Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 07:13 AM   #1  

Default Night Owls #51

Hi There,

Well the girls and I and my niece all camped out Saturday night in the van, we took out the back 2 rows of seats. We toasted hotdogs and marshmallows and played flashlight tag, I think everyone had a really good time.

I still have not heard anything new from Janessa, she is due Sept 8th so it could be anytime, I know she lost her mucus plug last week so I am just waiting on pins and needles.

PJ, I stayed the same this week, still up 9#'s, Grrrrrrr, I feel like such a cow It sounds like you had alot of fun in the Keys, I went to Key West when I was about 14 and it was soooooo beautiful. I would love to go back sometime.

Sheri, your post struck a bell with me. I used to feel so wonderful when I was OP, I ate much better and varied food and just felt so much better emotionally, I have to get that feeling back. Thanks for the reminder on how good it feels. Hang in there.

Candice, you are so right about the bits and nibbles and I sure do alot of that and tend not to count it. This week should be better for me.

WWMOM, sounds like you are doing well with your eating, I always seem to have a problem with the water thing, actually I have a problem with everything right now but am working on it.

Later Everyone
Bren
Old 09-03-2002, 11:52 PM   #2  

Sounds like you had a great time Bren....and the weight will come off when you get back op.....I think we have to be mentally ready for it and yes it does feel good. Even when I stay in pts but eat junk I feel rotten about myself and my Fibro flares....so we do it for health reasons too don't ya think?

It was good to see the boys(the one we never see he is just too busy and he has been at college for 4 years now)...graduated this August and he wanted to got through things in his room..it is a mess hasn't been touched for 4 years..I didn't know what to pitch and what to pack away .. anyway I am in pain and pooped from that and the room still looks like disaster ..so much more to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is very dusty too ..we both were sneezing.OH MY..I'm just not in good enough shape to be doing this right now!
Old 09-05-2002, 07:09 AM   #3  

Default Wow, Where is Everyone???

Oh my gosh, the nest has been empty for sooooo long, I am beginning to wonder if everyone is okay. Come on owls, pop in and say a quick hello.

Candice, wow seems like you had one heck of a time, It is nice that you got to see the boys though. I know what you mean about kids rooms being a disaster. I used to try to keep my kids' room clean but it was just impossible so now it is their responsibility, which ofcourse means it is a total disaster area, LOL!! I look forward to my girls being on their own but hope they stay real close, I would miss them terribly.

Well back to work, hope we see some missing faces in here.

Bren
Old 09-05-2002, 09:27 PM   #4  

Default hey hey hey

So.....I've been one of the chicks missing too huh? I skimmed through most of the messages and it seems as everyone has been up and down on program. I guess the end of the summer has been rough on everyone including myself. God, ever since I came back from California I've been doing way bad and just can't seem to get back on program. I haven't journaled in so long either. that has a lot to do with it. This past monday i had all intentions of getting back OP and I come home and jeff tells me he went shopping(grocery). At the end he tells me he bought some treats....oreo cookies and then he also bought cinnamon buns! Good thing he ate all but one cinna bun and all but a few cookies cause i would have helped him out big time. I've been doing alright on water, but not the greatest. I'll at least drink 32 ounces if I dont get the full 64. Exercise...what's that? I just need to bust my butt and get into it! I'm one of those people that will think of an excuse for everything. someone just pinch me or slap me silly to knock some sense into me!

so who volunteered at the Virginia Air and space musuem? does someone on here live close to me and I dont even know it? that musuem is about 30 minutes away from me!

Jeff lost his job last week. Sucks big time. I think I may have been a bit more upset about it then he was. And of course I had gotten on him about getting unemployment everyday until he finally went a week later. On top of that, I keep getting on him about calling someone he used to work with for another company to see if they could help him out some. Who knows. I dont know what he's gonna do if he can't find a job like what he was doing before. Kinda depressing. He actually lost his job 2 months before I moved down to VA last year. Sucked. Everytime I heard his voice, he sounded depressed. Hoping and crossing my fingers he won't be out of job too long!

Me , on the other hand, have a job that pays crap and looking to a get a new job with a bit better pay. Of course there are other issues that just tick me off at my current job that makes me want to leave too. I guess everyone's job is like that some time or another. I'm trying to get into public schools to be an assistant, but it's real tough to get in. I try and try and try, but no luck so far. I've been trying since school let out this past year. We'll see if anything comes up!

So, i've been 6 pounds and I'm battling to lose it. I'm trying! That's it! TOMORROW is a brand new day and that the day i'm starting. I dont care! I"m gonna journal and count and drink my 2 bottles of water! I gotta do it. Or I'll just be more upset and disgusted with myself.

Well, I think i've rambled on enough here. Sorry I've been away so long. Please forgive me!

I'll talk to you all soon.

