Old 03-03-2010, 03:19 PM   #46  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Guys,
I'm disappointed. I'm up .2# today, but was expecting to lose a pound. Ugh. I did great this week, so I'm thinking salty foods were the culprit. I'll keep going and hope to have a great : next week.
Judy
234.6/192.4/189
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Judy - you are doing great. Just a little blip in the process - will be gone before your know it. But, I know how it feels to expect a loss & then see a gain especially when you've been working the plan. Some weeks, I can't believe when I have gained & then theres the other weeks when I should have been way up & then was up just abit. I guess it all evens out in the end. But, keep up the good work & success will follow.

For me, I stayed the same this week & was happy with not being up.
I couldn't exercise the last week, since I hurt my knee. But am going to center tonight for a walk (will be slower than usual) and a hot-tub.
Even if it is "baby slow steps" I need to get back in my routine.

Hope everyone else is having a great OP week!

Weather up here has been great for this time of year. Basically, no snow this winter & it is nice and sunny today & they are calling for warmer temperatures in the next few days. So, can't complain about the weather.
Unbelievably that I only needed my driveway to be shovelled once this winter.
Unreal!!

Have a great day, turtles & hope everyone comes back soon to post.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:18 AM   #48  
Chick

Hi Bandit and Turtles,
I know the other turtles have a lot on their plate (relationships and stress, not food) right now, so we'll just have to keep each others spirits up until the others can post.
Good for you for not gaining this week. I hope your leg feels better.
We've been getting the snow you've been missing and I think that 's a very good thing for you Canadians for the winter----it gave you a break!

Yesterday was tough and so was the rest of Wed., I'm up two pounds of anguish------silly, but I was sooooo disappointed. The two pounds will go away if I keep my head on straight. I'm doing better today and think I can get in the groove.
Take care, have a great weekend and chime in when you can.
Judy
234.6/192.4/189 and lower
Old 03-05-2010, 11:45 AM   #49  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, Everyone,

It's great to catch up with you all.

Judy, you are such an inspiration. I love the way you analyzed your pattern and see that, even if it's not seemed successful in the short term, overall, you're getting to your goal. That's what turtlin' is all about. Great going!

Our GS area does something way cool if you want to help the Girl Scouts but don't want cookies in the house. You simply mark that you want to donate them to retirement communities or whoever they have made arrangements with, pay your money, and they deliver the cookies to the recipients of your donation. That's a win-win for us.

Cherry, it's great to have you back posting. Posting is one of the most important things for me, since I don't go to meetings. More on that later. Good luck to you in making progress. I think you can use an old cliche--Progress, not perfection, is the name of the game. I need that one, too.

Bandit, hang in there. You do know what works for you. But, like all of us, you get bored with the same old thing, so you try to make it interesting. Sometimes, though, interesting isn't in our best interests. Making it interesting is important, but has to be done in a thoughtful, well-planned way. Good luck to you this week.

Lauren, I hope things are going better with your parents. And with dealing with your stressful life. Keeping your eye on the prize is a great attitude. One we can all use to our advantage. Thanks for the reminder.

Time for me to 'fess up. I've been totally out-of-control this past couple of weeks. My weight is up to 209 and this is where that trend stops. I'm posting because I realize that posting really helps me stay on track. Not so much posting my stuff, but reading and responding to your posts. You guys always come up with things that I need to hear, too.

I've noticed that my attitude has changed. I've been in rebellious mode--bored with counting points, not wanting to do all this work, tired of nitpicking every bite and worrying about how much I'm moving today, etc. I'm feeling a bit whiny--the "it's not fair that I have to do this much work just to end up at a normal weight. Why can't I just BE normal?" "And all that jazz...", as the song goes. (I believe there's a song for every occasion and one of my choirs is singing that one, so it's on my mind.)

I've also been super stressed out at work. Yesterday I realized why. I've been trying to do my job with the Chamber Orchestra the same way I always have done, but I've added a second job on top of that. But getting the second job done is really hard because I often work extra hours for the first one that I take later as comp time. I realized that I can't keep doing that because there are only so many hours in the day. And if I just work more hours, I have to give up my regular life. I'm not going to do that. I would, if it were my life's dream, my passion, but it isn't. It's office work, necessary work that I'm good at, but not my passion. So, I'm setting a schedule for my hours, setting priorities for the work, and if it doesn't all get done, at least the most important, urgent work will. I can catch up on the rest when it's slow, and in this business, there are always slower times. Now, it's just a matter of sitting down and working out the overall schedule, and adjusting as the concert seasons change.

I haven't been tracking, deliberately. I didn't want to face the music. But I weighed myself this morning and tracked breakfast. I'm ready to start again from where I am and see a loss next week. WW lowered my points by one when I switched back from filling foods to points. Points works better for me, despite that I hate the extra work involved in figuring out the points for recipes and so on.

Eating a lot of filling foods is important for me. I lose better when I do that, but there are details in how filling foods as a plan work that don't fit my life. The bread thing. The nonfat dairy thing. And that if one ingredient in a recipe is not a filling food, the whole recipe has to count as points, plus the limit of 35 points in a week makes it really hard for me. That's especially true if I end up in restaurants. You cannot get filling foods in restaurants, not if you count it the way you're supposed to because of the fat they use to cook it. So, I just try to get a lot of green diamonds in my recipe ingredient lists or food lists.

Anyway, this week I'm counting points and activity. I'm planning to post at least every other day, if not every day.

Keep on turtlin'! --Let's get back to partyin' with a healthy lifestyle.
Lin S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #50  
Chick

Hi, Lin------soooooo good to see you posting. Thanks for being so honest and rededicating yourself. Hey------when I did Core, I only counted points for the non-Core foods in a recipe-----not exactly legit, but it worked for me. Maybe that would help you. I'm getting a little more laid back with WW. Used to only count 8oz. yogurts as a milk-----well that's dopey---WW's yogurt is only 6 oz. and that's a milk as far as I'm concerned.
Good luck to us all.
Cherry, how are you doing? You know we care
Lauren, how about you? How's and coming along?

Okay---I get it---today I was off track again and this is not smart. Tomorrow I will be OP and exercise and start again. Not fun but neither is being overweight. Overall I'm better than I was and I can get even better with some effort. Good luck to us all. : and
Love,
Judy
234.6/192.4/189
Old 03-06-2010, 10:37 PM   #51  

Lin- thanks i like that thought. Progress, not Perfection. That is definately the case here. I am still not doing well but i did get exercise yesterday and today so that is Progess.

Judy- Thanks for thinking of me. I am still here and i am going to try to do better.

Hi to Bandit, Merit, and Princess. If i forgot anyone i am sorry.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:25 AM   #52  
Chick

Cherry, keep up the good work. Exercise is a wonderful thing to do! I'm so proud of you. You are doing this!

Okay Turtles,
I'm going to start a new thread. See you all at #229 Bale of Turtles Looking forward to spring!
Judy