3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Thursday Chatters for December--Brrr... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/187408-thursday-chatters-december-brrr.html)

Tina 12-02-2009 04:28 PM

Thursday Chatters for December--Brrr...

Hi everyone,
Here's the place to come and talk about losing weight, living our lives, etc., etc., etc. :)
We all started weighing in on Thursdays but some have "strayed" to other days. We still come here because it's a fantastic group of people. Please come on in and join us.

Jeanne, I'm so glad to hear from you. All that traveling in your car -- yuck! It's too bad you don't have a computer handy at work.
We have missed you!!!!! Please keep trying to log in. I know it's a pain nowadays.

How are we doing??? I went to my ob/gyn on Monday. Haven't gotten the test results back but am sure everything is fine. I go for a mammogram next week.
I saw an endocrinologist yesterday about this itsy bitsy thyroid nodule I've had for eons. I've had one ultrasound and will have another next week. If the place is over 1 cm in size, I get to experience a fine needle biopsy. (I don't think it will be small. :p )
I've lost a pound of the three that I gained over Thanksgiving time.

Let's talk!!!!!
:flow1:

Tammy 12-03-2009 11:20 PM

Jeanne, I think I might like that going from place to place in my car, but I'm sure it could get old after a while. Maybe I'll just come over and drive you around!

Tina, I hope if you have to have the biopsy, it will be a teeny, tiny, itsy, bitsy needle. Good for you for losing some of the Thanksgiving weight!

Back to class in the morning. Missed on Wednesday, just too much going on. Tim doesn't have to work tomorrow night at Arby's or squad, so I'm going to convince him that I'll buy supper if we go buy new bookshelves to put beside my desk. He had told me that if I bought one, he would put it together. I keep going through papers and books. I've thrown out lots of papers of different kinds and wondered why on earth I have kept so much of it. I have a box of books to give away, and I also have another bag of clothes to take to the consignment shop. All but 2 of my Christmas shirts/vests are way too big. I cried about the one vest because I just love it! Guess maybe I could find something new at the consignment shop.

I can't believe that we leave for Florida 3 weeks from Saturday! Just getting all the Christmas stuff up, and then it will have to come down. I mentioned to Tim that I might just let him take it down while I'm gone. He'll be flying home on the 30th.

He has been going through more things in his room here and moving it up to his apartment. Lauren was here last weekend, so he didn't do much then, but since they rarely see each other, that was ok with me.

Hope everyone has had a great week!

Tina 12-05-2009 07:12 PM

Hi,
Tammy, how was getting back to class? Are you having any more problems with your new medicine?
I can't believe you'll be leaving on your trip so soon.
I can't believe that Christmas is so close!!!! I've got to do some serious shopping.

maureen kempster 12-05-2009 08:11 PM

Hi everyone
2 more weeks and I'll be on my way to Calgary-I'm looking forward to it sort of-I certainly don't feel very Christmasy at all-I'm not bothering to put up any decorations because I leave on the 19th and return on the 30th-then I'm only going to have to start packing so I may as well leave everything in the boxes. I went and bought all new decorations after Christmas on top of it.

After I move if it will fit in my place, I'm going to buy my brother's treadmill. I'd also like to take up cross country skiing-i'm going to be right near a trail. It's all an adventure isn't it?
I hope everyone is well
Mimi where are you?
Tammy I want to go in your suitcase to fla. Where abouts are you going?
talk to you all soon

maureen

Tammy 12-05-2009 11:39 PM

Tina, the main problem with the medicine is that I am sleepy so much. I missed the class Friday morning because I overslept! I plan to turn my radio up pretty loud on Monday because I have to answer phones at the radio station M-T-W from 6-8 am!

Maureen, I don't blame you for not decorating since you won't be around. Cross country skiing sounds fun, but I'm sure I'd fall and break something. I'm going to be at Vero Beach, FL, for about 5 days. Tim will be there for part of it, and then he'll be flying home. Then I head to Georgia, and then on to Hilton Head.

I also can't believe Christmas is so close. I have been buying things here and there for a while, but I decided maybe I need to check and see exactly what I have for which people!

jar1965 12-06-2009 02:02 PM

Hi everyone!!! It's freeeeeezing cold here!!! 18 degrees!
GO STEELERS! We really need a win! Those poor guys playing in this weather!
Yesterday we went to Indiana and it was snowing and the snow was hanging in the trees. It looked like a picture. Beautiful. The house is all decorated and the shopping is all done! Yay!

Tina -Good Luck and I am praying for all postive test results for you!

Tammy - My husbands family lives in Vero Beach! Have fun!

Hello to everyone & I hope you are all doing great!

Tammy 12-06-2009 04:14 PM

Jeanne, you went to Indiana and you didn't stop and see me????????????????
Did you take Interstate 70 across Ohio? If so, you were close to me. My niece and her husband are big Steelers fans. I like Big Ben myself, just because he went to college at Miami University (my alma mater!). He also grew up in a little town where a friend of mine is from.

