Old 12-25-2009, 07:43 PM   #76  
Thursday Lady

Merry Christmas!
It sounds like everyone is having a great day.
Right now, I'm really exhasted. So, I'll write a long post tomorrow.

Tammy, have a wonderful trip and stay safe. I hope we hear from you while you're gone. hint..hint..hint..
BTW, just eat the deviled eggs for me.

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:18 PM   #77  

Susan, I've been wondering where you've been. I almost called you a couple of times.

I am finally packed! Tim told me a few minutes ago to sit down because I was making him nervous. I told him that he is packing for 5 days, and I'm packing for 19 days. Makes a difference. Bob always said that if we forget things, we can always buy new.

Tina, I didn't think those deviled eggs would be good if I mailed them! lol Yuck!!

I know once Tim comes home, I'll have the computer all to myself, so I should be able to check in.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:56 AM   #78  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi! Sounds like everyone had a nice holiday. Mine was nice too! When the kids went to visit their dad and the boyfriends family...(1st time I've had to share them on that day)...Bob & I went to the movies. Yep, the movies. hahah! We went and saw "Its Complicated". funny & cute! Great cast! Oh and by the way, the movie theater was very busy. We were surprised!

Well I took today and tom. off too! If I can stop coughing long enough, we are going to head out and shop a little. Cash in those gift cards. We also got gift cards for Applebees, Bravo's, and a little Italian Rest. not far from here. Soooooo, I'm thinking dinner out too!

16 years ago today I started my diet that led me to a 100 lb. loss, So, I woke up this morning and said if I can do it then, I can do it now. Wish me luck! Oh, I'm not after 100 lbs. this time. Only 50. ONLY! Urgh!

Well have a great day everyone.

Last edited by jar1965; 12-26-2009 at 06:58 AM.
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:00 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning
Well, it's almost the start of another new year. I feel that this year I managed some major changes in my life so this year coming up I'm going to tackle more-I'm going to try and start a walking program-I went out this morning and bought 2 pedometers!!! one fits in your pocket the other you clip on your waist band. I'm going to give them a try. I'm going to enrol in a French speaking class. I'm going to be good to myself.
I'm determined to get to the weight I feel good at. This is the year.
Together we can do it. We will motivate each other, give each other a push along the way, we are worth it so let's not forget that

have a great day and enjoy

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:15 PM   #80  
Susan

Hi Ya'll

Funny, I thought the same thing!!! I'm doing it this time!!! And I'm not just saying it this time!!!! At lunch today, we had Indian as in India food, Chicken something but I ordered mine with brown rice. Pat looked at me and the guy said "With brown rice you don't get the bread." Pat doubled checked to see if I understood. I did! I'm going to cut back on carbs.

Ok, here's the scoop.... over the month I've had to go to the ob-gyn that delievered Seamus. I didn't have to go to him but he knows me. My GP had me do a sonogram and they found fibroids which then sent me to the OB. It was emotional making the appointment. However, seeing him was fine! He doesn't think I have PCOS which makes you insulin resistant. He did say, my Estrogen level was too high which makes you not lose weight. He told me my options. None of which I liked! We are going to start with pills for 3 months, then go to ablation of the uterus, and then lastly a hysterectomy ( I totally trust this doctor, but I wasn't expecting any of those options.) Oh I have to go back for another sonogram soon.

Day one, I've done very well. Haven't been swimming but will go tomorrow. I think I might go do my Wii.

Maureen, which pocket pedometer did you get? I've had one but like most things that go in your pocket, I washed it! I would like to get another one.

Jeannie, that movie looks cute! Glad ya'll had a fun day.

Tina, how are you doing?

Let's do this together!!!!! This time next year, I plan to be thinner!!!!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:29 AM   #81  

Good morning
Well in about an hour I'm heading back to Calgary then maybe this afternoon my son & his wife & I will go to Banff for a coffee-we'll see, depends on the roads.
Susan the pedometers I bought are "Sublime"-we'll see how they work!!
Well, lets have a good day and I probably won't be back here for a few days

take care
maureen
Old 12-27-2009, 08:29 AM   #82  
jeanne

Good Morning everyone! Maureen - Have fun today! I hope you have good roads!

