Old 01-25-2010, 01:05 PM   #31  

Hi ladies just a quick reply as my head is still buzzing.
MRI was pretty much uneventful, except when I looked at the size of the tunnel I thought WO!! good thing only my upper body had to go in otherwise I would have been touching the walls.
Mike drove me down this morning at 530 and I was home by 730.
Only slept about 3 hours last night so I am really fuzzy today.
Mimi4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:31 PM   #32  
ready to be healthy!

S/C/G: 290/264/170

Height: 5*4

hey all i hope this is the thread you all invited me too lol. how is everyone today???
nikkic718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:27 PM   #33  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Good afternoon everyone. Things are going well. I'm staying OP today and I'm very proud of myself. So far this is what I've had:

Breakfast
24 Strawberry Delight Mini Wheat
1 cup Strawberries

Lunch
Angel Hair Marinara
Broccoli/Carrots with Italian Seasoning
Broccoli with Cheese

Doing well with my water. Dinner is going to be grilled pork chops, carrots, and rice. Nummy. Gotta get this weight off.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:54 PM   #34  

Susan, hope you are feeling better!

Tina, I have 2 checkbooks. 1 is right, and the other one is off. It was right last month, and I have reworked it several times, and I can't figure it out.

Mimi, glad that the MRI is done. I've had 3 of them, and I always have to take something to relax me before I do it. Don't like being closed in like that. I know there are places now that have open ones.

Nikki! You found it!!!! I'm from near Dayton, OH. I'll wave across the state to you.

Dori, good for you for staying OP! Your meals sound good. I'm planning grilled salmon, broccoli, and maybe a baked potato for supper. I think. Tim gets back to town about 4:00, and he has to be at Arbys to work from 5 to closing.

Class was great this morning! We used weights through most of the class. I used 3 pound ones and 5 pound ones, depending on what we were doing. there are a couple women in the class who used 8 pound ones for some of the exercises, but that was the highest anyone used. I really love my heartrate monitor. Last week's classes it showed that I burned about 550 calories during each class. This morning I didn't really think we were working that hard, but I knew my heartrate was up and I was sweating all over the place. When I checked the calories burned, it was 701! Pleasantly surprised! We weigh in on Friday morning. The last time I had the little gain after my trip, so I'm hoping for a loss this week.

Great news here. Before Christmas I received a letter from IRS stating that I owed almost $500 for taxes from 2007. I cried. It was something that they said wasn't turned in. I went through everything and made copies of all of Tim's college expenses and the money that we used from the Ohio Tuition Trust fund that we started for him when he was in elementary school. This was stuff that our tax preparer had but didn't turn in I guess. Anyway, I received a letter today that I don't owe the money!!!!!!!!!! I cried again! lol
It is such a relief.

Recipe update - I have my friend's recipes almost completely organized in a binder. Still have some to type and put in the binder, but I think she'll be happy with it. Tim said that he thinks we should come up with a title and design something fancy to put on the front. I think she'd love it! I told her that I have to buy a new keyboard because I keep drooling on this one as I type all of the yummy foods!

Yesterday it was over 50 degrees here. Today it is in the upper 20's and snowing.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:38 PM   #35  
ready to be healthy!

Tammy~ yay ur a buckeye!! ya this weather here is insane!!! im sitting at work and just saw more snow flurries (which i think are disgusting......pretty but disgusting) lol........so just some info for you all to get to know me better im going to copy and paste my original mini blog.......WARNING- its quite lengthy so i apologize in advance lol

~
Hey everyone! My name is Nikki and I am 26 yrs old. I am extremely overweight and have recently made the decision to make a change! I am consumed by so many emotions right now. I'm excited, scared, the feeling of overwhelming doubt, happiness, disappointment, but the most important feeling to me is the feeling of FINALLY being ready to do something about it. I was blaming everyone but myself. I was the one who did this nobody else. I was never ever a lil girl i was always the "thicker" one. I have gone from "thick" to "crazy thick" lol. I'm always called the cute one or people will say "you have such a pretty face" or "if you lost the weight you have no idea how pretty you would be". I'm extremely outgoing and have never let my weight discourage me from my social life or anything like that. I was in a very abusive realtionship for 10 yrs (yes, i said 10 yrs......almost half of my life), we lived together for 5 yrs and it all went down hill from there.

He was extremley abusive mentally, physically,emotionally. I gave him complete control of my life. The only thing I THOUGHT i had full control over was EATING, so I ate and ate and ate. Not to mention I'm an emotional eater anyways. He called me horrible names and after time I began to believe him. Long story short I worked up the courage and I left. I moved home with my mom. Still depressed I continued to eat and eat and eat! Burger King was my BFF lol. Oh ya did I mention I am a Sprite addict?! So the pounds kept packin on!

