless!

How is everyone doing today?

zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote