Old 10-05-2009, 07:16 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile 223 Bale of Turtles Planning for Halloween!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:17 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Check out our #222 thread because a lot of interesting posts were posted very quickly and we got full and I moved us to this thread.
Best of everything!
Judy
Old 10-05-2009, 07:19 PM   #3  
Chick

Yep, you're in the right place.
Judy
Old 10-06-2009, 11:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone - just wondering if anyone knows the calories/points for
a cineplex movie medium popcorn with becel.

Thanks
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Wednesday to everyone! Cold here today!!! But they are calling for rain the rest of the week so I guess I will grab the dogs and get a walk in this afternoon.

Bandit: No, I don't know what the points on popcorn is... I think that they are kind of high though??? Sorry, not much help to you.

Judy: Great goals!

Have some errands to run today so I have to get going... have a great day all!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:24 AM   #6  

Morning, turtles:

Princess - yes I know they are high, thinking about 900 calories for a medium.
I ate about 2/3 of the bag & that was my supper. But scale did go up .4# from yesterday morning & my official weigh in is tonight.

We seen the movie "Invention of Lying" - I didn't care for it, but some of the other ladies thought it was great. Maybe I just didn't get the humour - but was still fun to get out with the girls.

Hope everyone is staying OP this week & getting in some exercise.

Have a good one!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:36 AM   #7  
Chick

Bandit,
Here's to a : tonight! If the popcorn was salty, drink loads of water today to flush out the salt and retained fluid. That technique has worked for me. Good luck!

I'm heading to WW's to WI. wish me luck.

Princess, and for getting outside and walking.

Judy
234.6/197.8/195 and really into onederland
Old 10-07-2009, 10:59 AM   #8  

Bandit and Judy - can't wait to hear how your weigh-in went. Hoping for something good for you both.

Princess-Have a great walk with the dogs.

I have gotten in 3 days of exercise so far this week. So i am feeling good about that. My eating still isn't good but one thing at a time is all i can handle. Thanks for listening ladies. I will be back later to hear how everyone is doing.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:08 PM   #9  
Chick

Cherry,
You're doing great with the exercise! Weigh to go.

I am very happy with my WW's WI. I knocked off the pound I gained last week and an additional .6# which puts me at 196.2# and my lowest weight yet. It's a huge stretch to think I can reach 190# by Halloween, but if I step up my again and if I stay away from too many breads, I think I can do it.

Here's to us all.

Judy
234.6/196.2/195 and well into onederland
Old 10-08-2009, 10:13 AM   #10  

Morning turtles:

Cherry - great with the excercising. That will surely help & you are heading in right direction for getting everything back on track. Remember - baby steps!

Judy - congrats on your weight loss. You are really rocking it!

Princess - hope you are staying on track.

Hope everyone else is having a good week.

As for myself - I stayed the same at my weigh in - even with my popcorn treat, so was happy not to have to record another gain.

Anyone having any new or extra yummy for meals? Always looking for ways to shake things up.

Nice & sunny up here today, but suppose to rain tomorrow. My yard work will have to wait until weekend.

Lets all have a good "turtle power" day!
Old 10-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #11  
Turtle Buddy

I wrote a nice post in the previous thread, but I must have previewed it, but forgotten to actually submit it, because it disappeared. So, I've been around, but there's no evidence of my presence.

Bandit, I'm glad your weigh in went well, in spite of having popcorn for dinner. It reminds me of something we used to do with our kids during the summer. Once or twice a year we'd go to Swensen's (remember them?) and have ice cream sundaes as dinner. It's one of the "cool parent" memories my kids have.

Way to go, Judy!! Even if you don't quite make it to 190 by Halloween, I bet you're close. You're doing great!! Personally, I don't like "x pounds by y date" goals because we don't have any control over how fast the pounds come off. I prefer to set action goals--eat within my points, do x many days of exercise, etc. And let the scale take care of itself. But that's just me.

Yay, Cherry!! I'm of the opinion that if you only can do one thing, moving is the best choice you can make, fwiw. I think exercise does more for your overall health and energy level than anything. With your busy Mom's schedule, you need as much of those things as you can get.

I'm doing really well. I wrote a bunch of posts on my blog about my WW experience, particularly this Filling Foods week. Rather than post the same thing here, I'll let you click on the link in my signature and read it, if you're interested.

Tomorrow's my weigh in day. I'll let you know how it goes.

Keep turtlin'!
Lin S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:34 AM   #12  
Chick

Bandit, staying the same after movie popcorn is a Weigh to go! I bet you'll see a loss this upcoming week. In the meantime, I'll keep my eye out for you for new recipes. A fallback snack dh and I have been having when hungry at lunch or at three o'clock is the WW version of a BLT.
WW BLT
any 1 pt. bread (Arnold's Sandwich Thins, WW 1pt. pita, etc)
lettuce
tomato
1t. or thereabouts of real bacon crumbles
1t. of lite mayo or ff mayo

Toast the bread, spread with tiny bit of mayo, load up sandwich bread with loads of tomato and lettuce and a tiny sprinkling of bacon bits. (If you like to save money, buy a pound of bacon, cook it, freeze in strips and use one strip of bacon for your sandwich. )
Point count: with bacon bits 1 pt.
with 1 strip real bacon 2pts.
In any case it's like eating a salad on some bread and the tiny taste of bacon really makes it tasty.

