Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 06:15 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Default Wednesday's thread has far to go

Morning girls!
Wow - the threads have been jumping these past few days - it's great! Except when I've been too busy to lurk/post and there's so much to catch up on!! I might try again later when I've got some free time.
Hello PJ, welcome back Rina (congrats!) and hi to everyone else - old, new or lurkers.
Lisa - 31 is perfect! my BF is 5 years older than me and it really makes a difference in the relationship. sooo much better.
Jen - thanks for doing the running challenge. i can't start it this week but will do so next week, i'll just be a bit behind!! hmm, just like when i'm running with others!
BF is in the Netherlands all week (for work) so i'm going to join him friday night and we'll spend the weekend in Amsterdam. Can't wait!
Gotta go work. the boss is off so we're short-staffed.
Kirsty
Old 07-24-2002, 08:31 AM   #2  
GO CANES!

ooooohhhhh. I wawnt to go to Amsterdam!?? Even London!! lucky girl!

MORNING everyone! Have I mentioned that I absolutely adore this site?? I was hooked yesterday and slacked on work!
oops!
Anyway. I can totally tell that I am much more positive about things today. OK. I"ll check in later
Old 07-24-2002, 08:42 AM   #3  
KS pride-Seminole country

Smile Good Morning!

Kirsty, do you go to Amsterdam often? I went for a few days, and well.. it was quite an experience! It's really cool, but I was really frustrated I kept getting lost Also my hostel was, well not in the best area to be going alone at night (of course I didn't realize that when I was booking it!)
Have a great time! It really is a neat place.. like you don't know this already.

Hey girls,
Okay, I have really no good excuse for missing class this morning, except that I was ironing my pants! Okay, so it would've made me late, then I burned myself and well, it just shattered any chance of going. But, I got an 87 on my test! I was so hoping for higher, but I"m still happy.

Went to WI last night, and down 1.6! I was quite happy, especially
after the Domino's excursion! So I'm at 7 total. C'mon baby!

Well, work is pretty cool. I haven't gotten totally settled in yet, but I'm still in training until the position I'm filling leaves on Friday. Then I'll have my own little cubicle (first ever!) and computer. OKay, so you guys are probably thinking, yeah.. whoopee.. but this is my first real job!
Everyone is really nice there, and I think I"ll get the hang of things quickly.

I went to Yoga again on Monday , and I'm planning on going tonight. I really like it, and I love the feeling after we're done. We were doing stances for the second half though, and I was literally like, "I"m supposed to bend how? !"
Tonight is also Abs and back class. Ah, I'm excited!

Okay.. well i will post back later after everyone has gotten up and started their day! Talk to you all soon

Lucy

Last edited by Diamond7981; 07-24-2002 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-24-2002, 08:44 AM   #4  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Morning Kirsty and PJ

I made such a nummy breakfast today! Would you believe that there's a WW recipe for chocolate chip banana pancakes? I made them this a.m. and they were fantastic. It was so hard to stop at one! Even Aaron ate two...and was a total chocolate face afterwards, it was adorable.

Kirsty, your niece is beautiful..the cheeks on that babe are rather amazing! Can you type her name in caps for me? IN the font my browser uses, I can't read her name at all, it kind of all goes together in a jumble.

PJ, I'm so glad you're feeling positive about things this morning. I find taht my WW goes much better when I'm feeling positive. I could see where it would be easy to hang out here where it's interesting instead of doing boring work.

I'm headed to the grocery store today...anyone got any good meal ideas for us? We've got to get out of our grilled boneless skinless chicken breast routine, or my hubby is going to have my head! He's dying for a change, and to be honest, so am I. We do lots of stir-fry too, and he says that these just don't fill him up. I'm going to look at the recipe thread for ideas too.

I fully intended to start on the running challenge last night, but I fell down a few stairs (carrying laundry and not looking where I was going) and my ankle was a bit tingly, so I didn't. But I still have time, so I'm GOING TO DO IT TONIGHT! Those caps are my way of showing how serious I am about this!

BBL!
Old 07-24-2002, 08:50 AM   #5  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hey Lucy, we were posting at the same time. Congrats on the great WI and I'm glad you like your new job so far!
Old 07-24-2002, 09:01 AM   #6  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Goooooood Morning!

Morning, everyone! I went to bed late and woke up early, but some how managed to be in a pretty darn good mood!