Tina 12-06-2009 04:37 PM

We had snow on Friday!!!!!! It started with rain but got down to freezing so it stuck for a little while. Wow, this is two years in a row. I envy everyone that can have snow every year. However, I wouldn't want to shovel the stuff. :lol:
Jeanne, you are so smart to have all your shopping done. Wow!
I'm writing my cards today.

Maureen, I'm sure you will have a very good time. I'm with you about not unpacking everything. I thought we'd already have bought a townhouse by now. I'm very glad you have one!!!
Mimi, how are you doing?
Sis, harlie, Dori, where are y'all?
Tammy, I'll bet your tree is pretty. I'm glad Tim and Lauren did it for you.

Mimi4fun 12-06-2009 05:35 PM

I'm glad I don't have to shovel it this year, thats one good thing about being in an apartment.
I've been putting most of my computer hours into the online course I am taking. Sorry if I have been MIA
My little tree is up but not decorated yet. I also did a little Christmas baking mostly to send to my son out west.This Christmas is going to be hard without him.
Weight is doing ok and I am still getting out to walk almost everyday so that is really helping.
Hope everyone is taking it easy. Will you all have time off at Christmas?

heather_dw 12-06-2009 09:59 PM

I'm new to this thread but not to this site. As you can see by my join date, I've been going around with losing weight for years. Bah

Hubby and I have decided to follow the WW points program even though we're not actually enrolled in WW. Today was our first day and both of us got UNDER our point even with some hot cocoa earlier and our Skinny Cow ice cream treat.
It seems like we were able to eat a lot of food. I don't know if we'll lose weight eating like this, but we're going to try.

years ago, I lost 100 pounds just eating low sodium but lately, when I try to get back on the weight loss, I think my problem is that I don't eat nearly enough calories and then I starve and start eating whatever crappy for me thing I can get my hands on. Hubby's problem is that he doesn't usually eat at all during the day because his work is always crazy or stressful.

I'm hoping this points system will work for us. I don't know though.. like I said, it seems like an awful lot of food and it feels weird to eat "bad things" but yet still get under a point tally for the day.

:o

Mimi4fun 12-06-2009 10:34 PM

Hi Heather; Have you ever gone to a weight watchers meeting? Do you have the books etc. to help you? I recently rejoined after losing 80+ pounds 5 years ago. I guess the main thing to tell you is that it is not a diet. Its a lifestyle change and there are no "bad" foods. Weigh or measure your portions. and write it down.
Its really important to get your points every day so that your body doesn't go into shut down mode. Also try to concentrate on filling foods esp vegetables and whole grains as they take longer to digest. We are all pretty experienced here and can help you a lot. and oh by the way.
WELCOME

heather_dw 12-06-2009 10:55 PM

I've never been to a meeting. The 40$ a month isn't in the budget right now and the closest meeting to me is 30 minutes away. My mom used to do it though and I do somehow have a points slider.

My points ended up being -8 and hubby's ended up being -4 today
We're being very careful with the portion sizes. Like when I had baked fries tonight, it said a serving was 12, so I counted them out like a good girl :carrot:
I drank most of my water but it's the first day, so I can improve tomorrow. I just worry about eating too much even IF I am within my points.

I know the hardest part of this will be eating veggies. I really hate those suckers. I do good to maybe choke down a salad every once in a while. I do like fruits though although I know those aren't as good for you.

Mimi4fun 12-07-2009 02:05 PM

Yes the veggies are hard for me too. I suspect if we were veggies freaks we wouldn't be on this page.
Anything I can help with, let me know.
And don't worry about the water thing all that fuss about the 8+ glasses has been downplayed by WW just make sure you aren't dehydrating yourself.
Try to get those points in slow and steady wins the race.
Its weigh in for me tonight so........ hopefully update coming.
Hey ladies it almost -20 fahrenheit for Dan today so consider 17 a balmy day.:(

heather_dw 12-07-2009 03:55 PM

What are your guys' thoughts on keeping track of points weekly rather than daily. I read that somewhere...

Like.. take your daily points x7 and make sure at the end of the week that you stay at or near that number even though you might be over one day or under on another day?

Not sure if I'm explaining that well..

**edited to add**

Hubby was 5 over today. Naughty boy. He was 4 under yesterday, so he's still okay. It's our second day and he's still learning. I was SPOT ON for my points today. I'm just wondering if you can actually get healthier/lose weight while still eating a bad thing here or there even if you are ON or UNDER your points. It just seems crazy! Today, I had a pumpkin cookie and a small fountain soda and still stayed on points. Yesterday, I had hot cocoa and was still UNDER. I'm wondering if you're only supposed to use your points on "good things". Hmmmmm

Tina 12-08-2009 08:39 AM

Hi everyone! :)
Heather---welcome---it's so nice to have you here.
Listen to Mimi because she gave you good advice.
About the points every week----journaling your points each and every day is the way to lose.
Remember that you have 35 flex points each week. When you are over your range for the day, use the flex points.
I know that it can be difficult at first but after awhile, you will get the hang of it. Please don't fret over one point over or under. But, do try to use all your points every day and then there are flex ones, just in case.

I hope everyone will have a good day. Do any of you have snow right now? Stay safe and OP.