Old 12-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Thanks for the advice! I've been writing down what hubby and I both eat each day with point values and then tally up the points at the end of the day. When we go shopping this week, I'm going to buy a black marker so I can write the points values right on the food boxes/labels. I think that will make it less tedious, especially when hubby constantly is bringing things out of the kitchen and going "how many points on this?"
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:22 AM   #17  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! No snow here......yet! Its cold tho! I heard we may get a snow storm Thursday?!?!??

Heather - Welcome!!!! I think I recognize you from another board. I too, have been on for years. I actually lost my info after a lapse of not being here and then set up a new one! I love ww and think that keeping track is the key. The ladies gave you some great advice!

Tammy - hmmm.....Indiana........I-70.......nope. hahah. Maybe a different Indiana. I don't know. This is where IUP is.

Gotta scoot! I'm at work. Donut & Candy heaven!!!!! Urgh!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #18  

I've been googling WW recipes for this out of towner family christmas party I'm going to on Sunday. My little sis wants me to make my famous sugar cookies. I did find a recipe online, I just get sort of wary about "diet" recipes because usually, they taste weird or don't rise/bake properly. The other thing I worry about with a sugar cookie recipe, is that this recipe I found is 1 pt a cookie. The recipe makes 45 cookies. I have various holiday shaped cutters but it's going to be almost impossible to make sure they are all one point and it comes out to 45 cookies when using cutters.

Tummy is being cranky today. It's hurting a bit. Feels like I'm hungry no matter what I do. I think it's just being a brat. I've only had 11 of my 37 points today. I really need to find some filling snacks. I do have one point snacks in the house but they don't seem to be very filling although they do taste good.

As for the weather, it's in the 30's and raining here all day. (Missouri)
Old 12-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #19  

Thanks Tina, Heather I would just like to add I did very well the first time I joined weight watchers, Then I saw posts about using for example 15 points for a day or two then maybe 60 on the next. I will tell you that when I followed that advice I quickly fell out of counting all together. One of the ideas behind weight watchers that I didn't understand before is that we are retraining our bodies and minds to eat in a normal fashion. When we binge regularly we undo all the good we have done. Please don't follow that advice. Its just too easy to drop counting and continue on.
I don't want to end up over 300 pounds again, thats why I have rededicated myself to following the weight watcher plan. YOU CAN DO IT.
And there are no good or bad things to eat most of us need our little treats and thats one thing that is great about WW just count them in.
Sorry don't want to preach.
Mimi4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #20  

So it's not the food itself, it's just important that you stay within your points? After all these years of "low fat/diet foods", to be told "here, eat whatever you want as long as you fit it within these points" just seems too good to be true!
Old 12-08-2009, 05:08 PM   #21  
Thursday Lady

It is hard to believe If you like Starbuck's, you can get a tall, non-fat, no whip hot chocolate for only 4 pts. It's a lot of liquid and is also milk.

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #22  

I tallied up my points for the day and I'm spot ON. Hubby is way under. He struggles to use all his points because he doesn't eat during the day. He just grabs a cereal bar in the morning, a lean cuisine for lunch and then whatever we have for dinner. He is 17 under today and that's even with a planned in Skinny Cow ice cream later tonight. He just does not eat breakfast nor does he have time to do anything in the morning. He literally wakes up and is out the door within a few moments. I'm not sure what to do with him. It doesn't seem right to just bug him to eat crap if he doesn't want to at night and he doesn't have time to during the day. I think if I could get him a higher point breakfast, it would help but it can't have any prep involved. It would have to be something you could grab and eat out of a package.

I also got 5 16 ounces of water in and I'm going to go get some diet soda just for something different.

Last edited by heather_dw; 12-08-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:29 PM   #23  
Thursday Lady

Heather, could your husband take something with him for later in the morning. Some people like to take a bagel with them. A store bagel is 6 points.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #24  

Good idea. I'll suggest it. I feel like I'm on some crazy kind of "opposite diet" since I'm trying to get him to eat MORE. I'm wondering if that was his issue all along. He's tried to lose weight in the past. He never does. He might lose a pound or two here or there but he tries so hard without any result that he gives up. I'm just asking myself if perhaps he never had any success because he hardly ever ate and when he snacked, it was all these lo cal/no fat snacks. I'm sitting at 320 now and he's heavier than I am but eats way less. That doesn't seem right.

part of me is scared that I'll keep eating these points and GAIN weight. I feel like I'm missing something with the diet, like "your points have to all be *good* points" or something like that.

Is there anything else I need to know with WW except "stay in points, drink water, try to eat more Fruits and Vegggies"? I'm going to ask my mom if she still has any WW materials I can look at. I just don't want to do things wrong but I can't afford it right now especially with the holidays and me hardly working.

Last edited by heather_dw; 12-08-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:24 PM   #25  

Please try to get some exercise in too. If you really have a lot of trouble getting around just start small (like a walk to the corner and back) and increase when you can.
Re: your hubbies points you could give him some extras with his dinner like a baked potato?? How many points does he eat on an average day. Is he living on less than 20?? 44 points is the upper limit and that would be for an active young man.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:29 PM   #26  

heather I sent you a private message check the top of the page on the right side
Old 12-09-2009, 04:20 PM   #27  
Thursday Lady

Weight Watcher's for 2010---
I understand that there isn't much, if any, change for the new year.
There will be handouts every week. If we miss a week, we can print them out from the WW site. (That's what someone who's already been to a meeting this week said.)
I can't go tomorrow but will try to catch a meeting on Friday morning.

Where is everyone????? They are probably waiting to get an e-mail saying people have posted. It's not going to happen, I'm afraid!

Everyone have a fantastic OP day.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #28  

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Today I got one from the weigh in site but none from this. I guess we just need to check in every day>
Old 12-10-2009, 09:59 AM   #29  
Thursday Lady

Good morning,
Boy, I overdosed on chocolate chip cookies yesterday. But, today is a new day!
Maureen, I know you are busy getting ready for your trip. Did you mail your packages or do you have them in your case?

Does anyone have all your shopping done---except for Susan! Susan, you are always the first one.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:41 PM   #30  

I don't know if this will work but here is a link, for those who just have to have a cookie. For me the strong taste of ginger surpresses the need to have a huge handful. If it doesn't work I will email the link to you.
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/G...d-People/Print

Last edited by Mimi4fun; 12-10-2009 at 07:18 PM.