Yesterday was the first day of my "new" lifestyle~ AND ...... I flopped! Urgh.....I thought I had done so well, but when I came home last night and entered all my info in Spark People.com I was floored to be WEIGH over where I should have come in at. I had a great healthy breakfast and a 7 point dinner at Applebees. It was the stuff in between I guess. I'm off to sign up for the 3 months of FREE WW online.

Have a great day and make it about you!
Old 12-27-2009, 08:41 AM   #83  
jeanne

oops...correction......I read it wrong! It isn't 3 months free! It is 7 days free (big difference) and then $65 for 3 months and then $17.95 monthly. Hmmmm, vs. the $47.95 monthly........ I'm still going to do it!
Old 12-27-2009, 07:32 PM   #84  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
I'm glad you corrected that because I was about to sign up for 3 free months online WW.

We can all do this!!!!!!! I start tomorrow. It's been a hectic two weeks, especially with me being sick with this cold/allergy thing. I'm better in the daytime but nights are a drag.

Maureen, be safe. I know you'll have a good time.

Susan, I'm sorry about the diagnosis. It's good you have a dr. that you trust.

Mimi, how are you doing????
Dori and Sis---where are you girls!!!!!!

Tammy, I hope you and Tim are doing okay and having fun together.

We saw a townhouse/condo today that we love. It's just that there's no balcony or outdoor space for a tiny garden. The condo part is that they take care of outside and you aren't allowed to plant a thing. It's brand new. I wanted to fall in love with a place and it would be it! I don't feel that way about this YET.

We can all do this! We WILL do this, even a little at a time.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:18 PM   #85  
Susan

Hi,

I went swimming today. Swam for 50 minutes! I felt good when I was done. I've done with my eating. I got some yogurt at the store (not really crazy about it) and plan to make some parfaits. I got some frozen fruit and nuts. I looked for granola but not sure where to find it.

Tina, sorry you are feeling bad! Take care of yourself. I know you will find the right place and know it when you see it!

Maureen, I'm going to look up that pedometer. I want one for my pocket.
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:30 PM   #86  
Thursday Lady

Susan, Whole Foods would have all kinds of granola.
I got lots of WW yogurt. I like most all varieties except I'm not too fond of key lime.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #87  

Well today will be my first day back on points. Started a new 3 month journal so I have to keep it up. Didn't do too badly over Christmas, except for some candycane ice cream OHOH not HOHO. Wishing everyone a succesful New Year we all can do it I know we can. Starting back with walking today but taking it a little slow.
Glad everyone had a nice Christmas.
The Olympic flame came through here yesterday so there was lots of excitement in town. I didn't go downtown though too much on the bus and then standing around in the cold. In 1988 the last time the flame came through Mike who was 4 and I ran beside it for about a hundred yards.
Dan and the nurses on his floor have a weight loss competition for the new year $5 each into the pot and winner takes all so he is already figuring how he will spend the money.
Maureen;, yes Cuba sounds good right about now, still one of the cheapest and safest places to travel down south.
Susan; sorry to hear about your gynny problems. Is there any alternative treatments? That swimming sounds good, wonder where my suit has gone.
Tina; you will find the right spot. Is your real estate person making helpful suggestions? If you want some outdoor space don't compromise!!
Tammy; enjoy your trip!
Jeanne; let us know how the online works. I have a membership until April but considering options for after then.
By for now
Mimi
Mimi4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:17 PM   #88  
jeanne

Hi everyone! Woohooo. Day 3 of my new "lifestyle" - "eating" changes, Day 2 of my online ww membership. I LOVE IT!!!! The site is so informative, recipes, blogs, tracker....all kinds of goodies. I spent all day on there yesterday. (shhhh) and could only check in and out today. Both days I stayed totally OP! woooosh! And.......I drank water!

well off to do some stuff around the house~
Have a great night.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:53 PM   #89  

Good for you Jeanne for sticking with it-I'm on line with Richard Simmons & don't really do much on the site-that's why I'm a little hesitant to try WW on line. I can't wait to get home-I feel that all I'm doing is eating. I feel so out of control-major changes are on the horizon.
Well I hope everyone is well
talk to you soon

maureen
Old 12-28-2009, 07:51 PM   #90  

does anyone here go on facebook? I was thinking that maybe we could start our own group?

maureen