Erica
Old 09-06-2002, 05:32 AM   #5  

Erica...nothing to forgive!

bren..my boys just live about 20 miles from here now. It is hard cleaning out his room..so many memories and so much dirt!LOL

Done with the antibiotic....now my eating can get back to normal!!!!!!!!!!

Still having the pain though..had a lumbar x-ray but everything normal he thinks. Which is a good thing.

My mamo came back with an assymetrical density in the left one so I have to have a recheck in 6 months...have you ever had that before? (anyone?)

Last edited by Candicej; 09-06-2002 at 05:36 AM.
Old 09-07-2002, 03:32 PM   #6  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hi there girls! I've been having a whacky week.
Had a tooth pulled. One of the back ones that you don't see. The dentist said he's never seen such deep roots which is a good thing as per my never losing my teeth but NOT a good thing if one of them needs to be pulled. Atleast it's over with...."Well, KIND OF/NOT OF.......I had stitches too and it still hurts ALOT!!!! I'm pretty good with pain....but this sucker is DEEP and it really smarts!!!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Brenda - Your camping trip sounds like alot of fun! It's always nice to get "out" with the kids and act like one too, don't you think? We're due to go camping with the kids but waiting for it to get a little cooler. As for my weight....I lost 1 pound. I've started walking again (with the dogs) in the am and sometimes the pm. I've come to the conclusion that I really need to start with the free weights again to firm up. It's just a fact of life. I'll be 44 soon and things started going SOUTH on me a long time ago. Anyway, I sure wish I could say I was 158! I'd LOVE to see that number on the scale. Stick with it.....even though you feel like you're in a bit of a slump now.....STICK WITH IT. Remember, this is NOT a diet...it's a LIFESTYLE. Hugs to you girlfriend!!!!!

Candice - I'm on antibiotics too. Penicillin......it's for my tooth and today is the third day. Sure wish it was feeling better. I got up this morning and did what I had to do in the barn, came back up to the house and took a shower and the next thing I know....it's 1:30pm. Ya think I was tired? Don't worry about the "spot". I've had those before...if it was anything to worry about...they wouldn't be waiting 6 months until your next one. As for your son's room.....I'm one of the very sentimental people who keeps ANYTHING that has to do with their growing up. I saved Jackie's first tap shoes, ballet shoes, first pair of riding britches, as well as lots of Billy's things. Like his first basball mitt etc. Anything I think that they'll get a kick out of showing to their own kids one day or just looking back at their life and the things they've done and how their bodies changed through the years. If you don't mind..I'd like to suggest that you TAKE YOUR TIME going through everything. I'll bet you'll find some personal "treasures".
Have fun and don't over-do it.

Erica - I hope your guy finds a job he's happy with. It's reall important to be happy going to work every day. You too! If you're not happy where you are.....just keep your eyes and ears open for something else. I'll say a little prayer for you two tonight. So remember "I'm thinkin 'bout cha".

That's it for me. I'm going to crawl back under the covers. I haven't taken a pain pill AAAAALLLLLLLLL day and it's really taking it's toll on me. Wiped me out with this pain. So I'm giving in and taking a pain pill and lying down.
See ya......ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzz

Last edited by PJ; 09-07-2002 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-09-2002, 08:41 AM   #7  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Good Morning Ladies

Hope you all had a good weekend. Pretty much slept most of mine away. Feeling much better today. I'm picking up Billy from school around 10:30am, he has an 11am dentist appt. HIS FIRST CAVITY!!!!!! He was giving Bill and I a hard time about brushing his teeth last night so I told him "fine, I'll cancel your appt. and you can have YOUR rotted little tooth PULLED OUT just like mine was!!!! OK? " Heh-heh....gee, do ya think that got him motivated? NOT!!!!! But the "I'm going to count to THREE" thingy did. Yep....I just looove those numbers......1......2......and 3. They're like majic to my ears.

Did NOT stay on program yesterday. Had one duncan donut and some pork lo-mein. Need I say more? And that was after the eggs and bacon for breakfast. AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Ok....so today is Monday and I'm counting my HUGE jug of coffee and then I'm having some oatmeal. I'll try my best which is all I can do. Anyone care to join me in a STAY ON PROGRAM challenge for today? I'll waiting to hear from you all.
<grinning slyly>

Last edited by PJ; 09-09-2002 at 08:44 AM.
Old 09-09-2002, 09:25 PM   #8  
SJR
Just stick with it!!

Hi gals,

I am still here. On the Saturday of Labor Day weekend I went to start my computer and it wouldn't start. Come to find out Windows XP has some glich in it that will give you an unmountable boot volume message. I had to wait until today for Compaq to finally get me a recovery disk. Apparently the one that came with my computer would have erased everything. Well, it took almost 2 hours, but I am now back up and running with nothing lost!!!

So, I lost 2.4 lbs at weigh-in last Wednesday. Have been excersing this week, but was not that great on Saturday and Sunday. Why can't I journal on the weekends?? We'll see how this Wednesday goes.