Thank you so much, everyone, for being SO sweet and supportive (and threatening! ) yesterday when I was releasing my frustrations about co-workers. It really helped enormously! I've said it before and I'll say it again--you guys are the greatest!

Hello, Rina! Long time no see, hope you're feeling better soon!

Kirsty--Wow, sounds like you have a great weekend planned! Thanks for posting the pictures of Lolly's wedding! She looked absolutely gorgeous and it looks like it was perfect wedding weather! (Yes, I like exclamation marks!)

PJ--Yes, posting here is seriously addictive, but it's SO much fun. It's like spending a day with a bunch of close girlfriends, what more could you ask?

Lucy--Congrats on your loss! Having your own cubicle for the first time IS very exciting, I don't blame you for getting so worked up over it! I was thrilled when I started here and got my own cubicle. I brought pictures and other things to decorate and am still adding things. It practically becomes your home, so you should definitely get excited about it!

Can I share something a little personal with you guys that BF did that really touched me (yeah, OK ,there's a little pun in there). If you don't want to hear, I won't be offended if you don't read further. But, if you don't mind the juicy details: Last night, while BF and I were, ahem, engaged in activity, he kept telling me "Your body is so beautiful", which is something he's never told me (during that activity) in our entire almost 2 years of being together. Yesterday must have been a good day for me to be flattered--first the lady at work, then some guy told me I look good during the drill, and finally, BF.

Know what? You guys are the only people that I can share that kind of info with because I know you appreciate it more than anyone else can. You know how good it feels to receive compliments on your weight loss and hard work. It's not really obnoxious "bragging" when I tell you guys about it. It's sharing a success, the same way we do when we lose or resist drinks on a night out. That's why I love you guys. (I'm getting all veclempt).

OK, I'm going to see about getting a little work done now. I'll check in again later.

Old 07-24-2002, 09:07 AM   #7  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Jayne--We were posting at the same time, too! I bet your little chocolate faced sweetie WAS adorable! Hmmm, recipe ideas--lately, I've been making tortilla pizzas--a fat free tortilla, a little sauce, reduced fat pepperoni, onions, 1/4 cup cheese, and a bunch of mushrooms and olives. For awhile, I was having BBQ Turkey roll-ups every single night. That's a fat free tortilla, BBQ sauce, Oscar Mayer Turkey slices (2) chopped up, 1/4 cup cheese...

Of course, these are meals that I, as a single person, eat. I don't have a family to feed, so I concentrate on things that are really quick and easy (translate: microwaveable) to make.

OH! Before I forget, there's a cookbook that I wanted to tell everyone about. It's a WW cookbook and it can be found at http://www.oxmoorhouse.com/product.a...B453&sku=25250
It's 5 Ingredients and 15 minutes. I looked through it at my last meeting and was VERY impressed with it! I'm probably going to get it (when I decide I can part with the money).

OK, back to work, really.
Old 07-24-2002, 09:20 AM   #8  
GO CANES!

Lucy
Where do you go to school???? Seminole county in Florida?? My parents live by Tampa, and I went to school in MIAMI!! (go canes!!)
Jess...so true. this feels like I'm hanging with my girlfriends! So funny how that works, isnt it??
Old 07-24-2002, 09:40 AM   #9  

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pissed! I just wrote an hour long post responding to everyone and it said I had too many smilies! AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!

Let me just say, Congrats to all the losers this week, and a special welcome to PJ.

Had a great time dirtbike riding, was about the only woman there among hundreds of guys. My DH was proud of me.

I will post pics of the event shortly.

I will BB in a bit....sorry about not responding to everyone right now, I have to walk around the building and cool down.....
Old 07-24-2002, 09:43 AM   #10  
Cockeyed Optimist

Kirsty - sounds like you have a great mini-vay planned. Thanks for posting the pictures of Lolly's wedding.

Lucy - congrats on the 1.6 and on obtaining a residence in a cube farm. I went to yoga last night and my instructor called me a masochist - apparently I like those side planks and one legged downward facing dogs a little too much!

Jayne - I bet Aaron was cute. Hope you got a photo of him. I know you are tired of chicken but try this.
1lb frozen skinless chicken breasts
16oz FF Sour Cream
1 can FF cream of mushroom
1 pckg dry onion soup mix
1 pckg sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
put in crockpot on low for 8 hrs 6 servings 4pts per serving
serve over rice or pasta - don't forget to count those points!