That was 3 years ago, let me fast forward to today. I am currently in another relationship, have been for about a yr and a half. It is a "normal" healthy relationship and he is supportive of my decisions. I still live at home with my mom. I have a good job that I have been at for 3 yrs. NOw to the problem......Ive gained around 30 lbs in 3 yrs!!!!!!!!!!! I have come to a point in my life where it is NECESSARY for a change! I am willing to stick to it! I am willing to do anything I possibly can to loose this weight! I have decided to do the points system with weight watchers (not officially bc money is tight at the moment) but follow it the best I can without joining, and cut pop COMPLETELY out of my life! I REFUSE to drink my calories anymore I was drinking close to 90 oz of pop a day which is roughly around 1400 calories in pop alone!!!!! O my goodness what was I thinking...........well I'll tell you what I was thinking........"I wont gain weight, I'm active enough that it wont affect me" ummmmmm ya I was WRONG!!!!!!! It definatley snuck up on me and attached itself to my booty, my belly, my arms, my thighs.......lets face it EVERYWHERE lol. I want to be healthy. I want to be toned. I want to be beautiful inside and out. I want to live , and thats the bottom line I want to live. I hope to one day have a family and being this overweight that dream seems far far away! So I hope to become accountable and learn how to do this the healthy way. If anyone has any advice I am like a sponge (no pun intended) I'm ready and I am willing to accept any help anyone has to offer. I look forward to meeting all of you and hearing your stories as well!!!! **Spreading pound shedding dust on all of you!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2010, 05:35 PM   #36  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone~ You do know that I will be very very disappointed if ya all don't show up sunday, right?! haha!

Nikki, Nikki, Nikki.....hi & welcome! You sound like me when I was your age! exactly actually! You really sound like you know what you and you are ready to grab it, so you go girl! Yay, for giving up all that pop! Look how much money you will save there!

Susan - hope you are feeling better~ How's your dad?

Tammy - So glad you got your IRS thing straightened out! Yay on the recipe duty!

Tina - So excited for you on the townhouse! Have fun packing up those delicates! Let me know what you think of the 1 Point Rasp./Choc. bars! And yes, I'm sure the smoothie with water is less tasty than with milk. I did buy a pint of skim. So I'll try it that way.

Dori - good job with your water! I love porkchops! mmmmm!

Maureen - hope things are going well with the unpacking!

Mimi - Hope you got some rest today! What was your MRI for?

Last Monday I had a mammogram done. Tuesday morning they called me and said there was a mass in my left breast! I had blood work done this morning and I meet with with the radiologist on thursday to review the findings and tell me what is next. Prayers appreciated!!!!! Oh & I haven't mentioned this to the kids so please don't post anything on Facebook. We are waiting until after Thursday! Very nervous!

Have a great night!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:47 PM   #37  
Thursday Lady

Jeanne, I am so sorry about the results. I've already prayed about it for you. More prayers will follow.
Maybe they will find it is only a large cyst. We will remain positive that all will be okay.
Love you,
Tina
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:02 PM   #38  

Jeanne, I pray that everything will be fine. Will be keeping you in prayers. Keep us posted.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:17 PM   #39  
ready to be healthy!

Jeanne my prayers are definatley with you!!! Just keep thinking postive thoughts!!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:54 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Jeanne-my prayers are with you too-
Nikki-welcome-you've come to the right place-these are a super bunch of special ladies-be positive-you're worth the effort
Tina, I'm ready to move are you? I'm so tired of boxes

Tammy I'm tired-you just have so much energy

Mimi-glad the MRI went well-
everyone have a great rest of the evening and I good day tomorrow

maureeh
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:57 PM   #41  

Jeanne, my prayers too, and you are right about the heart, I just felt I had to send it when I saw it, and my client asked me to remind everyone to get their Papp test so I thought I would do a 2 in one.
Lots of hugs
Marion
Old 01-25-2010, 07:59 PM   #42  

Nikkic : You ARE beautiful and I am glad to see you will be loving yourself more by taking care of yourself,
Marion
Old 01-25-2010, 10:00 PM   #43  
Susan

Oh Jeanne, my heart goes out to you!!! I will say extra prayers!!! Remember we are all here for you!!!

Mimi, I've had one MRI when I was pregnant. Hated it, they had someone on call to sedate me just in case!!

Tina & Maureen, I know y'all will be ready to move!

Tammy, you make me tired

Niki, welcome to the group

Dori, you are doing great!

News on Daddy!! They were giving him 2 pain pills at a time. We said "no more" He is slowly returning to Daddy!!! He has been seeing things, grumpy and just out of it. He is much better. They stood him somet
today. Yea!!!

I finally feel better. 48 hour bug I guess! That's when it was over! Thank goodness!

Hugs!!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:15 PM   #44  
ready to be healthy!

Mimi ~ thank you so much , u 2 are a beautiful woman!!!

Maureen~ u guys do def seem like a great bunch of ladies!!!! i cant wait to go on this journey with ya!

Auntie~ Thank you its feels great to be here!!!

So i had my first boca burger tonight with fat free cheese......not too shabby. im so excited to finally be making this change in my life. im kinda scared to see what ill look like at a healthy weight.........
Old 01-25-2010, 10:27 PM   #45  

Maureen, today some of us were ready to crawl out of the aerobic room when we were done.

Susan, I couldn't do all this exercising if I was working. After class, I can just relax the rest of the day for the most part. Great news about your dad! Also glad you are feeling better.

Nikki, I tried boca burgers once, and I ended up throwing them out. I eat ground turkey or chicken or lean beef.

Went uptown to bug my friend while she worked tonight. Didn't like coming out and having to scrape my windshield. Ice! Yuck! And WHY didn't I stay in the south a little longer?????