I have to get to bed, but I will be back this weekend for sure. Hubby is off to the races in Loudon, so I am "single with kids" this weekend. Will have plenty of time to catch up.

Sheri
Old 09-12-2002, 06:09 AM   #9  

Oh my PJ! How can you eat anything with a sore mouth???? My Fibro has flared big time with this weather change here and I hurt so bad! Boo Hoo I am taking my time with my sons room..just so much to go through..alot of paper files..I have to read through so much before I pitch..I too keep sentimental stuff.

Trying to bank points for this weekend Dh's BD and I am cooking and the boys will be home but I feel so bad I do not want my sons girl friend here..just extra work and stress for me that I do not need....I know I should let her come but I really gets stressed out when I do not feel well.

http://www.ourfm-cfidsworld.org/html/lisa_lorden.html (Fibro site)

Good loss Sheri........ I went up 2 on my antibiotics but have lost them already Just getting back to eating better sure helps! Not so much junk................
Old 09-12-2002, 07:14 AM   #10  

Hi Everyone,

Janessa is scheduled to be induced today so hopefully I will have a grandson, his name will be Taylor. The doc says the baby is doing damage to her insides and they need to get him out soon or she will end up having surgery after he is born. I am hoping for the best for her.

I went to the dentist yesterday and found out I need a crown, never had one so I am a bit nervous about it. Gotta save for a bit to get the funds too.

PJ, yes camping was "way cool" When are you planning on going? I just love it. I am still not OP but I keep trying. I just have to make a plan and go shopping this weekend to get the things I need. I am proud of you, you are doing well.

Sheri, awesome loss, Congratulations!!! Glad you got the puter back up and running, I just hate computer problems. Computers are enough to drive you crazy at times but we sure wouldn't want to live without them.

Candice, that is good that you are planning for the BD, I really have to get back into planning and journaling, water, etc... I don't really know what my problem is anyway, just can't get on it.

Erica, Hey girl so good to see you back on the boards, sounds like you and I are in about the same position as far as being on program goes. Wow, I am sorry Jeff lost his job, that is a major bummer. Jobs are a bit hard to find right now too but if he gets right on it he should find the one that's right for him.

Well gotta get to work

Bren
Old 09-12-2002, 11:04 AM   #11  

I'M GONNA BE A GRAMMY

Whoo Hoo!! Janessa is in the hospital right now in Virginia Beach, wish I could be with her. I am worried and hope everything goes well. They started inducing her around 8:30 this morning so here we go!!!

I'll keep you informed

Bren
Old 09-13-2002, 03:27 PM   #12  
SLF

Hi all...I see a couple of familiar faces here. I know it has been way too long (about a year), but I think I'm finally settled in here in my home. Only took about 1 year. Now I've started the painting and decorating at last. I'm sure that will take quite a while.

I finally went back to weight watchers this week. I did real well last year with the scare about my liver, and lost about 28 pounds. Unfortunately after my car accident this summer, I really fell apart and gained about 20 back. I feel real good about it this time again, especially since my liver counts are on the rise again and I really want to hold off on that transplant until I'm about 90 years old.

Congratulations Brenda...what a nice surprise to see you became a grandma! It sure is a good day for me to come back and see such great news.

Well, I want to start browsing around a little. I hope I get a chance to catch up with all of you again. It sure is nice to come "home". So sorry I was awol for so long.

Susan
Old 09-13-2002, 06:46 PM   #13  

tomorrow is weigh in day for me. we'll see how i did this week. i tried to do my best, but we'll see what the scale has to say for me.

BRENDA: Congrats on becoming a grandma....I didnt know your daughter lived in VA BEACH! That's where I AM!

alright, gotta go. Talk to you soon.
Old 09-13-2002, 10:34 PM   #14  

Hi Susan,
wow, it's been a long time. Glad your life is settling down a bit for you and that your health is improving. It is so hard to be sick, everything else just falls apart. I have recently had a spell with seizures, had 8 or 9 in a matter of 3 weeks or so, never had one before and haven't had one in a couple months so I think I am okay now.

Hi Erica, I didn't not know you were in Va Beach. Wow that is neat. Janessa is in Virginia Beach Gen. Hosp and should be released tomorrow sometime, she is having a bit of a hard time but she is fine. I heard the baby cry tonight when I was on the phone with her, she is so special. I lived in Norfolk for a total of about 4 years, my ex was Navy, we went from Norfolk to Washington State to Norfolk to Maine.

Well gotta go
Later
Brenda
Old 09-14-2002, 05:25 AM   #15  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hey Brenda - I keep posting on your IT'S A BOY thread. Sorry 'bout that.

Susan???!!!! - Is that really YOU?????? Wow, it's been a really long time since I've seen you here and I'm so glad you're back. I think you and I are long overdo for a phone conversation. I'll give you a call tomorrow. Let me know when a good time will be. Sure do miss you!!!!!
Closed Thread