Jess - that whole can't stop complimenting you, can't keep his eyes in his head, is wonderful heady stuff and after all your hardwork, you deserve every moment of it!

Well girls....I needed the Diet Coke vibes last night....this morning I just need tylonel and water!

Laura
Old 07-24-2002, 09:52 AM   #11  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Kirsty - I'm definately giving the 31 a try... no sparks yet really, but he's a lot of fun and pretty great.

Lucy - way to go on th 1.6. I have yet to try yoga.... I think i'll try that next after I master the climbing wall.

Jayne - those pancakes sound awesome. Mmmm. You're making me crave pancakes. I think I'll have to make some soon!

PJ - good to hear your very positive. Keep it up and spread it around.. I could use some positiveness!

Jess -first, I got the chills when you said that story. How awesome. I can't imagine how wonderful that made you feel. He sounds like a keeper and a real doll... also, I know what you mean. I think some of my friends are sick and tired of hearing about points and when I miss the gym. And I think they feel weird when they eat fatty things because they think I'm judging them, which I'm not... I'd eat them too if I could. It's good to have a place to talk about points, compliments, all that stuff without people getting tired of it or think we're bragging. Give you bf a long kiss when you get home.... he's just great.

Tonya - dirt bike? sounds cool. It was fun? Hundreds of guys... I shoudl look into this

Laura - good morning! Masochist, huh.... those moves sound brutal.

Alrighty.... the 31yo just emailed me. Gosh he's great... he wants to take me mountain biking.

Lisa
Old 07-24-2002, 09:58 AM   #12  

Wink

Lisa ~ (This was part of my long post before....) I wanted to tell you to give the 31 yr old a chance. I think dating older guys is a wise choice. I didn't. My DH is a year younger than me...it took years (actually up until a few years ago) for him to outgrow the whole wild guy thing. I think dating a guy that is about thru that is easier....just my .02 cents! BTW ~ When I first my my husband (we were introduced thru friends, actually my best friend was dating him at the time) I hated him. He was obnoxious, rude, and really wild. 10 years later, we have two kids, and have been married for 6 yeears....you just never know....
Old 07-24-2002, 10:11 AM   #13  
Scotland's finest export

Hello again,
I'm just back from "legs, bums and tums" and boy am I tired!
Glad you love the site PJ! It's lovely to have you posting.
Lucy - I've been to Amsterdam before but it was a few years ago. I work in Soho so I'm used to the red-light district (no, not in that way!!). But hopefully the hotel we're staying in isn't slap bang in the middle of it. I can't wait, esp cos BF is already out there and I'm missing him. My (neighbour's) cat is keeping me company in the meantime.
Jayne - my niece is called EILIDH. it is pronouned the same way as Ailie (a-lee) but it actually means Helen (it's scottish!). she is the fattest baby i have ever seen! bless her. she's 9 months old now and almost the same size as a 2-year-old! i thought i was going to get a hernia carrying her at the christening!!
Jess - that was such a great comment from your BF!
Tonya - I hate when I lose a post! I quite often copy it before hitting post, just in case! can't wait to see the dirtbike piccies!
Laura - what kind of yoga are you doing? I do Hatha yoga, I love being a bit more flexible as I was dreadfully stiff before.
Lisa - so, you gonna go mountain biking? i reckon you should!
Gotta work,
Kirsty
Old 07-24-2002, 10:23 AM   #14  
GO CANES!

Tonya
Totally agree about dating a guy that's over his wild stuff.....my Boyfriend of about a year and a half just finally realized how dumb his wild stuff was about 6 months ago....UGH. We are definitely stronger having survived it, but man. what a full time job.
he's a doll though.....
also a chef by trade, so that kind of makes the not eating fatty foods harder, but it's alright.
ok, i digress.
i dont want to work today. cant we all just go home?
Old 07-24-2002, 10:53 AM   #15  
Cockeyed Optimist

PJ - I'm granting you permission to leave work and go home....not that your boss much cares if I give you permission!

Kirsty - I've been practicing hatha yoga for about 18 months now and am an addict. How long have you been practicing? Also, what is a "legs, bums, and tums" class?

Lisa - you said yes to the mountain biking right? I sure hope so because it's on my list of things to try and since we occasionally lead parallel lives, I'm thinking that if you do this I probably will shortly.

Tonya - it is great to have you back and posting - you rather disappeared there for awhile - glad you had fun dirtbiking.

Laura
Closed Thread