Lin, I read several of your blogs and am fascinated by how well your week went with filling foods and how you discovered you could be un-hungry (I get it----not quite satisfied, but not uncomfortable either) with so few points. You are a good food analyst. Thanks!

As far as me, I like to set goals because they help remind me to stop eating at night because I have a focus and a short term goal to reach. Once I reach a goal, I set another small goal. For so many years I drifted being unhappy about maintaining over 200#, but not quite having the get-up-and-go to do anything about it. It's fabulous how we all tackle this weight loss thing in different ways and end up getting fit and thinner.

Yesterday I had lunch out with my friend and dd. I had a small turkey burger on a whole wheat bun and treated myself to what I think was 6 points of French fries. I imagined what a small portion of McDonald's FF would look like and ate that amount. They were good, by the way, and I didn't mind using the points on them. That put my lunch pretty high so for dinner I had a huge salad with 3 points of chicken (I had cooked a batch for the week earlier) and later on had a smoothis with a small banana to top off the evening. All in all, I was over by 4 points and am happy with that. The smoothie worked out very well since I haven't always been getting my milk in and it kept me full over night. This morning I am not starving for breakfast.
Okay--enough about me. Oh, not quite. Busy weekend coming up. A wedding on Saturday and my dear grandson's birthday party on Sunday. Luckily, Columbus Day is a holiday here and we'll have a relaxing day.

Have a great weekend and make yourself proud!
Judy
234.6/196.2/195 and well into onederland

Last edited by Itryharder; 10-09-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:53 AM   #13  
Turtle wanna be

S/C/G: 302/240/170

Height: 5.4"

Wink Upcomming Weekend

Did real well at WI on Wed. But have mixed feelings about it. Don't think I have learned to eat correctly yet. I am exercising a lot. And that is not real life and Don't want to do that (if and when) I ever reach maintenance.

Judy ~ we have Orowheat Sandwich Thins and they are 1 point also. I have them very often. I set lots of small goals also. My next scale goal is 12 pounds away. And that will not only put me in Onderland but also the lost 100 pounds marker. My leader and I have been setting aside money to go to the spa to celebrate. But every 10 pounds DH buys me a little something at 90 I am getting a charm for my charm bracelet. P.S. French Fries are so worth it every now and then, I just have to use my own reduced sugar katchup.

Lin ~ I would very much love to read you blog. I need to learn all the WW info I can, as I don't attend "real" meetings. Is it here on the fat chicks? or where can I find it? I have a blog also, but not sure if I can share the link on here.

Bandit ~ I just made WW Lemony Tapioca Pudding in the crock pot for Wednesday's meeting. I borrowed a slow cooker cook book from our cousin. It takes 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low. Four Points per serving (3/4 c) and it makes 6 servings

Princess ~ "Walkies" love that word and what happens when we say it. We are trying to figure out a way to take our 4 legged fur babies to the Susan G. Koman Breast Cancer 5k on 10/18, but I don't think it is going to happen .

to all our friends up north.
msmeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #14  

I am worried about what i am teaching my kids when i eat around them. So my DH and I are trying to make changes. Like not eating out of a bag but putting a serving size on a plate or bowl. Or cutting down the portion size of certain things we tend to over eat on. My DH is trying to help me get back on track and is writing down his points to.

Msmeri- I know what you mean about so much excercise not really being real life. At least not in my case either.

LinS- Thanks for the comments.

Bandit- Glad to hear you held on to the maintain despite the movie popcorn

Judy - That WW BLT sounds good so i am going to give it a try on a pita. I bet my DH would like it to.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #15  
Turtle wanna be

S/C/G: 302/240/170

Height: 5.4"

Wink

My Dearest Ms. Cherry,

I can't even begin to imagine what it requires to exercise at all with kids. A while back our little group planned to enter a 5k and well it didn't work out for finical reasons. But a couple of us got together anyway and plotted out a course, packed up 3 rug rats (5-1years) and began our adventure.

And when I say adventure I mean ADVENTURE!

oh my

and on Wednesday nights after dinner we go up stairs and work-out. the ding bat husbands can't even seem to control the kids, cuz they always come up there and hang all over the boflex, roll and kick the stability ball, beg to be picked up so they can hit the speed bag, bump into the MP3 player and skip the songs.....

Frustrating

Girl I don't know how you can do anything at all.
And I do know you have a very little one.
msmeri is offline   Reply With Quote