Old 01-21-2010, 10:30 PM   #16  
Susan

Ya'll are going to think I've lost my mind but I'm going to do a triathlon at Lifetime (my gym) It's an indoor 1 hour triathlon. You do 10 minutes in the pool, 20 minutes treadmill and a 30 minute bike ride in the cycling room. I'm going to DO IT!!!! I'm so excited!!!!! I don't know what has gotten into me, but I know I can do an hour!!!!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:44 PM   #17  
Thursday Lady

Susan, that sounds like fun. Can we all come do it with you!
Tammy, I'm so sorry Tim has had problems. You are a good mother and will help him.

Everyone have a good Friday.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:24 PM   #18  
Susan

I want you all to do it with me!!! It would be so much fun!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 05:39 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

way to go Susan-we'll be there with you-I bet you didn't know you've been corresponding with "Time Travellers" all these years-good for you though-you'll do it-when's it happening?

maureen

Last edited by maureen kempster; 01-22-2010 at 05:44 AM.
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:15 AM   #20  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

TGIF!!!!

Hi everyone!!! Hope everyone has a great day!

Susan - I think that sounds wonderful! I'd love to do it with you too!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:37 PM   #21  
jeanne

Hi! Me again! I was just thinking......I told you guys about the 1 Point Chocolate Carmel WW Bars.......Well today, my new order came today and I just had the 1 Point Peanut Butter Bar! OMGosh! So good! So, I know that they are pricey, but for those of you who go to meetings - you should treat yourself to a box!

Hope you all had a great Friday!
Old 01-22-2010, 07:55 PM   #22  
Susan

Maureen and Jeanne, I'd love for ya'll to come do it with me. I keep thinking about how excited and I am and then in the next minute I think well....... maybe I shouldn't! I think it would be an accomplishment. I'd only be competing with myself because I don't care if I came in last just as long as I finished.

It's Feb. 28. I just have to make sure that I can do it after the abalation. I asked him last time if I would have any restrictions and he said no. I was wondering if I could swim. I'll have to double check when I go for my pre op appointment.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:25 AM   #23  
Thursday Lady

Happy Saturday!
Susan, yes--double check about that. You'd be moving a whole lot.
It sounds like such fun.

Jeanne, I'll have to get some of those bars at a meeting.
I threw away the chocolate smoothie mix. After one serving, I just couldn't go it. They've changed something about it since the last time I bought some.

Tammy, I haven't tried the Fiber One bars but will look at them in the store.

Maureen, I know you are tired. Be sure to eat lots of protein to help keep yourself going.
Donna, how are you doing? Did you have a good weigh-in? (I'll look on that thread.)
Mimi, how are your sons?
Dori and Sis, how's it going?

Old 01-24-2010, 07:08 AM   #24  
jeanne

Hi! And....Good Morning!

Tina - yes, you should treat yourself to a box! I tried the dark chocolate raspberry 1 POINT mini bar yesterday. Mmmmm! I really liked it too! Better than the peanut butter one! I just had a chocolate smoothie Friday. Unfortunately I had to make it in 2% milk so it was actually 4 POINTS by the time I drank it! I didn't think it was bad, but I didn't have anything to compare it too! It wasn't wonderful tho! haha!

Have a great Sunday everyone! I love Sundays, they are my lazy family day! Although we have Rigatoni or Spaghetti and meatballs every single Sunday......... However, I have learned to MEASURE the entire meal out to stay OP!

Drink your water, eat your veggies and shake those bootys girls!
Old 01-24-2010, 12:16 PM   #25  

Sorry looks like I haven't been here for a bit. Everythings still good around here, tomorrow I have the big MRI at 6 in the morning so I am a little nervous about that, but all other tests looked good (even my heart ones).

Susan; I wish we all could be there with you too, as soon as my toenail is healed (almost there) I will be back in the pool. and no you were not reacting to your Dad's hip, it is a very serious life threatening thing for an older person, the main complication being blood clots and pneumonia, that is why it is so important for them to get active as soon as possible. I'm glad they have him up and active.
Maureen;don't worry about sticking too much to points right now, after the move you can get back at it.
Tina; make sure that list has everything, I'm glad they are going to fix it up.
Jeanne; those bars are great but so expensive boxes are $8 at our meetings up here at that price, I'll pass. Sometimes they go on sale so I will check them out then.
Tammy; great the school is giving him the opportunity to make up what he missed, perhaps its better this way, and I'm sure you can help esp with the organizing.
We got a smoothie freebie at this weeks meeting (Vanilla) but I sure didn't think it was anything special, and so many ingredients. Here is my favourite drink:
1 cup orange juice (110 cal)(I use the calcium enhanced one)
1 banana
1 scoop whey protein powder (12 gm protein)
1 heaping tsp benefibre (3 gm. fibre)
4 or 5 points depending on banana size
Its really filling.
Mimi4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:55 PM   #26  
Thursday Lady

Happy Sunday!
We went by the townhouse today and saw that they had begun making corrections to things. Yea!
I am sooooo excited. But, then I realize that I have to pack up all the "delicates"--again!

Mimi, I'm so sorry you are having problems that need an MRI. I have never had one but Larry had one before his spine surgery. I got to sit in there with him.
Jeanne, I will definitely buy some of those chocolate/raspberry bars.
When I drank the smoothie drink, I just put water in it. It probably tastes a whole lot better using milk.

Tammy, what's going on today?
Susan, how is your dad? How late were you and Pat out last night?
Maureen, get some rest at work tomorrow.
Donna, keep OP. You are doing good.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:12 PM   #27  

Susan, yikes to the school not renewing that teacher. Here in Ohio they have until April 30 to notify them, but I think most of them are told before that. Tell me about the 30 Day Shred. I"ve heard of it, but know nothing about it. I can relate to all of the exercise and no loss. Been there, done that! You will be buying smaller clothes though! I think it is great you are doing the triathalon!!!! some of my friends did one last summer, but it was outside. They could do it where they could have 3 people, 1 on each activity.

Tina, there are different kinds of the Fiber One bars. I know one of them has Caramel, and it's yummy. They are filling, and they are great for right after my class at the Y (when I remember to take one).

Jeanne, I will be over next Sunday for a yummy meal.

Mimi, have fun at the MRI! Whenever Bob would have one, he would fall asleep! Those things are noisy! They would have to wake him up because he would snore and start moving. lol Your smoothie drink sounds good.

Went to church this morning and met the new pastor. I wish the old one was staying, but there isn't anything I can do about it. I plan to give him a chance. I've only gone to this church a couple of years, so I wouldn't have any problems packing up and moving to another one in town. I know there are a couple where I would be comfortable.

doing some laundry. Need to go balance the checkbook. Oh boy!
Today has been so dreary. I want sunshine.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:51 PM   #28  
Susan

Nothing exciting here. I've had the stomach bug my mom and nephew had. We went to get pizza yesterday and I said my head hurt. The closer we hit to the pizza place, I thought I would be sick but not enough to not eat. We came home and I laid down & went to sleep. Pat would check on me. I finally said I can't go withhim. I slept and was in bed by 8:30. I have done nothing but sleep on and off today.

Dad was better today. More with it! Very grumpy and frustrated. Had one if my sisters take donuts to the nurses.

Oh my Internet is down, will probably be tuesday before it's working again. I'm on the phone typing this.

Tina, very exciting about the townhouse.
Tammy, I thought it was early to let people know too, it's strange!
Mimi, good luck with the MRI.
Maureen, how's your new place?
Jeanne, I will be there for lunch too.

well I'm heading to bed! Night!
Old 01-25-2010, 08:31 AM   #29  
jeanne

OK Ladies....my house ....next sunday! Be there!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:42 AM   #30  
Thursday Lady

Happy Monday!!!

I don't know, Jeanne, are you having snowy weather?
I'll be there!
Susan, hope you are feeling lots better today. Internet problems.....Grrr...
Tammy, It's hard when another preacher comes to a church. I hope it works out okay. Did you get that checkbook balanced? I don't like doing that, either.
Mimi, I hope the MRI was uneventful. Let us know.
Maureen, how are you? Are you buried under boxes?
Donna, MtGirl, Sis, Dori--what's planned for this week?

So far, I've had 5 points---2 mini English muffins, 1/2 cup buttermilk, and a cup of hot tea. Onward and upward.